Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

They did it once and just look how well it turned out.

6Dafgi8.png

So your using a one off special to prove a point. Had this Jimmy/Ethan appeared more than once I would agree with you.

So I can't collect all medals in my Black 2 because of DW shutting down? Great! Just great! >_>"

I don't understand why they have to keep Ash. I know he's the face of Pokemon and all (together with Pikachu) but I want to see someone new! Why couldn't they do the same as Yu-Gi-Oh! or Digimon where each season has different characters? At least it'll make the anime less of a bore fest.

Agreed.  They really need a new protagonist because quite frankly Ash is very tiresome.  He's gone through 6 regions (including Orange Islands) over the space of almost 2 decades of shows and he has hardly developed at all as a character or a trainer.  He almost progressed in Sinnoh, deciding for the Pokemon League to actually keep revolving through a large selection of the Pokemon that he had caught across the regions and only losing to some stupid OP as fuck trainer with his Darkrai (seriously, what an ass pull).  And then you get to Unova first gym for example and his Pikachu, the same Pikachu that beat a LATIOS (well granted both knocked each other out but still my point still stands) loses to a fucking PANPOUR without even landing a single solid hit.  HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?  There is no justification to that.  Not to mention him actually placing worse in the Pokemon League in Unova than he did in Sinnoh.

Really what I want to see is Ash finally winning the Pokemon League and them starting afresh with a new trainer years later.  Ash is a man and has finally become a Pokemon Master, wandering the world with his trusted Pikachu and working as a sort of mentor for a new trainer.  The new trainer I feel should also still have his own Pikachu as well (Pikachu I feel is a fundamental part of the show and the mascot of the series) partially just to see what kind of interaction that Pikachu would have with Ash's older, wiser Pikachu.

Oh and also, Ash being canonically older would destroy those silly fan theories about 'OMG ASH IN COMA'

• Thumbs Up 6

qY5jfpP.png

Not sure if this is real or fake...

Hope to god it's real

• Thumbs Up 1

It ain't real till we see it posted on one of the reliable Pokemon sites like Serebii.

qY5jfpP.png

Holy crap!

That looks pretty awesome. I hope it is official. *crosses fingers*

Nintendo.

Wanna make a lot of money and expand your 3DS base?

Make these available to the US and Europe too, as you're doing in Japan:

1017630_479283058824653_745592629_n.jpg

Think about it. Actually no, don't think about it. Just do it. Fortune favors the bold.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 6

qY5jfpP.png

For some reason that face reminds me of Excadrill

Nintendo.

Think about it. Actually no, don't think about it. Just do it. Fortune favors the bold.

That feeling of already owning a 3DS and seeing this cooler, prettier looking one being made available and you're just like

Edited by Rusty Spy

And to think, I was about to go by myself a 3DS XL earlier today, but I got hungry and went to eat instead and then got too lazy to go to Target and buy it. Then these beauties show up. Come on summer hurry up and end! Nobody likes you and your heat, mosquitos and spiders!

Edited by Fluttershy

Those are pretty snazzy, but I think I'm content with my Animal Crossing XL haha.

That image there though, while I never give any leaks any ounce of my hype until it's confirmed with Pokemon since there's so many fakes, I gotta say I'd really be ok with that one. Chespin has been my least favorite of the 3, and if it's final evolution is truly that, then holy tits yes please. Still doesn't beat Fennekin, but if that was it, at this moment not seeing Froakie's final, I'd choose it second over the frog haha.

New Japanese trailer with a lot of new footage;

Wild and Trainer music also included I think. The cries still sound the same.. and I'm guessing Pokémon-Amie is the only thing with lower quality music. Oh yeah and Pikachu is "pika-ing" a lot in the Pokémon-Amie bit, was that just for the trailer or will it "pika" ingame?? Only time will tell.

• Thumbs Up 2

dat battle theme

dat pokemon stadium arena for multiplayer

dat 5 on 1

I fucking want this game. Definately buying a copy of each version.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://p.twipple.jp/PFowD

So how 'bout that Ghost/Steel type.

I think that a possessed sword is an interesting take, though the design of the sheath looks derpy. The eye in the sword reminds me of the Sword of Omens.

The music sounds great and the battles don't seem to be THAT slow. In a way these games remind me more of the 5th gen games than any before it, which is fine by me as I loved 5th gen. From 5th gen onwards the games seem to be getting much more inspired, which I felt was lacking in 4th gen.

Also Ghost/Steel is going to be a fucking nightmare to kill if you don't have a Fire type. Especially if they give it Levitate, which seems likely to me considering how many Ghost types have it. Though... how do we know it's Ghost/Steel?

On a side note...

>level 50 Hydreigon
>maybe obtainable for us this time instead of NPC only
>hory sheet
>or early level 8 Axew which would be pointless as it evolves late anyway but still
>possible Gallade in this game

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just so long as the region itself isn't Gen5 inspired.. Gen5's region was like going on a guided tour of bridges while being constantly reminded to not take any detours. dry.png

Unova was boring as hell as a region to explore.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also Ghost/Steel is going to be a fucking nightmare to kill if you don't have a Fire type. Especially if they give it Levitate, which seems likely to me considering how many Ghost types have it. Though... how do we know it's Ghost/Steel?

Serebii said it is one (well, Steel/Ghost...)

BTW, in French it's "Monorpale" and in Japanese it's "Hitotsuki".

Ghost/Steel huh? If that thing has levitate then it will be the first pokemon with four immunities.

I wouldn't count on the sword fella having Levitate. Even if its animation has it kind of floating, it'd be really silly not to give it an ability that has something to do with blades.

(my example was going to be Hyper Cutter, but apparently in Japanese that's actually supposed to be a specifically claw-related ability and eeehh)

My favourite thing about the new trailer was that Tauros/Miltank swarm (or... stampede?). Seeing those two together is always cute, and I guess it's nice to know that those mass attacks won't always be five of the exact same thing.

Edited by Octarine

I just realized, what if you can come across a horde of Graveller all knowing self destruct?

Self-Destruct and Explosion got nerfed in Gen 5, but holy shit if there were five of them, and they had Sturdy as well with Gen 5's mechanics...

Nintendo.

They have X or Y pre-installed apparently, which sucks big time for me though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone know what their talking about on the reservation thing, I already pre-order the game at gamestop months ago, or are they just refering to Japanese folks.

Cause I hope I didn't waste my money.