Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

3 minutes ago, Ultimate Victory 64 said:

Why is Sonic Unleashed still the best looking Sonic game?

Because it had a lot of budget and effort put into.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Does Amy have any other history with machines?

Depends on what you mean: do you mean with piloting/using machines because I can't really recall her doing so in the main series.

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Depends on what you mean: do you mean with piloting/using machines because I can't really recall her doing so in the main series.

Either way and yes, I don't either. TVTropes briefly mentioned it under her Overshadowed by Awesome tab.

As suggested by Brainscratchcomms when the game was just being teased, would Force's story make more sense if it was Dr. NEGA rather than Eggman himself behind everything?

I don't see how that would change anything. Eggman is already basically a background character in the game. Most of the story is driven by Infinite, and it doesn't really matter who he's getting his orders from. And if it was Nega, what would our Eggman be up to while all this is going down?

30 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I don't see how that would change anything. Eggman is already basically a background character in the game. Most of the story is driven by Infinite, and it doesn't really matter who he's getting his orders from. And if it was Nega, what would our Eggman be up to while all this is going down?

Not entirely sure, admittedly, but I suppose you could have him secretly supporting the Resistance while trying to avoid Nega and Infinite as much as possible, with the notion that he's actually planning to eventually overthrow both.

9 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Why doesn't Amy ever get a games story focus on her is my unanswered question.

Yeah, Adventure 1, Heroes, and Battle are the closest she ever got.

• Nice Smile 1

On 18/01/2018 at 12:24 AM, DabigRG said:

Also, there's apparently something about the game's programming that lends to that idea due to defaulting to/specifying him.

Additional info: a prototype screen that tuned up in a magazine had 'featuring Espio the Chameleon' instead of 'featuring Knuckles the Echidna', that scan used to be on a site dedicated to prototype Sonic stuff, i saved it:

beginning.jpg

This showed up in the US region title screens for some of the Knuckles Chaotix beta roms that can be found at Sonic Retro

Chaotix_Title_Beta_2.png

Apparently it first showed up in the 1227 prototype - meaning that as early as December 27th 1994 they were seemingly planning to make Espio a big deal if not the main character in the US version of Chaotix?  

• Nice Smile 1

Do you think SEGA originally intended for Espio to be Knuckles' sidekick?

1 hour ago, dwitefry666 said:

Additional info: a prototype screen that tuned up in a magazine had 'featuring Espio the Chameleon' instead of 'featuring Knuckles the Echidna', that scan used to be on a site dedicated to prototype Sonic stuff, i saved it:

beginning.jpg

This showed up in the US region title screens for some of the Knuckles Chaotix beta roms that can be found at Sonic Retro

Chaotix_Title_Beta_2.png

Apparently it first showed up in the 1227 prototype - meaning that as early as December 27th 1994 they were seemingly planning to make Espio a big deal if not the main character in the US version of Chaotix?  

Interesting. He is the first character to partner with Knuckles, isn't he?

Makes me think of another question....

• Nice Smile 1

3 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Why doesn't Amy ever get a games story focus on her is my unanswered question.

Same reason why it never happened to Coco (Crash Bandicoot) or Quark (Ratchet and Clank).

Spin-off games are a rare thing. Not everyone is Mario. (And even then, don't hold your breath for "Daisy Magic Adventure")

• Nice Smile 1

Wait, why would a guide to Sonic Jam have games not in Sonic Jam? Did the game mention them anywhere?

• Fist Bump 1

On 2/7/2018 at 7:00 PM, DabigRG said:

Do you think Eggman intended to create more than one entity like Infinite?

Perhaps, given all the duplicate rubies he has. Possibly even trying to turn himself into such a being.

• Nice Smile 1

I read somewhere that Cream was gonna be in Silver's Story in 06 at one point. Is there remotely any truth to this?

16 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Perhaps, given all the duplicate rubies he has. Possibly even trying to turn himself into such a being.

He also have numerous Glass-jars in his lab at the beginning besides the one containing Infinite.

• Nice Smile 1

18 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Why exactly did Eggman's Battleship start to explode in 06?

It seems that it was just a random malfunction.

On 09/02/2018 at 1:32 AM, VEDJ-F said:

Wait, why would a guide to Sonic Jam have games not in Sonic Jam? Did the game mention them anywhere?

There's a whole series history in the game itself, in the Sonic's World 3D section so it does make sort of sense, kind of, if you squint 

• Nice Smile 1