Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Base 150 on BOTH offensive stats is nothing to sneeze at.

That's true but coupled with the really lousy 60/50/50 defensives and atrocious 60 base speed, that's kinda hard to pull off without getting killed relatively quick if you don't have King's Shield up. 60 base speed is too slow for regular play and too fast for viable Trick Room set up, so if you're not using Shadow Sneak and don't have that shield up, you're gonna get hit pretty hard probably. At least it has amazing typing, but I think a lot of people keep Aegislash in mind in the meta game and probably are prepared for it, and much more so if it's not keeping up it's defenses.

Another problem is that it doesn't have much pure defensive play to stay in Shield Form. The only thing I could see maybe is using Power Trick while in Blade Form to make a bulky tank with Leftovers on after you get some Sword Dances set up, but still. At that point I'd probably just run Evolite Doublade and wipe what I can before getting knocked out but that's just me.

Regardless of my tone here, I actually really do love Aegislash and he's a beast of a Pokemon, but I just can't wrap my head around him being as god tier as everyone says without the gimmicky King's Shield defensives. I've heard King's Shield/Protect is a jerk though if you don't have things like Taunt/Encore though, since it can just stall you out as you suffer from a status or something.

Okay. Just caught a new Shiny Pupitar.

Level 45, somewhat stubborn and Careful

Attack of 89

Defense of 73

Special Attack of 64

Special Defense of 85

Speed of 56

To keep or ditch?

Okay. Just caught a new Shiny Pupitar.

Level 45, somewhat stubborn and Careful

Attack of 89

Defense of 73

Special Attack of 64

Special Defense of 85

Speed of 56

To keep or ditch?

Dunno what the Hit Points are like, but this is overall a very meh Pupitar. Most of the stats as far as I can tell are middling in terms of IVs, and I'm not sure how a defensively oriented Tyranitar would work out.

http://www.marriland.com/tools/stat-calculator#899|45|20|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

Dunno what the Hit Points are like, but this is overall a very meh Pupitar. Most of the stats as far as I can tell are middling in terms of IVs, and I'm not sure how a defensively oriented Tyranitar would work out.

http://www.marriland.com/tools/stat-calculator#899|45|20|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

HP of 155. If I use it on my team, should I Super Train it to death or no?

HP of 155. If I use it on my team, should I Super Train it to death or no?

...Wait, 155!? But that's impossible unless you've EV trained his HP already. The max for a untrained LV 45 Pupitar is 131...unless the stats have changed in the new Generation.

Speaking of Trick Room, does it affect Gyro Ball?

Trick Room changes the order, but not the speed stats themselves, which is what Gyro Ball uses to calculate damage output. Gyro Ball should do the same damage in Trick Room as it would outside of it.

...Wait, 155!? But that's impossible unless you've EV trained his HP already. The max for a untrained LV 45 Pupitar is 131...unless the stats have changed in the new Generation.

Wait, wait, 122. I mistyped on my phone ><

That's true but coupled with the really lousy 60/50/50 defensives and atrocious 60 base speed, that's kinda hard to pull off without getting killed relatively quick if you don't have King's Shield up. 60 base speed is too slow for regular play and too fast for viable Trick Room set up, so if you're not using Shadow Sneak and don't have that shield up, you're gonna get hit pretty hard probably. At least it has amazing typing, but I think a lot of people keep Aegislash in mind in the meta game and probably are prepared for it, and much more so if it's not keeping up it's defenses.

Another problem is that it doesn't have much pure defensive play to stay in Shield Form. The only thing I could see maybe is using Power Trick while in Blade Form to make a bulky tank with Leftovers on after you get some Sword Dances set up, but still. At that point I'd probably just run Evolite Doublade and wipe what I can before getting knocked out but that's just me.

Regardless of my tone here, I actually really do love Aegislash and he's a beast of a Pokemon, but I just can't wrap my head around him being as god tier as everyone says without the gimmicky King's Shield defensives. I've heard King's Shield/Protect is a jerk though if you don't have things like Taunt/Encore though, since it can just stall you out as you suffer from a status or something.

People tend to run Automize over King's Shield while Aegislash is still in Shield forme, because it doesn't change to attack form until you attack, and Automize doubles its speed to ludicrous heights. If you give it Weakness Policy or Air Balloon, then there really isn't much your opponent can do about it. Evoliote Doublade is good, but it just doesn't have the sheer power Aegislash has, nor does it have the item versatility because its almost required to use one item to be of any use.

The reason Aegislash is so good isn't just because of its power, but its sheer unpredictability. There are about four sets you can run on it, and all of them are viable. 

Made a status about it last night, but randomly got a Phione through Wonder Trade. I was kinda worried it was hacked or something but says it was hatched in game on Route 7 and everything, and nothing is fishy about it, so kinda blew my mind. I've also gotten some other neat things like Cyndaquil, Chimchar, Feebas, and etc. Just can't wait for the Pokebank to be available for everyone to see what else I can get. Honestly wonder if I can complete the Pokedex for once this time thanks to the help of everyone around the world haha.

Also if anyone has gotten lucky enough to get a Porygon, would trade my house for a baby

...I have a Porygon, just received from Wonder Trade.

I'll start the breedin...

Oh yes; finished training my Dragonite a couple of days ago; now starting on Ivysaur. Finding swarms for HP EVs is a bit annoying imo. 

...I have a Porygon, just received from Wonder Trade.

I'll start the breedin...

Oh yes; finished training my Dragonite a couple of days ago; now starting on Ivysaur. Finding swarms for HP EVs is a bit annoying imo. 

This Guide + Sweet Scent = Profit.

Use it well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn, You know I forgotten Hex got a buff this Gen from 50 to 65, and on a status effected opponent the move does 130 damage, I think either 145 or 150 if it's STAB.

Dammit, should've kept it on Mismagius instead of scrapping it for Shadow Ball.

I don't know what to give to Mismagius really. I know Destiny Bond is one of the moves I want on it, but I don't know what else, maybe Mean Look and either Thunderwave, Toxic, or Will-O-Wisp.

Does anyone have a Defiant Piplup?

I wish i had one of those myself.

Shoot all of the Pokebank Starters I have gotten except for Chimchar have their regular Ability.

My first proper Y team is almost complete.  It's surprisingly rewarding being able to properly breed a set of Pokemon to have the correct natures, egg moves (though trying to get the 4/5/6 perfect IVs is tedious) and then EV training them (which takes no time at all now thanks to the combination of Pokerus, Power items and most importantly Horde Battles.  One stat can be completed in 5 battles).  My team upon completion shall be:

Absol (Malevolence)

Item: Absolite 

Ability: Pressure/Magic Bounce

EVs: 252 Atk, 4 SpDef, 252 Spd

Jolly Nature

- Sucker Punch

- Play Rough

- Swords Dance

- Baton Pass

Infernape (Mojo JoJo)

Item: Choice Band

Ability: Iron Fist

EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd

Jolly Nature

- Flare Blitz

- U-Turn

- Close Combat

- Thunderpunch

Greninja (Kage Hiryu)

Item: Life Orb

Ability: Protean

EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd

Timid Nature

- Hydro Pump

- U-Turn

- Ice Beam

- Dark Pulse

Breloom (Funghi Ko)

Item: Life Orb

Ability: Technician

EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd

Jolly Nature

- Power-Up Punch

- Bullet Seed

- Rock Tomb

- Spore

Sableye (Mischief)

Item: Leftovers

Ability: Prankster

EVs: 252 HP, 120 Def, 136 SpDef

Calm Nature

- Will-O-Wisp

- Taunt

- Recover

- Foul Play

Galvantula (Bug Zapper)

Item: Focus Sash

Ability: Compoundeyes

EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd

Modest Nature

- Sticky Web

- Thunder

- Bug Buzz

- Volt Switch

There are some other Pokemon I want to use as well.  I wanted to go for a slightly more unorthodox UU/OU team using Pokes I really like in general.  I'm really not sure how cohesive this team will be, and there's certain Pokes just by the looks of it that will completely wreck this team (Talonflame eats my entire team for breakfast lol).  Hopefully I can start getting into some fun battles soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Should I get this game when I get my 3DS next month? I really like the look of it and have played other Pokemon games in the past (Emerald, Platinum, Heartgold) but I was put off of the series because of Black and White. I really did not like the game and it has ruined my overall feelings of the series. Would I like these games though?

Should I get this game when I get my 3DS next month? I really like the look of it and have played other Pokemon games in the past (Emerald, Platinum, Heartgold) but I was put off of the series because of Black and White. I really did not like the game and it has ruined my overall feelings of the series. Would I like these games though?

Yes you would. Everything is vastly improved in this game. Beautiful 3D graphics, great soundtrack (real instruments make a massive difference),  Kalos is a great region, classic mechanics (breeding and EV training in particular) is far easier to do now, trading and battling other has never been easier, the tutorials are nowhere near as pronounced (by the first hour you'll have a massive variety of Pokemon to choose from).

This game is a must for any 3DS owner. My only problems with this game is that your rival is not smart enough to use 6 Pokemon till after the main story and there are hardly any post-game sidequests. The EXP Share is pretty OP as well so if you want more challenge, don't use it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm still new of this of course, but I'm really proud. Today, my very first completely trained pokemon was finished! Nothing remarkable, but to me, not having played pokemon in such a long time, I feel really accomplished about this~

A Talonflame named after my wife, Jessica.

252 attack, 4 HP, 252 Speed

It has a jolly nature with Gale Wings as it's ability with--

-Fire Blitz

-Brave Bird

- U-Turn

-Roost

Again, I know it's not much, but I'm so proud of it. This is something I've really come to love doing! I'm for sure going to be keeping up with the franchise again from this point on. :)

I'm still new of this of course, but I'm really proud. Today, my very first completely trained pokemon was finished! Nothing remarkable, but to me, not having played pokemon in such a long time, I feel really accomplished about this~

-Fire Blitz

-Brave Bird

- U-Turn

-Roost

Again, I know it's not much, but I'm so proud of it. This is something I've really come to love doing! I'm for sure going to be keeping up with the franchise again from this point on. :)

That's pretty cool. Btw, who were your starters?

I picked Froakie as my starter, who stayed with me until the defeat of the elite four.

With him was the Bulbasaur I got from the professor. By the time I got to the elite four, my team was Greninja, Venusaur, Talonflame, who was the first pokemon I caught, Ampharos, Snorlax and Lucario.  

-Fire Blitz

-Brave Bird

- U-Turn

-Roost

Again, I know it's not much, but I'm so proud of it. This is something I've really come to love doing! I'm for sure going to be keeping up with the franchise again from this point on. smile.png

How about IVs?

I would have gone for Special Defence instead, but that's still really good.

Congrats, I know how much of a pain a fully trained Pokemon can be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks! And yeah, I wanted special defense as well, but I decided to cut my losses and go with what I had after two days haha!