Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Hmm, while I do quite like it, for some strange reason, Chespin's final evolution seems a tad more reminiscent of something I'd expect from Digimon than anything from Pokemon.

re: new evos

If anyone here is using Chespin keep it unevolved for the love of god. Those evolutions are kind of awful looking.

No comment on the fox thing, it's okay, but I love that Frog ninja. I haven't used a water starter since squirtle. He looks awesome!

Hmm, while I do quite like it, for some strange reason, Chespin's final evolution seems a tad more reminiscent of something I'd expect from Digimon than anything from Pokemon.

To be fair, Digimon pretty much runs the whole gamut of monster types, and some of them wouldn't look terribly out of place in a Pokemon game, either. Though Digimon's entire premise gives the designers more leeway to go wild with designs.

Said final evolution has been compared to Zudomon, though, which isn't an unfair comparison, that being said.

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I just saw Chesnaught and... I'm actually pleased I decided to pick Chespin!

Yeah, the design is a bit stupid and certainly not what I was expecting, but it looks cool enough to me and a damn sight better than Delphox. Greninja looks alright, but I prefer Chesnaught all in all.

Interesting that they went with Grass/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, Water/Dark. I'm sure we were all expecting the second type to balance out the original weakness, but nope, instead they're even more super effective against their weaker counterpart. That'll make things a bit more challenging later on in the game!

So we finally saw the starter evolutions. Only Greninja was anything like I expected, especially when the first forms were revealed only. Even after form 2 for everything, I'm still shocked at how different Chesnaught and Delphox are, but I like all 3 anyway.

I STILL have no idea who I'm gonna pick. Availability of stuff seems really good, but it seems like there's not that many new Pokemon. I'm likely to do 3 playthroughs and use all the starters, but trying to figure out what to use without type overlap is giving me a headache, as Pangoro can only be used with Delphox but if Gallade's in the game then he can only be used with Greninja and Absol can't be used at the same time as Gallade and a starter as there will be type overlap.

Yeah, Absol's early too, definitely using him in one playthrough.

Delphox is actually the most hideous starter ever created. Such a shame, because I really like Fennekin and was willing to endure using ugly as sin Braixen if the final eco was good. Greninja's pretty damn cool, wasn't completely expecting it but nonetheless a pretty cool looking Water type. I think I'll actually opt for Chesnaught. I've yet to use a Grass starter in a first playthrough and honestly I think he looks quite cool. Very tanky and powerful looking. Wasn't expecting it after Quilladin. Still gutted about Delphox though. Well that means I'm definitely opting for that Zard then.

Im okay with all the starter evolutions. Fennekins final one looks okay, Froakie's looks really cool and Chespin's...I like it for what it is, but it doesnt really look Chespin/Quilladin to me anymore.

I might go for Chespin as well. Fighting is my favourite type, and while I still like Pangoro slightly more, Chesnaught has grown on me a lot, it's the Samurott of this generation and I've also never used the Grass type on a first playthrough apart from Serperior in BW2, and that's only because I'd already done Samurott in BW1.

Samurott is still the best starter though. All 3 of these guys are pretty cool, but nothing touches how Samurott made me react when I first saw it in it's insane samurai sea lion otter glory. Chesnaught and Delphox gave me a big shock, but Samurott was the only starter since I started seeing internet reveals that made me go "holy shit this guy is fucking amazing".

I've done the Kanto starters to death though, so I might box them and use the new stuff or other Pokemon I've never had chance to use.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Well surprise surprise, final water and grass evos are totally boss.  Pleasantly surprised by that, and i"ll be happily sticking with Chespin. Right now, I'm considering an all fighting team that would at least have him, Gallade, the luchador bird, and Lucario as the Mega Mode.  Might stick Blaziken in there too, since he's just as rad without needing to Mega Mode.  Not sure who else to add just yet, but I do know I don't want a pure fighting type on there.  Maybe Scrafty or Heracross.  Better check all current part fighters.

So this is like Johto then, less Kalos region and more Kanto etc? That's a shame...but at least we're not swamped with legendaries this time around like Gen IV and V.

In fact, is there even a legendary trio in Kalos? I've heard nothing yet.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=213668

I'm afraid its the end of spoilers.

Nintendo sent a rep to the store that sold the game and said "heads would roll" and the guy was forced to return the game

Good. Now I can stop avoiding this thread for the next 7 days...OMG the game is out next week!

Anyway, I'm really glad that I stuck with Froakie since he was unveiled. I guess I made the right choice. Froakie/Bulbasaur/Torchic master race indeed. Can't wait for this game.

My only problem with Greninja is that its stats make it look like a slightly better Sceptile, its movepool better be godly.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

My only problem with Greninja is that its stats make it look like a slightly better Sceptile, its movepool better be godly.

It's a bit odd for a Water type to have the best stat as Speed, since Water types are mostly the bulky type out of Fire and Grass. Greninja is not bulky and is a ninja after all, so its stats make perfect sense.

Sceptiles stats are OK. Not the best defences but they aren't craptacular either.

It's a bit odd for a Water type to have the best stat as Speed, since Water types are mostly the bulky type out of Fire and Grass. Greninja is not bulky and is a ninja after all, so its stats make perfect sense.

Sceptiles stats are OK. Not the best defences but they aren't craptacular either.

I'm not saying they don't make sense, I just hope its actually viable in the competitive scene. Atm, it looks to be faster than Gengar.

Are they allowed to take someones game away without refunding them?

They broke rules of engagement...so I'd imagine so.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=213668

I'm afraid its the end of spoilers.

Nintendo sent a rep to the store that sold the game and said "heads would roll" and the guy was forced to return the game

It never said he was forced. It said that he went to give it back to keep the local game store out of trouble. 

Sticking with #TeamFennekin, I actually kind of like Delphox, not as much as Braixen

(those hips), but whatever.  Greninja is pretty cool, and I still don't know what's going on with Chespin's evolutions.

• Thumbs Up 4

But the person bought the game legally

But the game isn't supposed to be distributed yet. If you have something you're not supposed to have, then it's a good idea to stfu.

He still legally bought it. It would have made more sense to order him to shut the hell up rather than take the game from him right off the bat.

I mean we're only 9 days away from the official release. As long as he keeps his mouth shut for those 9 days then what's the big deal?

I gave up my copy of the game to try and help keep the local game shop out of trouble and to keep my friend from losing his job.

Can you guys please just read the article

He gave up the game. They didn't just come and take it.

yeesh 

Edited by Fierce Deity