Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog has one of the best Tails in any animated adaptation. He's pretty much Sonic's equal, and despite not being the huge mechanical nut like in Sonic X, he certainly is one of the best aids to Sonic. Tails saved him multiple times on occasion and proved himself capable of handling himself.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaking of which:

I prefer AoSTH over SATAM.

Edited by thapoint09
  • Thumbs Up 4

I wish the game cutscenes had the same quality as the cg ones.

Watching only the intro and the ending of Sonic '06 makes the thing seem brilliant, untill you see the shit that there is in between.

Just another reason why I'm ready for next gen. It really makes you lose the emersion into the game when the cutscenes using the game models are bad.

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog has one of the best Tails in any animated adaptation. He's pretty much Sonic's equal, and despite not being the huge mechanical nut like in Sonic X, he certainly is one of the best aids to Sonic. Tails saved him multiple times on occasion and proved himself capable of handling himself.

This. Tails might have been my favorite character in AoStH, because he's so cute and his relationship with Sonic had the best portrayal I've seen yet. He's also smart and can build stuff, but isn't used as a walking toolbox (I've heard that in Sonic X this happens a lot). His voice in AoStH was pretty good in my opinion as well.

Yeah, AoStH Tails is awesome.

------------------------

EDIT: Also if anything SA2 is underrated. I personally think it's okay; I don't hate it but it's not my favorite.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed is the best Sonic game to have been released in the past decade.

Dead serious

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed is the best Sonic game to have been released in the past decade.

Dead serious

Explain please?

There are way more people that like it than hate it.

Where? Not on here, probably not on any other major Sonic site sans the Sega Forums, probably not on general gaming sites, whether this be due to the own game's flaws, better games coming along, the retroactive labelling of the Adventure games as part of the problem, continuous Shadow hate, and this persistent idea in the media that none of the 3D games with maybe the exception of Colors and Generations are even good anyway. I guess this supposed swathe of people who still like it are some "silent majority," but damn are they silent if that's actually the case.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 3

Explain please?

Every Sonic game we've had, merely taking it as a game and an enjoyable experience, has ranged from utterly abysmal (06) to pretty dang good (Generations) but they've all come up kind of short (or very). Honestly in the fairly short time that I've played this game I've just had so much fun with it. It's both well designed as a game and just super fun to play.

The mechanics are well integrated. Drifting feels immensely satisfying, the game is fast and slick and the three different styles of play all have their nuances and differences but are similar enough for it to not take too long to ease into them. Track designs are incredible. They're vivid, full of life, action packed, wonderfully memorable and amazingly varied. Items are really nicely balanced and have some unique effects even though they aren't particularly iconic. Single player is decently structured and has a larger wealth of content than most kart racers. Though a plot to go alongside (even a relatively simple and to the point one) just to tie all the events together would've been nice. In addition, it's a shame World Tour is the only way to unlock characters. Characters should've definitely been unlockable via Grand Prix as well. But still, there's a nice variety of missions.

I could go on about various positives and negatives, but actually the main point is that this is probably the only Sonic game that has a combination of really interesting and ambitious ideas and really well crafted gameplay. That's not saying that past Sonic games weren't fun or good or even great, but none of them to me have been truly excellent except (in my honest opinion) this one.

Though I'd like to see how this game ages. Good kart/mascot racers generally age pretty well though (imo Crash Team Racing is still an excellent game to this day). Most of the Sonic platformers (especially the 3D ones) don't tend to age all that well.

• Thumbs Up 1

used as a walking toolbox (I've heard that in Sonic X this happens a lot).

If it's any indication, I'm pretty sure he uses his propeller-flying ability ONCE in the entire series. He is nothing more than a toolbox in Sonic X.

(Keep in mind, I haven't seen much of Season 3)

I can't stand Blue Sphere.

I can't stand anything BUT Blue Sphere.

Edited by Wario wants a damn WiiU

I didn't mind blue sphere...with savestates.

Blue Sphere of all things? The only fuckin' Special Stage you can reliably complete on the first time? The only one that isn't partially to entirely based on luck and trying to just spin your hedgehog around the multicolored world in hopes of getting a mcguffin?

lolno

• Thumbs Up 2

I hate blue spheres. Can't keep up with the increasing rotation speed of the floor and it ends up more luck-based than a roulette.

• Thumbs Up 2

Blue Sphere of all things? The only fuckin' Special Stage you can reliably complete on the first time? The only one that isn't partially to entirely based on luck and trying to just spin your hedgehog around the multicolored world in hopes of getting a mcguffin?

lolno

Exactly. The Blue Sphere stages are based on skill. The real challange of course is to get all the rings, a 'perfect' in the stages, which just means that the special stage gets very fast. Even so, it's still pretty straight forward.

lolno

yeah, I hate myself...I find sonic 2's special stages the easiest. Edited by Uphex

yeah, I hate myself...I find sonic 2's special stages the easiest.

Good God. :V

Blue Sphere is my favorite because, like Nightwing said, it's actually based on SKILL instead of "HUR DUR HOPE YOU DON'T MIND THIS HALFPIPE FULL OF BOMBS WITH A DRAW DISTANCE OF LIKE TWO FEET". Sonic 2's special stages (beyond, like, the first two) can NOT be completed on the first try without an insane amount of luck. Even Sonic 1's have you at the mercy of the weird physics.

Sonic 3 and Knux actually have you doing something that you can LEARN to do instead of just memorizing patterns and hoping you don't fuck up thanks to the slippery controls.

I'm not really a big fan of any special stages.

Is anyone?

Edited by Wario wants a damn WiiU
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think Wave and.Storm are some of the blandest Sonic characters.

Yeah, they pretty much exist to interact with Jet and a couple others.

I think Wave and.Storm are some of the blandest Sonic characters.

I was going to wonder how this was an unpopular opinion, but then I remembered that no one remembers who they are.

Clever girl.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

lolno

Yeah, Blue Sphere. The one that makes me so nervous because I don't wanna hit a red sphere that I end up hitting a red sphere anyway. Not fun.

By contrast, I find Sonic 1's the easiest.

Also, the other Special Stages aren't luck-based at all. Sonic 1's is about skill, and Sonic 2's is memorization.

Edited by thapoint09