Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Hmmm.....Might explain why this Mewtwo has a different voice than the old Mewtwo, not to mention the new form.

The inconsistencies of a cloning process is the last thing I would be concerned about in a universe where a 2 foot tall mouse can produce electricity, let alone enough of it to make an 8-foot tall dragon unconscious in one shot, a 4-armed humanoid can punch an object straight to the moon, a flying lizard can breathe fire hot enough to melt boulders, a lava slug has a body temperature hotter than the surface of the sun, a balloon can transport children to the netherworld by just its strings, and a mummy creature is born every time a human dies.

• Thumbs Up 1

The inconsistencies of a cloning process is the last thing I would be concerned about in a universe where a 2 foot tall mouse can produce electricity, let alone enough of it to make an 8-foot tall dragon unconscious in one shot, a 4-armed humanoid can punch an object straight to the moon, a flying lizard can breathe fire hot enough to melt boulders, a lava slug has a body temperature hotter than the surface of the sun, a balloon can transport children to the netherworld by just its strings, and a mummy creature is born every time a human dies.

Don't forget about the myths of Hippno.

And that's why the "plot" of Pokémon never changes. "Its a world full of magical animals, so we don't have to explain shit."

Seriously, Mewtwo was a "failed" experiement created by some scientists controled by Team Rocket, he went crazy, killed them all and ran away.

After all the stuff in the first movie, he erased everyones memorie's except Ash's or some shit. The end.

Unless someone found some information about him (even if everything was burned in the accident), its impossible to create one that looks just like the "original".

If the new Mewtwo was just the new form I could understand, but they had to make him looks exactly like the original one for the sake of nostalgia whoring.

Of course this only applies if it really is indeed a new Mewtwo.

Edited by Tmsp

Seriously, Mewtwo was a "failed" experiement created by some scientists controled by Team Rocket, he went crazy, killed them all and ran away.

After all the stuff in the first movie, he erased everyones memorie's except Ash's or some shit. The end.

Well technically not, Mewtwo Returns was a canon sequel to the first movie and in that he let Ash n co retain their memories of him.

Anyway maybe it's got moreso to do with tying it in with the new game!Mewtwo, I'm assuming XY will do at least something plotty with it.. but either way I still think it's lame that any remaining anime canon is always so crapped on.

You beat me too it.

Hopefully this series turns out better than the Black and White series. 

Eh, Black and White wasn't so bad, it had relativley consistent quality throughout of what ive seen, but the quality itself has been pretty average (for everything it does right like Team Rocket's level in badass, it does another thing wrong like the entire Pokemon League).

The funny thing is, usually, the Leagues are the best part of the anime, at least in terms of really well done battles. Best Wishes was the first time the League was pretty terrible, imo. Hopefully the filler arc's League/whatever is good (probably will be, the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier were pretty damn good and even let Ash win!! whoa!!!!), as well as the next region's.

Honestly I missed when Ash was struggling to even get a gym badge.

Yes I'm referring to his matches with Sabrina. But I mean come on. Ash wasn't damn near invincible against anyone back then and now he practically wears plot armor. Matches like Sabrina's really make Ash seem more like he's fighting for a lot and isn't that boring.

...Damn. We're talking about the anime in the X and Y topic again aren't we? Oh well. Its not like we're getting news anyways.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly I missed when Ash was struggling to even get a gym badge.

Yes I'm referring to his matches with Sabrina. But I mean come on. Ash wasn't damn near invincible against anyone back then and now he practically wears plot armor. Matches like Sabrina's really make Ash seem more like he's fighting for a lot and isn't that boring.

Those Gym battles also made Ash look like a complete idiot who didn't know what he was doing, I attribute Ash winning by his own with a sign of at least some form a development on his part, showing he's not the total noob he started out as. Also, have you seen Ash lately? Dude still has his fair share of losses (especially in them Pokemon Leagues), they just aren't monumentally embarrassing ones and when he wins of Gym battles it's out of strategy and skill rather than luck or pity like most of his Kanto battles save for Blaine (though that was half luck because Charizard finally decided to give a shit) and Lt Surge.

Edited by Soniman

The Global Link has updated with an notice regarding the Pokémon Global Link. First, the Global Link will open up for a special X & Y version on October 12th 2013, after a 12 day long maintenance from the start of October. However, from October 12th 2013, various Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 features will go offline. 

• Putting a Pokémon to sleep will go offline on December 10th 2013. 
  • The trial version of the Dream World will go offline on October 12th 2013, as will new user registration. 
  • The GTS tracking for Gen V ends on January 14th 2014 and Rating Mode on Random Matchup goes offline on January 14th 2014. 
  • The ability to do WiFi Memory Link in Black 2 & White 2 also goes offline on January 14th 2014.
  • C-Gear, Musical and Pokédex Skin changing deactivates on January 14th.
  • Waking up your Pokémon to get items and Pokémon also deactivates on January 14th. You will be able to wake your Pokémon up from the game side at any time, but the ability to do so from the Global Link deactivates on January 14th
However, using the GTS in the games, Free Rating in the Random Matchup and all the other in-game online features will continue. It's currently unclear what features the new Global Link will have but when we have these details, they'll be posted

I understand that they're probably preparing a system to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 to Gen 6, but it kinda sucks that some of the old features will be removed and new players won't be able to experience the Flashbacks, catch N's Pokemon, or not complete their Medals collection in the future.

Why does Ash still exist? He's an annoying, useless fucker, who needs to be removed from the show, or reduced to cameos. I see no reason why this prick needs to be the focal point of every new series....

• Thumbs Up 9

I understand that they're probably preparing a system to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 to Gen 6, but it kinda sucks that some of the old features will be removed and new players won't be able to experience the Flashbacks, catch N's Pokemon, or not complete their Medals collection in the future.

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous imo, is this kind of thing really impossible with minimal WiFi? I thought Memory Link only needed copies of the games :c sigh.

Why does Ash still exist? He's an annoying, useless fucker, who needs to be removed from the show, or reduced to cameos. I see no reason why this prick needs to be the focal point of every new series....

He's been around this long, I guess he's seen as the face of Pokemon right next to Pikachu, so unless they end his story in a fantastical manner, he's not going anywhere. Find by me anyway, I don't utterly despise Ash like most people do, because other than his losing/winning streak  I find nothing really hateable about him.

It's not as though the anime would be likely to magically improve without Ash anyway as long as the same production staff was working on it under the same basic limitations. It's a dirt-cheap show that has to run indefinitely, and it's probably under some kind of mandate to be as generic and inoffensive as possible to maximize its potential as a marketing vehicle.

It's not as though the anime would be likely to magically improve without Ash anyway as long as the same production staff was working on it under the same basic limitations. It's a dirt-cheap show that has to run indefinitely, and it's probably under some kind of mandate to be as generic and inoffensive as possible to maximize its potential as a marketing vehicle.

And it is this, that saddens me.

Thinking about the Fairy-type after a recent conversation on Twitter...

Do you think the type could of added another type weakness? Personally I feel the Dark type can add onto its weaknesses. Like, Fairy is super-effective against Dragon, which is pretty much the 'god among mortal types' when the Psychic-type was nerfed. It can add more of a coverage for Dark-types as well for what apparently the Fairy-type is 'base-breaking' to some people.

If they got rid of Ash, the famous Pikachu everyone loves would probably go away as well, since I don't see him handing it off to a new character and so forth. Aside from that I don't think the replacement would be much different: some happy-go-lucky good-doer who's determined to win and catch all the Pokemon, while learning junk along the way. It's basically just be Ash 2.0 anyways XD.

I'd much rather have a new show actually. Something along the lines of that Black and White 2 animation would've been godtier and definitely appeal to the large older fan base.

Thinking about the Fairy-type after a recent conversation on Twitter...

Do you think the type could of added another type weakness? Personally I feel the Dark type can add onto its weaknesses. Like, Fairy is super-effective against Dragon, which is pretty much the 'god among mortal types' when the Psychic-type was nerfed. It can add more of a coverage for Dark-types as well for what apparently the Fairy-type is 'base-breaking' to some people.

That's a good question honestly. I'd love to see Dark type get another thing it's strong against, since for some reason a lot of Pokemon I tend to like are dark or part dark and haven't really found them that effective against many things. I could definitely see it being weak against Dark.

Though I think something that would make this extremely interesting if it was weak against Normal typing. Not sure if that'd suddenly make Fairy type useless as fuck or not, but I think would be an interesting twist anyways, and give normal type Pokemon something *shrugs*
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd much rather have a new show actually. Something along the lines of that Black and White 2 animation would've been godtier and definitely appeal to the large older fan base.

Pokemon Special: The Animation.

Why this is still not a thing is a question for the ages.

Because 1) the unremarkable "He-Man-says-ths-is-a-sell-out" animé is doing too good on it's own, and 2) this is the mindset of everyone involved in it:

Why bother trying to make a new fresh story when...

Edited by Spin Attaxx

PokeSpe: the Anime (or at least a show similar in style, writing, etc.) would be kinda cool.

I can only really see it happening if the current show ends, though, which isn't going to happen. *shrug*

Pokéspe kinda jumped a few too many sharks anyway.

I'd much rather they make a completely new anime that focuses and expands heavily on game-verse.

Edited by SuperLink

A Pokemon Adventures anime would be AMAZING! I would totally watch it, even if it runs for hundreds of episodes like One Piece or Naruto. It would be so much better than the current anime.

I don't understand why they have to keep Ash. I know he's the face of Pokemon and all (together with Pikachu) but I want to see someone new! Why couldn't they do the same as Yu-Gi-Oh! or Digimon where each season has different characters? At least it'll make the anime less of a bore fest.

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't understand why they have to keep Ash. I know he's the face of Pokemon and all (together with Pikachu) but I want to see someone new! Why couldn't they do the same as Yu-Gi-Oh! or Digimon where each season has different characters? At least it'll make the anime less of a bore fest.

They did it once and just look how well it turned out.

6Dafgi8.png