Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

qjqCuNO.jpg

I DEMAND YOUR FRIEND CODE IF I HADN'T GOT IT ALREADY

3196-4054-9565

Now go catch those Breeding Machines.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol, when I start my Pokemon Y playthrough, definately getting a Hawlucha and naming it Tizoc, after this Badass from Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

tizok-garou-intro.gif

Funny enough, Tizoc's one special, Big Fall Griffon, resembles what Hawlucha is doing in that comic.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Since the Friend Safari is pretty neat, here's my friend code (For my 3DS XL, running Pokemon X):

5370-0459-5504

I already know that my safari is Ground Type with Marowak, Phanpy, and Diggersby in it.

I've also got Pokemon Y running on my old Launch-day 3DS, but I'm only using it to do trading and "stat-check battles" with my main X version. If for SOME reason any of you would want a Friend safari containing Kakuna, Muk, and Garbodor, you can ask me for my Y Version Friend Code.

I'll also start adding some of you guys onto my Friends List. I've already added Dantemustdie00 and Vizard, and I'll try going through and adding various others throughout this thread. biggrin.png

Also, I'll sum up what I've done today in X:

1. Power-leveled some recently bred Pokemon (all 3 of which have good stats, proper ev-training, and decent movesets.)

2. Unlocked the Super Rotation Battle mode in the Battle Maison (I wanna get as many items from the Maison before doing Battle Spot matches.)

3. Caught this:

HHNvwyU.jpg

It's a Modest Swift Swim Shiny Horsea with perfect Special Attack. It's the only shiny I've gotten from Chain Fishing so far.

So wait, do like all Pokemon found in the safari have perfect IVs or something? I don't really understand the whole feature of it honestly, like can /any/ Pokemon show up depending on the friend code as long as it's a certain type? I better have some sort of doggy/foxy pokemon or bust, D:

So wait, do like all Pokemon found in the safari have perfect IVs or something? I don't really understand the whole feature of it honestly, like can /any/ Pokemon show up depending on the friend code as long as it's a certain type? I better have some sort of doggy/foxy pokemon or bust, D:

As Sean said, all Pokemon found in the Friend Safari are guaranteed to have at least 2 perfect IVs. Whether or not they'll have more than 2 perfects is all up to luck.

Each 3DS Friend Code has a type and 3 specific Pokemon of that type assigned to it. The Type and Pokemon of each person's Safari CANNOT be changed.

Also, here's a list of the Pokemon that can be found in the Friend Safari:

http://www.serebii.net/xy/friendsafari.shtml

• Thumbs Up 1

My code : 2079-6305-5629

For those who didn't add me yet, please send me a message with your code :)

My Safari parc is Fairy type and there are Mawile in it. I don't know what the other 2 are.

I can't wrap my head around friend safari because I still don't understand a fucking thing about IVs

Please someone explain them to me like I am the biggest idiot you have ever met

Someone's gonna beat me to it and also explain it 10x better, but IV's are Initial Values for your stats, meaning the randomized stats that happen when a Pokemon pops out of an egg. Perfect IVs of two stats would mean that 2 random stats of Attack/Def/Speed/etc would be at the max they could be for an IV stat (I forgot what that is).

Anyways, it's just giving yourself a slight edge since even though someone could EV train their Pokemon in whatever stats, a Pokemon with higher initial ones would always be higher (assuming it's the same Pokemon and nature and bloops).

...Hopefully that's correct or I may have just confused you (and myself) more lmao

EDIT: Individual Values, my bad

• Thumbs Up 1

Each individual Pokemon has a randomized value for each stat between 0 and 31 inclusive. IVs are the reason why each Pokemon has different stats even if they are of the same species. They're like genes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright that makes sense, so my next question is... should I care???

I've never gotten into competitive pokemon before and all this hunting for specific IVs sounds tedious and boring and not worth my time so is it going to like, kill me to just EV train good-natured pokemon instead of worrying about IVs too? 

I have a Togepi with 31 HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense. Don't know its speed though.

God bless Safari Dittos.

Also, just to clarify, IV's are set once you encounter a wild Pokemon (or receive the Pokemon and/or its egg.) Once they're set, they CANNOT be changed by any means.

Generally, having as many 31's as possible is best. The only general exception is if you want something to have the lowest possible speed it can get (whether it's for Trick Room, or if you want to abuse Aegislash's ability to the max.) In that case, you'd WANT it to have a 0 Speed IV.

In all honesty, Natures, Abilities, and EV Training are still a LOT more important than the IV's, but it's still always a nice thing to have a stat at 256 instead of 221 (just as an example.)

Also, so far, I've added Dantemustdie00, VizardJeffhog, Wario, Adamis Fox, Tmsp, and Rusty Fox to my friends list. I'll be adding more as I see them.

Again, my friend code is 5370-0459-5504. I have a Ground Type Safari containing Marowak, Phanpy, and Diggersby.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can probably get by pretty well if you don't pay any mind to them. The vitality of IVs are mainly reserved for the most hardcore of the competitive scene, since not everyone has the patience to get the best ones.

Cool, it's good to know because I really can't care enough to hunt down the exact perfect pokemon and didn't want that to mean my pokemon would automatically be shit (which is the assumption I was under)

For curiosity's sake, is there a way to easily know what IVs something has anyway?

Cool, it's good to know because I really can't care enough to hunt down the exact perfect pokemon and didn't want that to mean my pokemon would automatically be shit (which is the assumption I was under)

For curiosity's sake, is there a way to easily know what IVs something has anyway?

There are calculators online, and there's a dude in the post-game town's Poke Center that vaguely hints at it.

• Thumbs Up 1

And I've still not captured one shiny since entering this franchise...amazing luck I have.

Anyway. I was planning to hatch a new Amaura but I don't know what stats I should EV train for it. Can you guys lend me some ideas? A recommended nature will be nice as well.

Red Gyarados?

I haven't had much luck before with shines either

other than Red Gyarados I caught in previous gens a shiny wurmple and I hatched a shiny pichu

Maybe we oughta compile everything into an SSMB Friend Safari guide or something?

also holy shit perfect squares thE SHINYS I CAN GET SHINYS!?

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a good point, can the Friend Safari be used like a normal patch of grass when it comes to the Pokeradar technique?

Oh wow, I found Spinda in Route erm 21 I think? The one after Snowbelle where you can get wild Scyther. Is he in the mountain dex as I've never seen him until now and OH GOD HE'S DRUNK AS SHIT.

That's a good point, can the Friend Safari be used like a normal patch of grass when it comes to the Pokeradar technique?

I remember going into the friend safari and trying that, only to be mentally screamed at by my mother. I might be wrong though. 

• Thumbs Up 2