Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

I dayam hope if there is going to be a Crash announcement developed by ND, it will equal the excitement KH3 did this year.

I'm honestly not holding my breath here, but eh, if Microsoft can make a terrible, ten years out-of-date Banjo & Kazooie sequel that captures none of the charm of the original, then I'm sure Sony can do the same to Crash.

(I'm just kidding; if a new Crash game is announced, I'll be optimistic about it. =P)

• Andy Gavin, co-creator of Crash Bandicoot, is quoted in an interview from May 2013 as saying that, "Crash needs a total reboot. There’s an opportunity to reset the history, and go back to his creation story and the original conflict with Cortex. In that context, you could reprise classic Crash 1 and 2’s settings and villains. It would make sense to use a more modern, free-roaming style. I would concentrate on Looney Tunes-esque animation and really addictive action. That’s what we did with the original Crash, and there’s no reason it couldn’t be done today. Given [Activision's] Crash games, people forget that he was once cool. [Naughty Dog's] Crash had a certain whimsical edge to him. Sure, it was goofy – but it wasn’t dumb."

If anything in bold were to happen, I'd probably slap my grandma and call myself Johnny Sundae! And then buy a PS4 on its launch date.

• Thumbs Up 3

I just got into the Crash series during the summer, and I love me some Crash 2 and Crash 3. I do love the character, but I still need a lot of games to play. If a new Crash game does come to be, and if it's back to what Crash is supposed to be, then I'll be estatic. There'll be a reason to get a PS4 early now. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

And I just hope they don't do the same shit Microsoft did to Banjo and Kazooie. That would be another insult to everyone.

The best news is that if Sony re-acquired it, it's mostly going back to basics. This is unlike Microsoft or EA, who just devour franchises and defecate all over them because they never owned those franchises to begin with and so have no idea what they're doing.

I dayam hope if there is going to be a Crash announcement developed by ND, it will equal the excitement KH3 did this year.

It most certainly would. Crash if nothing else holds a lot of nostalgia value, and if a good developer gets ahold of him, he could be rebuilt as another platformer franchise for Sony to lean on; as it stands only Ratchet really stands strong of the pre-PS3 mascots.

Sonic would be even more irrelevant if Crash came back.

...Now if only SEGA would have the gall to approach them for a crossover.

Sonic, Mario and Crash in a join spinoff, perhaps?

/naive dreamer

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm honestly not holding my breath here, but eh, if Microsoft can make a terrible, ten years out-of-date Banjo & Kazooie sequel that captures none of the charm of the original, then I'm sure Sony can do the same to Crash.

(I'm just kidding; if a new Crash game is announced, I'll be optimistic about it. =P)

Difference is, that was Microsoft. Microsoft isn't Nintendo and that's why we have the mediocre Nuts & Bolts. Sony...is Sony.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

Difference is, that was Microsoft. Microsoft isn't Nintendo and that's why we have the mediocre Nuts & Bolts. Sony...is Sony.

That doesn't mean much to someone like me who isn't super-active in Sony's affairs.  I'm not ruling out the possibility that they could still mess it up, but I'm not saying I think they will either.

I'm being cynical about this, you never what'll happen.

But I certainly doubt that Naughty Dog would develop another Crash game. ND called quits on the franchise long ago after CTR went gold and half the people who have establish Crash went off to new pastures. Plus after seeing ND's plans for Jak's move to the PS3 *shudder*, I don't even want them to touch Crash.

I rather see a Crash game done by people who care about the series. I don't care what others speak about the post ND games, I love them all.

I'm being cynical about this, you never what'll happen.

But I certainly doubt that Naughty Dog would develop another Crash game. ND called quits on the franchise long ago after CTR went gold and half the people who have establish Crash went off to new pastures. Plus after seeing ND's plans for Jak's move to the PS3 *shudder*, I don't even want them to touch Crash.

I rather see a Crash game done by people who care about the series. I don't care what others speak about the post ND games, I love them all.

Y'know...people can change their minds on what they said right?

And what were ND's plans for Jak?

I think Activision is going to keep Spyro though no thanks to Skylanders... -.-

My heart is beating fast now (although this is way too early) CRASH MAYBE COMING BACK!

I just hope it goes to Naughty Dog instead of Sanzaru Games or another B developer D=

Whats wrong with sanzaru, they do a pretty good job at recreating the old feel for franchises like this (as seen from thieves in time) and they seem pretty good at what they do.

Also, count me strange but I actually really liked the titans gameplay in the titans series and it would be cool to see it expanded upon but done better this time but thats just my personal thing really.

Y'know...people can change their minds on what they said right?

And what were ND's plans for Jak?

I still don't see that happening though. Naughty Dog moved from Platformers (Crash & Jak) to Cinematic Action Games (Uncharted & TLOU) and I don't see a new Crash fitting in Naughty Dog's current resume. 

Forgive me though, I come from the CM Forums, a fan site dedicated to all of Crash's adventures, no matter what developer takes control of the franchise. 

And as for Naughty Dog's plans for Jak's cancelled PS3 adventure, have a look

Edited by CrashRatchetFan

Whats wrong with sanzaru, they do a pretty good job at recreating the old feel for franchises like this (as seen from thieves in time) and they seem pretty good at what they do.

If Thieves in Time is any indication, then yes, Sanzaru Games are good at mimicking what makes a franchise good. At the same time, they aren't very good at making or executing original ideas while using a pre-existing franchise. Everything good about Thieves in Time is stuff that has always been good in Sly games. Everything bad about Thieves in Time is stuff they did to try and differentiate it from prior games.

It's not an inherently bad game at all but it pales in comparison to Sly 2 or Sly 3 because everything it does well, those games do better and everything that's new is poorly executed if not downright rubbish from the word go. A Crash game made by Sanzaru has a good chance of going the same route, but at this point (much like Sly) I'd just be glad that it got some attention.

Edited by Chooch

So if I'm not mistaken, that trademark filing means that Activision DOES still own the franchise? At least, in all likelihood?

There's always the possibility they re-filed just so they could squat on it and sell it to someone else (wouldn't be surprised if Activision's kept the name just so they can speculate on it; people do it with every other economic activity, why not IPs?), but I'm not sure.

Oh my effin God, if Sony bought Crash back, then I... WILL HAVE TO KILL FOR A PS4.

Is this for real or photoshop? I didn't saw the video in question. Holy shit Sony, stop teasing us!!!

dVEXCks.png

Thats photoshoped most likely but there was a sign with crash's silouhette on it in the ps4 trailer.

Edit: oops nevermind, didn't notice the picture to the left, yeah its real.

Edited by MegasonicZX

Oh my effin God, if Sony bought Crash back, then I... WILL HAVE TO KILL FOR A PS4.

Is this for real or photoshop? I didn't saw the video in question. Holy shit Sony, stop teasing us!!!

dVEXCks.png

It's real.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well Sony did say they wanted to go back to there roots for the PS4, and what better way to do that then kicking the doors right off the hinges with a brand new Crash game biggrin.png! The best part is that this year alone has had a lot of hints toward this; Sony's E3 conference having Crash music, the latest PS4 ad having a blant clear photo of Crash GOING back to Sony (as that sign hints).

I guess that Sony saw the intense response to Crash's exclusion in PS-All Stars and thought that getting that IP back would draw old school Sony fans to there new brand new system :). I wonder what other classic Sony IP are coming to the PS4 (All Stars hinted at Midevil and Ape Escape, and there was the rumor of a Parapa game coming to the PS3/Vita)...