Awoo.

The Assassin's Creed Topic - Vive les assassins! Vive la France!

Speederino

Will there be dodos, monkeys using cards to talk, and Charles Darwin whom is trying to woo the Queen of England?

If so then GotY.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh jesus, has this series become the next Call of Duty.

Except that unlike CoD (which is still fun, if rather brainless nowadays), the Assassin's Creed series keeps getting better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Geez, there's a lot of AC 3 hate in this thread isn't there? When the game was released, people loved it...now all of a sudden there's a hate bandwagon? I still think it's great and the other games don't even come close to comparison. Maybe it's because it was my first entry into the series.

• Thumbs Up 2

Geez, there's a lot of AC 3 hate in this thread isn't there? When the game was released, people loved it...now all of a sudden there's a hate bandwagon? I still think it's great and the other games don't even come close to comparison. Maybe it's because it was my first entry into the series.

Did you read their reasons for it? Because it didn't come out of nowhere.

Every game worth its salt seems to have a hate bandwagon a mile long nowadays. It's like a vadge of honor.

Personally, while AC3 did take me a few hours to adjust following my completion of ACR, I've come to love it just as much as the previous games; the improvements are numerous and certainly not the incremental changes we saw before, and just like in those previous games, I have a small list of qualms and niggles with this one too. Sure it isn't perfect, and yeah I also liked Ezio more than Connor, but Ezio's a damn hard act to follow, and Connor's a pretty good choice as a lead character utterly divorced from the MURRICA FUCK YEAH-ing the game could so easily have descended into (which many of us were afraid of pre-release). In so many ways, even without Ezio, even with my list of bugbears, I still think AC3 is up there as one of the best entries the series has had to date.

So, naturally I'm disappointed that we won't be seeing Connor again, given the wealth of top class AC fodder the years following AC3 hold, and while this whole piracy thing interests me greatly, I still don't know if I want this one to have a numbered title. Seems like it'd mess things up a bit.

• Thumbs Up 2

Its not hate more like disappointment I really like the concept of the series and I do enjoy it but certain aspects of  the game spoiled it for me.

My biggest problem with the series is they rely way too much on repetitive Side Missions to make the game appear more vast than it is. This why I am concerned that Watch Dog will suffer from the same problems.

Don't get me started on Optional Objectives.dry.png  

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

Except that unlike CoD (which is still fun, if rather brainless nowadays), the Assassin's Creed series keeps getting better.

Eh, it peaked with 2, stayed at that point with Brotherhood, stumbled with Revelations and got lame with 3. My opinion anyway, but AC3 disappointed. It can't hold a candle to the first two Ezio games.

Mainly because Brotherhood was where the series awesome Multiplayer originated and became an major hit...well that and the Renaissance was just that freaking amazing!

• Thumbs Up 1

To me, Connor just felt boring. As a character, he was cool, but his dialogue and voice just put me off from liking him as a character as much as say haytham or ezio.

Aside from that, AC3 to me, while nice, just felt like there was a lot of potential that wasn't used. The story could have and should have been expanded on. The gameplay also felt to me a step down compared to previous games. And some additional features added I haven't even use that much because I've found no use for them.

And yeah, side missions were really dragging and boring.

It's still a nice game, but I like brotherhood sooo much more.

Edited by Aqua
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't mind another game with Connor. I felt Ezio was a bit boring until Brotherhood where his character was more flesh out. I hope Connor does get another shot.smile.png

Assassin’s Creed World Premiere Trailer coming March 4th. Post this to your wall and see the trailer first when the countdown ends!

http://www.facebook.com/ubisoft/posts/486754648040913

Looks like we're getting a trailer with the announcement. Not that one wasn't expected anyway :P

I was expecting one last night. Needless to say, I felt pretty fucked off when one didn't turn up.

Still though, pirates, and a potentially awesome new addition to the Kenway family.

mFCnw.gif

• Thumbs Up 4

Jumping on the whole AC series vs AC3 topic. AC2 is my favorite of the series. Not because of Ezio. I say it was my favorite because it felt like a true sequel. AC1, while good for it's time, still had some major problems. It moved to slow for my taste and being force to do certain stuff just to start a mission was very lame. Where AC2, it tells you what you have to do. Sure you can screw around some, loot a few people, make the guards chase you. But in the end (it starts with one thing.....) there was no bullshit. And the story, that was where it really made it's make on me. Ezio alone was a fantastic character. But the fact that they built on every character in the game and showed how Ezio struggled after the loss of his family. That was amazing. It was a true sequel done right. ACB did the same and added a few things but it still fell short compared to AC2. ACR focused to much on the multiplayer. And because of that, the story fell short. AC3, while it felt like a sequel and a way to end the Desmond saga. I'll admit that it still could have done more. To bad those four games were pushed into a time frame. Otherwise I could have seen ACR and AC3 being so much better than how they turned out.

With that said, AC3 is still my second favorite game of the series with AC2 leading the pack. ACB was a great game which I put in third. ACR at forth and AC1 in last. ACR could have done so much more. But how it ended is where all of my money went. Just the last hour of the game was enough for me to burn my $60 and be happy. RIP Ezio and Altair. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Assassin’s Creed IV release date leaked, next-gen confirmed

http://gematsu.com/2013/02/assassins-creed-iv-release-date-leaked-next-gen-confirmed

"Assassin's Creed IV - the adventure that no one knew about - leaking onto consoles this fall!"

Where have I heard that before? tongue.png

Just so we are clear, Ubisoft, whilst you seem to be hell bent on becoming the new kings of upcoming games being leaked, I'll have you know that SEGA holds that crown!

Edited by -Bender-

That has got to be Edward 'Blackbeard' Teach. Given how Blackbeard was prolific in his piracy between 1716-19, and how AC4BF starts in 1715, I don't see how we (through Edward Kenway) can fail to meet him.

Also, I'm rather curious to see what the game will look like on Sony and MS' next generation platforms. Will we see it at E3, perhaps in one of the big pre-event conferences?

It's not that I hate AC3 per se. I was just disappointed by the story, especially the ending. Even the gameplay wasn't anything too special. AC2 and ACB are still my favourite games of the series.

Ohhh, if Edward Teach is in this, I wonder what other RL Pirates we will see in game.

Ohhh, if Edward Teach is in this, I wonder what other RL Pirates we will see in game.

inb4blackbeard

I swear he gets mentioned more than any other pirate.

Well, he was rather infamous, and had a catchy nickname. Besides, he has to be in this, simply because this is a game heavily featuring piracy, set in the Caribbean at exactly the time he was there. To not include him would be to have an AC game set during the American War of Independence without featuring Washington. We'll probably see Stede Bonnet too, and maybe, if we're ever so lucky, "Black Sam" Bellamy. Rest assured, just as with every installment of this series, we'll come across numerous famous faces in our travels across the seas.

For the new page, that awesomeness:

Assassin’s Creed IV release date leaked, next-gen confirmed

AC4-Date-Next-Gen.jpg

AC4-Leak-Artwork.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2013/02/assassins-creed-iv-release-date-leaked-next-gen-confirmed

*prays for Johnny depp to be a voice actor for one of the pirates* oh come on. we all want a reference of some sort!:P

I am expecting there to be at least one camp pirate and one Depp-like pirate, alongside your usual gruff seadogs, surly westcountry British sailors (the 'arrr matey' ones) and general miscellaneous crewmen.

Since a lot of the game's missions will take place on the high seas, I really hope that the Optional Objectives will be kept to a minimum, as they really did spoil a lot of the fun in AC3's naval missions.

Speaking of these optional objectives.....Am I the only one who did not worry about them in any of the AC games? Sure they add a headache and a challenge. But dealing with them on your first playthrough was a drag. Something I learned in ACB. So since then, I left them alone. Only doing the ones I knew that would give me a challenge on harder missions.

I constantly watched them back during the AC/AC2/BH days, but then I think in Revelations they started to try making them seem less important, yet by doing so they made them, in my mind, feel more important, which made failing one and having to restart the entire memory  more annoying than ever before (which didn't seem possible, frankly). AC3 made them feel even more important to me, and simultaneously they became more and less annoying; more because some of the things they wanted you to do were either really hard, tricky or impossible-seeming, less because at least you could just go back to the last checkpoint, although that sometimes did involve restarting the memory, much to my frustration (I'm looking at you, Henderson In Distress and The Giant And The Storm).

Anyway, on the whole they're bloody annoying, even if they do get you trying out different strategies sometimes. I hope they're really pared back in AC4.