Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

I can't listen to the commentary. Unnecessary F-bombs. Not to mention the audio is loud.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 1

That fan game looks awesome, why aren't activision throwing money in their general direction?

Dat commentary. I died at 8:46. Crap's hilarious.

The game itself looks good. I'll definitely play it if they finish it. I have a feeling that they're going to get a C&D, though.

Dat commentary. I died at 8:46. Crap's hilarious.

The game itself looks good. I'll definitely play it if they finish it. I have a feeling that they're going to get a C&D, though.

They'd probably be on the receiving end of one hell of a internet backdraft from Crash fans if that happened.

If only all Crash fans could just pool their money together and either buy the property off Activision or heck, buy a large stake in the company (company is worth 16.3 billion). That'd be a good way to get Activision to keep its fingers off it, but the problem is the sheer ungodly amounts of cash involved...

Will be sad if Activision does give them a C&D. What's wrong Activision, mad your fanbase can take better care of your properties than you? Seriously, it's not like you're working on anything!

I hate corporate influences on the arts. sad.png

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

If only all Crash fans could just pool their money together and either buy the property off Activision or heck, buy a large stake in the company (company is worth 16.3 billion). That'd be a good way to get Activision to keep its fingers off it, but the problem is the sheer ungodly amounts of cash involved...

Will be sad if Activision does give them a C&D. What's wrong Activision, mad your fanbase can take better care of your properties than you? Seriously, it's not like you're working on anything!

I hate corporate influences on the arts. sad.png

If someone ever gets the rights to Crash (hahahaha), I hope they sell him to Naughty Dog again. Those guys really miss the Bandicoot.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone ever gets the rights to Crash (hahahaha), I hope they sell him to Naughty Dog again. Those guys really miss the Bandicoot.

Naughty Dog's on the record for creating about 3 good games and then selling the rights off to someone who ruins it... Crash, Jak, and I bet anything Uncharted will be sold off soon too.

But yes. Would be lovely if Naughty Dog would re-acquire the franchise. :(

Naughty Dog's on the record for creating about 3 good games and then selling the rights off to someone who ruins it... Crash, Jak, and I bet anything Uncharted will be sold off soon too.

But yes. Would be lovely if Naughty Dog would re-acquire the franchise. sad.png

They never sold the rights of Jak & Daxter, they just let High Impact Games do some PSP game like Uncharted: Golden Abyss for the Vita that was made by SCE Bend Studios.

Some time ago the The Last of Us creative director Neil Druckmann said in an interview that they had originally planned on making a reboot of the series, saying "We dug around trying to find the core of Jak and Daxter...Who are the characters? We had to reboot it essentially. Every time we got excited about an idea we would take a step back...and feel it's not Jak and Daxter, are we just slapping the name on it for marketing reasons?".

They never sold the rights of Jak & Daxter, they just let High Impact Games do some PSP game like Uncharted: Golden Abyss for the Vita that was made by SCE Bend Studios.

Based on how lovely HIG's titles were, sounds like they may as well have sold them, just as they did with Crash. :(

Some time ago the The Last of Us creative director Neil Druckmann said in an interview that they had originally planned on making a reboot of the series, saying "We dug around trying to find the core of Jak and Daxter...Who are the characters? We had to reboot it essentially. Every time we got excited about an idea we would take a step back...and feel it's not Jak and Daxter, are we just slapping the name on it for marketing reasons?".

This identity crisis probably stems from how you have your first game being all bright and colorful and then the next title's all guns, swearing and violence. Like ShTH done right. :D

But I digress...

Naughty Dog makes good games. They really should get Crash back some point in the future. Crash was once the Playstation's Mario/Sonic, and now he's fallen so low he makes Sonic's decline look like an infinite slope.

Unfortunately I can't really see that happening due to the way business works. :(

Naughty Dog makes good games. They really should get Crash back some point in the future. Crash was once the Playstation's Mario/Sonic, and now he's fallen so low he makes Sonic's decline look like an infinite slope.

Unfortunately I can't really see that happening due to the way business works. sad.png

Naughty dog are very interested in making games that are  suitable for the consoles they release them for, I've spoken before about how Crash was designed specifically for the limitations of the ps1, likewise with Jak, a more detailed character than crash but the ps2 still couldn't process real worldquslity graphics so they stuck with a cartoony world.

Now of course consoles can do real world quality, hence Drake.

basically what i'm saying is, even if Naughty dog did get the character back, they probably wouldn't be interested in doing anything with him.

I just want somebody that cares for the character to get the rights to Crash Bandicoot. I don't care who it is as long as they keep the games good and coming, and keep Crash Bandicoot alive, exactly what Activision is not doing. 

Yeah, that sounds about right. It was the same for Insomniac with Spyro.

That, and knowing how much they dicked over Zembillas and Pearson, it wouldn't feel right. 

I guess it comes down who would want to pick up the franchise. Do they think a big enough profit could be made. Would Crash Bandicoot games be better suited for platforms like the PS Vita?

Edited by -Bender-

I just want somebody that cares for the character to get the rights to Crash Bandicoot. I don't care who it is as long as they keep the games good and coming, and keep Crash Bandicoot alive, exactly what Activision is not doing. 

Seriously, it's like Activision bought the rights just to sit on them.

Or perhaps Mario bribed them into not making anymore games...

I don't think ND is interested in buying the rights of Crash Bandicoot themselves (like all of sudden go there and "-hey, can we keep it?"), unless Activision consider selling it. Crash only ended up at the hands of them, coz' Universal turned into Vivendi Universal, that turned into Vicarious Vision, that turned into Sierra, that turned into Radical, that belongs to Activision. Crash was never "for sale" I think.

I have read lots of interviews, some of the old devs blogs, and yes, if they had the chance to do another Crash game, they would do it. Jason Rubin, Zembillas, Andy Gavin, even the Mutato Muzika said they would like to do more Crash music. If only Activision could gather this team, give them the money (I'm sure they have plenty)  and say: "-go ahead".

Edited by Jango

Weird thought.

What if Platinum Games decides to buy Crash's license and starts making Crash Bandicoot games again? o:

Meanwhile, some guy joins CM Forums one day to find info on Crash.

It turns out it was because he actually worked on the development of it, and knows why Crash 2010 was cancelled.

Well, maybe.

"Error: You must login to access this area. Please login below, or register for an account."

Awwww.

Weird thought.

What if Platinum Games decides to buy Crash's license and starts making Crash Bandicoot games again? o:

Crash Bandicoot doesn't seem to be their style, the closest thing they did was Okami.

"Error: You must login to access this area. Please login below, or register for an account."

Awwww.

They changed the Crash section to be login only too? That's something I wasn't aware of.

Alright then, copy/pasta time from the horse's mouth.

"I'm not sure how much you guys know so far so I'll just ramble. What do you want to know?

It was visually beautiful and had a really unique graphic art style as you can tell from the concept art and screen grabs. The basic gameplay was there as far as running around and clobbering enemies, but the "invention" system was really bare bones when I played it. You would find items and combine them to make tools and weapons which was a cool idea, but the menu system in which you created them was in early prototype form. The bigger issue was that the inventions didn't provide much bang for your buck. 

Also, the levels felt kind of empty in terms of enemies. It was hard to judge it because it was early in development, but everyone's impression at the time was that activision canned it because gameplay wasn't progressing fast enough and it felt like a risk despite how great it looked.

Last I heard, Activision still owned rights to Crash so I'm sure they'll develop something in the franchise soon (or already are?), but they don't usually revive canceled games... They might even sell it off like they did with True Crime 3 which was canceled but then given new life by SquareEnix years later as Sleeping Dogs."

No real info on any new game then, just a "I dunno maybe they will".....nevermind

• 2 weeks later...

So this was posted on Did You Know Gaming YT channel:

Never saw these unused levels from Crash 1 in action 0.0 The acid cave looks really nice.

So this was posted on Did You Know Gaming YT channel:

Never saw these unused levels from Crash 1 in action 0.0 The acid cave looks really nice.

I've read and seen all those beta levels elsewhere, except for that acid cave level. It would have fit in very nicely either directly after Koala Kong or after the level Generator Room.