Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Man...my current Greninja is at Level 72. Now since I have this new Froakie with the Protean ability, I have to evolve him to Frogadier before I can hatch some more to get my prefered nature.

Long. I also have to do the same with Torchic. Well, I'm not finishing this game anytime soon I guess but there's no rush.

Edited by KrazyBean

I only have one badge to go, I've beaten Lysandre and now on my way to catch Yveltal. Hell yah. Man the story in this game is pretty dark, with the

Floette being killed, then revived and

then finding out she was revived using other Pokemon's souls.

It's a shame this isn't explored further as the story is intriguing but never reaches the full potential of say, B&W. Makes Team Flare as a whole quite boring too.

However, this doesn't mean the whole game isn't great. I love Pokemon Y and think it's the best in the series since B&W! The music is fantastic (loving that fashion shop tune!), I really like the new 3D graphics and it's so full of charm it's easy to look over its minor flaws. I also like the majority of the new Kalos Pokemon, the HUGE variety of other Gen Pokemon and of course Pokemon Amie. Argh, I love Pokemon Amie. <3 It's super cute, especially with the Froakie line (they always have this peaceful look on their face), Pikachu and Flabébé line. I haven't really tried much of Super Training but it's nice. I'll get to that once I finish the whole game though~

Oh and can I just say that that Goodra is the most adorable dragon since Dragonite? And so slimy! X3

Chesnaught's gonna be the least useful of the starters isn't he? sad.png

The Grass starter is always the worst apart from Contrary Serperior and Venusaur as a whole.

Too bad Contrary is still unreleased.

But yea, Greninja for best starter. Accept it fools.

Goodra's X Pokedex entry says outright that it's really friendly and loves to give it's adored trainer big hugs.

It's pretty adorable, but the lack of dual type is disappointing and I'm surprised they didn't show off Fairy with a pseudolegendary of that type.

Fairly soon I'm tempted to restart and play through this game another two or three times so I can use the other starters and other Pokemon I didn't have room for before (Pangoro, Florges, Goodra, Tyrantrum, Hawlucha, Vivillon, Mewostick, Pyroar...).

My final team is the same as all game. Chesnaught, Talonflame, Aegislash, Absol, Aurorus, Clawitzer.

I wanted to use Absol as far back as Gen 4, but this is the only game where it's early enough to use, it's really too bad the Mega Stone is postgame for it, and that Mega form doesn't increase it's paper defenses at all.

Weirdly though, there wasn't a MVP, everything had it's uses, and none of my Pokemon were ever dead weight except against certain trainers or types, like most Pokemon ever.

Edited by Semi-colon e

If only Rain wasn't nerfed, then Goodra would have been pretty good.

Oh right, I have a team too:

Jiraiya(Greninja) Lv. 49: Surf/Night Slash/Water Shuriken/Extrasensory

Angel(Gardevoir) Lv. 45: Psychic/Dazzling Gleam/Thunderbolt/Calm Mind

Shana(Talonflame) Lv. 46: Flare Blitz/Acrobatics/Roost/Fly

Zack(Venasaur) Lv. 47: Petal Dance/Venoshock/Sleep Powder/Synthesis

Zantetsu(Aegislash) Lv. 48: Shadow Sneak/Iron Head/Sacred Sword/ King's Shield'

Blaziken Lv. 51: Blaze Kick/ Brave Bird/ Bulk-up/ Power-Up Punch.

I EV trained a modest Gengar last night, coupled with the mega stone it feels like an unstoppable force on my team. However I'm holding it back a little; although it's really tempting to give it Destiny Bond, I've decided to stick with a combination of Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Dark Pulse, and Thunderbolt for now. I'm also currently using Wolfy's strategy and moveset for Aegislash and it's pretty overpowered. I might have to use a PP Max on King's Shield since I'm using it every other turn.

Alongside those two, I've settled on having my final team consist of Delphox, Pangoro, Sylveon, and Roserade. Lapras is my HM slave, and I use Talonflame for Fly.

One thing I do love about this game is the sheer variety of Pokemon on offer, from every generation. I've actually been running with something that feels like a mix of all the Pokemon I've had in my parties from previous generations.

I've got - 

SlipFlip (Greninja) Lv. 59 (Power-up Punch/Smokescreen/Surf/Water Shuriken)

Coddle (Butterfree) Lv . 51 (Bug Buzz/Quiver Dance/Sleep Powder/Psybeam)

Palant (Venusaur) Lv. 60 (Strength/Growth/Petal Blizzard/Solar Beam)

Blaziken Lv. 65 (Sky Uppercut/Blaze Kick/Bulk Up/Flame Charge)

Razor (Pidgeot) Lv. 53 (Fly/Feather Dance/Wing Attack/Quick Attack)

Lucario Lv.55 (Close Combat/Swords Dance/Aura Sphere/Bone Rush)

I have noticed a slight hole in my team, and it's the fact that a flying type can do pretty heavy damage on the majority of my party.

Edited by MadDocAzure

One thing I do love about this game is the sheer variety of Pokemon on offer, from every generation. I've actually been running with something that feels like a mix of all the Pokemon I've had in my parties from previous generations.

Yeah, I really fucking hated how BW1 forced you to use only the new Pokemon, without really taking into account how many of them would be to the player's liking (I hated most of them). I think X/Y by far has the best selection - not only for giving us plenty of options, but also for having more than one regional dex, which was a pretty genius decision.

• Thumbs Up 2

I EV trained a modest Gengar last night, coupled with the mega stone it feels like an unstoppable force on my team. However I'm holding it back a little; although it's really tempting to give it Destiny Bond, I've decided to stick with a combination of Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Dark Pulse, and Thunderbolt for now. I'm also currently using Wolfy's strategy and moveset for Aegislash and it's pretty overpowered. I might have to use a PP Max on King's Shield since I'm using it every other turn.

Alongside those two, I've settled on having my final team consist of Delphox, Pangoro, Sylveon, and Roserade. Lapras is my HM slave, and I use Talonflame for Fly.

Dark Pulse is kind of a redundant move to have on Gengar, since Shadow Ball covers most of the same types, and the STAB maks it stronger. Try getting either Giga Drain or Focus Blast to get better type coverage (or whatever special Fighting type move Gengar can learn).

• Thumbs Up 1

So since I got bored of postgame, I decided to start again a few days ago. Decided to be a genwunner and go with all three Kanto starters. Currently at the fourth gym with a team of:

• Blastoise, Lv. 50
  • Gardevoir, Lv. 51
  • Lucario, Lv 53
  • Venusaur, Lv 50
  • Charizard, Lv. 51
  • Pupitar, Lv. 49

This team covers a lot of bases which I'm pleased about. Lucario is my own, as always - never raise HER Lucario *shudder*. Even though there's gonna be a dozen Lucarios now he's an invaluable assistant on a team. And I'm pretty sure Gardevoir is going to be OU after her Fairy retyping and the possibility of Mega Evolution, mine just tears up anything in its way.

Edited by Spooky Symbotic

I do give BW1 tho for having a greater variety of new Pokemon tho.

wat

Also greater variety doesn't matter when 80% of them are complete ass or blatant expies of older Pokemon.

Edited by Master of Disguise Wario

Dark Pulse is kind of a redundant move to have on Gengar, since Shadow Ball covers most of the same types, and the STAB maks it stronger. Try getting either Giga Drain or Focus Blast to get better type coverage (or whatever special Fighting type move Gengar can learn).

Thanks for the tip. Giga Drain might help me a lot more since Mega Gengar loses his Levitate ability. Is there a move tutor somewhere in the game that can teach this?

Good news everyone!

Blissey doesn't become Fairy at all! The metagame can sleep safely knowing their Dragonites and Salamences can beat up Blissey with no fear.

Serebii confirmed.

Edited by Cthulhu

wat

Also greater variety doesn't matter when 80% of them are complete ass or blatant expies of older Pokemon.

*credit

And BW1 gave us Darmanitan, destroyer of dreams. The starters sucked sadly, which is just odd.

Doing this for almost an hour, fucking nothing until "reeled to slow!".

Yeah, nah, man. Fuck this.

I've since caught 2 shiny Goldeen. This shit's legit

If only Rain wasn't nerfed, then Goodra would have been pretty good.

Oh right, I have a team too:

Jiraiya(Greninja) Lv. 49: Surf/Night Slash/Water Shuriken/Extrasensory

Angel(Gardevoir) Lv. 45: Psychic/Dazzling Gleam/Thunderbolt/Calm Mind

Shana(Talonflame) Lv. 46: Flare Blitz/Acrobatics/Roost/Fly

Zack(Venasaur) Lv. 47: Petal Dance/Venoshock/Sleep Powder/Synthesis

Zantetsu(Aegislash) Lv. 48: Shadow Sneak/Iron Head/Sacred Sword/ King's Shield'

Blaziken Lv. 51: Blaze Kick/ Brave Bird/ Bulk-up/ Power-Up Punch.

Give Greninja Acrobatics or Aerial Ace if possible. Flying type moves protect it from 3 out of 5 weaknesses it has (Grass, Fighting & Bug). Yes you have a flying type Pokemon but some more coverage wouldn't hurt. Awesome nickname you've given it as well smile.png

Another tip I can give for Venusaur is that when you get Sludge Bomb or Sludge Wave you can use one of those to replace Venoshock OR you can replace Sleep Powder with Toxic and this will allow Venoshock to have double power (65 normal, 130 when used on a poisoned enemy + STAB), probably making it the strongest Poison type move. 

You can give Blaziken Shadow Claw as well for even more coverage and when it reaches Level 69 I think, it learns Sky Uppercut.

Then again this is what I would've done. You don't have to use my tips at all if you don't want to. Just enjoy the game. On a side note, I never knew that Gardevoir can learn Thunderbolt. Well, goodbye Dedenne you're getting swapped.

My final team will now be:

• Blaziken (Brave Bird/Blaze Kick/Sky Uppercut/Shadow Claw)
  • Greninja (Acrobatics/Extrasensory/Dark Pulse/Surf) - I'll just give it Night Slash if I can't find Dark Pulse
  • Venusaur (Energy Ball/Synthesis/Venoshock/Toxic) - I might replace Venoshock with Earthquake when I get it
  • Aurorus (Freeze-Dry/Ice Hyper Beam/Ancient Power/Calm Mind)
  • I'll put your Gardevoir and its moveset here because it's very good
  • Noivern (Dragon Pulse/Boomburst/Focus Blast/Air Slash)

I'll try and do all of this before even facing the Elite 4. I probably will be too OP but meh.

Edited by KrazyBean

Give Greninja Acrobatics or Aerial Ace if possible. Flying type moves protect it from 3 out of 5 weaknesses it has (Grass, Fighting & Bug). Yes you have a flying type Pokemon but some more coverage wouldn't hurt.

Also, awesome nickname you've given it smile.png

Yea, but Extrasensory comes off its far better special attack, and still hits Fighting types. And when I get the chance, I'll teach it Ice Beam.

Appreciate the advice tho.

Edited by Dark Yakuzu

I've since caught 2 shiny Goldeen. This shit's legit

Then the game is acting like a bitch to me. I'll give it another try, but I swear to God if the shiny is a fucking Relicanth...

Yea, but Extrasensory comes off its far better special attack, and still hits Fighting types. And when I get the chance, I'll teach it Ice Beam.

Appreciate the advice tho.

I thought that its Attack and Special Attack were pretty even. Then again it depends on which nature it has.

I swear that Vivillion from different places have different movesets. Elegant learns jack all when it evolves, Garden learns Struggle Bug and Modern apparently learns Protect.