Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Ahh, so not really any large large gameplay differences like B/W tripe or rotation battles .

Hmm this is soo hard! I like the look of both legendarily, but I'm not sure in the megas, some change type and others just get enhanced :/

Ahh, so not really any large large gameplay differences like B/W tripe or rotation battles .

Hmm this is soo hard! I like the look of both legendarily, but I'm not sure in the megas, some change type and others just get enhanced :/

If you get X then I'm willing to trade some Y-exclusive Pokemon with you. That's the version I have.

How long does it take to go from Duke to Archduke in the Battle Chateau? I'm not using the writs as much as I should but I've been playing a fair bit to do loads of battles every day, I've battled all of the Elite 4 and every Gym Leader I think except maybe Valerie (and even then I might have battled her and forgot), do I have to use the writs anyway or will I just get it eventually? And is it even worth it?

If you get X then I'm willing to trade some Y-exclusive Pokemon with you. That's the version I have.

You'd be waiting a while, don't have any money and might get it for Christmas if at all. :P it's one of the many on my 3DS backlog! D:

How long does it take to go from Duke to Archduke in the Battle Chateau? I'm not using the writs as much as I should but I've been playing a fair bit to do loads of battles every day, I've battled all of the Elite 4 and every Gym Leader I think except maybe Valerie (and even then I might have battled her and forgot), do I have to use the writs anyway or will I just get it eventually? And is it even worth it?

Guess you just gotta fight a lot.

Also you go from Duke to Grand Duke, and you receive the title when you enter the Chateau after earning the title, so it won't be like the other ranks where you receive it before leaving.

I actually just got Grand Duke today and it's kinda cool since it lets you write Black Writs of Challenge which up everyone's levels up be 20, making Gym Leaders have lvl 70 pokemon, and E4 members 75..... they still only use 2-3 pokemon.

Though this combined with a Silver and Gold Writ of Invitation makes the place a EXP-Money factory. I was able to level my Salamence from 52 to 72 in no time flat, and that was without using O-Powers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh that's okay then. Maybe if I used the writs I'd be there already but I like challenging the sushi place and Le Wow in Lumiose which is a money drain, and I do all the daily battles as well. This has comprised the majority of my postgame, with an occasional Articuno encounter when I find him near my area. I also bred a few things that you can only get by breeding like Munchlax and Deino (baffling how you can't find Deino in the wild but you can find Hydreigon). I'm glad I have a Talonflame that was on my ingame team for this, as Flame Body makes hatching eggs so much easier!

There's definitely a lack of postgame questing after the Looker chapters unlike in BW2, but there's still plenty to do and daily battles, which is something I really liked in Gen 5.

Actually, come to think of it, I'm really surprised how much from Gen 5 Pokemonwise that IS in this game. I thought there would be barely any Gen 5 Pokemon as they'd overshadow the new guys, but the earlygame has the three monkeys, Venipede, Audino, Scraggy, Axew, Meinfoo (this guy is really fucking early considering he evolves at level 50), Ferroseed AND Ducklett, while just after Gym 2 you can get Golett and Sawk/Throh, and Roggenrolla basically just after that. Victory Road in particular felt very BW2 Victory Road with the Gurrdurr, Zweilous, and Druddigon in many places. I would have used some of the Gen 5 guys if I firstly had room on my team for more than one non-Kalos mon (and I've wanted to use Absol for a long time, only now was he early enough to do so), but I've used a lot of the Gen 5 Pokemon already in playthroughs of those games.

It's better to just get the version that has the mega stones you prefer. It's easy to get other version exclusives (except for the mascots), but you'll have a harder time convincing someone to give up their stone.

If there's one good thing that'll come out of hacking, it's that there'll probably be more mega stones to go around because having only one stone per playthrough is bullshit of the highest degree.

Meinfoo (this guy is really fucking early considering he evolves at level 50)

Which asshole decided that 3/4s of Gen V evos occur at retardedly high levels?  Because it's stupid that I have to get some Pokemon to half of the max just to get them out of sucky baby mode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can someone please help me evolve my Seadra?

Sure thing, broseph.  Lemmie connect to the internet.

WARNING:  CONNECTION MAY BE SHODDY.

Sure thing, broseph.  Lemmie connect to the internet.

WARNING:  CONNECTION MAY BE SHODDY.

Thank you!

This Pokédex is a pain in the ass to complete.

Which asshole decided that 3/4s of Gen V evos occur at retardedly high levels?  Because it's stupid that I have to get some Pokemon to half of the max just to get them out of sucky baby mode.

I can understand it for late game Pokemon, where you don't just evolve straight away, and there were plenty of other Pokemon like this before, like Aggron or Rapidash or Rhydon or any pseudolegendary, but it's silly when they're available really early on. I think they wanted you to have the Magikarp power thing. Then again I've gone out of my way to use Eelektross, twice. He's tough as you've got dead weight until level 39 and then Eelektrik isn't that great either (though you can just learn Thunderbolt then evolve as there's not much you're losing, even Wild Charge is a TM lategame).

I also got the Archduke thing, pretty awesome. I may have to use it properly another time, I'll be training other Pokemon when I get my ingame team to level 100. I'll never use them competitive, but getting to 100 is always nice.

The facial recognition sucks in Pokemon Amie btw. When it comes to the face minigame thing, I just fail it almost every time as it only seems to recognise some of my facial expressions. Dull surprise mouth open Chesnaught is adorable though :P

Edited by Semi-colon e

The Unova Pokemon that do evolve at level 50 and beyond are pretty big game-changers though, so that balances it out in-game. Mienshao has Regenerator on top of high offenses and High Jump Kick, Hydreigon can attack everything under the sun with a coverage move, and Volcarona is Volcarona.

The Unova Pokemon that do evolve at level 50 and beyond are pretty big game-changers though, so that balances it out in-game. Mienshao has Regenerator on top of high offenses and High Jump Kick, Hydreigon can attack everything under the sun with a coverage move, and Volcarona is Volcarona.

Volcarona... had a hard life.

O703mUC.png
  • Thumbs Up 3

Volcarona still made it to OU though, despite being weak to those sneaky pebbles.

That shows how good it actually is. Talonflame seems to be going the same way, as Gale Wings giving priority to Flying moves is all kinds of awesome. Not that you'd need it ingame though, as you outspeed everything anyway but competitively I heard it's damn good.

The only flying move worth using with it is Brave Bird tho....and its attack isn't that good.

Acrobatics and Roost are also viable Flying-types moves. As for it's Attack - yes, it isn't very good. However, Talonflame has access to high base power moves and Swords Dance, and functions as a very efficient late-game cleaner. These factors somewhat mitigate it's sub-par Attack stat.

Edited by Heinous Creature
  • Thumbs Up 1

You want to talk bullshit? Try breeding for a perfect Togepi. I have a 31/31/31/31/31/x one. Hours. Fucking hours.

I don't want to be your friend you little brat I just want you to make babies.

The only flying move worth using with it is Brave Bird tho....and its attack isn't that good.

Flying Gem Acrobatics not worth while? Guess it might need LO or CB to help that relatively low attack tho. Pretty disappointing, it'd be nice for a generic bird of the gen to not have an awful BST.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Smogon's apparently eating Talonflame up, citing it as OU material, which surprises me. o_o Evidently it's one of the big threats to look out for!

Well having some of the strongest priority moves in the game with Gale Wings, as well as being naturally fast as fuck so the enemy can't priority you to death easily, and being able to stop Speed Boost Blazikens and Scolipedes just like that is damn fine. Still, I can tell from my ingame experiences offensive stat wise that Talonflame isn't a nuke like other Pokemon, it's more of a guided missile, able to take out specific types of Pokemon.

Make no mistake, without Gale Wings, it would be trash. Luckily Flame Body is great for breeding, as well as having it and Fly on a Pokemon that isn't that hard to get (and you don't even need to evolve Fletchinder for this).

Edited by Semi-colon e

Yeah, sounds like it's killing the current meta. Priority Brave Bird/Roost is pretty good. I don't expect it to remain like that for long, though. He seems pretty squishy, SR hurts, and Heatran is a really obvious counter.

The Official Pokedex Strategy Guide is now up for Pre-Order on Amazon.

tumblr_mvi5h1A0m41r8sc3ro1_250.jpg

Also it has Post-Game stuff too, which the stupid Guidebook didn't had anything on.