Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

I love Zembillas' work, would love to have this artbook!

That is if the artwork we're seeing is entirely new and not a rehash from ND's old Crash website. ND owns the original art and it's stashed in their archives.

It's a damn good thing Zembillas made copies so that fans can see his work.

In terms of additional characters, you can unlock them all as you play through the main game, with the exception of Penta Penguin. If you hold down R1 and L1 and press down, right, triangle, down, left, triangle, and up, at the main menu, he becomes playable.

Penta is a boy ???

Always assumed that it was a girl, childhood ruined.

I loved the Crash series, but I was always disappointed in the lack of female characters. 

• 2 weeks later...

I also love the Crash series. Crash Bandicoot Warped was probably the first game I ever 100 percented, and I didn't have the internet to help me. 

If there was ever a series that really needed some new life breathed into it, it's this one, but I don't suppose that's ever gonna happen.

Thinking about it some more, it amazes me how activision isn't using this series at all especially when they have a good team of writers there from the skylanders series and assuming they've wised up at this point are good enough to bring crash back in full force so why haven't they?

They obviously are run by the same geniuses as Egmont Fleetway who assume that people can't keep their interest longer than five years. It's been over 5 years since Crash's last console release so they reason he's not worth the money or something.

Because a Crash HD collection TOTALLY wouldn't sell.

Because Sonic's fanbase has completely collapsed after a "few" lackluster titles.

It goes to show that businesses aren't always run by the people who are the smartest. Just the most apt at political maneuvering within a company's power structure.

• Thumbs Up 9

• 4 weeks later...

You wanna have a full story behind the origins of the franchise? My colleague B-Mask (of Cheshire Cat Studios), me and dozens of others have taken the time to take part in this video:

http://youtu.be/i_wIt1cZIfc

Could someone answer me something: who have the rights of the original Crash games (the Naughty Dog ones)? Because as far as I know, Activision only has the rights of the games after TwinSanity. I think they belong to either SCEA or Universal, otherwise they wouldn't be able to release them on the PSN as Classics, unless Activision let them do it (and get some of the profit), but there isn't the saying "all rights reserved to Activision" on the classics pages...

Where I want to get with that: a HD Collection could be possible if Sony/Universal wanted?

Can't happen. You can't make HD collections of PS1 games. It will look worse than the originals themselves. Sony no longer owns/joint own Crash anymore, they are not allowed to make new titles or new bundle collections. All they do is re-release the original PS1 titles.

Now I'm just imagining a remake of Crash 1-3 with updated graphics.

Oiiii if only. I needed a reason to buy the first two anyway.

Man, I didn't even click on the video and knew it was JumpButton who made it. 

Cheeky git, he bes. :V

• 3 weeks later...

This new generation seems like a good time for Crash to make a comeback, if he was still a Sony exclusive it would be big news because there are nearly no platformers to look forward to.  Hell, even if he came to XBOX it would still be big news for the genre.  The next step would just be making the game really good.

Crystal Wrath's New Crash model revealed:

Why PS4 needs Crash Bandicoot (Hardcore Gamer):

Fan creations that I shared over Crashy News:

If you want to see a recent review from a popular YouTuber, then check out this one:

• 2 weeks later...

Megapost:

andy-house_2972378b.jpg

Andrew: ‘Bring back Crash Bandicoot? I definitely wouldn’t close the door on that’

This is very dangerous ground,” Mr House laughs. “In concept, it is something we’ve been thinking about and discussing, and this is a shift for us. We’ve started to say that maybe there isn’t anything wrong with going back and looking at characters that people still talk about, that were a big part of either their childhood or their youth. I definitely wouldn’t close the door on that.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/playstation/10962258/Bring-back-Crash-Bandicoot-I-definitely-wouldnt-close-the-door-on-that.html

Unfortunately, the person who interviewed him isn’t probably counting Activision’s involvement into this possibility of bringing back both franchises, due to both being owned by the same company..

I almost forgot about sharing some new sketches of Crash from Zembillas, so.. here they are:

• 27522-yankeedoodlecrash.jpg
  • eed4c-worldcupcrashbandicoot1bweb.jpg
And some more fanart creations that I can just put one link to see them all smile.png

NyB7I7R.pngHVlXS5n.png

http://crashynews.wordpress.com/2014/07/08/mega-share-best-recent-fandom-creations/

In addition, I tried countless times trying to find evidence of anything new for the franchise that isn't like what happened in Nov 2013 (Maybe not hard enough, but some members here seem to be really good at finding things that indicate any glimmer of hope of the franchise being brought back)

Something more like finding unannounced things at unpopular sources that seem legit, rather than what usually happens with how people try to find evidence when it comes to Crash.. (Best example of this done properly for the crash fans is the findings of Crash Landed 2010, lots of things were found, and recently, someone found an animation of an enemy on Vimeo for the game)

Also, IF anything appears to be indeed a real game or some kind of hope for the franchise, I would try to immediately inform the people over here..

For now, there doesn't seem to be anything, not even a real glimmer of a new game sad.png

(I know how it hurts to not be able to enjoy a new game after a while)

Still frustating for any Crash fan to only be able to sit in their humble houses and dream about a great return of the Bandicoot on the PS4, made by Naughty Dog, or at least some Sony's competent 1st party developer. If wasn't for the first game back in 1996, who knows what could have been. Sure the PS1 had another fantastic games, but Crash did what Sonic did for SEGA in the early '90.

I'm sure as hell Sony can pay whatever the much Activision asks for the rights of Crash, they only need to set the ground first, but I don't know if this is going to happen at all.

As much as I love both Naughty Dog and Crash, I really, really don't think they'd be the right guys for the job when it comes to making a new game. They should get Sanzura to do it or something.

As much as I love both Naughty Dog and Crash, I really, really don't think they'd be the right guys for the job when it comes to making a new game. They should get Sanzura to do it or something.

I'm not super big on Crash but at the same time Naughty Dog's take on a modern day 3D platformer honestly sounds like it could be seriously incredible. I'd be 100% for that, Crash or not. Like, imagine if they took what they've learned from Uncharted and stuff and applied it.  It could seriously do some work toward revitalizing the genre in general.

• Thumbs Up 4

You mean set-pieces? I dunno, I rather have full control over the character all the time. But if you're refering to action over the top, great story and puzzles, well, who knows?

Thats dirt. Thats fucking dirt of you Activision. Naughty Dog created the character, the franchise put them on the road, and this year they just want to celebrate their anniversary with their fans, and fucking Activision says no? Thats a stink atitude all around, from a personal point of view as well. Wheres the respect from a fellow game developer? Does Activision have anything to win with this? Seriously, I wish from thr bottom of my heart that those stupid COD games fail terribly. Gosh, what jerks.

• Thumbs Up 4

Activision is literally doing nothing with the IP... They have literally nothing to lose by allowing Naughty Dog to have Crash fanart in their contest, in fact they'd only be gaining if ND and/or Sony paid them royalties, so... Yeah, I'm not a fan of saying companies are inherently good guys or bad guys, but it really does seem like the folks running Activision truly do just enjoy being dicks for the sake of being dicks.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hehe, I like how House doesn't bother to clarify in his answer to the interviewer's Crash/Spyro question that Activision, in the loosest technical sense of the word, gave Spyro a "revival" in the form of Skylanders. He knows Skylanders isn't a proper revival of the Spyro series (or even a proper spinoff at that!) and that Activision just shoehorned the character into an unrelated IP in a gamble to attract more buyers.

As for them turning down Naughty Dog's fanart inclusion request, that just further sets in stone how far Activision's intentions of refusing to let Crash see the light of day again will go. Ever since Sierra/Vivendi merged with Activision into Acitivision Blizzard, Crash and Spyro have just been sent to a leper colony to die just because they don't have the words Call of Duty on them.

Between this and closing Neversoft / merging them into COD developer number 42 Infinity Ward, Activision can just go kindly fuck off at this point in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1