Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Well, a friend finally returned my PS1 after 2 YEARS ¬¬, so now I'm starting a Final Fantasy 5 playthrough in preparation of Final Fantasy 13, which should be at the store I usually shop at arund the week-end. Shame that uni starts next Monday though.

I've been playing around with Super Turbo HD again, but the only difference now being that I'm doing so on an actual HDTV. Quite a difference, methinks.

Rhythm Heaven for the DS. It might look a little childish to some, especially with the colorful design, but it's a great game. Assuming you have a sense of rhythm.

Well, finally finished all the events in Burnout Paradise; goodness me, those last four events almost killed me...they were all burning routes, and most of them were done in cars that were either so weak that you couldn't hit anything without wrecking (I.E. an F1 car) or had such bad handling that you would be eating wall and wrecking even if the car was armoured like a tank. I spent so long trying to beat the Krieger Racing WTR (More like WTF) that I was surprised when I actually made it with two seconds to spare; I'd failed at least six times before that. Freeway dashing down to the stadium and then up onto surface streets in 1 minute, where crashing will guarantee a failure and your car seems to be made of paper...Not cool at all....Still, I managed to get through the rest with a higher success rate, and now I only have three more cars to go until completion...Unfortunately one of those appears to be the Jansen P12 Diamond...:S Wish me luck getting all the freeburn challenges...

Notable quotes of the day:

"Now, witness my TRUE POWER!" (Said after unlocking Carson Thunder Shadow)

"I'm Shadow, Shadow the '49 Mercury!" (said after taking the Thunder Shadow to an auto repair shop)

"NOOO, I don't BELIEVE this!" (said after failing with the Racing WTR)

"Oh for the love of...I was RIGHT THERE DAMMIT!" (Failing Hot Rod challenge)

"And I would have passed that too, if it wasn't for those meddling SUVs!" (running out of time after hitting too many cars)

...Yeah, I know, I'm screwed up...Shouting out butchered quotes of popular characters while playing Burnout Paradise. :P Sometimes I just can't stop myself...

My copy of Final Fantasy 13 actually came in the mail and I've been playing it for about an hour. It's a blast and screw all the naysayers. Now I just need to wait on my manga... and Resonance of Fate comes out next week guyz!

Edited by Sabrac

I recently started on a Mario Kart DS binge, and I've just finished with everything it has to offer. I got gold trophies on everything (with rankings that range anywhere from *** to A), all missions completed, and every single staff ghost obtained to boot; it was especially horrifying trying to get a good enough time in SNES Donut Plains to unlock the damned thing. The computer AI is hard/annoying as fuck to deal with, but man was the game worth it. One thing I would have liked to have is item customization in VS mode, because I'd give anything to turn off those pesky blue shells and Boos that steal your items.

The reason I got into MKDS only now is because S&SASR for the DS left a bad taste in my mouth, with its vacant, sometimes unnecessarily long tracks and lacking much of any polish, but it did leave me still wanting to play a good kart racer. MKDS is a wonderful game but I think I prefer MK64 for nostalgic reasons, and for having better music.

Not like I needed anything else to play, but I threw down a preorder on GOW III and Pokemon (H.Gold & S.Silver). I also picked up Wii Fit plus, cause Mom wanted a copy.

Soon I'll boot up Bayonetta and God of War III. If I don't live through the ensuing awesomeness, please know that I died with a smile on my face. (or a cringe from decapitating something)

Oh, and I just picked up my first Platinum Trophy in GOW collection, so Yay!

Edited by Sega DogTagz

WarioWare: Touched is the game I'm playing right now, and it provides a nice distraction from life with some random and funny minigames. First decent minigame collection for the DS, I think.

Only problem is that the first time I play through someone's story to unlock the games, I can't skip all the necessary cutsences. I don't know how to... if there is a way, can someone tell me?

Just finished Psychonauts a couple days ago. It was an excellent game.

I wish they'd make a sequel though, because I want to know what happens to Lili's father.

Also, I was surprised to see Bobby crying at the end.

Now all I'm playing at the moment is Bad Company 2.

Well the games that I am currently working on are as follows:

NFS Series from High Stakes through Undercover trying to complete career modes which are frustrating me to no end.

Megaman Zero 2 as I've finished the first one a week ago.

GTR Evolution's time trials for the Green Hell with all the driving aids turned off.

Star Wars Battlefront 2's campaign mode losing troops in the process.

Sonic Rush in trying to S-rank all the stages and bosses on Sonic and Blaze's stories.

I have a tendency to play multiple games rather than devote time to just one for a long time frame.

I'm having major trouble getting into Pikmin, I suck too bad and every enemy I face I just lose assloads of Pikmin :(

So I picked up Sonic Chronicles again yesterday. After now getting over the shit music and the awkward looks of stuff, I'm beginning to enjoy the combat to a degree. Now I'm not cheaply failing every QTE it's a lot easier.

I'm playing Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

It's actually a pretty decent game, the way you traverse around the city and the fighting system are pretty fluid and somewhat easy to use yet a little difficult to time right at times.

It's also cool the way you can fight on the sides of the buildings and how easy and fluid it is for you to fight on the ground the next moment, then find yourself on the wall and then sky hopping in the air, and the aerial attacks are actally fun to use when fighting flying enemies.

The characters sound decent, although there are some moments where they're a bit off, but so far their characterization is actually pretty good.

I'm still in the beginning, so I haven't gotten anywhere good yet. But one complaint that I do have about the game so far is the camera as it will sometimes screw up when you get out of the wall climbing mode.

EDIT: Also, here's a funny tidbit. This game is actually similar to Prototype in its structure and style, although I think this game came in before Prototype started coming out.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I've been fiddling with Heart Gold, but I want to finish Ace Attorney Investigations before I get too engrossed in it.

Got Mega Man 10 last week. So far I only beat Easy Mode, I'm currently attempting to advance in Normal mode. As expected, I find it to be ball-bustingly hard.

I also got Pokemon Soul Silver today and am loving it oh so much. Definitely going to be one of my favorite games in the series.

Finished Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story last night. Fawful had remorse rather than chortles this time. Just got to go back and get the highest ranks for the characters now.

Dark Bowser was pretty easy compared to the last bosses of the other two M&L games even at level 34, but definitely had a brilliant battle strategy that used both the bros AND Bowser. Loved seeing Bowser all beat up at the end!

In terms of home consoles, I'm playing SaSASR for the PS3 (finally). It far beats modern Mario Kart installments to me, I don't see how anyone could say Mario Kart Wii is better than this game. It's fun, it's got a few challenges to it but isn't ruthlessly hard, and it handles well. While I like challenges (and I have completed F-Zero 100%, so I KNOW what a hard racing game plays like! =P), sometimes you just want a casual race for fun. Great little game. Huzzah Sumo Digital!

Despite having 100%ed both Wii and DS versions of All-Stars Racing, I'm still playing them for fun. Also playing through Classic Collection recently, too.

Started House of the Dead 3 yesterday, and hoo boy is it a different kettle of fish from HotD2. In a bad way. D: Slower reload times for a start, but most of all it just seems so heartless, generic and devoid of any and all of the charm that HotD2 had. It just takes itself far too seriously, whereas HotD2 was practically a comedy.

Bleh. D:

Still playing lots of Bad Company 2, and I'm also trying to finish all of the Secondary missions in Brutal Legend lately. I even got the Psychonauts-related trophy too.

So, finished up Ace Attorney Investigations. Going to go after Heart Gold with an intense burning passion now.

Even though I've unlocked everything, I'm still playing a SASASR a lot (Wii version). I wasn't sure how much I would like this game because at first I didn't notice many shortcuts in the tracks aside from the ones shown in previews, but now they've all grown on me. Not to mention that except for Excitebots, this is probably the closest we'll get to F-Zero Wii. The hovercraft vehicles will tide me over. :lol:

Still at Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

This time, I got a bit further and fought Black Cat. You will not believe how fun it is getting your ass kicked by her. Seriously. The fight was so much fun for me, I wish it lasted longer. Despite how much I enjoyed the fight, I still beat her in the end. It's kinda funny, and even slightly dirty depending on how you see it, the way that Black Cat teases Spidey the whole fight. She seems to enjoy it as much as I did. :)

The aerial battles are absolutely amazing when you get the hang of it in the fight as well. When you get the timing done right (and if the camera doesn't get too screwy at times), you'll barely even touch the ground during the whole fight. Honestly, of all the games that try to give you the sensation of fighting high off the ground, this game certainly delievers more that most of them that I've played. Even Devil May Cry 3 looks somewhat sorry compared to it (and I still haven't played Bayonetta, so don't even bother with me on that).

You have to be careful of her counters though, as Black Cat'll block you web-strike attempts several times before you can actually get at her.

Then there's the wall-crawling fights, which although they're not as fun as the aerial fights, are well worth their merit.

I ended up siding with Black Cat right after I beat her. Kinda wierd how she takes such an extreme beat down and then offers you a choice to work with her or to deny her advances. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the Black Cat. :lol:

However, despite these excitements on the gameplay, the game overall has it's flaws that really glare out though. The camera seems to give you the finger at times when you get to the top of a building and want to adjust it. It's either too sensitive or to jacked up, because it'll have you point right at the ground you're standing on to having you looking all the way into the sky when you want to simply look foward.

The voice acting also needs more work. It's not bad, but it's not particularly good. I stand by what I said on the characterization. It seems to actually suit the game depending on how you want to go through it, since it is one of those games that has you making good choices or bad ones. However, the voices seem to make or break depending on the character and their response to the environment. Spider-man himself for example has a voice that will have you go on and off on how good it is then sinking to becoming mediocre or bad in general. Luke Cage seems to be okay, and Black Cat's voice is alright herself even though it could use more polish to it.

Air combat, although fun, can have you forget which way is up or down due to the camera screwing up the experience. The same goes for wall-crawling, although it doesn't suffer too much compared to fighting in the air. Once you get out of it, you're just fighting the cam in order to position it at the center.

Pretty much the main flaw is the camera. If this part of the game was fixed up more, it could save a lot of the other aspects of the game, minus the voice acting since that isn't part of the gameplay itself. The voices need more work, but other than that it's a pretty decent game so far. You can have a bit of fun beating up certain bad guys running amok in the streets if you feel like doing so, although it can get incredibly old after awhile. The game might be a love or hate depending on how you guys may see it, as some of these flaws can be quite a major issue to where some might not want to touch the game. More patient people might be somewhat more lenient towards these issues.

All in all tho, it seems like this was well worth the rent for me. I'm gonna purchase the full game as soon as possible.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Pokémon HeartGold Version

Suck it bitches. FUCK YEAAAAARRRRRRRR~~~~

alongside thouse the greatest JRPG of all time

FFVII amirite or amirite.

Hells no, fool. Grandia!

Is it better than Grandia II? 'Cos I have that but I'm finding it hard to get stuck into :/