Awoo.

[DELETED]

LATER BUDDY

I seriously almost took that bait if you hadn't color your words and gave it away. :lol:

I do agree on having more characters, but I don't wan't too much. The maximum should be 6, because if the game has too many characters all the characters would either be broken or too similar. For example, Sonic 06 has 9 playable characters. The only good characters *for Sonic 06 standards anyway* are Sonic and Blaze. What I'm trying to say is that they should only keep the number of characters at a minimum and work their hardest on each.

Honestly if anything, going by the acceptance order, Blaze would be the most acceptable character behind Tails and Knuckles, since Shadow doesn't have the best track record as of nowadays. Blaze for the most part has only been playable in fairly well-received games, and even in the one bad one she was playable in (06) she still played like Sonic with little variation. Of course the only problem would be how she's stuck in another dimension, but in any way (good or bad) Sega could make a way to walk around that.

and Charmee Bee a good fun flyable character to compliment Tails.

I'd rather have Cream The Rabbit as a compliment to Tails

Of course the only problem would be how she's stuck in another dimension, but in any way (good or bad) Sega could make a way to walk around that.

I have yet to play the game, but in Rush Adventure there's the Jeweled Scepter that suppose to be more powerful than the Chaos and Sol Emeralds and capable of merging the two dimension together.

My idea? Use that as a plot device that is capable of destroying dimensions and timelines and have it erase the mess Sonic 06 created. That way you have an even bigger in-universe justification for how Sonic 06 never happened and destroys the Blaze-Nega-Silver plothole.

Seriously, for all their screw ups in the storytelling, they've made a lot of useful plot devices and elements that can just as easily fix the mess when used well.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

My idea? Use that as a plot device that is capable of destroying dimensions and timelines and have it erase the mess Sonic 06 created. That way you have an even bigger in-universe justification for how Sonic 06 never happened and destroys the Blaze-Nega-Silver plothole.

And then we could finally just forget about Nega and let Eggman be the only big bad. This way, the series won't have to tackle time/dimension-travelling stories anymore and that's such a good news. Also, we have a bigger universe to discover now. Maybe take in some level trope ideas from Rush Adventure!

Or we could just get better writers? There was nothing wrong with dimensional traveling stories, and by ditching that we'd have to ditch Blaze who is actually a good character worth using. And time travel stories were only bad in Sonic 06 in so much as the writers made a mess out of the elements they were using.

Yeah, but while that's incredibly awesome and all (no really itd be great if both the dimensions were one, would cause much less confusion), what do you do about the Sol Emeralds?

Edited by Azukara

Yeah, but while that's incredibly awesome and all, what do you do about the Sol Emeralds?

Blaze travels to Sonic's dimension, and then the portal (or whatever it is) between the two dimensions close permanently. But that's all right because back at Blaze's dimension, Marine takes it upon herself to become the new guardian of the Sol Emeralds.

That way, Blaze can show up all the time and we'll never ever see Marine again!

(im only being half-serious btw but of course, being half-serious means one is also only half-joking)

Edited by batson

Or make some kind of dimensional disaster that tears a huge chunk out of both Sonic and Blazes dimensions, forcing them to use that Macguffin Scepter everyone is talking about along with the Sol Emeralds to merge the two worlds together to prevent both of their separate dimensions from collapsing.

EDIT: Didn't see ChaosSupreme's post.

Edited by Malpercio

Yeah, but while that's incredibly awesome and all (no really itd be great if both the dimensions were one, would cause much less confusion), what do you do about the Sol Emeralds?
Nothing special. They continue to be guarded by Blaze and her attendants, and due to *mumblemumble* there's no longer any negative reaction between the two sets of emeralds.

That way, Blaze can show up all the time and we'll, never ever see Marine again!
:(

Or Blaze can stay in her world, and only show up needed.
If the writing's any good, she's only going to show up "as needed" regardless. But living an entire dimension away makes it prohibitively difficult to make stories involving her.

On a more serious note than my last post, i feel that they can can very well keep things more or less the way they have been regarding the whole question of Blaze and her dimension. In other words she stays in her dimension untill Sonic Team wants her to show up, in which case it's just:

Blaze: "Hey Sonic, i was in that other dimension but now im here"

Sonic "oh okay".

After all, Generations showed that the writers apparently already considers Blaze coming to Sonic's dimension such a small deal that they dont even feel the need to explain it.

Generations has a shitty waste of a story. It's not something that should be emulated.

Generations has a shitty waste of a story. It's not something that should be emulated.

Personally I really don't care what happens to Blaze in terms of story because I really don't care about story in the Sonic universe. Like hella jeff's comment the Sol Emeralds really aren't that special. In my opinion, it should just be chaos emeralds, super emeralds, and the master emerald. After all Sonic did just start as a simple concept right?

Edited by DarkspineHero228

That doesn't fix the problem any more than '06 erasing itself did. She still was there, with no explanation.

It's an in-universe equivalent to a retcon, and it's far less of a mess than what Sonic 06 did with them. So I'd say yeah, it does fix the problem. Considering how we take the canon as they give it to us from the games, any new event or information is automatically accepted for better or worse.

Using the Jeweled Scepter to wipe out that mess would probably be the easiest way of dealing with that issue. Whether it happened or not is irrelevant; using that plot device would be a way of saying "yeah, it happened. We know. But now you don't have to think about it anymore.

You wouldn't necessarily have to get rid of Blaze if you were getting rid of dimension-hopping stories. Personally I'd support them slamming the dimensions together and fusing the two worlds.

Wasn't something like that attempted but had the risk of destroying the space time continuum? Now granted I've yet to get to finish the Rush series, but I'm sure I read something somewhere that doing so would cause problems.

It's an in-universe equivalent to a retcon, and it's far less of a mess than what Sonic 06 did with them. So I'd say yeah, it does fix the problem. Considering how we take the canon as they give it to us from the games, any new event or information is automatically accepted for better or worse.
'06's ending was already essentially an in-universe retcon. Like, what even is there to erase, in-universe, that '06 itself already didn't?

Wasn't something like that attempted but had the risk of destroying the space time continuum? Now granted I've yet to get to finish the Rush series, but I'm sure I read something somewhere that doing so would cause problems.
Something like that was basically the plot of the first Rush, but they could easily invent a reason for it to work. Between the two Rushes the emeralds have already learned to cooperate with each other instead of causing something catastrophic by being in the same universe, so they basically just need a reason for it to happen and some technobabble to explain how it happens.

'06's ending was already essentially an in-universe retcon. Like, what even is there to erase, in-universe, that '06 itself already didn't?

How about the Blaze-Nega-Silver plot hole that still bothers a number of fans out there, and how they're still trying to piece together whether Blaze started in the future and went to an alternate dimension, Nega being from the future or alternate dimension and whether he's either Silver or Blaze's foe? And besides, it's not like erasing this in-universe would be a major point in the plot were this to be done. It could be a throwaway scene where X villain (say Eggman) gets a hold of the scepter and decides to test it out by wiping out that alternate event.

I'm making an edit here to cut down on space on my recent post:

Personally I really don't care what happens to Blaze in terms of story because I really don't care about story in the Sonic universe. Like hella jeff's comment the Sol Emeralds really aren't that special.

That is not what Hella Jeff said. He said that nothing special happens to the Sol Emeralds if they were to be part of the fusion of Blaze and Sonic's dimensions. It goes without saying that Blaze and the Sol Emeralds would still be around, and still play a potential role in any future plots to come were that to happen.

And if you don't care about story in the Sonic Universe, I wouldn't bother using hella jeff's comments towards it considering they're generally all about story in the Sonic universe.

After all Sonic did just start as a simple concept right?

That's no excuse or justification. Just because something started simple doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed to grow into something more. Kinda the whole point in developing something to keep going further.

Megaman started off as a simple concept and grew into something much deeper. Mario started off simple, and tho he tends to stay simple, even his series manages to become deeper when they decide to carry the storytelling further.

Again, how is that going to be any more "erased" than it already is? Silver's future, as depicted in '06, was already erased. That future we saw with Blaze in it canonically does not happen. But it still canonically did happen in the previous future, which is why people complain about it. Erasing it again isn't going to make it have happened any less (okay language is starting to break down now...). Regardless of how much you say "no, don't look at this, it never happened", '06, the game, still exists, and is still part of the events forming the current canon, and the question of why Blaze was in the future still stands.

Again, how is that going to be any more "erased" than it already is? Silver's future, as depicted in '06, was already erased. That future we saw with Blaze in it canonically does not happen. But it still canonically did happen in the previous future, which is why people complain about it.

See here's the thing tho. Sonic 06's "erasing" of it's plot only ended up with more questions to it than it did any closure, especially with it's confliction with games like Rush and, if you so choose, Rivals. Before Sonic 06, we were informed about Blaze that she was a princess in another dimension and a parallel to Sonic. Sonic 06 comes in and conflicts with it by establishing Blaze 200 years in the future. Now this much we both are aware of.

During Sonic 06, Blaze takes Iblis in her being and disappears in Silver's ending. In the Last Story's ending, everything was wiped out so that it never happened. Yet it still left questions such as whether Blaze is back in Silver's future, and whether that answer is "yes" or "no" it still leaves the question of how she's in the future and not the princess of her own separate dimension. Even further, when you realize how connected she is to the Sol Emeralds and yet they don't exist in Sonic's dimension whether in the present or 200 years in Silver's time period. And this is without getting into whatever other questions this inconsistency has created that people want to make note of. Trying to solve that inconsistency would take some work, and ignoring it is just going to keep people asking questions about it; doing away with it with a plot device would be acknowledging that inconsistency, and would make it easier for people to see how it is dealt with.

Now, I'm fully aware that this still won't answer their questions about it. But what it will do is make it easier for them to move on away from it and not care about the questions Sonic 06's ending had in whether asking about it matters anymore.

Erasing it again isn't going to make it have happened any less (okay language is starting to break down now...). Regardless of how much you say "no, don't look at this, it never happened", '06, the game, still exists, and is still part of the events forming the current canon, and the question of why Blaze was in the future still stands.

While erasing it again won't change the fact that '06 ever happened, it would make it easier for people to move on from the unanswered questions its ending had. So what if 06 still happened? So what if it is part of the events that forms the current canon? We have something that we can use to bypass the mess much easier than just ignoring it, and it's something that would allow people to see done away with than having word of god do damage control by re-establishing how things were originally.

And stands that if you can invent reason to make something work such as fusing two dimension together when doing so originally would have screw the space-time continuum, I find it hard to believe we can't invent a reason to make it easier to ignore a screw up like Sonic 06 had in it. Yes, there's a difference inventing something to fuse dimensions and inventing something to wipe out a part of the canon (on the other hand, maybe not), but you're still inventing something to have an effect on canon regardless.