Awoo.

Sonic Jump for iOS will be out on the 18th.

Shaddix Leto Croft

I don't think Sonic Jump iOS has all the zones out for it right now, so I think Amy will come in a future update. It makes sense, SEGA likes to support their mobile offerings and I'm sure more content will happen down the line.

Edit: Aww, this game is getting bashed by reviewers. I blame the inclusion of Sonic's friends.

*cocks shotgun* what reviewers are bashing this game?

*cocks shotgun* what reviewers are bashing this game?

What reviewers DON'T bash Sonic games? My guess is that they forgot that it was an Iphone game made on about 30 bucks and not a massively funded console adventure.

Edited by Enderwoman

If they bash this small game because Sonic's friends are in it then those reviewers can go fuck off. They're ruining it for people like me who have been waiting so long to play as the other characters again even if it is a mobile game.

• Thumbs Up 5

If they bash this small game because Sonic's friends are in it then those reviewers can go fuck off. They're ruining it for people like me who have been waiting so long to play as the other characters again even if it is a mobile game.

How exactly does somebodies dumbass opinion affect your enjoyment of it all?

Does anyone even give a shit what a reviewer says about a game? a ton of my favourite games were ripped apart by reviewers, doesn't stop me enjoying it, it's one person's opinion yet people tend to side with them thinking it's fact.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope you guys realize that the striked out comment was a joke on reviews that bashed Sonic's "annoying" friends in earlier games.

So far, it seems like reviewers are disliking the level up system. They are also disliking the cheap difficulty spikes and missed potential with an endless "---" type sonic game. It also seems to lack a calibrate option to make the controls fit your needs.

I thought some of the complaints were dumb too. Searching up reviews, I found people complaining that the game doesn't reuse music from past Sonic games and that the level tropes are brand new. Apparently, people want a rehash with the same music and same zones as Sonic 2? I personally prefer the new designs and the new (remixed) music. It feels like people completely missed one of the reasons why Sonic 4 was criticized - it rehashed a ton of stuff.

I don't care if they like the game or not. It's just when they bash the game or say it's bad for dumbass reasons like other characters are playable or the game having 'cheap difficulty spikes'.

@Autosaver: I know it's a joke but I know that some douche bag out there will complain about it.

Also..

I thought some of the complaints were dumb too. Searching up reviews, I found people complaining that the game doesn't reuse music from past Sonic games and that the level tropes are brand new. Apparently, people want a rehash with the same music and same zones as Sonic 2?

And this is why Sega is doing alot of rehashing in their new games lately. They complain about the games doing nothing new or interesting but when they do something new they complain that they don't reuse anything from older games. sleep.png

Edited by sonfan1984

Well, if said dumbass opinions (the ability to play as other characters besides Sonic, for this case) get vocal enough, it could -- could, being the key word here -- give Sega cause to not include any other playable characters. ..

I thought some of the complaints were dumb too. Searching up reviews, I found people complaining that the game doesn't reuse music from past Sonic games and that the level tropes are brand new.

What.

WHAT.

WHAT.

see reviewers this is why nobody thinks you should be allowed to have an opinion

Edited by Enderwoman
  • Thumbs Up 3

How reviewers score Sonic games

+Visuals

+Music

-It's a Sonic game

-Shitty friends

-Controls

-Shitty friends

-Shitty friends

6/10

• Thumbs Up 2

I've downloaded the game and am playing it now. So the game costs £1.49, but check out what you can buy from the shop:

• 2,500 rings: £0.69
  • 12,000 rings: £2.99
  • 35,000 rings: £7.49
  • 65,000 rings: £12.99
  • 120,000 rings: £19.99

So what is that in $? I know that 120,000 rings is $28.99 but not the others.

One review I saw gave this game an 8/10.

This game by most reviews are comparing it to Doodle Jump...

EDIT: And I just figured this out, even when you reach a certain level to unlock Tails and Knuckles you still have to purchase them with rings.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

So what is that in $? I know that 120,000 rings is $28.99 but not the others.

Not sure, since it doesn't specify costs outside of your region. At any rate, you know it'll be way too much.

Yeah, I just looked at the product page for this game in my App Store; more characters AND stages will be added later. These additions will be free, but naturally, they're probably going to be hard to unlock in-game, which will just make you want to pay for the "Unlock All" option.

I still find it weird that Amy isn't unlockable in the base game, though, considering the fact that her animations are all in there. Its also a safe guess that every character we saw concept art for will be made available later; Amy will undoubtedly be the first because hers are already done.

Still interested in picking it up, haven't done so yet though.

So, how about we actually start exchanging Game Centre usernames to get a bit of competition going?

I'm Mahzes on there, anyone feel free to add me. Not that I'm sure how it works, I've never actually used Game Centre before. mellow.png

Cross-post from Sonic Retro:

Right, I was going to split all of these by hand, but I've just cracked the actual file format itself (wasn't exactly rocket science :P), so I'm writing a splitter now. I'll post the split files when I'm done.

EDIT: Aaaaand we're done. The extracted SLA files are 90mb rar'd in total. Keep in mind, this isn't just the artwork, it's all the other stuff in there too; animation definitions, spritesheet definitions, sound effects, etc. I recommend looking at the "ud" directory PNG files, they are huge(!) Just in case someone else is working on this and is in here, you may as well stop now. :P

Anyway, have some files; Sonic Jump, raw, naked and exposed. :U

sj2012_music.rar - All the m4a music files, including all zone music (including the three unused zones; blue sky zone, mechanical zone, and cosmic zone), the boss, frontend (title/menu), cutscene, incidental bits (act start, clear, death).

sj2012_slaFiles_split.rar - All SLA files split into individual folders. All files within retain the filenames stored in the SLA along with them.

A small note about the split sfx folders - all sfx (the smp files) seem to be RAW PCM signed 16 bit, big endian, and mono, except for Sonic's specific sfx (sfx_sonic.sla) which is little endian. Why? God knows. Most samples seem to be at 11025hz too.

Oh, and yes, ud-boss.sla is really just that one file. They ballsed that one up, it seems.

If people want the actual splitting exe (along with usage and source code), I'm quite willing to do so. It's not the most complicated of programs either, a whole 83 lines of code.

Enjoy. :>

• Thumbs Up 5

I have a feeling Shadow is going to be the next unlockable after Amy...since, I saw him along with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy on the options page (they are all standing on a globe).

So, how about we actually start exchanging Game Centre usernames to get a bit of competition going?

I'm Mahzes on there, anyone feel free to add me. Not that I'm sure how it works, I've never actually used Game Centre before. mellow.png

I sent you a friend request :P

i'm Seraphinprincess, if anyone else want to join us :D

SO HOW ABOUT A SYMBIAN ANNOUNCEMENT AN- ohwhoamIkidding

at least i have the original one