Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

3 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Why do people ask for Amy to be independent or competent, when has she ever lack these things.

I think people ask for it to be showcased more. When Amy is chasing after Sonic or even acting as a fourth member of Team Sonic, she comes off as less independent.

• Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Well, the usual phrase is "Don't count your chickens before they've hatched". Smashing the egg would be one way of getting them out...albeit more likely to kill them. 

• Nice Smile 1

15 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Well, the usual phrase is "Don't count your chickens before they've hatched". Smashing the egg would be one way of getting them out...albeit more likely to kill them. 

Oh, so it's nonchalant black comedy! Okay then.

On 2/19/2018 at 7:04 PM, BaronGrackle said:

I think people ask for it to be showcased more. When Amy is chasing after Sonic or even acting as a fourth member of Team Sonic, she comes off as less independent.

Plus, it was probably a response to her flnaderization. 

In Sonic Adventure: Icecap has houses, windmills, and some sort of hot air balloon festival going on. (Presumably the individuals participating in this also patronize the Carnival Night Zone of Sonic 3.)

Do anthros live on Angel Island with Knuckles? Or would we see Flickies and Rickies living in those houses?

EDIT: Gasp, what if some of the Chaotix were born here? The Mushroom Hill stage of Sonic the Fighters features Espio.

Is sound faster than light?

25 minutes ago, BaronGrackle said:

In Sonic Adventure: Icecap has houses, windmills, and some sort of hot air balloon festival going on. (Presumably the individuals participating in this also patronize the Carnival Night Zone of Sonic 3.)

Do anthros live on Angel Island with Knuckles? Or would we see Flickies and Rickies living in those houses?

EDIT: Gasp, what if some of the Chaotix were born here? The Mushroom Hill stage of Sonic the Fighters features Espio.

Image result for head exploding gif

6 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Is sound faster than light?

Naw. I figure speed-of-sound is Sonic's recreational speed, and speed-of-light is for special occasions.

1 hour ago, BaronGrackle said:

Definitely wouldn't be the Chaotix. Even by the original game, they have no reason to be there. Certainly not once Heroes made them detectives.

In all likelihood, I think it's some sort of ski resort.

11 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

In all likelihood, I think it's some sort of ski resort.

Vacationers! If the houses are hotels and resorts, then I'd ponder who the owners are - if it's the Angel Island animal friends, or if Knuckles became a budding entrepreneur.

The alternative is he allowed non-natives to develop on his island; a terrible guardian!

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, RedFox99 said:

Plus, it was probably a response to her flnaderization. 

I can't see her having flanderization as she didn't change in Heroes from the other games so I don't believe that's a good example.

2 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I can't see her having flanderization as she didn't change in Heroes from the other games so I don't believe that's a good example.

Flanderization is normally more about emphasis and depth than actual character change/development, from my understanding. And the thing about characterization is that there's only so much that can be gotten across in a single outing, with different writers utilizing certain traits over others.

In Sonic Heroes case, Amy came across as being overly focused on Sonic throughout their story compared to the Adventure duology. Now while this does give her a personal motivation, one she had since her inception, it is still portrayed in a way that made her come off as more than a little obsessed in a negative sense. 

It probably doesn't help that Team Rose's overall campaign isn't the best written/directed.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Who would you say is the more [insert description/superlative here] character: Wave or Storm?

They are equally superlative team members for Jet, the most superlative leader.

Does anyone know where that one Christmas pic including some of the lesser known characters is?

14 minutes ago, BaronGrackle said:

They are equally superlative team members for Jet, the most superlative leader.

"Oh *superlative* you, Luigi!"

6 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

Why is this..

...called Super Tails when it's clearly a Hyper form?

Well. What makes a Hyper form? What makes a Super form? You can answer those questions, but not with cited sources.

In the (noncanon) universe where Tails is adventuring instead of Sonic, has anyone had a Super Form before that moment? Suddenly, out of nowhere, Tails takes the Super Emeralds and finds himself flanked by Super Flickies. What should he call himself?

Don't think like Dragonballsz and power levels. Think like comic book superheroes. Some guy gets called "Superman". Should we protest that his eye beams and freeze breath clearly make him a Hyper form? Some gal gets called "Wonder Woman"... in another universe, there's a "Wonder Man" whose powers are nothing like hers.

Less of a science; more of an art.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Splash the Otter said:

Why is this...

image.png.57cfc76a76bf8f2e39da62ea69eaad7f.png

...called Super Tails when it's clearly a Hyper form?

Because he can only attain such a form from the Super Emeralds (in the games) due to his young age. Kinda hard to justify calling him Hyper.

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Because he can only attain such a form from the Super Emeralds (in the games) due to his young age. Kinda hard to justify calling him Hyper.

But in Mania he has a legit Super form with the regular Chaos Emeralds.

8 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

But in Mania he has a legit Super form with the regular Chaos Emeralds.

Yeah, I heard about that. Is that any notable difference(s)?

11 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, I heard about that. Is that any notable difference(s)?

It acts like any other super form, so no flicky army of death.