Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

So I'm teambuilding for a tournament this weekend.  I'm looking into a Trevenant wall, with Harvest/Lum Berry.

Both defenses EVed, and a little in HP, then a moveset something like Ingrain, Leech Seed, Confuse Ray, and Wood Hammer/Horn Leech.  Hopefully it won't be absolute shit.

Relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyl5wxoKDqw

Also relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpCgqWiTGpo

Guys, I'm planning to get a Pokemon game for my gf next month. =) She played Pokemon White last. Do you guys think I should I get her Pokemon White 2 or just go right away with Pokemon X/Y? Is she missing a lot if she skips the 5th gen sequel?

Edited by ₪►H3llhog◄₪

Guys, I'm planning to get a Pokemon game for my gf next month. =) She played Pokemon White last. Do you guys think I should I get her Pokemon White 2 or just go right away with Pokemon X/Y? Is she missing a lot if she skips the 5th gen sequel?

other than Corless, a proper conclusion to N and Team Plasma, and the PWT(which should've returned in X/Y)she's not missing out on much by skipping on White 2.

other than Corless, a proper conclusion to N and Team Plasma, and the PWT(which should've returned in X/Y)she's not missing out on much by skipping on White 2.

In other words, no.

While BW2 were definitely different from the usual "third version" trope, it still wasn't really a huge difference from the original games.

I'm starting to see what some folks meant by breaking/OP'ing the game.

So, on Pokémon X, my current team is as follows:

• Chesnaught (Boomer), M, Jolly, Lv. 66 (Wood Hammer, Hammer Arm, Strength, Body Slam)
  • Gardevoir (Morgana), F, Timid, Lv. 66 (Psychic, Magical Leaf, Calm Mind, Moonblast)
  • Charizard (Eliza), F, Adamant, Lv. 66 (Fire Fang, Fly, Slash, Hone Claws)
  • Aurorus (Light), M, Modest, Lv. 66 (Hyper Beam, Ice Beam, Ancientpower, Light Screen)
  • Heliolisk (Rango), M, Modest, Lv. 66 (Thunderbolt, Surf, Grass Knot, Thunder Wave)
  • Gengar (Maple), F, Timid, Lv. 66 (Shadow Ball, Venoshock, Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond)

Whenever I got a new member for my roster, first things I end up doing involve maxing out EVs (though Boomer and Light will need to be revised) through the Super Training, and affection through Pokémon-Amie.

As some of you may know, bringing a Pokémon's affection up to a certain point has interesting effects in battle, most notably boosted EXP. Additionally, I spent the entire game with the EXP. Share on.

I've yet to reach the 8th Gym in Snowbelle City as I only just got to Route 19 (connecting Couriway and Snowbelle), leaving me a good 15+ levels over trainers I end up bumping into.

Yeah, a Challenge Mode certainly would've helped...

Does anyone happen to know a fantastic way of raising up low level Pokemon quickly in this game aside from spam-beating the Elite 4? With the long drawn out intros of each leader each time, little elevator cutscenes, and a lot of blablah talking, it just seems to take way too long for the effort. Just wondering if there's any other area that has a good amount of high level trainers to fight on a regular basis for XP.

I caught Zygarde and traded an Aumora for a Tyrant. All I need to do now is somehow get my hands on a Xerneas and evolve the Tyrunt, and then I've successfully caught all of the new Kalos Pokemon.

I've played through the Elite 4 so many times grinding up Pokemon to them to evolve, so tedious.

Does anyone happen to know a fantastic way of raising up low level Pokemon quickly in this game aside from spam-beating the Elite 4? With the long drawn out intros of each leader each time, little elevator cutscenes, and a lot of blablah talking, it just seems to take way too long for the effort. Just wondering if there's any other area that has a good amount of high level trainers to fight on a regular basis for XP.

Battle Chateau

Once your high enough rank you can send Writs of Invitation/Challenge, which can make some of the trainers have Pokemon leveled anywhere from 35 to 55 including Gym Leaders/E4 members, and certain trainers even use Audinos.

I hear that trainers respawn every 10 or so minutes, but to me it's too short a wait to just leave and come back whenever I remember, and it's too long to sit around twiddle my thumbs waiting.

Restaurants also always use decently leveled Pokemon to where using exp share + exp o-power can take a level 1 Pokemon to lvl 30 by the end of the 5 or so battles. However it costs a king's ransom to dine at the 3 star restaurant so make sure to have an amulet coin on you to break even.

What I'd like to know though is if there are any decent places to grind for levels on high leveled pokemon. The Chateau only has so many trainers at a time so you'd only level up about 2-3 times after clearing out the place, and restaurants get tedious from having to  fight the same teams multiple times, plus you're forced to give exp to at least 2 other Pokemon since you can only do Triple or Rotation battles.

• Thumbs Up 3

Anyone have ditto in their Friend Safari?  I want to start IV breeding.

EDIT: On that note- Vivillons.  This forum's pretty international, so if you want to start trading patterns, I'm game; I have a High Plains.

Edited by Stingray 64

For starters, activate the exp O-Power and battle your rival daily. Low level Pokémon are guaranteed to level up at least 10 times.

Doing the exact same process, battle Emma daily during the morning or evening.

Go to Restaurant "Le Wow", activate the exp O-Power and go for the rotation battles. Don't forget to put the low level Pokémon in the 2nd or 3rd spot of the team. I went from a level 30 Gabite to a level 49 Garchomp there.

After doing the daily battles and if you are poor or just want to level up 2 or 5 times you can always get a friend that has a Chansey/Audino safari. I spend most of my time in those.

Never, but NEVER forget to give your Pokémon a Lucky Egg and always use the exp O-Power.

Edited by Tmsp

Well hey- *sees avatar at the top of the page*

Oh fuck. *runs*

...Aaaanyway, been continuing the mass breeding of my Charmanders. Still no shinies and I've got a box full of them, which probably isn't much to you guys... but for me it is. ._. Did get a Charmander with 6 in all of his base stats upon hatching though, which seems to be the highest it'll go... neato.

So, anyone here could lend me Xerneas just to have it registered on the Pokédex? I can lend you my Yveltal or any Y (or even X) exclusive.

Edit: Nevermind, I traded one of my Shiny Skrelp for one.

Edited by Tmsp

Beauty.png

Well, at least I know why the Beauty Class were somewhat rare in this game.........

That Ass.......cool.png 

Oh and in addition to the 3 Star restaurant and the Battle Chateau, don't forget about the Sushi Highroller Restaurant located across from Lookers place, through you need your Style to be high enough to get in in addition to being the Champion. One of the Furisode Girls inside even have a Shiny Hippowdon, which caught me by surprise.

Course it cost A LOT of Money just to get in their, but they do reward you with several Big Nuggets, also come equipped with the Amulet Coin and the Money O-Power.

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 2

>3DS is unhackable

Pokemon fans always manage to give the middle finger to anti-hack systems. Always

Now the most interesting question is where will they crack the models so we can find out how the event legendaries look like and if there are any more mega evolutions hidden:).

Hopefully the event Pokemon aren't in the game and will be put in during the events. I'd rather be surprised to be honest.

Anyway, after the league you're supposed to be able to battle your rival in Kiloude City, but I can't find Serena anywhere. Do I have to do something before?