Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I'm thinking maybe we haven't seen the last of the Gen 6 Pokemon. 3DS games can be patched, right? I imagine the third version will probably include more Pokemon and mega evolutions if so, it'd be a big selling point if so.

It's a bit sad but after the HUGE hype I had for all months since the very announcement, I have to admit that most of new Gen VI mons are meh to say the least.

Mega Evolutions are mostly awesome and I'm still immensely hyped for the games but the new pokemon designs are really bad, even the starters (final forms). Maybe I'll get used to some of them but trubbish is trubbish.

I wonder when my copy of Y will come. The games come out on my birthday but I suppose it'll take a couple of weeks to reach my city.

There are definitely less Pokemon this generation, but I have to say I love the designs more than I usually do. And despite the reviewers not exactly liking the older inclusion of Pokemon I have to say it is a little bit refreshing. Usually with a new generation there is a major focus on the new Pokemon specifically with a small trickle of older ones, but it seems like with White/Black 2 and X/Y they're trying to let the player choose from a pool of all generations. It makes each region feel less like its own little world and more like an update to the overall Pokemon world, if that makes any sense.

Anyways, I'm just happy because the designs are a big step forward from Gen 5.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just a head's up to anyone who's pre-ordered with ShopTo. They are shipping the game on the Wednesday so with any luck you'll be playing your's before release! biggrin.png

I think it's kind of like Gens 2 and 4 where they're more updates Pokemonwise. Gens 1, 3 and 5 focused on mostly completely new creatures. Generation 1 was the first obviously, Generation 3 was mostly new stuff with only two babies of Johto Pokemon (Azurill and Wynaut), and Generation 5 in BW1 focused exclusively on the new stuff (until the postgame and BW2) and there was no cross-generational evolutions or babies at all. Generation 2 felt like a sort of expansion pack, and the complaints in the reviews about it focusing mostly on old Pokemon is the biggest gripe I have with the Johto games as a whole aside from the low levelling. Generation 4 focused a lot on evolving old Pokemon, where half the dex was new evolutions and a few babies. Generation 6 seems to be focusing on updating the whole game with the 3D and stuff and having Mega evolutions to keep old Pokemon relevant.

It's a shame it seems like the Kalos 'mons are of less focus, but there is a method there, and it seems like availability is through the roof, just like in BW2 after BW1's entirely focused on their new 'mons shtick, considering Generation 5 added more new Pokemon than any other generation (156!). I still like the BW Pokemon more so far, even after seeing a lot of leaked stuff I won't spoil, but I'm liking Gen 6's designs too. It really just seems to be how it plays when my copy of X arrives. I'm sure it will be a blast.

What I am hoping though, is that important trainer battles such as gym leaders focus mainly on the Kalos Pokemon, this is what I disliked about GSC/HGS, where only a handful of them even had Johto Pokemon. I think BW2 did it best by having many old Pokemon, but the important trainers such as the gyms, elite four and Ghetsis still focused mainly on that generation's Pokemon. True they were mostly tweaked versions of their rosters in BW1, but still.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do we have any news on HMs this Gen? I really don't want to have a HM Mule this time round. I heard a rumour a while back claiming there will be less.

Do we have any news on HMs this Gen? I really don't want to have a HM Mule this time round. I heard a rumour a while back claiming there will be less.

Less probably, but I think old ones like Dive make a return.

Less probably, but I think old ones like Dive make a return.

Well trailers from a few months earlier showcased underwater battles so I guess that outright confirms Dive is returning.

Just a head's up to anyone who's pre-ordered with ShopTo. They are shipping the game on the Wednesday so with any luck you'll be playing your's before release! biggrin.png

Ordering with ShopTo usually results in next-day delivery, too - so we could be playing the game as early as Thursday!

Ordering with ShopTo usually results in next-day delivery, too - so we could be playing the game as early as Thursday!

That's pretty much what I said laugh.png

That's pretty much what I said laugh.png

I know, I just wanted to emphasise it seeing as the game's out on a Saturday rather than the usual Friday - meaning it'd be two days before release! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Some sad news...

Unfortunately they didn't made Gym Leaders anymore tougher, their teams are STILL 2 to 3 Pokemon so far, and their doesn't seem to be a challenge mode known yet.

Not just Gym Leaders, but the regular trainers still only have at least up to 3 Pokemon too from what I've been hearing. It's the 5th Gen all over again for me.

This freaking sucks, I was hoping that Gym Leaders would at least have 4 or 5 Pokemon, with the last Gym having a full team.

If their is a 3rd version, please by the gods give some of us more of a challenge.

tumblr_mu43ckkrnU1s6bjwgo1_500.jpg

Ahem.

• Thumbs Up 3

I actually kinda liked the use of Gen 1 Pokemon in G/S/C because they used Pokemon that mostly had little exposure in R/B/Y in new and interesting ways, and I hope they do the same for this game.

tumblr_mu43ckkrnU1s6bjwgo1_500.jpg

Ahem.

Which unfortunately doesn't seem to apply to every generation, especially Both Gen 5 games. 

In fact, Gen 1 and 3 were the only ones to go beyond the 4 Pokemon limit with Giovanni and Wallace/Juan having 5 on their teams, that's what I like.

This is why I want a challenge mode so dang badly, and by that I mean unlocked from the get-go and in both versions of a gen game. I don't like it when they went Too easy on you in some games.'

Oh please by the great god Arceaus, if their is a 3rd version of XY, let their be an option to increase the difficulty or Pokemon limit in both trainers and Gym Leaders alike right from the beginning.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Which unfortunately doesn't seem to apply to every generation, especially Both Gen 5 games. 

In fact, Gen 1 and 3 were the only ones to go beyond the 4 Pokemon limit with Giovanni and Wallace/Juan having 5 on their teams, that's what I like.

This is why I want a challenge mode so dang badly, and by that I mean unlocked from the get-go and in both versions of a gen game. I don't like it when they went Too easy on you in some games.'

Oh please by the great god Arceaus, if their is a 3rd version of XY, let their be an option to increase the difficulty or Pokemon limit in both trainers and Gym Leaders alike..

It will also depend on the skill of the trainer too, but when it comes to a type like bug types there needs to be a 'swarm' mentality when battling, so you have to face more so there isn't such a big skill gap just because a certain type is weaker than others.

Still dunno why they made bug types so weak, though..

It has been announced that the storage app, Pokémon Bank, is due for release in North America on December 27th. With it comes a 30 day free pass if you download and play the application before February 1st. From then on, if you wish to use the services, including Poke Transporter, you will need to pay a yearly fee of $4.99. It also confirms that you cannot have items on your Pokémon when you send it to Bank, with the items returning to your bag.

My wallet is ready

Hmmm.....they didn't say if you could put Eggs in Pokemon Bank or not, through I'm gonna guess that you can't.

Through I guess that doesn't really matter cause I heard that the Pokemon Breeder is sometime after the first Gym, so all ya gotta do is transport a Ditto and whatever other pokemon over to X/Y, not to big of a deal.

Unless it's like BW which you need to find the other breeder to be able to put in two pokemon at once.blink.png

Oh and....

Mega Gardevoir apparently?

Edited by Dantemustdie00

While I do love a full scale 6v6 battle, I don't see difficulty being much of an issue in Pokemon. If you want more of a challenge, use less Pokemon on your team. If gym leaders are using 2-3, fight them with 2-3 of your own. Problem solved.

Mega Gardevoir apparently?

Yes, plus Mega Druddigon, Mega Galvantula and Mega Heracross.

Edited by Tmsp

Any promotional media that is intentionally and officially revealed by the outlet of publishing is not considered a spoiler. These are permitted to be employed on your own in contexts including signatures and avatars. Any trailers, images or previews are free reign and designated to be posted freely in their official topics. (This goes to you people spoiling Review scores as well. Come on guys, that shit is pointless and no one cares to click for an arbitrary number. People will find out anyway if there's a point in discussing them)

Stop putting review scores in spoilers. Seriously.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really hope that Pumpkaboo evolves into something awesome. I've been hoping for a Ghost-type pumpkin for a while now. It just needs to be formidable.

• Thumbs Up 1