Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

The Tawna story isn't true from what Zembillas recounted.

Edit: Ah, LCShadow and Hacc. Hacc especially used to be one of the best Crash hackers ever, he spent ages ripping through assets to find stuff, and then proceeded to do it with the Japanese versions as well.

Edited by VEDJ-F

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I saw that the other day, although I want a new game, I'm kind of glad we didn't get that though.

If the console version was going to be like the DS version, I would take it, I mean sure, the design of Crash isn't the greatest, but I'll take any Crash design if it gives him a new game.

Crash Landed's art was fakkin wonderful. I have no idea if the actual game would have turned out that well but it definitely seemed like an ambitious project from the looks of things, and would have definitely preferred any final result to sitting around wondering what could have been...

sigh.... KKKKOOOOOOTTTTIIIICCCCKKKKK

That concept art looks horribly generic. Nothing about it is wowing me at all.

Also, Crash with a health bar*? Ewwww

*Haven't played any Crash game since Wrath of Cortex and I completely expect there to be have been Crash games with health bars since then [/talkingshitaboutgamesihaventevenplayed]

Doesn't look like a concept art, Professor J

Just like CTR 2010, these are like the screenshots of the actual alpha/pre-alpha gameplay (WIP of course, wumpas are assumed to be used for health or maybe something else)

Also, the same Crash underwear state is also seen in the official Radical Ent. 20th anniversary picture via Facebook/website (yes, it is there)

Edited by Guest

Also, Crash with a health bar*? Ewwww

*Haven't played any Crash game since Wrath of Cortex and I completely expect there to be have been Crash games with health bars since then [/talkingshitaboutgamesihaventevenplayed]

Any game after Twinsanity.

I'm only thinking that he has two extra hit points from what I saw.

That looks awesome, really. Tho, I could accept anything at this point ^^' Anyway, too bad it's just another canceled dream :(

I'm just a little baffled about Sony doing nothing; they could money hat Activision to license or exclusively get some Crash games (like the three game deal with Sega and Nintendo for exclusive Sonic games) and use the 'nostalgia' card to get people interested in the series again. 

What the next Crash should be is a reboot of the series that takes all the classic elements (alongside some of Twinsantiy's charm/humor) and adds some additional elements like a open world ala Jak and Daxter, open-ended approaches to collect purple gems, and more. 

As for this discussion, its a shame we never saw this Crash game see the light of day, as we haven't seen the bandicoot in ages :(

Wait is that actual music from the game? That's one of the Spiralmouth guys from Twinsanity... if he was on board then... fuck you, Kotick. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Something for old school fans. (And most fans)

Ah yes. Ye olde missing a crate and doing crazy things to try and get it.

Darn shame he didn't have his bazooka, that thing is awesome.

I'll echo the above sentiments that Sony should really get to trying to cash in Crash's popularity. Then again at times I wonder if he's fortunate when we see what's happened to Spyro. Though the fact Ty the Tasmanian Tiger is getting a game and not him is kind of bizarre (Well, I guess Ty was right on besting one of the three classic platforming heroes).

I just wonder why Activision squats on the property. What is the point in a property if you don't intend to use it? They should sell it to a company that would make use of it.

Obligatory wishful thinking that they'd sell it to SEGA so we could get a Crash/Sonic crossover. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Obligatory wishful thinking that they'd sell it to SEGA so we could get a Crash/Sonic crossover. tongue.png

Crash Bandicoot and Sonic at Wimbledon Tennis Games!

That's the kind of game we'd get.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something for old school fans. (And most fans)

yep...that's about right.

• 2 months later...

Frankly I'm surprised they don't eat him.

I guess they were going to be enemies on the course however, and would grab you in their mouth and throw you back if you got too close to their karts.

• 1 month later...

Wow, so Crash's death is due to both Naughty Dog's refusal to work on another game, Activision against series being PlayStation exclusive, his appearance in All-Stars not happening due to greed, and Activision even firing people wanting the series back again.....

We all know how Activision is with there franchises and how they only stick to a select few (like Skylanders and COD, soon being Destiny) but that was quite an enlighting video......

If that intern is right, at least we might see Crash again within the next two years at least.