Awoo.

The Assassin's Creed Topic - Vive les assassins! Vive la France!

Speederino

So that's two Assassin's Creed games on the Vita now, not to mention one on the PSP that I never got to play. I'd love to check these out, but  I don't want to buy an entire system just for one series. I guess I need to start looking at what other games are on the thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Look at what I found....

Edit: Fuck you video for not working properly.

Edited by Eternal Xtreme
  • Thumbs Up 2

Here you go:

What a rubbish voice over.

Oh and already they're rolling in the bonus content for pre-ordering. I don't mind that at all really, but inevitably there'll be a load of different versions and you won't be able to get every bit of extra content in just one version. Laaaaaaaame.

Gameplay is really cool though. I'll keep my eye on this game and will likely buy it. But I don't like the pirate theme (specifically all the sailing).

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well the island settings look really nice.

Inb4 Tomb Raider Uncharted clone

As for the gameplay, it looks okayish I guess. There is nothing that I have seen so far that makes me want to buy this game after the disappointment of AC3.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good trailer. I'm interested in that underwater bit. No doubt it's only one mission but it's still rather cool!

So many people are hating on the game already! I don't want to look like a fan boy here but I don't think we should judge the game already. Yes, I do feel that the pre-order is too soon because we haven't seen (any?) enough gameplay to judge, but Ubisoft knows that people want to buy the game so I don't feel like we should hate on them. I personally won't be pre-ordering until September/ October if I like what I see but Ubisoft do know that some people ('hardcore' gamers) pre-order obliviously and feel ripped off so what's to stop them.

Argh! You'll buy it at a high price.

hub_AssassinsCreed_4_V2_05.jpg

hub_AssassinsCreed_4_V2_03.jpg

hub_AssassinsCreed_4_V2_06.jpg

Found them at Game, they have several retailer exclusive editions. No really, they've got two different versions that you can't get anywhere else.

There are four 'special edition' versions to choose from, and they actually look damn nice, for a change... click to enlarge:

uK0d2Ogl.jpg

90HoFarl.jpg

nkf9oc3l.jpg

uHx1YDfl.jpg

I want those lithographs and canvas prints. Dey be sum purdy warez. I bet it's going to cost the Earth to get the uPlay one though... gah. I'll probably have to settle for the Skull Edition, which will be nice to own as well.

I liked the gameplay trailer, but I fear right now that it's all going to feel like a retread of AC3. That wouldn't be a bad thing necessarily, but I would like them to at least try to upgrade the free running a bit, similarly to how it felt different in AC Revelations to ACB, and in ACB to AC2. The naval combat seems to have definitely been satisfyingly upgraded though, which is nice, and those flame effects... hoo boy!

• Thumbs Up 3

Black Chest Edition looks nice, and I'm genuinely surprised it contains "all pre-order content". But I'm not at all compelled to buy it this time. Eh...

EDIT: £120? Piss off, Ubisoft.

Edited by Blue Blood

Black Chest Edition looks nice, and I'm genuinely surprised it contains "all pre-order content". But I'm not at all compelled to buy it this time. Eh...

EDIT: £120? Piss off, Ubisoft.

That does not sound like a bad price for the Black chest edition. Actually that's a steal. 

Edit: see what I did?

Edited by Eternal Xtreme

I can't decide between the two collector's editions. I wish there was a way to get the Black Chest edition with the other statue...I like that one more because it looks smaller. Will probably get the Buccaneer? edition though.

"*Also coming to next generations consoles"...

Let's hope no more 'next generation consoles'-exclusive or new editions will pop up.

Going to get the Skull Edition for sure! The AC games always get released near my birthday so I always end up buying them. This will be my first AC collector's edition.

"*Also coming to next generations consoles"...

Let's hope no more 'next generation consoles'-exclusive or new editions will pop up.

They'll have nicer graphics, and it wouldn't surprise me if they had some small amount of exclusive multiplayer content and a DLC singleplayer mission that tries to show off the next gen systems' capabilities, but beyond that, I don't see them adding anything. I doubt that, if they add anything at all, that it'll be worth buying a new copy for.

That does not sound like a bad price for the Black chest edition. Actually that's a steal. 

Edit: see what I did?

It's too much for a game I'm feeling unsure about. I regretted buying the Freedom Edition of AC3 because I wasn't much a fan of the game, and the Connor figure is kind of ugly. Plenty of time to make my mind up though.

Edited by Blue Blood

They'll have nicer graphics, and it wouldn't surprise me if they had some small amount of exclusive multiplayer content and a DLC singleplayer mission that tries to show off the next gen systems' capabilities, but beyond that, I don't see them adding anything. I doubt that, if they add anything at all, that it'll be worth buying a new copy for.

The most thing I personally hope about the next generation Assassin's Creed games is that they'll be dramatically less glitchy, because after all having better graphics and such things are a must, and to be honest... I can't wait!

I'll probably just get the Special Edition, also depends on how much the skull edition is. smile.png

Kinda seems a bit overboard to have that many editions in my opinion.

Also is me or is Ubisoft hyping this game why too much? From what I have seen it looks good but it doesn't look that different from ACIII.  

Edited by BW199148

I'm more interested in seeing what the PS4 version of the game plays and looks like. Next gen consoles are the future for the series, and I don't think they can do much more with the PS3 and Xbox360 in terms of original design and better graphics.

It seems like Ubisoft are trying to milk the series as much as they can at the moment. I assume Ubisoft aren't in financial difficulty (I wouldn't think so considering how quickly they are releasing sequels).

The poorly designed and confusing physics/controls really hurt AC3 in my opinion. The game felt kind of rushed. I just wish they would take their time. There is no need to make/release a new game every year.

Edited by -Bender-

I'll probably just get the Special Edition, also depends on how much the skull edition is. smile.png

Kinda seems a bit overboard to have that many editions in my opinion.

Also is me or is Ubisoft hyping this game why too much? From what I have seen it looks good but it doesn't look that different from ACIII.  

Nope it's not you.

Brotherhood had almost the exact same graphics from II, except for what seemed to be some minor tweaks, I believe Assassin's Creed IV will not be much different from III, well, until the next generation consoles come out!

The poorly designed and confusing physics/controls really hurt AC3 in my opinion. The game felt kind of rushed. I just wish they would take their time. There is just no need to make/release a new game every year.

I find controls in Assassin's Creed III confusing until you can get used to them, but really, there's no need for a new way to control the character.

As for the rest of the quote, I find myself agreeing so much.

Edited by Mysterious X

I would probably get the Buccaneer Edition, if I was willing to actually pre-order it. But no, even that gameplay trailer hasn't changed my opinion on ACIV. The only nice and unique gameplay feature is the swimming but other than that...I dunno, I want to see more of it before I pass judgement. ACIII was that disappointing.

I'm also curious about the new character featured in the present, if there's going to even be one. When is Ubi going to announce that? 

• Thumbs Up 1

I would probably get the Buccaneer Edition, if I was willing to actually pre-order it. But no, even that gameplay trailer hasn't changed my opinion on ACIV. The only nice and unique gameplay feature is the swimming but other than that...I dunno, I want to see more of it before I pass judgement. ACIII was that disappointing.

I'm also curious about the new character featured in the present, if there's going to even be one. When is Ubi going to announce that? 

It was mentioned earlier in this topic that the current day person is a random Abstergo employee. So yeah. A filler character.

...Didn't see any stealth so color me unconvinced.

I also don't like the setting.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's better than AC3's setting, I'll say that much (but I doubt anything could top Venice and Florence).

Edited by Blue Blood

We saw nary a single bluecoat shed a drop of blood in AC3's pre-launch media, but we still got to kill plenty of them in the finished product.

Let's not judge the finished product just yet.

• Thumbs Up 3

I am curious as to how the Present Day storyline will continue after AC III is Juno basically going to be ignored and forgotten about as the Present Day storyline gets marginalized? huh.png   

Edited by BW199148