Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Yeah, that's not actually a thing. They need to have cleared the Elite Four for the Hidden Abilities to show up, that's all.

SEREBIIIIIIIIIIIIII! /shakes fist in fury

lol, doing my Pokemon Y Playthrough, I was considering having Spritzee on my Y Teams rooster cause it makes a decent Wall to take hits i it's evo....

But then I remembered how....Off Putting Aromatisse looks, same with the Cotton Candy pokemon's evo...I just can't have that thing on my team, so I'm going for Mawhile. Thing is Mawhiles are pretty rare to show up in Glittering Cave (even through I ran into several Kangaskhan despite the book saying their rare).

Anyone here got a Mawile in their Friend Safari? Or have a spare Mawile on hands with a Careful Nature? (Level gained on Speed, sacrifice Special Attack) Doesn't need a hidden ability or anything cause I'll be ultilizing it's Mega's Huge Power Ability.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Level 91 Zigzagoons are quite useful if they have Pickup.  30% chance of finding a revive, 10% chance for sun stones, moon stones, rare candies or max revives, etc.  Plus a small chance of getting a Leftovers.  Unless, of course, the chart's been redone for X & Y.

Got a white Flabebe - in the blue flowers - now I just need an orange I guess.  Whathisname has one, but I haven't seen one to catch yet.

Yeah, that's not actually a thing. They need to have cleared the Elite Four for the Hidden Abilities to show up, that's all.

SSSEEEEREEEBIIII

Orange Flabebe's show up more common in the Red or Yellow Flowers.

Speaking of Flowers, anyone else aside from me, glad they made certain Pokemon easier to find by what grass patches your in? like on Route 10 for example, Eevee's are normally rare in the grass, but in the Flowers their freaking common as shit.

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 1

Quick question about the roaming Legendary Birds!

I just want to make sure of something, but to those who try to get the right nature, is a Bird's nature fixed from the moment you first meet it? Or is it something else every time you reset your game in the Sea Spirit's Den?

I could've sworn I saw someone over at SomethingAwful say you can save right in front of the bird in SSD and reset for different natures but by all means look into it more because that's the only person I've seen mention that.

Whoa, so I caught Mewtwo and then the first thing that happens when I stepped on a patch of grass is that wild Moltres just appears, stares me down for like 5 seconds and then just flees before I can do anything... Was that supposed to happen?

Whoa, so I caught Mewtwo and then the first thing that happens when I stepped on a patch of grass is that wild Moltres just appears, stares me down for like 5 seconds and then just flees before I can do anything... Was that supposed to happen?

Yeah. What you're supposed to do now is track it's location by looking it up in the Pokedex, encounter it when you and Moltres are on the same route (repels help with this), and once you've repeated the process an unhealthy amount of times, you find it in the "Sea Spirit's Den" north of Coumarine. 

Some attacks sound so gloriously retro, I've noticed Hyper Beam and Psychic use updated versions of their Gen 1 SFX, there might be others but I haven't seen them yet.

Thought it was a nice touch <3

I decided to listen to the Gen 1 legend theme, and it has the original retro sounds for the wild theme from RBY as well. I only knew about it by listening to it though, as I got Mewtwo in a single Quick Ball e_e

Anyone here got a Mawile in their Friend Safari? Or have a spare Mawile on hands with a Careful Nature? (Level gained on Speed, sacrifice Special Attack) Doesn't need a hidden ability or anything cause I'll be ultilizing it's Mega's Huge Power Ability.

Adamis has Mawile in his safari. I'd offer you one of the Mawile I caught from there, but sadly none of them have a Careful nature.

Speaking of safaris; could someone tell me what Pokemon mine has?

Edited by Pawnkin

Finally beat the Champion.

Now I'm going to undergo the painstaking process of trying to breed a Shiny, Hasty-natured Protean Froakie.

Doesn't the Ability Capsule let you get a Pokemon's special ability on the fly?

It only switches between regular abilities as far as I'm aware. Ergo, Froakie would have no use for it since it only has one regular ability. 

So after almost a week of EV training a lot of Pokemon I missed catching, I finally got around to doing that Looker side-quest last night.

HOLY CRAP, WHY COULDN'T THIS BE A PART OF THE MAIN STORY?

*A-hem* What I mean is, I thought it was significantly better than the main story. Reasons because:

1. Emma was a way more likeable sidekick to Looker than any of your friends, and because of that, I really felt like kicking some major Xerosic ass when he made her a pawn for his scheme with the Compousit Suit. Can't really say the same if it was someone like Tierno or Shauna. And speaking of Xerosic.....

2. Xerosic gets a bit more characterization and redemption at the end. When I first saw Xerosic, I thought he was going to be the Gen 6 equivalent of Charon. I was half-right. He's very smug about his brilliance and he's pretty devious in the main story. While he doesn't have much build-up or depth as a villain there, this story more than makes up for that. Even though his scheme with using Emma to steal Pokémon was bad, he never wanted to put her in any danger and pin the blame on her when his plan gets foiled. In fact, he fully admits this was all his doing and acknowledges Emma's determination to help those she cares about. A completely different beast than Charon.  

3. It's pretty much heavily implied that Malva used to work for Team Flare, or unless stated outright and I overlooked it. The Elite Four weren't that challenging or interesting to begin with, but Malva becomes an exception after this. She tips you off about what Xerosic is doing and gets you into the Hidden Floor knowing full well you'll beat him. It kind of raises some questions as to whether or not if she's really good, or that's what I personally got from her dialogue/personality and might be overthinking it. While I don't expect any more details about her history with Team Flare anytime soon, it's definitely something to think about. 

4. Looker. Damn he was awesome in this. Whether it was his kind invitation to let Emma stay with him or shielding Mimi from Essientia's attack, he had a couple badass moments compared to the last games he was in. It's already been mentioned that he once had a Pokémon of his own but ended in tragedy, which, while nothing new as a character's backstory, was a nice addition to Looker's. That, and coupled when the time came that he had to reveal who he really was to Emma and leave with Xerosic, it kind of makes his job all the more bittersweet.

Given how Emma and Mimi's story ends and the shoes they have to fill, if we don't get a expanded Z version but instead an X2 or Y2, I sincerely hope we'll see them again when Emma has grown up a bit and maybe even becomes Champion kind of like how Iris was. She started out with a modest role in her debut game, but ascends to a greater one in the next game.

• Thumbs Up 2

*Goes to catch Zygarde*

*Tries to use Earthquake on Talonflame...three times*

*Never tries to use Earthquake on Blaziken, instead preferring to spam Crunch and Camouflage*

Hope you like hanging out in a Heal Ball, dummy. 

Edit: Although Dummy is a filtered word so you're lucky I can't call you that. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

All this talk about 'Protean' stuff and I'm sat here clueless. XD

Anyway, got more 14 Charmanders in my quest for a shiny one... including one with 6 in all of it's base stats, which seems to be the highest it can go upon hatching.

Also broken the 40 hour mark.

Edited by Tracker

What clothes do I have to wear to get to the boss in the Lost Hotel?

And are Zygard and Mewtwo the only non-travelling legendaries? I looked in Chamber of Emptiness as Sea Den, but there was nothing there.. They feel pointless, but I assume there's supposed to be something more than items there. Are those event-areas that'll come soon?

You don't need different clothes. You just need to learn all the Roller skate tricks from different skaters across Lumoise City.

Edited by Undead DarkLight

Huh, I didn't know there were roller skate tricks.

Oh, and is it me or does Barbaracle look like a Megaman X boss? laugh.png

Edited by MarcelloF

Doesn't the Ability Capsule let you get a Pokemon's special ability on the fly?

As someone else has said, the Ability Capsule cannot grant a Pokemon it's hidden ability, unfortunately.

Edited by Heinous Creature

What clothes do I have to wear to get to the boss in the Lost Hotel?

And are Zygard and Mewtwo the only non-travelling legendaries? I looked in Chamber of Emptiness as Sea Den, but there was nothing there.. They feel pointless, but I assume there's supposed to be something more than items there. Are those event-areas that'll come soon?

Sea Spirit Den is where the roaming bird goes if you run into it enough times.

Another day, another shiny.

Well, today I woke up and decided to finally complete the Central Kalos pokedex. Like usual, I was level grinding at one of my friend's safari that has Chanseys in it and came across this:

BBh2Q3x.jpg

Looks cool I guess, too bad it's a male.

Some hours after completing the Central dex, I decided to work on the Mountain dex. I noticed that I was missing a Purrloin, so I took my Liepard of the PC and put it on the day-care with a Ditto so I could get an egg.

When Purrloim hatched something about it seemed off for me, but I ignored it and went to the PC to deposit it. Right after that, I noticed a red star on it's status.

Well, it was shiny:

6bWHLzI.jpg?1

And that's it for today.

Now I have 9 shinies, 8 of those where found on Y.

Also, today I did that Looker side-story thing and I actually really liked it. Emma was cool.

They should totally do more of those in future titles.

• Thumbs Up 2

Beat the Champion last night. Was the most satisfying end to a main story I experienced. Hell, it even topped White's ending, followed by White 2's.