Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

http://p.twipple.jp/PFowD

So how 'bout that Ghost/Steel type.

I think that a possessed sword is an interesting take, though the design of the sheath looks derpy. The eye in the sword reminds me of the Sword of Omens.

bishamonfire_zpsab975ef3.gif

Anyways I'm kind of disappointed by it but its still one of my favorites. I suppose I shouldn't had gotten my hopes up for a Eddie the Head or Bishamon expy but a giant floating ghost sword will work for me. It does remind me of a couple of things though, namely a lot of the ghost enemies from Castlevania.

But hey I got me a Ghost/Steel type and I'm happy with what I got.

http://youtu.be/tUYEfV4Q6xg

It's the first simultaneous global release for a Pokémon game, this means that people will start doing battles and trades at the same moment! I'm very excited at the idea to see this! Anyway, I recorded this message destined for the Nintendo stand of the Japan Expo in Paris to reveal a certain amount of information on Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. 

The action of the games will take place in Kalos, which is in reality inspired by France. I decided that one of the themes of the game would be beauty. While I was thinking about the place that better corresponded to this, one country came to my mind: the country that would be the most visited by tourists; the country of fashion and culinary sophistication; the country of linguistic refinement... France! By the way, Kalos is from ancient Greek and means "beauty".

The first time I went to France, it was in 2000, for the release of the first Pokémon movie. 10 years later, in 2010, I came back alone for a trip lasting a month after the end of the project Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version. I went to Paris, Avignon, Arles, Marseilles, Nice, Èze, Mont-Saint-Michel, the Palace of Versailles and the Châteaux of the Loire Valley. I found that everything was beautiful. Then, in 2011, new trip, serious and with all the team this time, to collect materials for work.

Illumis, the central city of Kalos, is inspired by Paris. Obviously, the entire team went there to make researches. The heart of France, it's really Paris! So we included Parisian elements everywhere. Of course, we didn't limit ourselves to Paris! We also took inspiration from Lyon and Reims, among others. Look carefully at the map of Kalos. All the way to the left, you should see some sorts of aligned rocks. I got the idea from Carnac. From Japan, it was impossible to find informations on the alignment of this city, so I went there with a guide.

During the trip, we were accompanied by two members of the French localization team for the game, so there wasn't any linguistic problem. But many times, I've been asked: "Aren't you Monsieur Masuda of Game Freak?" and I told myself "Crap, they're going to know that the game is based on France!" Warning: it's not because Kalos is inspired by France that it's a reproduction of reality. We created a new world, and I hope that it will please you.

There is obviously going to be a lot of new Pokémon in this region. Twenty have already been presented. Now that I'm at it, I will reveal one more for you. Its French name is Monorpale, its Japanese name Hitotsuki. This Pokémon of the Steel/Ghost type presents itself under the form of a sword containing an antique soul. There are only three months remaining before the release of the games. In order to not reveal everything and that everyone can discover what they have to offer in October, I will stop here. Hold your breath!

Oh yes, before I forget, one last little thing. The Pokémon Amie! It's a new feature we've worked a lot on. I hope that it will please you. Personally, I love tickling my Pikachu. On this note, good bye everyone!

Skip to 3:50

Edited by Son1ctrainer

Has there ever been a Ghost/Steel Pokemon? If not then cool...I want a Fire/Water type Pokemon now.

I actually REALLY like that sword pokemon, and the cool typing is just sugar coating for me. Some reason doesn't seem like it'll be evolving to me, but I really hope they play up its uniqueness, such as being unsheathed boosts speed but lowers defense, and vise versa if the sheath is on.

Definitely one I want on my team~

I really like that sword 'mon, and the typing is neat. Might give it a shot on my team!

I actually REALLY like that sword pokemon, and the cool typing is just sugar coating for me. Some reason doesn't seem like it'll be evolving to me, but I really hope they play up its uniqueness, such as being unsheathed boosts speed but lowers defense, and vise versa if the sheath is on.

Definitely one I want on my team~

Ooo, I like this idea. A key item or maybe an Ability that could change its forms would be cool.

I just love the blue and gray/black color scheme of Hitotsuki. That's pretty much my favorite color combination ever, so it's a favorite of mine by default.

I wonder if it'll be the only non-Legendary Pokemon capable of learning Sword of Justice, similar to how Lucario and Togekiss were the only non-Legendaries who could learn Aura Sphere for a time.

Edited by Joshua

I've always been very accepting of the newer Pokemon designs before, but this is where I draw the line.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen since Garbador.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just realized, what if you can come across a horde of Graveller all knowing self destruct?

They'll create a nuke that'll erease half of Kalos from existance

I've always been very accepting of the newer Pokemon designs before, but this is where I draw the line.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen since Garbador.

I don't know why this is where you draw the line. It seems kind of arbitrary considering Gen 5 had the ice cream and the rubbish bag and the bunch'a gears Pokemon. Not that I consider that a bad thing, it adds variety compared to all the animals and Japanese demons and stuff.

Also Honedge is an awesome name.

The design itself also reminds me of the fancy Castlevania swords, I'm really liking it.

Now in before they make it really fucking late so there's no point in using it like Golurk and Bouffalant and Bisharp and Durant.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Honedge looks cool to me. I'm just impressed they're continuing to give Ghost-types some diverse types like they did in Gens 4 and 5.

It seems Ghosts are the most popular for this kind of thing given how much Japanese folklore/ghost stories there must be for inspiration.

Edited by DarkLight

Holy balls, Honedge looks awesome! And it even removes its scabbard to fight in battles? Now that's an attention to detail I like.

I also appreciate how they're essentially saying "the sword itself isn't the Pokemon, it's the spirit inside it". Which makes it seem a lot less stupid. Now we've just got to assume spirits decided to possess garbage bags and ice creams in Gen V and things start to make a bit more sense.

Seriously who thought Trubbish was a good idea

I don't mind Trubbish that much, the Vanillite family is quite annoying though.

That music is so good, I'm glad it's taking more influence from Gen 1's battle themes because Gen 5's music was such a bore.

But at least Muk is just a pile of shit.

Trubbish may have Tampons and baby diapers and stuff in it :C

ftr I like both of them

I don't see why, with the insane number of Pokemon, that certain designs are "off limits" just because they're not animals or mythological creatures. Besides, it's funny to have a ice cream Pokemon, not all the Pokemon are "serious", that's been true from the start. We've had magnets from the start, but rubbish bags? Oh no, can't have that!

What annoyed me about Gen 5 was that a lot of Pokemon seemed to have 3 stage evolutions just for the sake of bumping up the Pokedex numbers. I think Vannilite, Solosis and Klink could have easily gone with just 2 stage evos.

• Thumbs Up 3

Honedge looks pretty cool to me; in concept it's not too far off from Cofagrigus or Golett. It looks a bit Wind Waker-y.

Y'know, it might be cool to get a Slowbro-ish fusion evolution for Golett where it turns into kind of a skinnier golem that wields a Honedge. Or you could give one to Farfetch'd, I guess.

...dammit, now I kind of want to see a Pokemon that can also be used as a held item somehow. It's the final frontier for gimmicks!

The worst-looking Gen VI Pokemon we've seen, as far as I'm concerned, is still that buttfaced lion cub. I'm getting more used to it and it's pretty likely to evolve into something decent, but still. Even for a concept as standard as "fire lion", it's pretty dull. It's just brown and butt.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 2

I like Vanillite a lot :c it's not an ice cream, it's a stalactite with snow on top of it that looks like an ice cream.

They hang from the top of icy caverns and their face appears when they unbury themselves.

Doesn't anyone else think that's really clever? No?

I like trubbish. it's a trash bag that looks like a bloated rat, which is very fitting

Oh yes, because a living ghost sword that takes the energy away from an unsuspecting human is so dumb. Gen 1 certainly didn't have any bad Pokemon, no sir.

100Voltorb.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not the biggest fan of Voltorb, but I like it as a riff on the standard Mimic enemy type. I'm not sure we needed a second one in Foongus, though.

If there's one "weird" Gen V Pokemon I never really liked, it's the Klink family. The gear concept could've made for something really great, but instead it's just kind of... gears. That's all it is. No real personality, just a floating spinning thing.

Okay, sorry. It's fine if you don't like Honedge, but if it seriously draws the line for you, you need to look some of the Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon.