Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Go ahead and berate Game Freak for Doublade's design and how it's a sign of them being lazy now. I'll continue being the only person who remembers, and pointing that Zweilous only has an extra head and wings.

To be fair, Zweilous is based off the Hydra that gains many heads for each one chopped off.

You should compare it more to Magneton, Weezing, and the like. I'm not saying that its a bad thing though.

Weezing is Magneton and Dugtrio done right, and I won't hear a word said against it.

Doubledge is somewhere between Dugtrio and Weezing, in that there are a couple of really subtle changes that I didn't notice at first, though nothing major - but it will be totally worth it if the third stage is a floating suit of armour dual-wielding Honedges.

• Thumbs Up 1

And a pair of new hairs, bulkier legs, fangs, claws, more unkempt fur and a new belly patern. Yeah, it is somewhat lazy, but looks like a natural evolution.

Now Doublade? They made that handle thing sharper, changed a bit its patern, painted it pink, put it on paint, made a copy of it, reversed it and voilà!

It doesn't look natural at all, looks like a couple of lesbian honedges or some shit like that.

...Well technically its not a natural Pokemon now is it.

...Well technically its not a natural Pokemon now is it.

That's not really an excuse for it, is it?

Lampet is an oil street lamp and evolves into Chandelure, a chandelier Pokémon. They look like a natural evolution.

Bronzor is a mirror and evolves into Brozong, a dotaku Pokémon. They also look like a natural evolution.

Honedge had lots of potential and it went wasted into a reversed image work in paint? I mean, they could have done the two swords shit, sure, but at least make them different or add a shield into the mix.

Hoping it does have a third evolution, like the 2 swords become one single large blade or something cool like that, like Magnezone. Magnezone redeemed Magnemite for me.

spectralswordlv1.gif

rulerswordlv2.gif

Kinda hoping for something similar to the Ruler Sword or Spectral Sword from the Castlevania games

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lampent may evolve into a different light structure as Chandelure, but those Pokemon happen to be ghosts that look like light structures. That ghost is a natural creature in Pokemon, with physiology that allows it to turn into a candle, oil lamp, and chandelier.

Honedge, however, was specifically described as a soul that possessed a sword and scabbard. The sword and scabbard are not part of that soul's own physiology, so it can't alter their original shapes as it evolves. It can add onto it, like it does with the base when it evolves into Doublade, but that's the extent to its ability to alter itself.

I'm looking at Honedge and Doublade's designs as an homage to the Beldum line. Two Beldum fuse together to become a Metang, with some added features like the spikes around its head. Honedge presumably fuses (links souls with?) another Honedge to form Doublade, and has an added base as a bonus.

And since 2 Metang fuse to form Metagross, maybe two Doublade/four Honedges combine to make a third evolution?

Edited by Joshua

Okay I dunno if it's just my accent, but I can't say that pokemon's name without it coming out as "duh-blade".

Or is it "dough-blade"?

Lampent may evolve into a different light structure as Chandelure, but those Pokemon happen to be ghosts that look like light structures. That ghost is a natural creature in Pokemon, with physiology that allows it to turn into a candle, oil lamp, and chandelier.

Honedge, however, was specifically described as a soul that possessed a sword and scabbard. The sword and scabbard are not part of that soul's own physiology, so it can't alter their original shapes as it evolves. It can add onto it, like it does with the base when it evolves into Doublade, but that's the extent to its ability to alter itself.

I'm looking at Honedge and Doublade's designs as an homage to the Beldum line. Two Beldum fuse together to become a Metang, with some added features like the spikes around its head. Honedge presumably fuses (links souls with?) another Honedge to form Doublade, and has an added base as a bonus.

And since 2 Metang fuse to form Metagross, maybe two Doublade/four Honedges combine to make a third evolution?

At least Beldum changes "drastically" when they fuse into a Metang and then Metagross, Doublade is just two pink Honedges, more like Magneton.

The possession thing isn't really that important when we have stuff like Rotom that can change the aspect of the appliances that he possesses or Shuppet that went from a Teru teru bozu to a doll. We also have Yamask that turns its mask into a sarcophagus.

I'm really, really disappointed with how Doublade turned out to be and if he doesn't evolve or just evolves into more swords instead of something like a possessed knight armor, they might just had let Honedge be a single stage Pokémon.

Could be, I know they tried to be smart with the name but it's quite a confusing name to pronounce. Doo-blade, Duh-blade, Dough-blade...

It's kind of uninspired, but not terrible, I'm surprised Honedge wasn't a stand alone, though. Hopefully it evolves again into something more fancy or intricate, the Castlevania sword spectres are a pretty good style to go for I think.

Then again, I liked Klinklang and Vanilluxe so yeah :x

Edited by Semi-colon e

Doublade looks pretty awesome to me. I love Honedge (definitely going to have him in my squad somewhere) and to see an evolution which, while on the surface is rather lazy, is actually a pretty logical step for once - after all, what's better than one sword? Two swords, of course! What do you mean a bigger sword would be better? Fuck that just make it evolve into a gun.

Whereas the likes Dugtrio and Magneton (though obviously not those two specifically because they're Gen I and we all luff them <3) were really obviously just "take the original, copy and paste it three times" designs, as I say at least this design kinda makes sense. And it changes colour a little bit, so it's not completely lazy :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a better look at Doublade. After seeing it in-game, it's actually not that bad.

doublade.jpg

The Exp. Share has been tweaked...well leveling up will be far easier now.

The item Exp. Share will provide experience to all Pokémon in the party, not just the one that participated in battle. The participating Pokémon will receive 100% of the total EXP, while non-participating Pokémon will receive 50% each.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/25/pokemon-x-pokemon-y-make-levelling-easier/#Oc3VPMFqR8dtIq2Y.99
Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

What do you mean a bigger sword would be better? Fuck that just make it evolve into a gun.

But then they'd call it a rehash.

Spr_2c_223.gif

Doublade just can't win.

The Exp. Share has been tweaked:

So it's basically a buffed Exp. All now. I like this.

And now you have a way to balance out your party and not have one pokemon at a huge level.

By the way, Pokemon 3DS XL comes out tomorrow. Can't wait to pick up my 3DS! >.<

• Thumbs Up 2

By the way, Pokemon 3DS XL comes out tomorrow. Can't wait to pick up my 3DS! >.<

I've got mine pre-ordered. It should be dispatched today. Can't wait!

The item Exp. Share will provide experience to all Pokémon in the party, not just the one that participated in battle. The participating Pokémon will receive 100% of the total EXP, while non-participating Pokémon will receive 50% each.

Read more at http://www.siliconer...PMFqR8dtIq2Y.99

BUT HOW WILL THIS AFFECT EV's!?

Exp. Share traditionally gave the Pokemon holding the item the same amount and type of EVs as the Pokemon who won the battle.

Hmm, there's the elephant in the room concerning the buff Exp. Share got, lol. Don't want your Ferrothorn getting Speed EVs because it was in the party when you beat a Rattata after all.

Problem is that Magneton was made years ago unlike this piece of shit. I'm pretty sure that now they have more than enough money and time to make decent designs that aren't reversed photoshoped Pokémon.

Irrelevant.

A lazy design is a lazy design, whether it was created recently or years and years ago.

Edited by Heinous Creature
  • Thumbs Up 3

Read more at http://www.siliconer...PMFqR8dtIq2Y.99

So basically Exp. All Redux.

AND DA AWARD 2 PERSON WHO NEVER READS POSTS RIGHT IS CROW! I was thinking about the one from Gen 3 onward.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

I just don't see how it's a lazy design, since I think it's intentional. It's supposed to be dual of the same sword so it can mimic a wall mount of swords, and also double as "two hands" for the cloth coming off the end of the hilt. That's kinda why I don't think there'll be another evolution since it's kinda completed it's look. To me, it's like asking for another evolution of Ambipom. The only possible addition I could see is adding a large shield behind the two swords, but idk. Still think the design is really neat.

Also I'm not sure about the new Exp. Share. I guess I'll have to see how it handles with the game, but it seems pretty over powering for raising your team. I mean if all of them are getting 50% of experience every battle, I feel like you never even have to use a few and still have them basically be pretty close to your other pokemon level.

Also someone asked how it'd affect EV training, and I have a hunch that EV points aren't earned through battle anymore and only through the new mode of super training or whatever it's called. It'd probably be miles easier to stay on track of your pokemon's stats that way without having to worry about battles in between, though I guess another possibility would be that the EV training mini games aren't unlocked until post game *shrugs*

All I know for sure is I want this damn game already, >:U