Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

I want to believe that greatness awaits for the bandicoot...

But Activision tells me not to believe.

parappa__we_gotta_believe_by_nafyo-d6247

Man this thread has been wild. Hype Train, more like Hype Rollercoaster. And just for an announcement.

• Thumbs Up 1

parappa__we_gotta_believe_by_nafyo-d6247

Man this thread has been wild. Hype Train, more like Hype Rollercoaster. And just for an announcement.

This thread would probably explode if an actual announcement of a new game was made, which I hope it happens biggrin.png

...The Last of Us' Director posted this on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/bruce_straley/status/404498752590716928

BZ4ONBLCEAAJqg3.jpg

I know it's 2 days old and could be an elaborate troll but it's something to keep hope alive.

Damnit Sony stop playing with our damned emotions! First we get hope, then it gets crushed, then it gets revived again! much like the franchise itself but it has not hit the revival part yet

• Thumbs Up 1

If not Naughty Dog, then give Crash to Media Molecule. I got some crazy Crash (and Banjo) vibes from playing Tearaway (which I would easily say is my favourite 3D platformer this year) and I'm sure they could come up with some creative uses for an already-existing IP. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Between this and Steve Lycett, I've determined that a lot of those who work in the video game industry are gigantic trolls who like to yank gamers' chains to whip them into a frenzy. :P

I really wish he was serious but... I must remain cautiously optimistic. He could just be implying he'd love to work on a Crash game, after all.

The best way to describe my feels at the moment is quoting mi previous post:

YOU ARE TEARIN' ME APART, SONY! [cit.]

Once again, i go away for a few days only to return to find this thread bursting with info which, as i read through it, builds me up, then dashes all my hopes....

The ride never ends....

Fucking fuck, don't fuck with me, Bruce Stanley...

EDIT: WAIT A MINUTE

crashBrazil.jpg

This was then deleted.

Everyone at Sony quit fucking trolling me.

• Thumbs Up 3

Let's look at the bright side. If the re-releases managed to sell well enough, it MIGHT convince Activision, Sony or whoever that Crash still has vitality as a series and should get a new installment.

Since it's PlayStation Brasil, it's the Brazilian branch of PlayStation, thus it's Portuguese. Roughly translated from Google translate:

"Crash wants a hug!"

It probably doesn't mean anything. :/

Maybe not, but it does seem rather peculiar... since they no longer have the rights to him, it would seem weird for an official page to do that.

It's striking me as somewhat like when SEGA leaks something and quickly covers it up (at this point I think companies do this intentionally to generate hype prior to an actual reveal). Wouldn't be surprised if we heard something Crash-related soon, accordingly. Most likely just a re-release of the older titles, but hey, it's a start. If companies find out there's money in Mr. Bandicoot they'll gladly start pumping out new games.

What kind of annoys me is that they obviously know there is high demand for another Crash game, and since Activision acquired Crash they've drastically changed his design...

So why are Sony cock teasing us with his ORIGINAL PS1 era design if anything? This just makes me feel less inclined to believe they're actually working on something and more the cameo of Crash on the street sign in the 4 the Gamers trailer was merely just a "Hey guys, remember when Crash was only on Playstation? Good times huh?"

Since it's PlayStation Brasil, it's the Brazilian branch of PlayStation, thus it's Portuguese. Roughly translated from Google translate:

"Crash wants a hug!"

The translation is correct, and it probably doesn't, the picture was from a set of nostalgic pictures from older Playstation Games, Sony actually removed it once fans started asking about Crash, probably to not give false hope to anyone anymore.

Yeah, seeing as Sony's doing a big nostalgia trip with the release of the ps4, it's not really all that surprising. Having now watched the ad that the crash sign showed up in, I'm losing all belief that this'll happen.

The ad was crammed with dozens of references to old games and defunct series. Nobodies expecting any of them to come back (though I can dream of a new Parappa title). The crash one is a little different because it seems deliberatly cryptic but i'm still pretty convinced it'll come to nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

Oi... I don't want to jump the gun and assume it means something more than pure symbolism... but it does seem pretty strange they'd use a character they don't own anymore... then again, when I see the fact Sonic Channel drops pretty blatant nods to Mario on the latter's birthday, it doesn't seem too odd.

Though, then I think, why Crash and not the countless other IPs Sony has?

The 2014 being special makes me wonder as well.

There might be something going on after all; perhaps Activision still owns the IP but has agreed to let Sony's dev teams make use of it? Lord knows they're not doing anything with it.

It's probably more PS1-era Crash nostalgia shilling, nothing to see here.

That is ultimately what annoys me the most about this sort of thing; why do they keep making use of him so frequently lately despite not owning him? Furthermore... as nostalgic as it is, isn't that a legal issue if he's owned by Activision?

I want to believe but at the same time, I want to be cautious.

All of this Crash teasing is a bit silly; Sony hasn't used the IP in decades, its painfully clear that they cannot use him (as him not being in PS All Stars proves) and they have mascots of their own such as Jak, Sly and Ratchet to use. The dam Crash games can't be played on the Vita for crying out loud, so Sony continuing to say "man, remember Crash? Those were good times" is not charming or cool, just painfully frustrating.

I would like to think that all of this teasing of Crash has to be from Sony having a big game in the works for the IP by ether Sony Bend working with Naughty Dog (as they have been working on something for two years already and have a good relationship with Naughty Dog thanks to Uncharted GA) or Sansaru Games (they finished Sly 4 last fall) as the first line of cross-platforming games for the PS3/PS4/Vita ala the trio of cross-buy game for the PS3/Vita last year...but that is just being to hopeful. The IP has been dead for years and its clear that it costs to much money to work something out with Activision, so who knows if this "hint" means anything at all :(.

• Thumbs Up 3