Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

Ah, they wanted a spiritual successor to Crash Bandicoot it sounds like.

Since Knack had a fair share of issues as memory serves, perhaps it'd be best Sony's dev teams wrap their heads around fixing such issues before getting a shot at an actual Crash game.

If nothing else it shows they haven't forgotten about him.

Speaking of which, there's also this tidbit of info concerning the cancelled Cortex Chaos videogame:

• According to an interview with Keith Webb, one of the game's developers, if the Go! Go! Kokopolo series makes enough money, he will buy the rights and he and the developers he is working with now will create this game as well as Crash Twinsanity 2.

http://crashbandicoot.wikia.com/wiki/Cortex_Chaos

Are you telling me, there's a possibility for a Crash Twinsanity 2?

Just tell me where to sign-up and donate my money.

I'd kinda prefer Traveller's tales, but if they can actually make a good game. I would more than welcome it.

I've made jokes about how Crash Twinsanity is like the Sonic Adventure of the Crash franchise, but seeing a sequel suggestion this many years later is frankly hilarious.

I do kind of hope that his work does well, then; it'd be nice to see someone finally take interest in the IP and revitalise it. It's clear Activision's not going to at this point. Really makes me supportive of stricter rules with keeping trademarks; if you don't use an IP you should have it taken from you.

It is easily one of my favorites. It does seem to more or less go downhill from there, though I didn't mind Tag Team Racing.

Twinsanity also had a lot of potential with all sorts of ideas. It's amazing how much content was cut from the final version due to time constraints. So, even if it's almost a decade late, a Twinsanity 2 (spiritually, at least) actually isn't that crazy.

If nothing else it would mean we can revert back to a toony style and not the weird Punk (?) style they developed in Titans. Sly Cooper does well with a cartoon style, why can't Crash?

I didn't really like twinsanity all that much actually, I think it was mostly because you couldn't really go back to most levels after finishing the game and a lot of the level design really wasn't that great. But I wouldn't mind another game of that style if its done better this time and they take off fall damage, seriously I died so many times at the beginning because I just wanted to jump down to the beach but nope, have to take the slow way down.

In the spirit of being a Naughty Dog-created IP, they should just copy Jak on that front. Long fall? No problem, just do a spin RIGHT before you hit the ground and break your fall. tongue.png ..I think that was Jak, anyway.

Twinsanity does upon closer inspection come off as SA2: it holds great memories for many but some glaring issues present themselves. Level design is most certainly one of them - after you kill a boss, for example, you can die if you touch it, and that will result in having to play the boss AGAIN.

Or, here's a better one. Ant Agony is a pain in the ass, yes? Well, every time you go through, every extra life box you collect vanishes for good. So eventually it'll be like running the gauntlet.

The open world idea is a wonderful one. But it needs an overhaul. Particularly a level select.

If nothing else it would mean we can revert back to a toony style and not the weird Punk (?) style they developed in Titans. Sly Cooper does well with a cartoon style, why can't Crash?

That WAS Radical Entertainment's initial concept for Crash Landed until Activision gave them the pink slip.

, I think it was mostly because you couldn't really go back to most levels after finishing the game

Actually you CAN do just that thanks to the open world. You just won't replay certain cutscenes upon re-entry.

That WAS Radical Entertainment's initial concept for Crash Landed until Activision gave them the pink slip.

This is more or less the most irritating thing for me. These big companies have no idea what is and isn't profitable anymore. I think there's enough of a diehard platforming community out there for Crash to have at least a good niche base for sales. Crash is hardly some obscure title, despite his years out of the light.

The problem is that Activision doesn't have the right mind to put it back on the map. They ruined Crash just like they ruined Spyro, and the sooner someone who actually understands what Crash Bandicoot is about (it is NOT a fighting game) gets ahold of the IP, the better.

It'd be quite ironic if SEGA got ahold of the IP considering how Crash was prototyped as "Sonic's Ass".

Oh and BTW, if you want the REAL source for Keith Webb's answer of developing more Crash games, here's the link to Crash Mania for it.

Bandipedia can be so full of BS sometimes (as with most wikis).

A Crash fan and a good friend of mine of Italy contacted Twinsanity's art director about the game so you should thank him for it.

If Keith Webb was to create more Crash games, I would love to see a proper end to Twinsanity (TT Oxford initially had plans for a racing sequel) and hopefully Cortex Chaos.

I want to see a continuation to Mind Over Mutant...

*shot*

I kind of do too actually, I liked the idea of the mutants (and liked crash's fighting moves thing though I do wish he had more options) and I thought they were pretty well designed into the games levels so I can imagine some improvement in another game.

I will say, if nothing else, that Marc Baril was a good composer. I liked a lot of the musical pieces in Titans and Mind Over Mutant.

I just think the gameplay shift was a bit too much. All the things that I associated with Crash were pretty much taken away; only the actual characters themselves remained constant and even that was changed with the redesign.

They wanted to re-invent Crash, I get it, but they probably should have just made a new IP. When you use an old IP, people expect, well... that IP. Mind Over Mutant and Titans probably would have done better if they were an original hero rather than Crash. Where's the crates, the TNT (don't get me started on that poor excuse for TNT in MoM), the Aku Aku masks?

It strikes me as how Spyro was shoehorned into Skylanders to promote the game and then dropped from prominence. It's a case of a company making a new game but wanting it to sell well, so they slap an established character on it, I think.

I will say, if nothing else, that Marc Baril was a good composer. I liked a lot of the musical pieces in Titans and Mind Over Mutant.

I just think the gameplay shift was a bit too much. All the things that I associated with Crash were pretty much taken away; only the actual characters themselves remained constant and even that was changed with the redesign.

They wanted to re-invent Crash, I get it, but they probably should have just made a new IP. When you use an old IP, people expect, well... that IP. Mind Over Mutant and Titans probably would have done better if they were an original hero rather than Crash. Where's the crates, the TNT (don't get me started on that poor excuse for TNT in MoM), the Aku Aku masks?

It strikes me as how Spyro was shoehorned into Skylanders to promote the game and then dropped from prominence. It's a case of a company making a new game but wanting it to sell well, so they slap an established character on it, I think.

True but I do have to admit that it would be pretty cool if crash could get more changes to his gameplay, honestly by the time the first titans came out I wasn't the biggest fan of the way how crash was back in the PS1 days (except for CTR even though it was a spin off that was honestly my favorite crash game and still is). I wouldn't mind if it were to go back to the basic things but more stuff to mix it up would be nice.

Well to be honest, Spyro's reputation was down the shitter way before Skylanders. The Legend of Spyro reboot didn't help reinvigorate the franchise as it only attracted emo kids, fanfic writers and furries.

You can thank Universal for rushing development on ETD, leading to Spyro's demise.

I am in the middle of replaying Crash Bandicoot 2 right now and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone prefers this over Crash 3. Maybe because it's "harder?"

It's definitely the one with the most bullshit but that doesn't really make the case for the game being better. The levels and bosses aren't as fun and varied and it just generally isn't as fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Twinsanity 2, huh? Well, I love this game, so, maybe? IDK, can't put my finger on anything Crash anymore... I'll believe when the game is in store's shelves.

Yeah I find Crash 3 to be the most enjoyable Crash game I've played that's not Crash Team Racing. Cuz you know, CTR is boss.

I too would love a Twinsanity sequel. 

Somehow, some way, maybe someday, we might get to see Twinsanity re-released with all that cut content implemented, as well as some modifications made too.

That actually makes me wonder what sort of demographic Crash would fit now. Whereas Sonic has a large following that's been maintained due to his regular releases, Crash might not have the same given how a lot of the post-Twinsanity games are poorly received and there's been a dry spell for the last few years.

I think Crash could still be profitable, but I don't think he'd roll in quite as much as he used to, between his lull in gaming and the fact his newer titles don't really reel in folks like they used to.

However, with the right marketing anything is possible...

Sonic/Crash crossover do it do it do it. /pipe dream

• Thumbs Up 1