Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Final evos for the Kalos starters?

They never revealed the final evolutions from any starters before the games where out if I'm not mistaken. But hey, there is always a first time for everything. Hell they also never revealed fossils or at least their evolutions until now.

Also, I won't be able to watch the stream, so if anything interesting pops up, I'm counting on you guys to post that shit.

Final evos for the Kalos starters?

Considering Pokemon Smash's track record its highly unlikely.

They're probably just gonna tell us news we already knew about.

Were any of the Gen1-3 evolution and pre evolutions revealed before Gen IV was released? I'm starting to wonder if Sylveon really is the only evolution of an existing Pokemon this generation.

Were any of the Gen1-3 evolution and pre evolutions revealed before Gen IV was released? I'm starting to wonder if Sylveon really is the only evolution of an existing Pokemon this generation.

Munchlax, Mime Jr., Bonsly and Weavile. Those are the only ones that I remember.

Watch Pikachu be the only non-evolved Pokemon that can Mega-evolve just because Game Freak likes to whore out Pikachu. 

I honestly, genuinely would not be surprised.  Unless... they make Mega Raichu look like Pikachu?  I actually always preferred Raichu's look to Pikachu's anyway.  Those ears.

In other news, I've been having thoughts about how I'd alter the trading system.  I'll be open about it and say that I don't like trade evolutions.  It makes no sense to me that you've raised little Tyson the Machop from the early levels into a muscly Machoke and you want it to reach its true potential as a Machamp, and how do you do that?  You have to give it away.  Or accept a stranger's Machoke that you have nothing to do with.  To me, while this upholds the Pokemon principle of interacting with others, it undermines the investment the games want you to make in your Pokemon.

So I had a couple of thoughts, and one of them is that, with the introduction of Pokemon Bank, now is the perfect time to revise "trading" to become "put your Pokemon on the Internet."  It already pretty much is this, because if you don't have a friend with the most recent generation who lives near to you and is willing to trade you your Machoke (or whatever) and then trade it back, then you put your Pokemon on the GTS in exchange for an impossible request and immediately withdraw it, which is obviously just an exploit.  But if we make the requirement "online interaction," it opens up.  Put a Pokemon in Pokemon Bank and then withdraw it?  It'll activate a trade-evolution.  Have it participate in a wifi contest, musical, battle?  Whether it wins or loses, it'll evolve.  In fact, this would encourage online interaction, which is exactly what GameFreak should want.

But what about people who don't have wifi or don't really care about interacting with others?  I get that one way or another this is an increasingly small segment of the market, but it'd be unfair to ignore them.  So what I would do is beef up in-game trades, which I've always thought are strangely underutilised.  I'd gear them towards version exclusives and trade-evolve Pokemon, maybe even some who will accept any Pokemon, but I would then go a step further and make trades infinitely renegotiable.  In other words, as soon as you've traded, the NPC tells you that if you ever regret your choice, they'd be willing to trade you your Pokemon back.  And so you can do that and get your original Pokemon back, and if it's a trade-evolve it will have evolved.  But you'd also be able to redo the original trade.  You could actually make a bit of a puzzle out of that troll from Platinum who traded you a Haunter with an Everstone - take the Everstone off, trade it back to him, then trade the resulting Gengar off him and voila.

...This concludes my post on the subject of how to neuter one of the most important and long-lasting aspects of the Pokemon franchise because I'm bitter about never having a Steelix in Gen II.  Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 5

Pokemon's official Facebook page has announced that it will reveal a new evolved Pokemon on Wednesday.

Gonna be an evolution of Bunnelby, Helioptile, Dedenne, or Honedge. Calling it now.

Edited by Joshua

Pokemon's official Facebook page has announced that it will reveal a new evolved Pokemon on Wednesday.

Gonna be an evolution of Bunnelby, Helioptile, Dedenne, or Honedge. Calling it now.

I doubt Dedenne and Honedge

Dedenne because Pikachu expies never evolve. And Honedge looks like those one stage pokemon that won't evolve like Skarmory, etc. Bunnelby and Helioptile do look like pokemon that will evolve however.

Bullshit, man. That doesn't look like the real evolution at all.

tzjry1r.png

Now this is the legit one. Trust me, my grandma cleans toilets at GameFreak.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 5

I doubt Dedenne and Honedge

Dedenne because Pikachu expies never evolve.

Marill did.

Alternative post: Pichu did.

...Yeah, I really wish the Pikachu analogues would evolve again.  And stop being Electric.

Brand New Pokebeach Rumor:

-Trusk is a Grass/Rock boar Pokemon with long green tusks coming out of its mouth. He is gruff, has grey skin, and features green leaf-like ears. It has an "adorable" pre-evolution with tiny tusks and a leaf at the end of its tail.

-A Normal/Poison porcupine Pokemon named Quillom can be found quite early in the game in the forest. It has white skin with light purple quills. He has a Poison-type quill attack which damages and has a high chance of poison.

-A Ghost-type spider Pokemon is found in caves. It is dark gray with blue spots and multiple light grey eyes. It has a feint light blue mist around its abdomen. The source doesn't remember the spelling of its name, but says it was something like "Apparachnid." He thinks it may have an evolution.

-There is a Ground-type badger Pokemon that is dark brown with black stripes going up its face. It knows Slash and a new biting move.
Reconfirmation that Froakie's final evolution is Water/Fighting. It looks similar to a poison dart frog. The dark blue now takes over its body almost entirely. There are a few even darker (almost black) spots on his sides and face and it gains more of the bubble foam around its neck and down the back. It's also a bit bulkier. It uses its hind legs a lot and has kicking attacks.

-Bunnelby evolves into a Ground/Dark type rabbit that is larger and much rounder. Its color scheme is reversed, with the dark brown now being the prominent color. It can be found in caves. It is useful because you can get it early in the game and use it to evolve Pancham into Pangoro.

-Helioptile has an evolution. It is bipedal with a second yellow triangle on its face. Its ears become more jagged and it looks meaner. On its back are what look like spikes with jagged parts at the very top. It can learn a new attack called Thunder Roll, where it rolls up like a wheel and strikes the opponent.

-Reconfirmation that Meowstic has a pre-evolution named Espurr. There is no gender differentiation until it evolves. It is mostly white, similar to the female version, with cuter eyes and a single puffy tail. It has a little patch of fur under its head (similar to its evolutions). The fur is dark blueish with little tufts of white in it.

-Other Pokemon that are now Fairy-type: the Chansey evolution line, Dunsparce, the Clefairy line, and Togepi's line.

-Fairy Dust is a new move that will randomly cause either Paralysis, Poison, Sleep, or Burn.

-Like Magneton, Wailmer is part of one of the Super Training Facility games.

-Team Flare makes an appearance right at the beginning of the game. On the TV in your house, one of its members talks about fashion and how your Pokemon should match your style. Team Flare's signature music has an eerie accordion sound to it in the opening sequence.

-The outfit your character wears at the start is colored to match what you've set as your favorite color in your 3DS settings. It can be changed easily though.

-The opening cinematic is in 3D. (Have to mention this since most of the game isn't in stereoscopic 3D. :P) It starts off with Yveltal's cry, which wakes you up. You sit up in your bed. It then pans and there is a shot of your city. Yveltal's shadow goes over it. After that there is some other shots of your town. You seem amazed that you saw Yveltal. It then shows generic in-game shots like you entering a forest with your friends, selecting your starter, running through a cave, etc. After that it shows Sycamore welcoming you. You are standing outside of his lab at the time, then he takes you inside. It then shows him showing you three Poke Balls which leads into a transformation video where it shows all three Kanto starters evolving to their final forms, and then the three of them Mega Evolving. It's a really cool cinematic. The video ends with Yveltal flying with the sun behind him, leading in to the title screen. Team Flare is also shown at some point in the sequence.

-On the title screen you can use the analog joystick on your 3DS to change the angle at which you see Xerneas/Yveltal.

-Other Pokemon that are now Fairy-type: the Chansey evolution line, Dunsparce, the Clefairy line, and Togepi's line.

If this is true then this marks the end of the Pokemon metagame and the galaxy will forever suffer the tyranny of Emperor Blissey

• Thumbs Up 2

If this is true then this marks the end of the Pokemon metagame and the galaxy will forever suffer the tyranny of Emperor Blissey

She already sponged Draco Meteor, now she just outright ignores it. 

-A Ghost-type spider Pokemon is found in caves. It is dark gray with blue spots and multiple light grey eyes. It has a feint light blue mist around its abdomen. The source doesn't remember the spelling of its name, but says it was something like "Apparachnid." He thinks it may have an evolution.

This is the only thing I'm hoping is true right now. It sounds too awesome.

We can still punch it in the face right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Brand New Pokebeach Rumor:

-Trusk is a Grass/Rock boar Pokemon with long green tusks coming out of its mouth. He is gruff, has grey skin, and features green leaf-like ears. It has an "adorable" pre-evolution with tiny tusks and a leaf at the end of its tail.

-A Normal/Poison porcupine Pokemon named Quillom can be found quite early in the game in the forest. It has white skin with light purple quills. He has a Poison-type quill attack which damages and has a high chance of poison.

-There is a Ground-type badger Pokemon that is dark brown with black stripes going up its face. It knows Slash and a new biting move.

Reconfirmation that Froakie's final evolution is Water/Fighting. It looks similar to a poison dart frog. The dark blue now takes over its body almost entirely. There are a few even darker (almost black) spots on his sides and face and it gains more of the bubble foam around its neck and down the back. It's also a bit bulkier. It uses its hind legs a lot and has kicking attacks.

-Bunnelby evolves into a Ground/Dark type rabbit that is larger and much rounder. Its color scheme is reversed, with the dark brown now being the prominent color. It can be found in caves. It is useful because you can get it early in the game and use it to evolve Pancham into Pangoro.

-Helioptile has an evolution. It is bipedal with a second yellow triangle on its face. Its ears become more jagged and it looks meaner. On its back are what look like spikes with jagged parts at the very top. It can learn a new attack called Thunder Roll, where it rolls up like a wheel and strikes the opponent.

-Reconfirmation that Meowstic has a pre-evolution named Espurr. There is no gender differentiation until it evolves. It is mostly white, similar to the female version, with cuter eyes and a single puffy tail. It has a little patch of fur under its head (similar to its evolutions). The fur is dark blueish with little tufts of white in it.

-Fairy Dust is a new move that will randomly cause either Paralysis, Poison, Sleep, or Burn.

-Like Magneton, Wailmer is part of one of the Super Training Facility games.

-Team Flare makes an appearance right at the beginning of the game. On the TV in your house, one of its members talks about fashion and how your Pokemon should match your style. Team Flare's signature music has an eerie accordion sound to it in the opening sequence.

-The outfit your character wears at the start is colored to match what you've set as your favorite color in your 3DS settings. It can be changed easily though.

-The opening cinematic is in 3D. (Have to mention this since most of the game isn't in stereoscopic 3D. :P) It starts off with Yveltal's cry, which wakes you up. You sit up in your bed. It then pans and there is a shot of your city. Yveltal's shadow goes over it. After that there is some other shots of your town. You seem amazed that you saw Yveltal. It then shows generic in-game shots like you entering a forest with your friends, selecting your starter, running through a cave, etc. After that it shows Sycamore welcoming you. You are standing outside of his lab at the time, then he takes you inside. It then shows him showing you three Poke Balls which leads into a transformation video where it shows all three Kanto starters evolving to their final forms, and then the three of them Mega Evolving. It's a really cool cinematic. The video ends with Yveltal flying with the sun behind him, leading in to the title screen. Team Flare is also shown at some point in the sequence.

-On the title screen you can use the analog joystick on your 3DS to change the angle at which you see Xerneas/Yveltal.

Saw clefairy getting the fairy type from miles away. But I swear, if we don't get a dolphin pokemon this generation I'm going to rage. Also Helioptiles evolution gives us even more pokemon to recreate Jurassic Park with

:P

We can still punch it in the face right?

Um.... actually yes...... I forgot that they'd still only neutral damage from Fighting type moves rather than super effective damage........

Unless it's type changed from Normal to Fairy rather than being dual-typed. Then they'd be mildly fucked. Maybe I'm overreacting.

Edited by Rusty Spy

Um.... actually yes...... I forgot that they'd still only neutral damage from Fighting type moves rather than super effective damage........

Unless it's type changed from Normal to Fairy rather than being dual-typed. Then they'd be mildly fucked. Maybe I'm overreacting.

Either way, Blissey is gonna take a lot of damage with that Defense stat of 10 even if its HP is the size of Wailord. Chansey will be harder to take down though.

WHAT'S THAT DRAPION? YOU SAY YOU CAN RAPE FAIRY TYPES? WELL ALRIGHT THEN.

I can hear Skuntank packing his bags and ready to move up in the world.

My Crobat is ready for a bloodharvest of Fairies.

Seriously, I'm glad Poison types got something to destroy now aside from Grass types. Still waiting on that Poison/Dragon type Gamefreak, through Noisvern problemly should've been one in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 3

Not spoilering the following because the rumour's not confirmed and because I'm only talking about things people have already speculated on.  But if the rumour is true, I like the fact that they're using many more multi-type Normal Pokemon.  A lot of the confirmed new Pokemon fill out previously unused type combinations, too, which I'm very happy about.  I think that all type combinations should one day exist.

On which note, a thought occurs on the addition of the Fairy-type to old Pokemon - and so far it has been addition rather than replacement; Jigglypuff is now Normal/Fairy rather than just Fairy, for instance, and it looks as if that's the direction they're going with the others, what with Gardevoir being Psychic/Fairy.  This fits with how Magneton became Electric/Steel rather than just Steel.  Where does this leave Pokemon in retro-Fairy evolution lines which already have a double-typing?  Ralts and Kirlia are almost certainly Psychic/Fairy as well, but will Gallade be Psychic/Fairy, Fairy/Fighting, or still Psychic/Fighting?  Togepi will almost certainly become Normal/Fairy as well - but what about Togetic and Togekiss?  Normal/Fairy too, Fairy/Flying, or still Normal/Flying?  ...I imagine Gallade will remain as it is, but I hope that Togekiss becomes Fairy/Flying, retaining the interesting types and losing its Normality.  We also don't have any other Fairy/Flying types yet, although that will certainly change when the game comes out.

About Froakie's evolution, too... I'd have agreed before we saw the second stages, but now that we know about Quilladin and Frogadier, I just don't know if I can see Froakie becoming Water/Fighting.  The confirmed medieval theme flat-out seems to point at Quilladin evolving into a Grass/Fighting knight, while Frogadier is going in a pretty Dark-looking thief-y direction.  Unless Chespin becomes a dark knight and Froakie a kind of martial artist, but that seems like it would be going out of their way to be unexpected.  Unless they go with the ridiculous option of having both Chespin and Froakie end up as part-Fighting while Fennekin gains the Psychic type, which would be the ultimate parody of the Fire/Fighting starter trend.