Awoo.

The Assassin's Creed Topic - Vive les assassins! Vive la France!

Speederino

Wow they must be making incredible profit from this franchise, because they are releasing sequels (a game pretty much every year) like the fucking plague.

At least they have a chance to give us a far better product than Assassin's Creed 3, which was a mess (IMO) in terms of design and controls. I want a game to match the quality of Assassin's Creed 2 please Ubisoft.

I would actually be happy for Ubisoft to delay the new game by six months so that we can get a much better product. tongue.png  Releasing so many new titles so quickly does have me worried.

Edited by -Bender-

I would actually be happy for Ubisoft to delay the new game by six months so that we can get a much better product. tongue.png  Releasing so many new titles so quickly does have me worried.

They probably have different teams working on the different games, like what happens with Call of Duty, where they rotate every year and each game gets two years+ in development.

*sigh*

Give the series a little rest, eh, Ubisoft? We don't need a new title every year.

Couldn't agree less :P

I'd happily have a new AC title every month....hell...every week

I don't understand why the game title is numbered and has a subtitle. Given the protagonist's relation to Haytham and Connor and the dominance this time of naval warfare gameplay, the IV should be dropped.

*sigh*

Give the series a little rest, eh, Ubisoft? We don't need a new title every year. And the whole exclusive content thing is bullshit.

The people who were making it have gone on record hoping that the series might be given a little rest, even going as far as telling the press they were having a break. Their bosses, probably swayed by the Ubisoft accountants, disagreed. Personally, I would agree with you about not needing a new title every year if the games seemed to genuinely suffer from it, but they don't (to me, at least), so as long as the series' quality is maintained, it's all good.

Also yeah, I hate how Sony continues to insist that it's entitled to extra stuff. The fuck it is. Moneyhatting bastards.

The quality of the games doesn't suffer usually (though for whatever reason Revelations did feel short and rushed) but to me the series feels over saturated. I think they'd benefit from at least giving us one extra year between releases.

Edited by Blue Blood

Well, with the PS4 and Next Xbox coming out late this year in all likelihood, and this probably being the last PS360 AC game, I can't see them pumping out a brand new AC game for a couple of years yet. I would think that the Wii U might get a spin-off or two in the meantime, perhaps a port of Liberation, maybe a sequel too, but if I was Ubisoft I would want my first PS4/Next Xbox exclusive AC game to be as big a gaming revelation as the original AC was in its day, and that means spending more than a year working on perhaps a brand new game engine, if not just a very heavily modified version of the last one.

I fear that the Wii U, after AC4, will be neglected as far as AC games go, but I can see it working very well with them too. I hope Nintendo pours on the honey and nabs it some sort of continuing relationship with it and other game series', because I'd hate for them to go the way of, say, Burnout on the GCN, once the other next gen consoles have arrived. sad.png

For the new page: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag confirmed for PC, PS3, Wii U and 360, box art released

The publisher said in a statement to VG247, “We confirm that Ubisoft will announce all the details of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on Monday March 4th at 5pm GMT.

It also sent us the game’s pack-shots, which we reported on this morning.

The images confirm that Black Flag is coming to Wii U and that the PS3 edition contains over 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay.

hnbqlGU.jpg

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/28/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-confirmed-full-reveal-next-week/

Ahaha, come the fuck on

http://www.vgleaks.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-presented-ubisoft-still-holds-an-ac-surprise/

But that’s not all. As we titled, Ubi holds a surprise regarding the franchise. We can confirm there’s another game in development that has not been announced. Weird thing is ‘Black Flag” not coming for Playstation 4 and Durango so… could we see that rumored WWII scenario coming true at next gen systems this year? Nah, too hasty. Bet for a Vita one in 2013

We’ll have to wait a little more, but this year we’ll see two AC games, that’s for sure.

I don't understand why the game title is numbered and has a subtitle. Given the protagonist's relation to Haytham and Connor and the dominance this time of naval warfare gameplay, the IV should be dropped.

I too am a bit confused as to why it needs to be numbered and subtitled... unless AC4 is going to be released in parts... oh geez..

If it was going to be episodic, it wouldn't be seeing retail release; download only would be the order of the day. Ergo, you wouldn't have box art.

I vote for this to be the official AC4 theme.

Incidentally, go play a naval mission in AC3, turn off the in-game music, and listen to this. You will have feels.

• Thumbs Up 1

More like this, because this is about as seriously as I took this new instalment when I first heard.

Then again AC3 brought in the whole Ship sailing/battle system so I can't say I'm surprised about this being next, it's like Ubi were testing the waters (no pun intended) with AC3 and the ship sailing system in preparation for...Well, this.

Edited by Miss Lightning Bolt
  • Thumbs Up 6

I was going to suggest this:

But then I heard that Alestorm 'You Are A Pirate' cover and about fell off the chair in my head imaginarily laughing. Good stuff.

Seriously though, this game it needs a lot more sea shanties than AC3, and some proper overworld music for exploring to. Bear McReary could do an excellent OST for this game, I think he should be brought in.

• Thumbs Up 2

I honestly wonder if the modern day plot will be involved in this, given the situation introduced in 3.I also have to wonder what major events and locations will be in this....

Ubisoft is really milking it now!

Now my expectations have sunk even lower, at least, for the series as a whole. I'm still clinging onto a little thread of hope for Black Flag, probably because I just really want to see how it pans out.

I honestly wonder if the modern day plot will be involved in this, given the situation introduced in 3.I also have to wonder what major events and locations will be in this....

Ubisoft would like to present to you Assassin's Creed VIII where you play in modern times and all of the templars are running for president of the US.

Edited by Toast

I also have to wonder what major events and locations will be in this....

This would normally be the part where I write an essay detailing everything that happened in the Caribbean during the early 18th century. But I know nothing about the Caribbean during the 18th century.

Uh...CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW!!!

tumblr_m8w127x5BZ1rx3n09o1_500.gif

Darn, I had a lot of fun speculating and over-analyzing everything last time.

EDIT:

...Wait a second.

Many rumors point to a set on 1715 and Connor’s grandfather (or even father) as the main character.

Haytham_Kenway_texrip.png

hnbqlGU.jpg

NOPE I SEE NO DIFFERENCE. Really though, did they even LOOK at the cover art?

Edited by Speederino

I also have to wonder what major events and locations will be in this....

The game's locations appear to be primarily based in the western Caribbean; Cuba, Jamaica, the Bahamas, the southern tip of Florida. This area was dominated by the Spanish (in Cuba, Florida etc) and the British (Jamaica, the Bahamas, the Caymans), so it is those two empires we'll be interacting with in this game. The eastern half of the Caribbean at this time was controlled by the French and British, though the Spanish and Dutch also had colonies in the area. Given that the game world map hasn't included the eastern half of the Caribbean, it may be safe to say that that region won't be the game's focus. Expect the French and Dutch to be only peripherally present, if at all.

Events in and after 1715 that we may see or hear about include (courtesy of Wikipedia):

See:

- A Spanish treasure fleet of 10 ships under General Don Juan Ubilla leaves Havana, Cuba for Spain. Seven days later, nine of them sink in a storm off the coast of Florida (some centuries later, treasure salvage is found from these wrecks).

- The English pirate Edward Teach (aka 'Blackbeard') is given command of a sloop in the Bahamas

– The Whydah Gally, flagship of "Black Sam" Bellamy, is wrecked in a storm off Wellfleet, Massachusetts. The Whydah sinks with a reputed four and a half tons of treasure on board, and all but two of her crew are lost, including Bellamy.

- Crews on two ships commanded by Benjamin Hornigold and Edward Teach attack and capture the British-built French Guineaman Concorde in the eastern Caribbean. Hornigold soon accepts a British amnesty for all pirates, but Teach rejects it and subsequently becomes known as Blackbeard.

- Blackbeard teams up with Stede Bonnet but later takes his ship and demotes Bonnet to guest. The Queen Anne's Revenge and Revenge take several ships as prizes in the Caribbean. Blackbeard eventually adds two more ships to his party and sails north to the North American coast.

- English pirate Blackbeard leads 400 sailors in four ships to blockade the port of Charleston, South Carolina. The Queen Anne's Revenge and Adventure are both lost at Beaufort Inlet, North Carolina, a week later. Blackbeard allows Stede Bonnet to command the Revenge (which is renamed the Royal James) once again. Bonnet rescues 25 sailors abandoned by Blackbeard on a sandbar and continues his life of piracy.

Hear About:

- The Province of Carolina goes to war with the Yamasee Native Americans.

– Tuscarora War: The Tuscarora and their allies sign a peace treaty with the Province of Carolina and agree to move to a reservation near Lake Mattamuskeet, effectively ending the Tuscarora War. Large numbers of Tuscarora subsequently move to New York.

– A total solar eclipse is seen across southern England, Sweden and Finland (the last total eclipse visible in London for almost 900 years).

– The first of the major Jacobite Rebellions in Scotland against the rule of King George I of Great Britain breaks out. The Earl of Mar raises the standard of James Edward Stuart and marches on Edinburgh. James, the son of the deposed King James VII, arrives from France.

- Battle of Preston: Government forces defeat the Jacobite incursion at the conclusion of a five-day siege and action.

– Third Barrier Treaty signed by Britain, the Holy Roman Empire and the Dutch Republic

– The Tugaloo Massacre changes the course of the Yamasee War.

– Battle of Petrovaradin: 83,300 Austrian troops of Prince Eugene of Savoy defeat 150,000 Ottoman Turks under Silahdar Damat Ali Pasha (who is killed).

– Spain unites its South American colonies as the Viceroyalty of New Granada.

– France declares war on Spain, leading to the 2-year War of the Quadruple Alliance.

- New Orleans, Louisiana, is founded.

– Battle of Cape Passaro: a Spanish fleet is defeated by the British Royal Navy under Admiral George Byng off Capo Passero, Sicily, a prelude to the War of the Quadruple Alliance.

– Stede Bonnet and his crew are captured near the mouth of the Cape Fear River and taken to Charleston, South Carolina, where they are tried for piracy. All but four are found guilty and sentenced to death.

– Stede Bonnet escapes from prison.

– Citing violations of the amnesty agreement with Blackbeard, Virginia Governor Alexander Spottswood sends a Royal Navy contingent to North Carolina, where they battle Blackbeard and his crew in Ocracoke Inlet. Blackbeard is killed in action after receiving five musketball wounds and twenty sword lacerations.

– Stede Bonnet is hanged at Charleston after being recaptured.

– The Holy Roman Empire, Kingdom of Great Britain and Dutch Republic join the Kingdom of France in formally declaring war on Spain, launching the War of the Quadruple Alliance.

tl;dr: Lots of stuff happened.
  • Thumbs Up 1

60 minutes of excessive padding.

On top over some other filler and small bit of meat. wink.png

Assassin's Creed needs more meat, more main levels and more Assassinations based levels. I am sorry for over stressing this but I wish they would put more focus on the Main Story Levels than tons of Boring Side Quests that don't earn you much or anything for doing them. sleep.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd like to hope that we'll get an assassination mission set during a fierce naval battle, full of broadside volleys and whatnot, maybe even during a storm. Jump from your ship to a smaller enemy ship passing by, try to avoid cannon fire and being spotted, jump onto the larger enemy vessel your target's on when you can, haul yourself up and into an empty cannon porthole, sneak about behind the busy cannon crews, maybe nab a gunnery officer's uniform, then head up onto the deck and so on.

• Thumbs Up 1

To believe, I was really hoping that this was future DLC. That would have worked out soo much better than a new game. Oh well. Seems like I'll be dishing out another $60 this year just to play, beat and store this game with the rest of the AC console games I have. I really do think Ubi needs to let this series rest a little while. Atleast 2 years. Give us the gamers some time to relax, and the devs more time to build on the next game. Sure we all know AC3 was being built while ACB and ACR were released but still. They do NOT need to make it seem like they are milking this series like Activision is doing with COD or EA is doing with all of their sports games. This pirate theme better be fucking amazing or Ubisoft will be hearing a ton of negative feedback and lose many fans. 

• Thumbs Up 1

At least it's more than running and gunning down enemies since you have to be more coordinated and thoughtful of your moves.

Although how they plan to keep it fresh will be interesting to see. Doesn't seem like they left a good taste in people's mouths with AC3.

Oh jesus, has this series become the next Call of Duty.

Call of Duty has Zombies.

This has Pirates, it's a totally different gimmick!

• Thumbs Up 5