Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Still fighting through SNES Super Mario Kart 100cc Special Cup. Ghost Valley 3's a trip.dry.gif *mumbles*

Is it better than Grandia II? 'Cos I have that but I'm finding it hard to get stuck into :/

Much better, although two has a better battle system and graphix everything else about the first is super better

oh apart from the VA and slightly censored translation. :|

I'm currently playing through Pokemon Heart Gold, Final Fantasy 13, and I'm picking up Resonance of Fate today.

The sad thing is that I have little to no time to play anything right now since Digital Cinematography is keeping me very busy.

My brother wanted to play Soul Silver, and since it is his DS, I let him. Therefore, I've been playing Spyro 2 again. I didn't know that the second game had those annoying flying levels that the first had until just a little while ago, and I can't say I'm happy about it.

Still at Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

This time, I got a bit further and fought Black Cat. You will not believe how fun it is getting your ass kicked by her. Seriously. The fight was so much fun for me, I wish it lasted longer. Despite how much I enjoyed the fight, I still beat her in the end. It's kinda funny, and even slightly dirty depending on how you see it, the way that Black Cat teases Spidey the whole fight. She seems to enjoy it as much as I did. :)

The aerial battles are absolutely amazing when you get the hang of it in the fight as well. When you get the timing done right (and if the camera doesn't get too screwy at times), you'll barely even touch the ground during the whole fight. Honestly, of all the games that try to give you the sensation of fighting high off the ground, this game certainly delievers more that most of them that I've played. Even Devil May Cry 3 looks somewhat sorry compared to it (and I still haven't played Bayonetta, so don't even bother with me on that).

You have to be careful of her counters though, as Black Cat'll block you web-strike attempts several times before you can actually get at her.

Then there's the wall-crawling fights, which although they're not as fun as the aerial fights, are well worth their merit.

I ended up siding with Black Cat right after I beat her. Kinda wierd how she takes such an extreme beat down and then offers you a choice to work with her or to deny her advances. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the Black Cat. :lol:

However, despite these excitements on the gameplay, the game overall has it's flaws that really glare out though. The camera seems to give you the finger at times when you get to the top of a building and want to adjust it. It's either too sensitive or to jacked up, because it'll have you point right at the ground you're standing on to having you looking all the way into the sky when you want to simply look foward.

The voice acting also needs more work. It's not bad, but it's not particularly good. I stand by what I said on the characterization. It seems to actually suit the game depending on how you want to go through it, since it is one of those games that has you making good choices or bad ones. However, the voices seem to make or break depending on the character and their response to the environment. Spider-man himself for example has a voice that will have you go on and off on how good it is then sinking to becoming mediocre or bad in general. Luke Cage seems to be okay, and Black Cat's voice is alright herself even though it could use more polish to it.

Air combat, although fun, can have you forget which way is up or down due to the camera screwing up the experience. The same goes for wall-crawling, although it doesn't suffer too much compared to fighting in the air. Once you get out of it, you're just fighting the cam in order to position it at the center.

Pretty much the main flaw is the camera. If this part of the game was fixed up more, it could save a lot of the other aspects of the game, minus the voice acting since that isn't part of the gameplay itself. The voices need more work, but other than that it's a pretty decent game so far. You can have a bit of fun beating up certain bad guys running amok in the streets if you feel like doing so, although it can get incredibly old after awhile. The game might be a love or hate depending on how you guys may see it, as some of these flaws can be quite a major issue to where some might not want to touch the game. More patient people might be somewhat more lenient towards these issues.

All in all tho, it seems like this was well worth the rent for me. I'm gonna purchase the full game as soon as possible.

Now you're making me want to go out and buy Web of Shadows.

I was originally going to get it, but the reception was very mixed. And after suffering through Spidey 3, I didn't think I could take another crappy Spider-Man game. So I passed. Really wish there was a demo on PSN so I could try it myself.

Activision just announced a new Spider-Man game, Shattered Dimensions (weird name), due this year. I'll wait and see how that looks. If it turns out appealing, I'll get that. If not, I'll just pick up Web of Shadows.

As for what I'm currently playing, LittleBigPlanet. The game just never gets old. I don't think I've gone a month without going back to it. I'm still playing Valkyria Chronicles too, but I got to what I assume is the final battle and had my base captured five times in a row. So I sorta put that on hold.

Hells no, fool. Grandia!

Hells yeah. My favorite RPG of the PSX era. And also still one of my all-time favorite games.

But umm yeah, still on FFXIII. Got my ass kicked by the boss for chapter 9, just at the end of his lifebar. There's 30 minutes down the drain. Not finishing this game in time for BlazBlue to arrive, so just how I'm gonna juggle my gametime between the two is a big fat mystery to me.

I bought Mega Man 10 on a whim due to some friends ranting and raving about it. Remind me to never do this again. :\

I hate it. Seriously. I can't stand this game. I find it to be the absolute antithesis of fun and I don't see how anyone can enjoy this or any other classic Mega Man game. 'An acquired taste' people have been telling me. Pfft, I guess. I'll admit, I haven't really played very many Mega Man games, especially not the classic series. I always liked the cast of characters, music, and Kirby-esque charm to the titular character himself though. I'm not very skilled at the games at all, but unlike what some of my painfully obnoxious peers might think, I don't just hate the game because I suck and I certainly don't think that that suddenly invalidates by opinion in any way. Besides, they're making a point against me using flawed logic. If I hated every game I was bad at, well.. I'd hate a lot of games that a thoroughly enjoy. I've played my fair share of difficult games too. Some of those same games on the hardest difficulty.

It's interesting really. The Robot Masters themselves aren't particularly difficult at all. It's essentially your same old 'adapt to the patterns and counter efficiently' deal. I might die a few times but eventually I'll defeat them. The issue is getting to the Robot Masters while dealing with the absolutely absurd enemy placement. Bottomless pits? Spikes? Not really that big of a deal. The only time I fall into a pit or spike most of time is when an enemy hits me into one resulting in another bullshit death. The only reason why this game has any sort of length is because it relies so much on little to no checkpoints and you not knowing what fucking enemy or rocket is going to attack you out of nowhere. Then adapting to it after you've already lost a life (or in most cases, multiple lives) to it. It just hardly even seems worth the money paid for it when once you actually know everything that gets thrown at you the game will take less than two hours to beat afterward.

I want my money back. :\

Well I went to pre-order Lost Planet 2 and at the end of the month I am getting All-Stars Racing. Anyways, right now I have been playing Rock Band 2 a lot lately, despite having all the achievements. Right now, I am trying to get all the achievements in Sonic Unleashed on my current gamer tag. I am so close to 25,000G!

I'm playing Resonance of Fate aka End of Eternity. This game is actually not that bad, I've only played for two hours but yeah the battles can be fun and I'm still not sure what the hell the game is about...

Now you're making me want to go out and buy Web of Shadows.

I was originally going to get it, but the reception was very mixed. And after suffering through Spidey 3, I didn't think I could take another crappy Spider-Man game. So I passed. Really wish there was a demo on PSN so I could try it myself.

At least rent it before you actually buy it, that way if you don't like the game you don't have to fork over all your cash. That's what I did, and I can safely say it was good enough for me to consider getting the full game.

I had totally forgotten about BlazBlue portable, so when I was in Gamestop today I went all Keanu Reeves and had to pick it up. While it probably would have benefited from redrawn sprites instead of resized ones, it still looks pretty good, and it otherwise is a very faithful port from what I've seen.

Edited by Tornado

Slowly making my way through Final Fantasy XIII, and I'm having no real problems with it so far (though Game Over when only the Leader dies is FRUSTRATING). Then again, I'm only 8 hours in, so I'm starting to fear that the linearity will annoy me any moment. Not yet though!

...just wish I knew what the hell Vanille's accent was meant to be.

I'm currently playing Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. This game surprised me... usually I hate all the recent Sonic games, but this one is actually pretty good! Not Mario Kart standards, but still good. But the guy talking in the background and when Sonic talks, is just so cheesy and cringeworthy. >.<

But the guy talking in the background... is just so cheesy and cringeworthy. >.<

That, my friend, just adds to the game's authenticity.

Anyways, I'm playing Allstars too, but I've gotten back into LittleBigPlanet PSP, and I published a new level (yays!). I'm also finishing up my second playthrough of Metal Gear Solid.

I've just picked up Final Fantasy Advance IV (FF 2) for the Game Boy Advance recently at an Estate sale for four dollars.

Man, what a nostalgia trip. I loved this game back when I rented it for the SNES even though I had problems battling the bigger bosses (it was my first RPG game, and I never knew the wonders of casting Reflect on your party) when I was young. The soundtrack to this game still happens to be one of my favourite soundtracks for a Final Fantasy game, and the battle system was complex for its time. I am also noting some of the little changes from the original SNES version even though my mind can barely remember most of the events. A lot of the events were skipped because the original I played was a rental, and you know, you want to skip around on save files and see what previous players were doing at the time. I still can't understand why they changed the Black Magic spell's name from Virus to Bio (Virus sounded much more dangerous.)

Now I remember why I like Cid. And Tellah.

Spoony bards.

Star Fox Command. Quite different from Assault, the only Star Fox game I've played before, but that's a good thing. I expected that the touch screen would make the game worse, but I've found that it actually adds to the experience.

I also like not having to press the "L" button to shoot... Call of Duty and Metroid Prime Hunters both ruined my "L" button from too much shooting.

Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Super Mario RPG, I just bought 'em on Virtual Console.

Super Mario RPG is okay so far. I'm assuming that like most RPGs, it starts out slow and just builds from there, but so far it's pretty okay. Obviously the battle system isn't as good as Paper Mario's is, but it's still fun. It's a lot more of a hardcore RPGF than Paper Mario, with more emphesis on planning out attacks, healing at the right time, using a certain character at a certain time, etc. I like it, it's fun, and I like how there's actually a decent difficulty level compared to Paper Mario, even if it will probably become frustrating as I move on.

Kirby's Dream Land 3 is great so far. As of now it's pretty much just a really simplified Super Star with a new (And awesome) art style, but I love it. The music is fucking brilliant, I like the animal friends, and it's just good, fun, and simple platforming goodness with an indefinable charm that most games don't really seem to have anymore. I can't wait to play more of it soo, which I will get to tomorrow after I am finished taking some pretty imporatant tests. Overall, don't regret any of these purchases, I just hope SMRPG picks up sometime soon.

Still goin gback and forth between FFXIII and Resonance of Fate. So far Resonance of Fate has become my addiction, it's good game and it saddens me it has to be overlooked like this (but then again if it sells like crap it will be rare).

it's good game and it saddens me it has to be overlooked like this

It's probably because it's Tri-Ace developed, and it hasn't proven (to reviewers atleast) that Tri-Ace can still make amazing/not disappointing RPGs.

Still playing Pokémon HeartGold Version, man this game is eating my life, and I love it!

So far Resonance of Fate has become my addiction, it's good game and it saddens me it has to be overlooked like this (but then again if it sells like crap it will be rare).

I did my part and purchased RoF too, gotta get me some kickass Tri-Ace battle systems. Should arrive tomorrow! :3

In the meanwhile, now that I've finished God of War 3 I can finally put some decent time with FFXIII and give Heavy Rain another whirl to unlock more endings.

Still hacking away on Cocoon and Pulse. Put in a reasonable amount of time already, about 35 hours, and I'm currently at chapter 12. Still loving it though, I might just see this game through to the end :lol: , and put in some optional time too.

god i love resonance of fate

I'm considering getting RoF after I'm done with FFXIII, even though BlazBlue is on the way... But what exactly is so good about it?