Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I really hate how nothing from Gen 5 got a Mega form. I can understand it's still recent, but Gen 4 wasn't exactly that long ago but they had to give Lucario, the favourite, one (as well as Abomasnow, who deserved it at least!).

We could have got Mega Samurott or Mega Scolipede or Mega Eelektross or something, but no. They just had to bum Kanto more. Because Gen 6 is at least the newest, and the other four gens got Mega forms, it just makes Gen 5 feel irrelevant already, aside from the Emotions remix in Courmarine City in that one building.

Oh well, at least Scolipede gained base 10 to it's attack according to Smogon and Serebii, which is awesome, as well as Speed Boost for hidden rather than Quick Feet, and shitty Whimsicott became a Fairy.

Also it is me or are the town themes in this game some of the best in the series? Lumiose, Snowbelle, Cyllage, Shalour (oh god, Shalour), and Dendemille (fantastic little tune) are all so good.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really hate how nothing from Gen 5 got a Mega form. I can understand it's still recent, but Gen 4 wasn't exactly that long ago but they had to give Lucario, the favourite, one (as well as Abomasnow, who deserved it at least!).

We could have got Mega Samurott or Mega Scolipede or Mega Eelektross or something, but no. They just had to bum Kanto more. Because Gen 6 is at least the newest, and the other four gens got Mega forms, it just makes Gen 5 feel irrelevant already, aside from the Emotions remix in Courmarine City in that one building.

Oh well, at least Scolipede gained base 10 to it's attack according to Smogon and Serebii, which is awesome, as well as Speed Boost for hidden rather than Quick Feet, and shitty Whimsicott became a Fairy.

Also it is me or are the town themes in this game some of the best in the series? Lumiose, Snowbelle, Cyllage, Shalour (oh god, Shalour), and Dendemille (fantastic little tune) are all so good.

Diamond and Pearl came out in 2008.  That's plenty long ago.

...wow.

Er on second thoughts I'm thinking they're saving Gen 5 Mega Evos until Gen 7... but still, it's kind of lame that nothing from that generation got one.

Diamond and Pearl came out in 2008.  That's plenty long ago.

2006 in Japan and 2007 for the rest of the world excluding Korea that got it in 2008.

Our precious little 4th gen is 7 years old.

I loved Gen V, but let's be real here - it really was just a stop-gap between IV and VI. It came at the wrong time.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.serebii.net/xy/updatedstats.shtml

This is very interesting, I'm really liking how Poliwrath, Stoutland, and Scolipede have gained attack, and I like how Ampharos gained more defense as well. A lot of the stat increases aren't great (slight special defense for Victreebel and Staraptor), but it's certainly better than before. Seems to be a fair few 5th gen mons already, hopefully there will be more stat increases on certain Pokemon when the transfer opens in December and after a bit more research.

Maybe now Unfezant has gained more attack they'll give it some decent moves? Nah, probably not.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Wow, they actually acknowledged the concept of a stat buff?

That's what Blaziken should have gotten after the Speed stat complaints in the first place

Aparently Serebii leaked the event legendaries and then quickly removed all the stuff he posted.

I dunno, how could he get that fucking info? Probably bullshit, I just know that one of them was Fire/Water type.

Edited by Tmsp

Aparently Serebii leaked the event legendaries and then quickly removed all the stuff he posted.

I dunno, how could he get that fucking info? Probably bullshit, I just know that one of them was Fire/Water type.

*Cue Dramatic Music*

http://www.serebii.net/xy/updatedstats.shtml

This is very interesting, I'm really liking how Poliwrath, Stoutland, and Scolipede have gained attack, and I like how Ampharos gained more defense as well. A lot of the stat increases aren't great (slight special defense for Victreebel and Staraptor), but it's certainly better than before. Seems to be a fair few 5th gen mons already, hopefully there will be more stat increases on certain Pokemon when the transfer opens in December and after a bit more research.

Maybe now Unfezant has gained more attack they'll give it some decent moves? Nah, probably not.

[...] sometimes wish Game Freak would be willing to change base stats, but that's not gonna happen, lawl

WELL THEN.

That's kinda cool. For a while now I figured they had some reason (even if it was a silly one) to not change base stats, but I guess it IS a possibility after all. I wonder what other changes have been made to other Pokemon? 

Kinda wish Raichu got at least a little buff to it's defenses alongside it's Speed, but that might just be the Electric type fanboy in me talking.

Edited by ElementofChaos

The others were:

Rock/Fairy and Psychic/Ghost, apparently.

Edited by Pawnkin

Speaking of Shinies, just wanted to chime in and say Fishing Chains totally work. I just got a Shiny Clauncher in under 30 tries. He's pretty rad guys.

And I've still not captured one shiny since entering this franchise...amazing luck I have.

Anyway. I was planning to hatch a new Amaura but I don't know what stats I should EV train for it. Can you guys lend me some ideas? A recommended nature will be nice as well.

Speaking of Shinies, just wanted to chime in and say Fishing Chains totally work. I just got a Shiny Clauncher in under 30 tries. He's pretty rad guys.

It works? Well then, young man, let me tell you a tale of my past days on the dangerous deep blue sea.

Eh, fuck that, no one like fisherman stories anymore.

After my previous failure with a chain of 114 and fucking nothing yesterday, when I went to bed, I decided to give this mumbo jumbo another try.

Well, after 40 tries:

UcrvCeo.jpg

"Awww shit! It works! I got myself a shiny Skrelp!"

After that I decided to try and get a lovely shiny Horsea and after 80 tries:

A0QLEf1.jpg

"Another Skrelp? Eh, I'm not ungrateful, but..."

After that I tried a few more times, but always broke the chain and decided to sleep.

Today I woke up and called my brother to show him my new shiny Pokémon, he asked how I got them and I showed him the method in a different spot.

After 7 tries:

pIEgpXJ.jpg

"Shit! Just look at this beautiful motherfucker, I don't even like him, but at least its a shiny!"

Some hours ago I decided to hunt again for that shiny Horsea and after 84 tries, BANG:

5FoLo9c.jpg

Well then, that's it for me and fishing.

Now I have 6 legit shinies including my Lickilcky from Victory Road and Hypno from Soul Silver.

Fishing shinies aren't that special anymore, but eh, a shiny is a shiny.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fishing Chains? As in fishing many times in a row?

Pokémon X roster as of now, just having beaten the Fairy-type gym:

• Chesnaught (Boomer), M, Lv. 46, Jolly
  • Gardevoir (Morgana), F, Lv. 45, Timid
  • Charizard (Eliza), F, Lv. 46, Adamant
  • Aurorus (Light), M, Lv. 45, Modest
  • Heliolisk (Rango), M, Lv. 45, Modest
  • Gengar (Maple), F, Lv. 44, Timid

Kinda find it funny that it's at odds with my Y team - two are physical attackers while the other four are special attackers, then vice versa in the other. In this one, EVs are maxed out on both Speed and whichever Attack attribute they specialize in.

@Tmsp: I WANT A SKRELP ;A;

Tmsp that's so cool man. When I start up Y Version I'm totally going after a shiny Skrelp myself.

And I've still not captured one shiny since entering this franchise...amazing luck I have.

Don't feel too bad. It's only the second one I've ever seen (one was a Claydol in Rayquaza's tower in Sapphire) outside of Gyarados. If you do this fishing chain stuff you'll get on no problem. Guarantee it.

Fishing Chains? As in fishing many times in a row?

Yep! I followed this and it worked very well. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67572859

Just finished the game there, and that ending...

Call me whatever you want, but I could feel tears kinda well up in my eyes when Floette returned to AZ, it was heartwarming.

Edited by MadDocAzure
  • Thumbs Up 5

1384276_555826457821178_414920046_n.jpg

Well, that's something.

...though, I can't find it on his Twitter page now. Maybe he deleted it, maybe it's fake, who knows.

Edited by Joshua

There is such a plethora of features and enhancements in X/Y that I have long forgiven the lack of new Pokemon. There's so much more that makes up for it.

It's like Game Freak one day decided that there were more important things to improve in the series than simply adding new Pokemon, and that's exactly what they did here.

• Thumbs Up 9

Well, the Looker sidequest was fun, through I wish that the final team of the "Mystery Trainer" was a full team of six.

And what the heck man, you don't fight Scientist Trainers till Post game, that's just so unusual. And their are only 4 too. So strange this Gen has been with some of the choices post game, not to mention not barely having anything to do post game either.... 

Honestly the number of New Pokemon isn't a problem to me, it's the lack of Post Game content that I'm more bothered by. 

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 1

But who cares about scientists? You can fight taxi drivers because you lack money to pay them...and then get THEM to pay YOU!!! That's leagues better than scientists