Awoo.

The Assassin's Creed Topic - Vive les assassins! Vive la France!

Speederino

I am curious as to how the Present Day storyline will continue after AC III is Juno basically going to be ignored and forgotten about as the Present Day storyline get marginalized? huh.png   

There will be as many present day bits in AC4 as there were in 3, 2 etc. Juno will probably become the new Big Bad, sadly, which is a lot less interesting than fighting the Templars in a modern setting.

I'm interested to see how the present day bits play out, given that we'll be playing an Abstergo employee, and this isn't a spin-off.

I'm interested to see how the present day bits play out, given that we'll be playing an Abstergo employee, and this isn't a spin-off.

I would be impressed if some day we had the chance to play an Abstergo employee who betrays the Templars and joins the Assassins!

I would be impressed if some day we had the chance to play an Abstergo employee who betrays the Templars and joins the Assassins!

It wouldn't surprise me if that did end up being the basic plot: having lots of loyal employees, even carefully vetted and tested ones, living the lives of their ancient order's principal opposition, will almost certainly result in a few of them becoming indoctrinated by said enemy memories, to the point where they make a bid to defect. Perhaps the next overarching plot arc will be all about a small group of just such people, who are gradually turned over the course of a game, who train in the Animus but gradually form plans outside to find and be admitted into the Assassin order.

Edit: Black Flag is releasing a year after AC3, and already there's a team devoted to working on what can only be presumed will be AC5...

Ubisoft Toronto boss Jade Raymond told Polygon that her studio is working with Ubisoft Montreal on the next Assassin’s Creed release after Black Flag.

Naturally Raymond can’t talk about the new title yet, but she did seem pleased to be back on board Assassin’s Creed; she was one of the key creatives behind the original.

“The thing that’s great to me is that there is still some of my favorite people who, you know, we were in the trenches shipping that first one,” she said.

“We lived through all of that stuff together and some of those guys are still on the franchise and have been there. So it’s a just for me to work with some of those people again.”

The news is not that surprising, as Ubisoft tends to transition portions of each studio onto other projects, usually in collaboration with other teams, when their roles on existing titles is complete. Ubisoft Toronto has nearly finished work on Splinter Cell: Blacklist and multiplayer maps for Rainbow Six: Patriots, and now has five more titles on the go for the coming years.

“We have two big collaborations coming that we’re not talking about, on two of the biggest franchises at Ubisoft,” Raymond said. “We also have two new IP.”

The fifth project is another Splinter Cell.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/28/assassins-creed-ubisoft-toronto-working-on-black-flag-follow-up/

Not sure whether to be excited or worried. I can only hope that the game is given three or more years in development, so that not only can it be a great step up from AC4, but that it can also give the series some time to rest.

• Thumbs Up 1

It wouldn't surprise me if that did end up being the basic plot: having lots of loyal employees, even carefully vetted and tested ones, living the lives of their ancient order's principal opposition, will almost certainly result in a few of them becoming indoctrinated by said enemy memories, to the point where they make a bid to defect. Perhaps the next overarching plot arc will be all about a small group of just such people, who are gradually turned over the course of a game, who train in the Animus but gradually form plans outside to find and be admitted into the Assassin order.

Edit: Black Flag is releasing a year after AC3, and already there's a team devoted to working on what can only be presumed will be AC5...

http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/28/assassins-creed-ubisoft-toronto-working-on-black-flag-follow-up/

Not sure whether to be excited or worried. I can only hope that the game is given three or more years in development, so that not only can it be a great step up from AC4, but that it can also give the series some time to rest.

I don't think Ubisoft wants to give the money flow a rest :P

I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing, I mean it's not as if the series is really suffering from its annualization. Yet. The bad things about the series from my perspective (all the ridiculous sci-fi 'ones who came before' shit) have been there practically from the start anyway, so you can't really put them down to the annual releases; they're a result of a poorly thought out and even more poorly implemented overarching plot. A reboot could erase them, but I don't see that happening, do you? Additionally, it makes sense that Ubisoft would want a team to be working on the first PS4/NeXtBox(/Wii U?)-only AC game from the get go before the systems are launched, so that even if it takes a few years to make, they'll be waiting for us on the other side of the generation gap with a top game before the middle of the next generation.

Anyway, with Jade back in the mix, hopefully the series will be given a bit of refreshing change.

I don't think Ubisoft wants to give the money flow a rest tongue.png

And the early-released glitchy games proved what you said, it's quite clear that Ubisoft is released an Assassin's Creed game every year just to show off the abilities they have and their superiority to other game companies.. And, to keep the 'money flowing'.

If you want to know what I'm saying... Has anyone here played Prototype?! From Prototype in 2009 to Prototype 2 in 2012... The graphics were astonishingly enhanced! Many things in Prototype 2 got improved, I've played both and beaten 2, so I know exactly what I'm talking about. They completely took the game to new (heights) levels.

Way to go Radical Entertainment! Way to go Activision!

The series' annual release schedule is all about money, and good lord X, are you a shill for Activision or something?

No I'm not! Sheesh!!

Actually Ubisoft is one of my favorites, I favor it even more than Activision, but denying a fact is pointless, right?

Why would someone keep defending the company (or anything, or anyone) they like, even if they know for sure that it messed up at least for once? No one is perfect.

Also, Prototype is seriously similar to Assassin's Creed in many means, movements and such, graphics, and free roaming too, so I thought it would be the best example here, wouldn't it?

The Prince of Peria series (as another example) took a rather high leap in Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands, but the Prince of Persia franchise isn't really a series, considering The Forgotten Sands a sequel of The Sands of Time (as I recall), there's quite some time between each release of the two, it's very natural for the Sands of Time series to get much better after all that time, but they sure did a great job after Prince of Persia (2008), from 2008 to 2010, they also took the game to higher levels!

AC5! Already? Whatever, as long as it's a good game then I'm not fussed.

Well, just because development is under-way, that doesn't mean it'll be out next year. It might be, it seems probable even, but who knows, maybe they're going to give the next one an extra long development cycle as the team comes up with next-gen graphics and physics?

Well, just because development is under-way, that doesn't mean it'll be out next year. It might be, it seems probable even, but who knows, maybe they're going to give the next one an extra long development cycle as the team comes up with next-gen graphics and physics?

I really do hope that you are right. I hate seeing development time go to waste and the game being made not reaching it's full potential. I feel like Revelations showed that a lot!

No I'm not! Sheesh!!

Actually Ubisoft is one of my favorites, I favor it even more than Activision, but denying a fact is pointless, right?

Why would someone keep defending the company (or anything, or anyone) they like, even if they know for sure that it messed up at least for once? No one is perfect.

Also, Prototype is seriously similar to Assassin's Creed in many means, movements and such, graphics, and free roaming too, so I thought it would be the best example here, wouldn't it?

The Prince of Peria series (as another example) took a rather high leap in Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands, but the Prince of Persia franchise isn't really a series, considering The Forgotten Sands a sequel of The Sands of Time (as I recall), there's quite some time between each release of the two, it's very natural for the Sands of Time series to get much better after all that time, but they sure did a great job after Prince of Persia (2008), from 2008 to 2010, they also took the game to higher levels!

So jumping 90 feet in the air and gliding through the skies to reach a different building is the same as an assassin who if jumps off the building wrong will die. Yeah. Go back and think about what you just said. All open world games share this visual look. All open world games share this free roaming crap. The only similar thing they share is the free roaming aspect. Nothing in the 2 series is the same. Prototype is a very bloody game where you are fighting random cops and monsters. AC has you just fighting the templars and anyone that gets in your way. NO FUCKING MONSTERS! 

As for the annual game discussion we are having, AC is now part of this. Ubi is releasing it's 5th game the year after the so called monster house AC3 was. And before that, was ACR, ACB and AC2. Yeah they are now part of this annual release thing. I was okay with AC2-AC3. Because it was following a story arc and made sense. Now that the arc is over, there is no reason for this crap.

I'm bored of talking about AC4.

A true masterpiece. One of the greatest pieces of music I've ever heard.

• Thumbs Up 3

The series has sported some absolutely wonderful music over the years, mainly thanks to Jesper Kyd. Her absence in AC3's soundtrack was noticeable, and while her replacement was actually pretty good on the whole, I hated the strange 'no music outside of missions or taverns' rule he seemed to follow (not sure if it was his idea or the studio's, though). I spent most of my time outside of missions and pubs, and I like my overworlds to be ringing with the gentle melodies of ambient musical pieces. I sincerely hope that this is rectified in AC4.

• Thumbs Up 2

The series has sported some absolutely wonderful music over the years, mainly thanks to Jesper Kyd. Her absence in AC3's soundtrack was noticeable, and while her replacement was actually pretty good on the whole, I hated the strange 'no music outside of missions or taverns' rule he seemed to follow (not sure if it was his idea or the studio's, though). I spent most of my time outside of missions and pubs, and I like my overworlds to be ringing with the gentle melodies of ambient musical pieces. I sincerely hope that this is rectified in AC4.

Basically when I went into AC2 almost straight after AC1 and knowing nothing about it, I was floored by the music in Florence. AC1 has some music in the background, but it's little more than ambience. What AC2 did was absolutely wonderful. Thinking about it now, I never specifically noticed the lack of it in AC3. But now I definitely do miss it because I appreciated it so much beforehand.

I also thoroughly enjoyed some of the musical pieces which played during the Archive DLC for Revelations, and the similar Desmond's Memories sections from the same game, but I can't find them anywhere. :(

I also thoroughly enjoyed some of the musical pieces which played during the Archive DLC for Revelations, and the similar Desmond's Memories sections from the same game, but I can't find them anywhere. sad.png

Not sure if this is the kind of one you were looking for or not.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's exactly the kind of music I meant, thank you! Some of that, and some of Clay's music. Anyone know if any of it's included on the official soundtrack?

So jumping 90 feet in the air and gliding through the skies to reach a different building is the same as an assassin who if jumps off the building wrong will die. Yeah. Go back and think about what you just said. All open world games share this visual look. All open world games share this free roaming crap. The only similar thing they share is the free roaming aspect. Nothing in the 2 series is the same. Prototype is a very bloody game where you are fighting random cops and monsters. AC has you just fighting the templars and anyone that gets in your way. NO FUCKING MONSTERS!

All open world games share this visual look. All open world games share this free roaming crap. The only similar thing they share is the free roaming aspect.

Oh look! You just answered yourself.

"visual look" "free roaming crap"

graphics, and free roaming too,

That's what I freaking meant, both games share the free roam aspect, that's why when we compare graphics, Prototype is the best example, we're not talking about similarity in story and gameplay, we're clearly speaking of the graphics and how they got improved. Why the hell should I care about the big difference?

And hey did you even play Prototype 2? You become the good guy who kills Alex Mercer, and those "random cops" are part of a really evil organization that use people for the nastiest experiments that turn them into "MONSTERS".

My point is clear, after 3 years under development Prototype 2 gave us what we wanted... Sorry, gave me what I wanted.

If you hate bloody Prototype, it really doesn't prove me wrong.

I'm bored of talking about AC4.

A true masterpiece. One of the greatest pieces of music I've ever heard.

Really nice... Really tight... Really AWESOME! Truly a masterpiece, one of my favorite soundtracks in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

But I like this one better! Here, take a listen:

• Thumbs Up 2

Some of you guys bought it up on the last page, but with this article I'm posting below, they clearly acknowledge that they are annualising the franchise and will continue doing so. Ubisoft's CEO mentions how he doesn't see the fans growing tired of the series anytime soon. What do you guys think of that?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-29-annualised-assassins-next-gen-and-ploughing-fields-the-boss-of-ubisoft-montreal

Edited by canderson

People I know are very much growing tired of the annual releases; I've heard a great many cries of "Give the series a rest!" recently.

I'm okay with it for now, though I'd rather they did give it a rest, and I'm growing increasingly concerned that soon the series' trademark quality might soon start dipping if the annual course is pursued into the next generation.

I think it's safe to say I am quite obsessed with the AC2 soundtrack... I've been listening to it on the metro to work for the past week. daaaayam it's some powerful stuff. I quite like the Flight over Venice tracks.

Revelations also has a pretty awesome sound track, although on the first listen the beginning of Constantinopolis made me think my computer had fucked up! XD

http://youtu.be/SnihpHL6GTw

I also really like how it links in with the earlier Istanbul. Awesome stuff.

Also, this. Absolutely this. I sorely miss constant background music in AC3. However I'm sure Jesper Kyd is a dude... :P Do you mean the girl they got to sing in Revelations, perhaps?

Edited by MamboCat
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hmmm, upon taking a gander at Google Images, it appears you're correct. I just always assumed that he was a she because the name seems feminine to me. No matter though, he is awesome.

Found this:

Patticus said he was looking for stuff from The Lost Archive. This track wasn't actually used but it's still pretty cool!

Some of you guys bought it up on the last page, but with this article I'm posting below, they clearly acknowledge that they are annualising the franchise and will continue doing so. Ubisoft's CEO mentions how he doesn't see the fans growing tired of the series anytime soon. What do you guys think of that?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-29-annualised-assassins-next-gen-and-ploughing-fields-the-boss-of-ubisoft-montreal

I don't really feel 'tired' of the yearly releases myself. But I'd still find it a better idea to... 'give the series a rest' like everyone says.

Actually I have a feeling that they start working on their upcoming games before releasing the current ones... I mean, maybe they started working on Assassin's Creed II even before they released Assassin's Creed. Could it be? Because they revealed to us that they started working on Assassin's Creed V... Yeah I know that it conflicted with the release of the next generation consoles just around the corner. But who knows?

I think it's safe to say I am quite obsessed with the AC2 soundtrack... I've been listening to it on the metro to work for the past week. daaaayam it's some powerful stuff. I quite like the Flight over Venice tracks.

Revelations also has a pretty awesome sound track, although on the first listen the beginning of Constantinopolis made me think my computer had fucked up! XD

http://youtu.be/SnihpHL6GTw

I also really like how it links in with the earlier Istanbul. Awesome stuff.

Oh my God... When this soundtrack plays I feel myself drowning into the game!

Now GUYS! Anyone heard of this... Assassin's Creed Utopia?!? Coming 2013 for Android and iOS!:

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Utopia

• Thumbs Up 1