Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I like wacky inanimate object 'mons, honestly. Some of their in-universe origins are kinda freaky though, I'd be really paranoid living in the Pokemon world because I'd always worry that something wacky would happen and suddenly MY COUCH IS ALIVE AND HAS INCREDIBLE STATS WHAT THE HELL.

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought Chandelure is really cool. First time I stuck a ghost type Pokemon in my team.

Oh yes, because a living ghost sword that takes the energy away from an unsuspecting human is so dumb. Gen 1 certainly didn't have any bad Pokemon, no sir.

100Voltorb.png

You know, I'm honestly surprised no one brought this guy up:

127Pinsir.png

Ugly as fuck.

Pinser looks awesome >:U

And are we seriously going to post pictures of gen 1 pokemon whenever someone doesn't like the design of a new pokemon? :U

• Thumbs Up 1

A sword possessed by a spirit  is one of the most common myths in Ghost stories and many video games in general so nothing wrong with that, my thoughts originally went to the Castlevania enemy Ruler Sword/Spectral Sword which is a fine example.

And the litwik line doesn't just represent Candles, but the lore of Will-o-Wisp, and Banette is a doll possessed by spirits which is yet another lore in the ghost world, Golette and Golurk being possessed suits of armor/statues. Their ain't anything wrong with these Ghost types if your actually familiar with the lure that surrounds them.

And YES, people are gonna post pics of Gen 1 pokemon whenever someones mocks a new Pokemon design, it's not like Gen 1 didn't have totally oddball pokemon designs itself. EVERY Generation has it's odd designs, but it's the Gen 1 Whiners that complain the most, blinded that a number of pokemon in Gen 1 itself weren't no better that some that would come. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pinser looks awesome >:U

And are we seriously going to post pictures of gen 1 pokemon whenever someone doesn't like the design of a new pokemon? :U

Only if people stopped treating Gen I and/or II as perfect...

Come on! Dunsparce! DUNSPARCE!!!!

But no one here is screaming "GEN 1 IS BEST". They're saying they don't like designs of certain Pokemon since Gen 5.

It comes across as people being an ass for the sake of being an ass and jumping to conclusions rather than anything else.

Edited by Lightning Mareon (Solkia)

I personally would've loved to have seen a Steel/Ghost Pokemon based off of a haunted suit of armor, like this incredibly awesome Fakemon

Armogeist_by_TheBlueFlames.jpg

That said, I do really like Honedge. A little part of it is due to my love of the Steel-type and unique and new type combinations.

It's more about a few specific problems people tend to have with certain newer Pokemon, particularly ones from Gen V, i.e. that it's dumb that they're based on inanimate objects or that they're too "weird".

In a lot of ways Gen V felt like it was intentionally trying to recapture some of Gen I's weirdness when it came to designs like that, so it's just kind of funny to see people decry how ~random~ Pokemon like Vanillite or Trubbish are when there's a substantial precedent.

Edited by Octarine

I personally don't like Honedge, although I'm not a fan of most steel types in general. Time to add it to the list of fire fodder along with the likes of Bisharp and Bronzong...

Do we know all of the type matchups for Fairy yet? Because if it's at any kind of disadvantage against Ghost...

Do we know all of the type matchups for Fairy yet? Because if it's at any kind of disadvantage against Ghost...

The rumor about the fairy types weaknesses are that it's weak to Steel and Poison.

You know, as much as I hate the little fuckers, my personal "what kind of Pokémon I want to see done" is a mosquito or any other blood-sucking bug Pokémon that could be Bug/Dark type.

I still want to see a giant creepy spider legie that has 8 (or more) legs.

I hate spiders, Pokémon has too many cute spiders with only 6 legs, give me something that looks insanely creepy and menacing please.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still waiting for a Lemur pokemon.

I don't care if it's base stats were worse than Magikarp. I'd still have one in my party.

Honedge looks familiar to me...

af569d0534ee41be12b490125a29f62d.jpg?137

Soul_Edge_%28SC5%29.jpg

Oh my god, do you realize what this means!? If Pokemon is doing a crossover with Soul Calibur...and Zelda (another Nintendo-owned franchise!!!) also did it that one time...

Pokemon/Zelda crossover confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 2

I still want to see a giant creepy spider legie that has 8 (or more) legs.

I hate spiders, Pokémon has too many cute spiders with only 6 legs, give me something that looks insanely creepy and menacing please.

6 legged spiders? But... but... spiders are arachnids... arachnids have 8 legs... how is this even possible?!

A Pokemon made of rubbish and ice cream I can just about accept, Game Freak - but when you start making SIX LEGGED SPIDERS and therefore tampering with THE VERY COURSE OF NATURE ITSELF... well, that's just too far!

Don't worry guys I'm not serious

• Thumbs Up 1

Honedge looks familiar to me...

af569d0534ee41be12b490125a29f62d.jpg?137

Soul_Edge_%28SC5%29.jpg

Oh my god, do you realize what this means!? If Pokemon is doing a crossover with Soul Calibur...and Zelda (another Nintendo-owned franchise!!!) also did it that one time...

Pokemon/Zelda crossover confirmed.

It's sheath reminds me of...

et89zc.png

• Thumbs Up 2

6 legged spiders? But... but... spiders are arachnids... arachnids have 8 legs... how is this even possible?!

A Pokemon made of rubbish and ice cream I can just about accept, Game Freak - but when you start making SIX LEGGED SPIDERS and therefore tampering with THE VERY COURSE OF NATURE ITSELF... well, that's just too far!

Don't worry guys I'm not serious

Ariados only has four legs if you don't count its leg-lookin' butt antennae.

Add me to the camp that wants a mosquito Pokemon next gen. Mosquitoes are super nifty, and it'd be nice to have a less embarrassingly weak alternative to Leech Life.

And on the subject of bugs, an addition or two to the Durant family wouldn't be amiss. Something to make it feel a little more like a proper social insect; a bulked-up soldier variant might be interesting, but even just a Vespiquen equivalent would be nice.

Looking at Animal Crosing for some ideas, what about a hammerhead shark? Or a saw shark? Or a sword fish?