Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

I'm currently Re-playing Sonic CD for a Let's Play, and as soon as I'm done with it I'm then going to re-play Panic on my Sega CD. Panic is a bit of a weird game in which you have to press buttons and hope you go to the next screen. Every wrong button gives you a weird animation (like a lawn mower eating your house, the main character mutating, a mountain climber climbing up the Mona Lesa, ect.).

Other games I'm playing are Pop'n Music 14 Fever as well as Pokemon Heart Gold.

WipEout HD

Got it off PSN during the Spring Fever Sale for $10. It's a shame that they didn't drop the price on the Fury expansion pack, so I'm really only saving 5 dollars. I haven't picked up Fury yet though, but I most likely will be doing so once I add some more money to my account.

This is my first WipEout Game, so I started off pretty bad and annoyed. The pilot assist jerks the vehicles around like crazy, but the normal controls were really hard to grasp for me. A few hours and several crashes later...well, I'm still pretty bad, but I can hold my own and am having a good time.

While it can be sorta fustrating being cramed between opponents for most of the races, it also makes for some frantic moments which are the best part of the game. Tons of weapons thrown in to keep you on your toes. They could been more clear on which items were which, but it didn't take long to learn. There are also tons of twist in turns in the track designs which required great concertration but remain fun and fair.

Except for Sebenco Climb. :angry:

The soundtrack is solid. Some techno mixed with trance. Nothing I find myself humming or anything, but it fits the futuristic theme and frentic mood.

All in all, the game is a great racer. WipEout HD is no F-Zero GX, but it's the next best thing. Especially Nintendo has failed to make a new installment for F-Zero this generation.

Completed the campaign (on Novice at least), so I guess next is...online! This outta be good....

Just picked up Sonic Rush Adventure! Every time I go to Gamestop or some similar place they're selling used copies for $20 with no case. Screw that, I need my manual and box art. What kind of Sonic fan would I be. Finally found a new copy of it and while it's different from Rush, it's nice. Marine cracks me up by the way.

Aaah that's just until you learn the finer points of dodge offsetting, then it's all pain all the time for your enemies.

Now that I can actually afford some of the better moves, I get your drift. I also went back to one of the older stages to harvest materials and I was shocked by how much better I had gotten. Netta can certianly dish out the punishment when you figure out the games many tiered mechanics.

...and Just Cause 2: Limited Edition is done! :D

Okay, I tell a lie. I finished the main storyline (by riding four nuclear missiles in mid-flight and entertaining a gun battle as I leapt across them). I watched the credits roll, rocked out to the awesome soundtrack for a bit, and then returned to "Mercenary Mode". A message pops up telling me I've only completed 22.82% of the game, and to aim for 100%.

Great.

Sixteen hours and I'm only that far in?!

Freakin' great. :lol:

Super Street Fighter 4! I...suck. I haven't had a Street Fighter game since Alpha 3, so I'm still expecting the Special Bars to work the same way...which results in a arse-kicking. I'll get used to it soon enough, I hope.

So yeah, think I'll be swapping between that and Bayonetta for a while.

Well I think I'm finally out of Pokémon mode again, it's kinda sad, since I wanted to finish my Platinum Pokédex and start playing FireRed again.

But now I'm mostly juggling between Sonic Classic Collection (until I get another handheld game to play), Rune Factory Frontier (getting much more into it) and No More Heroes (in anticipation of NMH2, I've never played it before...)

I really want to get some more fightan games >: so I'm gonna order Darkstalkers on PSP and BlazBlue asap.

"Agents are... GO!!!!!"

In case if you couldn't tell by the quote above, I just got Elite Beat Agents. And I'm hooked. My only problem is that the difficulty gets jacked up a lot on certain episodes when you compare them on Breezin' (easy) to Crusin' (medium). I'm afraid of Sweatin' and Hard Rock right now.

Also still with Soul Silver, though offline for a little while.

I want to re-fight Red, and I already know how to do it,

so now it's just a matter of when.

Edited by Mr. Blonde

After Burner Climax and MM10. Holy crap, if you looked up "Micheal Bay's wet dream" in the dictionary you'd see this game. It's even more awesome when you play the Bayonetta remix(coincidental titled the "Climax Mix") with it. I wish I could have played the full arcade version, the moving arcade cockpit sounds epic. Also waiting for SSF4 which should get here on Monday.

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.

Not very far in, only played for about an hour and have only just left Tails' workshop... randomly wandered around Green Hill Zone and killed a squadron of those warthogs. My only annoyance? Touch screen controls only. Gah, if only that blasted D-Pad worked, I'd think it perfect.

Otherwise, loving it thusfar!

"Agents are... GO!!!!!"

In case if you couldn't tell by the quote above, I just got Elite Beat Agents. And I'm hooked. My only problem is that the difficulty gets jacked up a lot on certain episodes when you compare them on Breezin' (easy) to Crusin' (medium). I'm afraid of Sweatin' and Hard Rock right now.

I beat Sweatin', after much blood and tears poured into the game. I gave up on Hard Rock a few stages into it.

I beat Sweatin', after much blood and tears poured into the game. I gave up on Hard Rock a few stages into it.

Yeah, but that means...

NO COMMANDER KAHN FOR YOU!

I keep failing at the end of Jumping Jack Flash, and every time, I always wanna punch myself. I can't do that, but I can beat the crap out of Canned Heat. What's up with that?

I'm finally on to Dragon Quest V, which is

A. The cutest game ever made.

B. A huge, huge nostalgia rush.

It's weird... the first non-Pokemon RPG I ever played was the original Dragon Quest Monsters, but it was DQV, not Joker (which I got bored with), that really brought those feelings back. Anyway, it's a great game so far. The battle system's pretty standard classic-RPG fare, but it's the little things that really make me love it. I particularly love Akira Toriyama's monster designs: he wasn't much good at making humans look distinct from each other (even in this game, Bianca looks suspiciously exactly like a blonde Bulma), but his monsters are all awesomely silly and fun.

Just got myself a PSP a couple of days ago so here are the games that I'm working on:

Megaman Maverick Hunter X: Killed off Spark Mandrill recently and got his ability. Also trying to find the subtanks and armor parts.

Gran Turismo PSP: Got it and I'm having a ball with it. :) Trying to learn how to drive on the rally stages which is a pain in the neck. Love the selection of tracks. Wish that it has online mode and career mode but other than that it's solid.

Unable to play GTR Evolution online due to some server issues. :angry:

I'm finally on to Dragon Quest V, which is

A. The cutest game ever made.

B. A huge, huge nostalgia rush.

I didn't like DQIV at all, but part of me is still interested in DQV. Have you played both/is DQV a considerable improvement?

My Wii's acting up (being really loud when it reads discs...) so I decided to play sommet on other consoles. I played Valkyria Chronicles for a bit before realising I wasn't in the mood for hard dlc skirmishes, and then I played Final Fantasy XIII. Still in Chapter 11, but I beat a couple more marks.

Man that game is pretty.

Randomly played more Sonic Chronicles just now. Only just got to Chapter 4 because it took a while to figure out I could get into Eggman's base rather than thinking there was another thing to get. Also I hate how most of the game is piss but then you get those odd moments where it's really fucking hard for no reason. There is no balance whatsoever.

I'm also playing through Sonic Chronicles at the moment, although for the first time. I'm only on Chapter Two: The Search for Knuckles as yet.

Everything's starting to gel now. I'm not an RPG or turn-based gamer, but after getting used to it yesterday, I'm enjoying it more today. Just dreading Big turning up, s'all.

I didn't like DQIV at all, but part of me is still interested in DQV. Have you played both/is DQV a considerable improvement?

I haven't, actually, but DQV does seem to have fixed a few things... toning down the regional accents a bit, mainly. It's probably a bit more substantial in the content department, too, being a remake of a SNES game instead of an NES one. If it was the menus or the battle system that bothered you, though, you're a bit out of luck, since I'm pretty sure those are almost identical between all three DS-makes.

Got Super Street Fighter IV this Friday. Felt like I was forgetting something after swiping it from GameStop though...

I haven't played Street Fighter for quite some time, just Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Not to mention I skipped the original SFIV completely. So I kinda felt that I wouldn't be wrapped up in this game until I had spent a lot of time and practice with it. However, I've got obsessed with it during my very first trip through Arcade mode.

The gameplay is deep but completely accessible. Even as a analog stick playing scrub, I found myself pulling off special moves and air combos in a matter of minutes. Focus Attacks and EX moves were easy for me to grasp as well. Super/Ultra combos are tougher to pull off, but they can be done with just a small investment in Training or Trails mode. The hard part is timing them properly against tougher opponents...something I've yet to get a hold of myself. But hey, practice makes perfect.

The story is....well, what story? Everyone has heard of a tournament and has a sorry excuse as to why they're involved (oh, Ibuki) along with some cool theme music. I still take a some pleasure in viewing the cutscenes, even if they are forgettable. Apparently Capcom thought so as well, because I don't think there is an option to replay them.

As expected, I'm pretty fond of Juri. Her quick kicks and good reach make it easy to jab at opponents without leaving myself open. Works great in bringing out those players who try to wait and counter moves. Before long they get annoyed and switch to a direct approach, which usually leads to a face full of foot. I'm also okay with Ibuki. I just know a couple a tricks with her, but those few moves did land me the Fivepeat Trophy. My brother likes Hakan, which is annoying for me. I like aerial attacks and he likes using the Oil Combination Hold Ultra. Goodie.

I've just scratched the surface of the character selection, but I've found all of to be enjoyable in their own way so far. None of them seemed to have a really superior play style compared to the next either, but I'm pretty sure a tier list will show up after awhile and say otherwise. :lol:

After Burner Climax. Holy crap, if you looked up "Micheal Bay's wet dream" in the dictionary you'd see this game. It's even more awesome when you play the Bayonetta remix(coincidental titled the "Climax Mix") with it. I wish I could have played the full arcade version, the moving arcade cockpit sounds epic.

So that's what I was forgetting. I needed to pick up a new PSN card while I was there. Looks like After Burner's gonna have to wait until next week.

After being told countless times I should be ashamed of myself for never playing or owning this game I randomly decided to buy it last week. I'm playing Kingdom Hearts, I forget when this game came out but I think I was in 5th grade and now I'm about to graduate, better late than never I suppose lolz.

I pretty much blew through SRA. I beat the main story in four days, cleared the map and final story in five and upgraded all my ships to the max. Now I'm working on missions and S-ranks. So far I've max ranked the Hidden Islands and Plant Kingdom. I'm up to mission 34, the music missions and Marine's medal missions. I love how one of the Hidden Islands is the first act of Leaf Storm from the first Rush, it's a nice self-reference by Dimps. This game is just as fun as the first, and the Ocean Tornado water game is my favorite by far. I don't think this game sold as well as the first and can't figure out why. This is a really good Sonic game.

So, as fast as I could, I removed Amy Rose and Big the Cat from my team in Sonic Chronicles. Annoyingly, too, Big was a powerful character who won me many fights. Oh well. I've got Knuckles now. Bring it on, Marauders!!

I just finished up Killzone 2. A pretty good game, I must say.

It certainly is, as are all the games in the big 4 (Resistance, Gears, Killzone and Halo).

Killzone has many things going for it. The guns feel great, especially the bolt gun. The flow is well paced and you really get immersed in the firefights. Its a great mixture of cover based and run and gun takedowns too.

One of the only drawbacks is your teamates. Dont get me wrong, I like the characters, and they are always useful to soak up some bullets that normally would be headed in your direction. But for all the times they scream at Sev to get his @$$ to cover, they manage to die right in the middle of an alleyway, or right in the line of fire of a machine gun nest.

You cant just leave them there (even if they do self revive after a while), so you gotta bite the bullet and play hero, resulting in many rescue related deaths.

The Hard mode is also devistating. You should try it. The Grunts literally eat bullets and forget that physics demand them to at least flinch a little. Great if you like a challenge, and is IMO the hardest, hard mode of the big 4.

I must also say that Sev in Uncharted 2 is Boss.

Edited by Gallia

Decided to put back in FFXIII and finish up on some of the missions before I continue Chapter 11.