Awoo.

The Assassin's Creed Topic - Vive les assassins! Vive la France!

Speederino

So why have one game secretly in the works... when you can have two?

vqs2gurs.jpg

No idea if thats genuine. It originated here and considering how leaky Ubi have been with the AC news lately...

• Thumbs Up 1

Could be another PS Vita game for this year. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It could be that, I suppose, but the image in the background there hardly looks promising in that regard.

The image in the back has jaggies in places and with the resolution, as Patticus pointed out, I'm leaning more towards it being a PS Vita title. 

recently been leaked, perhaps it is a vita game tie-in to Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag.

has recently been leaked, perhaps it is a vita game tie-in to Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag.

That's exactly what the past few posts have all been about.

It would be lovely to see the next Vita spin-off take us to colonial South/Central America. I mean, if it's going to be to AC4 what Liberation was to AC3.

That's exactly what the past few posts have all been about.

Then it would appear that I'm too slow.

It would be lovely to see the next Vita spin-off take us to colonial South/Central America. I mean, if it's going to be to AC4 what Liberation was to AC3.

Well Ubisoft did say they were pleased with the amount of sales Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation made so they wouldn't discount the Vita.

Edited by Kareemadeem

A little off topic but is the topic name going to be turned back to normal any time soon? It's taking up loads of my notification space.

One trailer does not a game make. Of course it'll be about more than just that.

I know it was gonna be more than that... Man, I was just jokin.

A little off topic but is the topic name going to be turned back to normal any time soon? It's taking up loads of my notification space.

Oopsy daisy! Of course, I'll turn it back down.

Wasn't there something about Rising Phoenix having Ubisoft's animation studio on it? I may be wrong but I'm sure there was a rumour that it would be like Embers.

So... anyone else think this game is getting a bit silly with its prelaunch hype?

Theres adverts on TV for it.

My local gamestation has a 10ft long banner inside the store. There are flags showing the games logo outside of the store, there are jolly roger flags everywhere. All the staff are wearing Black Flag T-shirts and one guy was even wearing an eye patch and an AC4 hat.

You would be forgiven for thinking it was out tomorrow, yet these are just for pre-orders. Is anyone elses store like this? Or is it just tied to the 'flagship ones'... .. .... I have just realised the poetic irony there... or something or other.

My god, really?

I feel odd to say this, but considered all the factors, i fear Ubisoft is transforming quickly in what EA and Activion are now.

• Thumbs Up 2

My god, really?

I feel odd to say this, but considered all the factors, i fear Ubisoft is transforming quickly in what EA and Activion are now.

Sadly I am starting to agree with you. The one company that could have been on top with this series, is slowly being corrupted by the ways of Activision and EA.

Assassin's Creed is the only game series they have which could rival the big boys of ActivEA, so I say let them have their fun. For now.

Edit: There's a new leaked image for Rising Phoenix out:

Assassins-Creed-Rising-Phoenix-600x337.j

I swear to god, if this Vita title is in China - and it sounds like it will - I'm probably going to break something.

I've wanted a Chinese Assassin's Creed, and now there's the chance I have to wait even longer to get a new handheld system before getting the game...

We have two modern day images and near-confirmed suspicions that it'll be on the Vita. It doesn't sound like it'll be set anywhere just yet. tongue.png

I'd like to hope that Rising Phoenix refers to the Assassin order; out of the ashes of the virtually defeated order of the early 21st century, arises a Phoenix-like Assassin order, confounding the ascendant Templars at every turn. Or something. Unless the Phoenix is a Chinese symbol and the game will be based around the resurgence of the Assassin order there a couple of centuries after Ezio's time.

Something with a Phoenix is usually associated with Asian mythology. Not that the Phoenix doesn't exist in other cultures, but it's more know to be Asian, which is why I'm strongly assuming it's in China.

It could be Japan, in which I still say it's disappointing.

It would be nice to be in China, I was looking at a picture of Chinese houses, and said to myself: "It would be awesome to climb these buildings in a later Assassin's Creed game!"