Awoo.

Sonic Jump for iOS will be out on the 18th.

Shaddix Leto Croft

'Eh, I might try it. Not sure.

I've now unlocked both Tails AND Knuckles. There really aren't any notable major differences, both play pretty much identical. I'll list what I found about each character:

1.) Sonic

After unlocking Knuckles, I can't see any reason to use Sonic anymore. Knuckles' higher jump and Tails' slow decent are very useful in specific areas. Its possible though that Sonic simply moves faster than the others, so maybe that's his "niche." I know that his fast decent is very, very helpful for time trials.

2.) Tails

Tails has a much slower decent. This makes it easier to get across the screen and land on a platform. For normal gameplay, this can be a lifesaver. However, this really hurts him in time trials.

3.) Knuckles

I'm not quite sure on this, but there appear to be two special things about Knuckles. First of all, hands down, his jump is WAY higher than Sonic's. Getting S's with Knuckles are far, far easier. Granted, it is notably that his high jump can be an annoyance at times if you jump too high, as it can kill precious seconds you'd want, so I guess that's supposed to be his "weakness" compared to Sonic.

For the second thing, though, I'm not 100% sure on this or not. It appears that its easier to defeat enemies with Knuckles (which makes sense for his character). Oftentimes with Sonic, if you hit an enemy by pushing left/right into it as he's right at the same level as the enemy Sonic WILL get hurt. Knuckles, however, will destroy the enemy instead. Again, though, I'm not 100% sure on this, but it seems to be the case.

With this noted, I'm trying to think of how other characters could have unique abilities.

4.) Amy

I'm thinking that Amy's hammer would allow her to hit enemies from above, something the first three characters cannot do.

5.) Shadow

Shadow could probably teleport instead of double-jump. This would allow him to skip hard-to-pass obstacles. Naturally, unless he lands on an enemy he would not be able to kill them, but in some stages this would be very beneficial to get passed areas with LOTS of spikes.

6.) Rouge

No idea how she would work for a special ability.

7.) Cream

I'd say she'd probably send her chao out to kill enemies. That's all I can think of.

8.) Blaze

Easy. Her double-jump is a flaming jump that has a greater range to kill enemies with, probably about as much as the ring time power up (without giving rings).

9.) Silver

Similar to Rouge, its hard to say. I don't know how his powers could be incorporated into this, other than of course being used for his second jump.

I've also got all Red Rings in all three zones. The only thing you get is an achievement, though eventually you will unlock missions to get all red rings in each zone. If you already have all red rings before hand (I had all red rings in both mountain and green hill zones), just getting one red ring in any act in the zone unlocks it.

I have all A's/S's in Green Hill Zone and Mountain Zone. In Mountain Zone, I have 5 S's to go, and in Green Hill Zone, only 1. Of note, Knuckles helped A LOT to get all these stages up to A/S. With Sonic on many of these I kept getting C's and B's at my absolute fastest, oftentimes even when using the start boost (so far I haven't used start boost at all with Knuckles).

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys can you please help me, there is a mission called Double Trouble - "Clear any Green Hill Zone Story act using a single jump" that I'm stuck on. I only have Sonic at the moment, is this possible with him? I have Blast Off at level 2 but that's not enough I think...

Is anyone finding a lot of the S-Ranks almost impossible to get? I'm guessing it's the sort of thing levelling up to get other characters/ items would help with?

Guys can you please help me, there is a mission called Double Trouble - "Clear any Green Hill Zone Story act using a single jump" that I'm stuck on. I only have Sonic at the moment, is this possible with him? I have Blast Off at level 2 but that's not enough I think...

Green Hill Zone isn't much of a problem; the problem I had was Mountain Zone. The first several zones in Mountain Zone all require double jump at one point.

For Green Hill Zone, Act 1 works just fine; you are never required to use double-jump at all... it just makes things easier.

For S ranks, many of them I could not get with Sonic I managed to get with Knuckles. Some I had to use Blast Off to get. I haven't use Black Off in combination with Knuckles yet, but this will probably work well.

So wait, when it means 'clear with a single jump', does it basically mean 'without double-jumping'?

I somehow pictured that it would involve upgrading stuff to the point where you practically flew to the top of the level. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

So wait, when it means 'clear with a single jump', does it basically mean 'without double-jumping'?

I somehow pictured that it would involve upgrading stuff to the point where you practically flew to the top of the level. D:

Yeah it makes sense, but putting it the way you just did sounds a whole lot more sensible.

Edited by Blue Blood

I wonder if they'll add Big the Cat as "hard mode." Doesn't jump as high, falls faster, any platform he lands on will fall down after one hop, etcetera.

Anyone managed to get the 20+ (I don't know the exact number because it says 10 but i'm sure its 20+, it should be a mistranslation) fragile platforms in one act mission?

No, actually, I was just about to ask for advice on that. Anyone got any tips on which stages are the best to attempt that in?

I want to clear the "complete an act in less than 30 seconds" mission, but can't quite get it. Any ideas on what acts are best for under 30 secs? Best I got was 30 on the dot, and it didn't clear, then I read the "less than" part and was like "fu*k!!!"

I want to clear the "complete an act in less than 30 seconds" mission, but can't quite get it. Any ideas on what acts are best for under 30 secs? Best I got was 30 on the dot, and it didn't clear, then I read the "less than" part and was like "fu*k!!!"

Green Hill Act 1 or 3 is best. Get the Blast Off power up to make things easier too. Eventually you'll get a mission asking you to complete an act in under 28 seconds, and you'll definitely need Blast Off for that. Play as Knuckles too if you can.

Edited by Blue Blood

I've got one for 25+ I still have not been able to clear. Its surpising, too; many levels have TONS of them. I'm thinking I should use Tails for that one; Knuckles jumps way too high. Tails would probably be better due to his slow decent making it easier to reach other broken platforms.

Also, took me a while to figure this out; "fake" platforms are NOT the vanishing platforms. "fake" platforms are the ones that fall immediately when you land on them and you do NOT bounce off of them. If you get this one, remember that.

Fragile platforms break, but you bounce off of them.

I'm still looking for a stage to try this in, but I think the ones I'm looking for are in Mountain Zone. I just can't always remember which Act has the exact series I'm looking for. Mountain Zone is filled with fake and fragile platforms starting around 3+. One in particular (again, can't remember the act) appears to be made almost entirely of fragile platforms.

I've gotten as low as 23 seconds even with Sonic. Try Green Hill Zone Act 1. Use double jump all the time at the peak of your jump, if you hit a spring use double jump at the peak of the jump, and always aim for the HIGHEST PLATFORM you can reach.

If there is no higher platform you can reach with a double jump, do NOT use double jump. Also don't use double jump to reach the goal if you can reach it with a normal jump.

No, actually, I was just about to ask for advice on that. Anyone got any tips on which stages are the best to attempt that in?

I got it! lol...Try it out in a boss tongue.png

Edited by Seraphinprincess

Wow, no wonder! So THAT'S what they mean! I thought it meant clearing the whole stage with only one jump! (and it was worth 1 point... >.> <.<)

So close now to getting Knuckles...

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

You could always just kill yourself over and over and use the safety net.

Yeeea, and do you know how much the safety nets cost? And it's just for 1 point.. XD Anyone who does that is wasting rings. But to be honest I WAS thinking I should do that later, until I saw the advice here.

And finally got my Knuckles! Still have a ton of missions to do though, including collecting all the red star rings in Jungle Zone. That is going to be a pain as I have to go through EVERY single stage there again...

I don't want to continue doing these missions, but when the next update comes, it will probably include Amy and I would have to reach a certain level to unlock her. Once I get Amy though, screw the missions. =P

EDIT: Stuck on a mission again, I can't seem to find a perfect stage that has 16 enemies to kill in one act. =/ Do any of you guys know what act and zone I can get this in? Been using Bombs and Ring time but there just isn't enough enemies...

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

EDIT: Stuck on a mission again, I can't seem to find a perfect stage that has 16 enemies to kill in one act. =/ Do any of you guys know what act and zone I can get this in? Been using Bombs and Ring time but there just isn't enough enemies...

Green Hill Act 9

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, if you've already got all red rings and you get the task for getting all red rings in a zone, you only need to collect 1 red ring in any act of that zone to get it. I was curious about this myself, wondering if it required me to get them all in one stage, but nope, I only needed to get one period.

EDIT: For those looking for a stage that has 20-25+ crumbling platforms...

They aren't in Mountain Zone. I just tried. I have one for 25+ and I hit every platform I could in every act. Its gotta be in Jungle Zone. Unless you can survive the boss battle long enough... but crumbling platforms aren't as common in the boss battles.

I'm gonna try Jungle Zone later to see if I can find an act with 25+ platforms in it.

Edited by Relm Kisaragi

I'm just gonna stick with the boss battles then. Jungle Zone is a major pain with spikey platforms, more fake platforms, rotating blades, Bubbles, platforms that flip up and down, and those falling boulders. It's hard enough for collecting red star rings on this zone. DX

Yeah, if you've already got all red rings and you get the task for getting all red rings in a zone, you only need to collect 1 red ring in any act of that zone to get it. I was curious about this myself, wondering if it required me to get them all in one stage, but nope, I only needed to get one period.

EDIT: For those looking for a stage that has 20-25+ crumbling platforms...

They aren't in Mountain Zone. I just tried. I have one for 25+ and I hit every platform I could in every act. Its gotta be in Jungle Zone. Unless you can survive the boss battle long enough... but crumbling platforms aren't as common in the boss battles.

I'm gonna try Jungle Zone later to see if I can find an act with 25+ platforms in it.

It's much more easier if you do it in a Boss battle...it counts as a act too. I got mine in Green Hill Boss tongue.png

Are there any acts that are particularly good for getting a hundred rings in a single act, or is it the sort of thing where it's probably best to do it in a boss stage?

While you can get it in a Boss Battle act (without receiving any damage, that's another mission), you can get it in early Green Hill and Mountain acts too.

I've already beaten 100+ missions, it seems that never ends!!