Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

So I'm pretty bored with this game already. X/Y was an absolute blast to play during the main story, every little detail wow'd me and it felt like there were loads of cool stuff and improvements from past gens. Unfortunately there's jack shit to do after the Elite Four. And I thought BW1 had a shitty post-game - this is by far the worst in the series. Ugh.

I went out and bought Dream Team today since it was on sale at Best Buy. Think I'll just move onto that game eventually since I'm struggling to find things to do in Pokemon. What a disappointment.

• Thumbs Up 6

You could try catching them allllllll.

But yeah I agree, it seems they're just getting lazier and lazier with post games these days, I'd even go as far to say its worse than Gen 1 because you at least had Mewtwo and the birds. All you get is a worm thing with a weird name.

I think my favourite post game has to be Fire Red/Leaf Green, I don't really know why I like it so much though.

I even caught Mewtwo with my third or fourth Premier Ball. I haven't found the other two legendaries yet but I almost don't want to bother.

Other two? I only recall there being Zygarde, Mewtwo and the version legendary. I caught Zygarde with a Premire Ball on my first try, it wasn't even a critical capture.

I still need an Xerneas, but I have nothing to give besides Yvetal (which I dont wanna give away) and a Shiny Mime Jr no one wants cause it has a shit nature.

If I recall, all three Kanto Birds start roaming about in the post-game, and if you encounter one of them enough times, it'll move to a specific location where you can battle it without having to worry about it running away.

Maybe it's just because I play competitive, but I've already logged 171 hours into this game, and still haven't even started the Looker sidequests or caught Zygarde yet.

Post-game shmost-game I'll be playing this for a while. I think it's finally safe to buy Ace Attorney now though. I'm not quite as addicted right now thanks to battle simulators catching up pretty well.

Post game in X/Y is virtually non-existent, and with the confirmation of no planned DLC I'd say apart from events this is what we're stuck with. It's really shitty all things considered, and even though the main story felt much longer, it doesn't excuse giving the players almost nothing to do after apart from catching all the Pokemans. 

Looker is without a doubt the best thing you can do once it's over, but where's my multiple side stories? Extra towns? I understand we're meant to take advantage of the online features and battling facilities, but I can only battle so much until it gets dull. Plus, what do I do when I take my game out and about and there isn't online available? Ugh.

Maybe it's just because I play competitive, but I've already logged 171 hours into this game, and still haven't even started the Looker sidequests or caught Zygarde yet.

When I kept seeing people complain about nothing to do post game I felt like it wouldn't be an issue because I was planning to make a competitive team.

Too bad two of the pokemon I wanted are unavailable as are a plethora of moves because haha move tutors are only for the third game! There's no fucking point in even bothering when I'd have to redo the whole team once Pokemon Bank launches. If they'd coordinated that better I'd be having a grand old time with X still, but they went and screwed that up. 

Post game hasn't been this bad since Ruby and Sapphire.

• Thumbs Up 3

When I kept seeing people complain about nothing to do post game I felt like it wouldn't be an issue because I was planning to make a competitive team.

Too bad two of the pokemon I wanted are unavailable as are a plethora of moves because haha move tutors are only for the third game! There's no fucking point in even bothering when I'd have to redo the whole team once Pokemon Bank launches. If they'd coordinated that better I'd be having a grand old time with X still, but they went and screwed that up. 

Post game hasn't been this bad since Ruby and Sapphire.

I will admit that this sucks, yeah. Move tutors are stupid and I don't particularly look forward to starting over completely, but oh well.

I thought about making a competitive team but I don't even have a Ditto safari so that is literally not an option.

And of course there are a few Pokemon that are only available in past games, I wanted to train another Porygon-Z.

I even caught Mewtwo with my third or fourth Premier Ball. I haven't found the other two legendaries yet but I almost don't want to bother.

135 dive balls for me

I thought about making a competitive team but I don't even have a Ditto safari so that is literally not an option.

And of course there are a few Pokemon that are only available in past games, I wanted to train another Porygon-Z.

Well you could always catch ditto in Pokemon Village.

He means that he wants some Friend Safari dittos. Someone here HAS to have one, right? I got a few from my brother's, but my friend safari is Ghost itself.

I honestly dunno what you guys are talking about.  I haven't stopped loving this game since I bought it.

I've been getting my rocks off to it pretty much nonstop.  I love building teams, raising Pokemon, and experimenting with new builds.  The real fun of Pokemon, for me, is raising a Pokemon just the way you want, then watching your hours of work pay off as your Protean Greninja fucking sweeps everything.

<333

Oh, and I saw Shiny Greninja on Google Images today.

Must.  Have.

-nonstopbreeding-

Edited by Gyorg Lopez

I just swept my friend with a Salamence I fully evolved just before battling him. It felt good.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

He means that he wants some Friend Safari dittos. Someone here HAS to have one, right? I got a few from my brother's, but my friend safari is Ghost itself.

DanteMustDie's Safari has them. If he can't add people anymore you could just request stuff from me, I don't really mind sharing since I can always catch more anyway.

Edited by Discoid

I honestly think the only good postgames have been gen 2's and Platinum. Other than that, it's either battle towers or... Nonexistent (looking at you BW).

I honestly think the only good postgames have been gen 2's and Platinum. Other than that, it's either battle towers or... Nonexistent (looking at you BW).

Emerald had a Battle Frontier. The first one actually.

Count me for the Ditto Safari bucket too, I've been needing them like crazy and would way rather have a fellow SSMB member friend than fighting for some person on Reddit if at all possible, D:.

Also have the same slight issue of wanting to raise a team of my favorites, but as competitive as they can be, since it seems that the Porygon and Treecko lines aren't available yet, which is a huge shame blah. At the very least should've made it so you can get Porygon through the Lotto game, since I always associate the Pokemon with gambling lmao.

What about BW2? Pokemon World Tournament was amazing.

So I'm pretty bored with this game already. X/Y was an absolute blast to play during the main story, every little detail wow'd me and it felt like there were loads of cool stuff and improvements from past gens. Unfortunately there's jack shit to do after the Elite Four. And I thought BW1 had a shitty post-game - this is by far the worst in the series. Ugh.

I went out and bought Dream Team today since it was on sale at Best Buy. Think I'll just move onto that game eventually since I'm struggling to find things to do in Pokemon. What a disappointment.

Very very true...I still haven't finished off Dream Team myself, so I'll just go back to that.

BW2 had a MASSIVE postgame, it had you going to where BW1 completely started, which was sort of nostalgic for a 2 year old game and the moment where you went into the original PC's house was kind of sad. There were a fair few areas you couldn't get to before as well.

XY just stops very abruptly though, in a really jarring way. What I'm doing is just raising extra Pokemon for shits and giggles. You do have the daily rival battle, the battle chateau, the battle facilities (which I cba to do anyway), the daily inverse battles and the restaurants to do, but there's not a great deal.

I too, am tired of them just taking out features deliberately in the first games. Pokemon like Chesnaught and Pangoro would have loved BW2's Drain Punch move tutor. It's almost a good thing Eelektross isn't in this game, as he would be crippled by the lack of move tutors.

It's tempting to play through again, but I've got too many Pokemon and such in the game now, so I'll probably never restart it, much like I did with Platinum. Sigh. Give us two save files you bastards!

Edited by Semi-colon e