Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Picked up a couple used Wii games on the cheap, Cursed Mountain and Muramasa the Demon Blade. Haven't got around to trying Muramasa yet but Cursed Mountain is a lot of fun. It's not the best horror game ever made but it's got the unsettling atmosphere feeling down pat. Plus it only cost me $10, can't beat that.

Now on Summon Night 2.

I'm actually surprised, because they seem to have been exported without changing very much at all. Within the first minute of this, a girl pretends to flash you, and then you tell your adoptive father not to look under the mattress when he stays in your room.

With a small child nearby for both of these.

I've been playing Red Dead Redemption practically nonstop since I got it two weeks ago. I've been finished with the story for days, the world itself is uber-compelling. And I've hardly scratched the surface on multiplayer. Now if you'll excuse me, I have poker games to cheat in win.

I'm currently waiting for updates to finish downloading to I can get beack to playing Disgaea 3. Not my favourite game from the series but still enjoyable non the less.

Stupid updates <_<

Huge Sonic mood kicked in today, can't think why... ;)

Sonic Battle on the GBA, and Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) and Sonic Unleashed on the PS3.

Put back in Uncharted 2 after not playing it for so long. Got all of the DLC and am enjoying it like I first bought it.

Having the urge to put down Demon's Souls and play Mirror's Edge because I like the theme song of that game and the game itself is relaxing. That and I don't have stupid black phantom's popping up when I'm in the middle of something.

Edited by Silencer226

Currently, I'm playing with Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2 and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker on the PSP. Dammn, my PSP screen just randomly scratches, damn PSP screen. :|

Got some new WoW time today so back to doing all sorts of crap I can't do again when Cataclysm hits, it is.

But I'm also eyeing on the copy of X2 I got a while ago from a charity shop in mint condition, box and all. I have no idea if space sims are my thing but feel awfully curious. Then there's Heroes of Might and Magic IV that I got a bite onto when I decided to install it on the laptop a while ago and ended up playing a few times while I was on a holiday, and now I somewhat feel like starting it properly. Never really played it that much because whenever I feel like HOMMing I tend to install HOMM3, but really feel like actually trying the campaign and all now instead of just whacking single scenarios all the time. Max Payne 2's also tempting, and I should get around re-completing HL2: ep1 for the PC achievements at some point, and maybe I should attempt to continue my SoulSilver where I'm hopelessly stuck...

In short I have no freaking idea.

Oh hey Flint, what's up?

Alright, now to sorta expand on my previous post...

I just completed the first case in Apollo Justice, and it's still great fun... but it lacks that Phoenix Wright touch. There wasn't as much satisfaction involved in finishing the trial... not to mention the music wasn't nearly as good as it was in the previous games.

On the plus side, the graphics are a bit better, and there are a few new activities that take place during the trial (such as modifying the crime scene so that it makes sense and examining evidence to find other pieces of evidence within).

It's still one of the best games out there; it just can't hold a candle to any of the three Phoenix Wright games. Definitely not the best place to start playing the Ace Attorney series; being a veteran to the series, the first case was easy enough, but for someone who is playing Apollo Justice as their first Ace Attorney game, the case might be a bit complex.

So basically, what I'm saying is that it's a great game, although the others were better.

Especially Phoenix Wright 3. In case you didn't know. I liked that one a whole lot.

And the real kicker is that Apollo Justice is basically Phoenix Wright 4: Featuring Some Random Kid.

I like Apollo though; he's just underdeveloped. The game shouldn't have featured Phoenix at all, to be brutally honest. I expected him to steal the spotlight since as soon as you see him, the player stops giving a shit about the new main character and instead wonders "OMG, what happened to Phoenix!? I must know!!" And Apollo really didn't do anything for the whole game.

Lumines Plus on the PS2. Every once in a while, you just have to relax with a good puzzle game. Especially if this puzzle game has addictive music and changing backgrounds. :D

Now as for my current DS game... *pushes DS cartridge* Oh, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass! It's way better than Spirit Tracks, by a long shot.

Oh hey Flint, what's up?

And the real kicker is that Apollo Justice is basically Phoenix Wright 4: Featuring Some Random Kid.

I like Apollo though; he's just underdeveloped. The game shouldn't have featured Phoenix at all, to be brutally honest. I expected him to steal the spotlight since as soon as you see him, the player stops giving a shit about the new main character and instead wonders "OMG, what happened to Phoenix!? I must know!!" And Apollo really didn't do anything for the whole game.

Yeah, I would have much preferred Phoenix to not be there. The worst part of it is that they had to put him in by way of

"Oh hey, you know T&T's happy ending? Well a few months after that, he got disbarred and now makes a living off cheating at poker.

I would have preferred it if they'd replaced Wright with another new character who didn't steal the spotlight so there would be more focus on the (supposed) main character, and not having Phoenix get screwed over so shortly after the happy ending to his story.

Edited by Ekaje

I must be the only person in the world who liked Phoenix in AJ 4

Nope, he was awesome. Seven years do a lot to a guy.

Crikey! I've been playing a lot of classic games.

I've been playing a lot of Resident Evil 2 but I've been switching to Resident Evil 3 every now and then. I also have been playing the original Clock Tower as well. But I haven't gotten into it much since I've just got it.

I really need to play Silent Hill more. =w=

Mario Kart Wii. Been playing this a lot recently due to finally getting a wireless connection, thus I can now play against gamers worldwide, I'm currently addicted to this (and sadly come next to last most of the time due to not being the most experienced gamer), but I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon enough, heheh.

Super Street Fighter 4

Maining T-Hawk and Dan as usual. Bought all of the alt costumes up on the PSN store as well.

Right, finished Metroid Prime 3 a couple of days ago, so that's the trilogy done! Very good series of games, that Collector's Edition was a smegging bargain.

So, in between games at the moment, which means Fifa 10.

Anyone, going on holiday soon with lots of travelling (flights to Australia are LONG) so I've got the DS ready and waiting. I've purchased 5 games just for this occassion that I have even't played yet, and will probably go through in the following order:

Apollo Justice

Sonic Rush Adventure

Professor Layton 2

Ace Attorney Investigations

Chrono Trigger

Unless someone can convnice me otherwise :P

Unless someone can convnice me otherwise :P

Chrono Trigger first. Chrono Trigger first.

Well, no. You're probably an established AA fan if you're playing Apollo Justice, so I doubt anyone could convince you not to go ahead with that. After that, though... Chrono Trigger. My favourite RPG ever. Play it.

Ahem. I'm playing Metroid: Zero Mission myself, in anticipation of Other M's release... I know Fusion would be more topical, but I replayed that about a month ago on a trip. I know I should've played Zero Mission then and saved Fusion for now, but I just wasn't thinking. The game's still great, though. Is it weird that I find Kraid sort of adorable?

I'm also collecting the last couple of green stars in SMG2, but it's taking forever since I haven't had many opportunities to play. Stupid Wii being set up with the most-used TV in my house, grumble grumble...

• Thumbs Up 1

Chrono Trigger will last you for a long time, and it'll feel more engaging gameplay-wise when you find yourself bored on the plane. Unless you're totally fine with just doing shitloads of reading while being stuck in your seat for god knows how many hours and the buzzing noise of the airplane's engine ringing in your ears. I love Ace Attorney, but on a very long flight, I wouldn't dare touch it.

Dude, definitely play Chrono Trigger. That game is BEYOND badass, and it'll last you a good long time like Jake said. It's shorter than say, Final Fantasy, but you're still going to get 25-30 hours out of it and then some with New Game+ and the myriad of alternate endings.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Finished with Apollo Justice as of 5 minutes ago...

Not as good as I had hoped it would be. It had an interesting story tied to the previous cases in true Phoenix Wright fashion, but the characters just couldn't compare to Phoenix Wright and friends.

Also, the final case was disappointingly unsatisfying. The ending turned out mostly as I'd expected it to, although Phoenix coming so close to clearing his name was nice to see.

If I understood it correctly.

The Jurist system meant that Vera Misham was declared innocent, and Kristoph Gavin was proven guilty... but that didn't change the fact that Apollo wasn't able to prove that Gavin planted the evidence, right?

I'm a bit confused about that, can somebody help clear this up?

All in all, great game. But to echo my previous sentiments... it's not Ace Attorney worthy, imho.

Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations is up next. Here's hoping it can rise to the standard set by AA3~

Edited by Ovarloard

If I understood it correctly.

The Jurist system meant that Vera Misham was declared innocent, and Kristoph Gavin was proven guilty... but that didn't change the fact that Apollo wasn't able to prove that Gavin planted the evidence, right?

I'm a bit confused about that, can somebody help clear this up?

Jurist system basically enabled people to be declared guilty or innocent based on jurists' intuitions, rather than the presence of cold, hard evidence. Apollo didn't have to prove anything, he just needed to get Vera declared innocent.