Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Recap of everything in the past 3 days

The English Site now has now updated with some English Names! 

Pokémon
  • "Pangoro" is the recently revealed, new Fighting/Dark Type Pokémon and Panchum's Evolve Form
  • Pangoro's Ability is Iron Fist
  • Pangoro can learn Hammer Arm
  • Pangoro Trivia: "Pangoro is the evolved form of Pancham. It's a cantankerous Pokémon, but it has a strong heart and doesn't forgive those who pick on the weak."

• "Inkay" is the recently, revealed new Dark/Psychic Type Pokémon.
  • Inkay's Ability is Contrary.
  • Inkay can learn a new Dark-Type attack called "Topsy-Turvy", which reverses all stat changes of the target. 
  • Inkay Trivia: "Transmitters above Inkay's eyes have the ability to drain the will to fight from other Pokémon. It uses this skill to run and hide when attacked by stronger enemies. "

• "Malimar" is Inkay's Evolve Form, keeping its Dark/Psychic typing and Contrary Ability.
  • Malimar can learn Hypnosis.
  • Malimar Trivia: "The evolved form of Inkay, Malamar wields some of the strongest hypnotic powers of any Pokémon and can make its opponents bend to its will."

• "Swirlix" is the recently, revealed new Fairy-Type Pokémon.
  • Swirlix has a new Ability called "Sweet Veil", which prevents the user's teammates from falling asleep.
  • Swirlix Trivia: "Exclusive to Pokémon X, Swirlix loves sweets and eats nothing else, making its body as sweet and sticky as cotton candy."

• "Spritzee" is another new recently, revealed new Fairy-Type Pokémon.
  • Spritzee's Ability is Healer.
  • Spritzee can learn a new Fairy-Type Attack called "Draining Kiss", which has the same effects as Mega Drain and Drain Punch.
  • Spritzee Trivia: "Spritzee is a Pokémon that can be found in the wild only in Pokémon Y. It emits a unique fragrance from its body, and any who smell it fall under its spell."

As mentioned before, Xernas has an exclusive move, which is called "Geomancy" in English.

Yveltal's exclusive move is called "Oblivion Wing". 

New Human Characters

"Professor Sycamore" is the Pokémon Professor of the Kalos Region. He'll not only give you your Starter Pokémon in Lumiose City, but also challenge you to Pokémon Battles.

"Team Flare" are the mysterious organization in X and Y. 

• According to the US website, they're a strange organization that has begun to make its presence known in the Kalos region. What could they be up to?

"Grant" is one of the Gym Leaders in the Kalos Region. 

• According to the US website, Gym Leader Grant excels at bike racing, mountain climbing, and all sorts of sports. You'll be facing a Trainer with a strong heart when you challenge Grant! 
  • He might be a Rock-Type Gym Leader, but it has not been officially confirmed yet.

"Clemont"  is also one of the Gym Leaders in the Kalos Region. 

• According to the US website, Clemont is a young Gym Leader who loves science, especially inventing new devices. He's not interested only in strength he enjoys all the time he spends with his Pokémon, too. 
  • Clemont will also be seen with his little sister, Bonnie
  • Clemont's speciality is also unknown.

New Features: The Pokémon Search System

We have some new information on different features of the Pokemon Search System (PSS).

The "Holo Caster" is a new feature that's a part of the PSS. According to the US website, players can use the Holo Caster to get messages from people far away, such as your four ingame friends or the professor. You can also get reports about the people you have passed by using StreetPass on your Holo Caster. Plus, receive news bulletins about Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, such as information on upcoming competitions!

• You can get the most up-to-date information using StreetPass or your Internet connection, even when you aren't playing the game or when you have your system in Sleep Mode.
Next up is the "Battle Spot".
  • According the US website, you can use your Internet connection to battle with players from around the world. Compete in casual Free Battles for everyday challenges, or take on tougher Rating Battles to see how you rank against the competition!

The GTS in X and Y has been upgraded!
  • According to the US website, in the past you could trade via the GTS only for Pokémon you'd already registered in your Pokédex by seeing or catching them. For the first time in the main Pokémon series, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y allow you to receive a Pokémon not yet registered in your Pokédex via GTS trade!
Another new feature is the "Wonder Trade".
  • According to the US Website, Wonder Trade is a new form of Pokémon trading where you pick a Pokémon to offer and it will be instantly traded for another Pokémon offered by someone else around the world. The thrill of Wonder Trade is that you won't have any idea which Pokémon you'll get until it appears. Who knows? You might even find yourself getting a rare Pokémon that you never expected!
Another new feature is "O-Powers".
  • According to the US website, O-Powers are special powers that will help you progress through your adventure. These O-Powers come in many forms. Some powers may temporarily increase your stats, while others may make it easier to catch wild Pokémon. There are also some O-Powers that may increase the Exp. Points or prize money you get from battle.
  • The useful effects of your O-Powers are not just for you. You can also offer them to other Trainers around you so they can benefit from them, too. If a nearby player uses an O-Power, it will be displayed through your PSS, and you'll be able to use that O-Power yourself!
  • You can also specifically choose another Trainer and choose which O-Power to use on him or her. Now you can work together with players from anywhere to help succeed in your adventures!
The "Shout-Out" function lets you share your feelings and accomplishments with other players. Your Shout-Out will be displayed to other players who are nearby or connected to the Internet.

New Features: Photo Spots
"Photo Spots" are areas where your character can take their picture.
  • According to the US website, you'll see all kinds of beautiful scenery and locations during your adventures in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Take beautiful photos of these fantastic views. And just like a real camera, you'll be able to adjust the aperture, shutter speed, brightness, and other features to dial in the perfect shot!

The Global Link
New information for the X and Y updates for the Global Link have been revealed.

• According to the US website, using Game Sync with the Pokémon Global Link will record your adventure and display it as a timeline. Adjust your privacy settings to decide whether to show your timeline to others, or even share your progress on social networking sites!
If other Trainers choose to make their information public, you'll be able to check out what they've done. See how far other Trainers from around the world have gottenyou may even be able to help each other out with hints and advice!

According to the US website, in July, play in the 2013 Global Showdown, a Pokémon Global Link competition for those playing Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2. This will be the final competition hosted at the current PGL website!

Those who participate in this competition will receive priority opportunity to participate in a test competition featuringPokémon X and Pokémon Y, hosted at the new PGL website!

• Thumbs Up 1

The more or less confirmed rumours PSI posted were:

Pancham - the fighting Panda Pokemon that has already been revealed - will evolve into Pangoro in the early level 30s. Pangoro is a dark/fighting type Pokemon and you must have another Dark Pokemon in your party to initiate the evolution.

There is a new Pokemon called Inkay (the details of which were not included) that will evolve into another called Malimar. The interesting part of this rumour is that Inkay evolves by turning the 3DS upside down when it levels up. It's worth noting that Inkay and Malilmar backwards is Yakni and Ramilam - so 'Yak' and 'Ram', which does suggest they could be part of the same animal family.

A new Pokemon called Espurr (as in ESP + purr) will evolve into Meowstick (as in meow + mystic). These will likely be psychic type cats.

You will have two rivals in the game, one who is friendly and another who is competitive. You will receive the fully evolved starter Pokemon from your friendly rival after completing the game.

You can meet Professor Sycamore, who will give you a choice between Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle.

HMs still exist in Pokemon X and Y, but apparently they are fewer in number.

There will be a new move called Belch, which is a poison-type attack that can only be used if the Pokemon is holding a Berry. It has a base power of 120.

Draining Kiss is apparently a fairy-type attack - adding to the current rumour that a new type will be included in Pokemon X and Y and it will be fairy. This move will heal the user for as much damage as it deals and has a base attack of 60.

It has been suggested that Mewtwo will have two new Formes, one of which we have already seen. Where the current Forme resembles Mewtwo, this second new Forme is said to resemble Mew.

Again, I think it's pretty goddam safe to assume this is all confirmed stuff now given the recent reveals.

They can go fuck themselves if Mewtwo gets another form, especially if it looks like Mew.

Make new Pokemon and leave alone things that are perfectly fine the way they are.

They've left Mewtwo's original form plenty alone. You can just... use that?

That doesn't change the fact that they still created a new horrible form just for nostalgia whoring and now there are rumors about a second one.

I'll never be okay with this shit, but whatever, I can't do anything about it.

Edited by Tmsp

Grant is quite obviously a Rock type leader, Grant is just two letters off granite. 

Clemont...is harder to decipher based on what I know. Gut instinct say Electric. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

That doesn't change the fact that they still created a new horrible form just for nostalgia whoring and now there are rumors about a second one.

I'll never be okay with this shit, but whatever, I can't do anything about it.

Or maybe they're trying to actually make older legendaries relevant again rather than make up 11 or 12 new ones every gen and completely forget about past ones because that pisses people off.

• Thumbs Up 7

Or maybe they're trying to actually make older legendaries relevant again rather than make up 11 or 12 new ones every gen and completely forget about past ones because that pisses people off.

There are better ways to make them relevant than making unneeded new forms.

In my eyes, making old Pokémon look completly different for no reason isn't any better than making new unecessary ones.

Edited by Tmsp

I don't really see the big deal, in my eyes it's hardly different from introducing new evolutions to past Pokemon or inducting new forms on newer Pokemon. I personally like Mewtwo's new form and moreover I'm just glad they're bringing him back in the spotlight, due to being one of the few Pokemon who can be interpretated as actually evil and having an intriguing backstory.

• Thumbs Up 1

At least new evolutions tend to be stronger than the originals, so I guess if you don't like the design there's room to complain that the ugly new hotness overshadows the Pokemon it evolves from and that you feel pressured to use it. This alternate Mewtwo will probably have the same base stat total as the original, and it might well have some kind of gimmick ability that makes it harder to use just for the sake of differentiation, so that probably won't be an issue.

I just don't quite get why the mere association with a new form ruins the original Mewtwo. It's like... I really like Froslass, but I think Glalie's pretty terrible. The knowledge that Glalie exists and that my Snorunt could've turned into an awful hockey rice thing if I hadn't used a Dawn Stone on it doesn't make Froslass any worse.

I dunno.

Edited by Octarine

I've given up on caring about the Mewtwo shit. Still looks fucking stupid, but I probably wont be using it anyways, so meh.

So Pancham's evolution gets an attack boost from both it's Special Abillity and STABs? Won't that be kind of Overpowered?

OMG...Pancham is definitely going to be in my team! Especially when it evolves into a badass. <3 I like the squid Pokemon too because of their unique typing. The others are okay but man, dat Pangoro!

Am I the only expecting every Pangoro on the online battles to be named "Po"?

• Thumbs Up 3

As long as they make a snow leopard and peacock that I can name Tai-Lung and Lord Shen, sure why not.

DAMN YOU, I WAS GOING TO SAY "INB4 PO" just now D:<!

Po is from Kung Fu Panda.

I can only think of one other animated panda off the top of my head, but 'Sexual Harassment Pancham' doesn't exactly have a ring to it. =p

Edited by Pawn

I'm gonna be naming mine "Lao Jiu"

The reason?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXMcRsEUuXY

So I can finally shout out "HANDS OFF DA PANDA!" Alternately M.O.D.O.K. cause...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UleFJUi4gc4

TOO MANY PANDA REFERENCES CROW!

• Thumbs Up 2

Though to be honest, I will be disappointed if no one makes ones with "Panda King", "Sad Panda", and "Hei Bai" to name a few. And Chen Stormstout. BTW, guess where each of those names came from and win a like :D.

Edited by 743 ED Missile

I would probably name the panda "Jotaro". Or maybe "Bancho Panda". It would be like Sancho Panza, only less Spanish and more panda.

Though to be honest, I will be disappointed if no one makes ones with "Panda King", "Sad Panda", and "Hei Bai" to name a few. And Chen Stormstout. BTW, guess where each of those names came from and win a like biggrin.png.

Panda King? But Pangoro doesn't have a move that corresponds to fireworks and bombs, does it?

Panda King? But Pangoro doesn't have a move that corresponds to fireworks and bombs, does it?

Pangoro is a Panda, your argument is invalid...:D.

tree-pokemon.jpg

New Pokemon revealed from Pokebeach!

I KID YOU NOT

Live from Japan! A new tree-like Pokemon has been revealed in an X/Y commercial preceding Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening. It was brown and green like a tree's typical coloring but looked extremely menacing and spider-like. It was seen in a hoard battle. Myself, Gin, and some of our friends have made sketches of the new Pokemon and here's the best we could come up with for now (we ran out of the theater to post it).