Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Do we have any confirmation that the DLC is definitely going to be included in the game? I know there's a good chance the answer will turn out to be yes eventually, but we could do with having it written down.

Edited by Gerkuman

Do we have any confirmation that the DLC is definitely going to be included in the game? I know there's a good chance the answer will turn out to be yes eventually, but we could do with having it written down.

Yes, Greg Johnson is in talks with SEGA about Toejam & Earl as DLC.

• Sonic News

It kiiiiiiinda bothers me and it's unfortunate that he most likely won't be in the game (Still looking at the potential success of this 'campaign', DLC, etc), but it doesn't bother me enough to yell at other people for being skeptical of the news that he isn't. If they don't believe it, let them find out on their own. Say your piece and go. Don't fill this topic with stupid bickering.

Also, your NiGHTS/Zelda comparison makes no sense.

The bickering and drama is coming from both sides my friend, and from where I stand the naysayers started it ;). The NiD.com people brought very little drama to this. Regrettably, the whole "burning their merch" thing was taken as a serious threat rather then conveying how serious they where about the info instead XD

This wouldn't be the first time NiGHTS has apparently been a shoe in, but not actually been in the game. Remember the daily updates Smash Bros got? One of them was a full list of the musicians contributing to the game, there was one in particular that I found rather interesting:

Tomoko Sasaki (TOKIOHEIDI) NiGHTS

But guess what? He was listed like that so they could obfuscate that Sonic was in the game. If they wanted to do that, it's not like those are the only two franchises he's composed for, here's the full list off Mobygames:

Super Smash Bros.: Brawl (2008), Nintendo Co., Ltd.

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (2007), SEGA Corporation

Feel the Magic XY/XX (2004), SEGA Corporation

Sonic Adventure 2 (2001), SEGA of America, Inc.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (2001), SEGA Corporation

Sega Rally 2 Championship (1999), SEGA Corporation

Space Channel 5 (1999), SEGA Enterprises Ltd.

Burning Rangers (1998), SEGA of America, Inc.

NiGHTS into Dreams... (1996), SEGA Enterprises Ltd.

Toonstruck (1996), Sold Out Sales & Marketing Ltd.

Ristar (1995), SEGA Enterprises Ltd.

Virtua Racing Deluxe (1994), SEGA of America, Inc.

Panic! (1993), Data East Corporation

I wasn't expecting him to be playable, I was thinking a Assist Trophy or maybe a musical track or something would be included, but NiGHTS didn't even get a sticker in Smash Bros.

The name change also makes me suspicious, almost as if they did it as an excuse to explain why NiGHTS wouldn't be included. Putting Sonic in the title is essentially the excuse for why Sonic characters occupy a good quarter of the roster.

Yes, Greg Johnson is in talks with SEGA about Toejam & Earl as DLC.

In otherwords, the NiGHTS fanbase has the ToeJam & Earl fanbase to thank. I appreciate that DiGi acknowledged us in his campaign and livestream, too.

Edited by NinMicroSega

The biggest thing I'm concerned about is people loosing their jobs. Sumo are a fantastic developer and I'd absolutely hate if someone their lost their job because of all this bickering. Not because of the campaign mind you, but the talk of all these 'sources' and leaks of the final roster. It is sort of the companies fault to leak the information in the first place, but still. I'd rather not have NiGHTS in the game then have someone loose their job, basically.

The biggest thing I'm concerned about is people loosing their jobs. Sumo are a fantastic developer and I'd absolutely hate if someone their lost their job because of all this bickering. Not because of the campaign mind you, but the talk of all these 'sources' and leaks of the final roster. It is sort of the companies fault to leak the information in the first place, but still. I'd rather not have NiGHTS in the game then have someone loose their job, basically.

I don't believe DiGi's sources are Sumo.

I don't believe DiGi's sources are Sumo.

From what I gather, Sumo gave a certain someone the roster in hope of getting two characters in it as DLC and that roster made it into other peoples hands somehow. I might well be wrong and I really hope I am, but if not it's a terribly risky thing to do on every-bodies parts. I haven't been keeping up with things 100% (there's so much discussion surrounding this campaign) so I may have most likely missed something.

Edited by bolt7

It bugs me that they used the sound of a V8 for the engine of Sonic's car when the trailer where the hood gets knocked off clearly shows six intake runners per bank, meaning it would be a V12.

It bugs me that they used the sound of a V8 for the engine of Sonic's car when the trailer where the hood gets knocked off clearly shows six intake runners per bank, meaning it would be a V12.

Yeah, might as well complain about Ryo's forklift having its front wheels turn instead of the rear.

Wait, theres a trailer where the hood on Sonic's car gets knocked off? I haven't seen it... and I'm pretty sure I've seen every trailer..

Wait, theres a trailer where the hood on Sonic's car gets knocked off? I haven't seen it... and I'm pretty sure I've seen every trailer..

Sonic's hood was knocked off in the Announcement Trailer. Keep in mind that the engine of Sonic's car is located in the rear, as opposed to the front.

sasasrengine1.jpg

sasasrengine2.jpg

I know absolutely nothing about automotive technology. Anybody who does feel free to elaborate upon the engine featured here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damage Models Confirmed!!!

From that brief, obstructed view, I would call it a V12. however, given the nature of this game, I would say it is much more likely to be something akin to an extra turbo strapped onto the back to support a front loaded engine under all that hood. So I got no beef with the V8 on the soundtrack.

Also, the V12 would lend more credence to a foreign vehicle, and I happen to be a big supporter of American muscle. particularly Ford.

First On Race Day

suck it in.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, it's:

Fix Or Repair Daily.

Haha i know a friend on MSN you would get along with. He cracks jokes about FORD daily on MSN.

"FORD: Drive a mile, then walk the rest"

Sonic's hood was knocked off in the Announcement Trailer. Keep in mind that the engine of Sonic's car is located in the rear, as opposed to the front.

sasasrengine1.jpg

sasasrengine2.jpg

I know absolutely nothing about automotive technology. Anybody who does feel free to elaborate upon the engine featured here.

AH! Okay. I didn't know the engine was on the back.

Edited by ShadiWulf

Sorry, it's:

Fix Or Repair Daily.

Please. Everyone Knows that Fords are Forever On Roads Driving

(and you really should preform daily upkeep on your ride. Gas and Go behavior is what puts you on the side of the road, not the car - just a tip ;) )

and I wonder if there will ever be a peek behind the scenes in this game to actually see what car sounds they used for it. I love little tidbits like that. :lol:

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Damage Models Confirmed!!!

From that brief, obstructed view, I would call it a V12. however, given the nature of this game, I would say it is much more likely to be something akin to an extra turbo strapped onto the back to support a front loaded engine under all that hood. So I got no beef with the V8 on the soundtrack.

The front hood of Sonic's car is tiny, it would have to practically be in his lap. Besides, front engined racing cars have side pipes to avoid getting in the way of the rear diffuser. I also have never seen a jet engine or rocket motor with an air box or intake runners... and the drive line would have to be between his legs. And they better not have put Sonic in a car and then made it a front engined car D8

It's hard to tell what the thing on the back is, it doesn't do anything in game.

Also, the V12 would lend more credence to a foreign vehicle, and I happen to be a big supporter of American muscle. particularly Ford.

Yuji Naka happens to be a big supporter of Ferrari, saying they're the best cars in the world. But what's funny about this particular car is that the transmission appears to be in front of the engine, like in a Lamborghini, Ferrari's long time rival.

and I wonder if there will ever be a peek behind the scenes in this game to actually see what car sounds they used for it. I love little tidbits like that.

I hope they changed it since Comic Con,

now is pretty bad. It sounds almost like they based it off of Jeremy Clarkson's dieing Maserati.

I think it should sound more like this.

Fix Or Repair Daily.

Found On Road Dead.

Edited by Phos

The front hood of Sonic's car is tiny, it would have to practically be in his lap. Besides, front engined racing cars have side pipes to avoid getting in the way of the rear diffuser. I also have never seen a jet engine or rocket motor with an air box or intake runners... and the drive line would have to be between his legs. And they better not have put Sonic in a car and then made it a front engined car D8

Eh, its deceptively long. Plus, its not like we're dealing with 06 Sonic, his legs can't take up that much room. On top of that, what it lacks in length, it makes up for with width. With that kinda lateral space, a proper mechanic *cough*Tails*cough* could rig up almost any set-up.

Found On Road Dead.

Gah, no quit with you people.

How hard is it to accept that Ford represents the Finest On Reliability & Durability

but then again, you guys wont get it cause they're For Only Real Drivers :P

Eh, its deceptively long. Plus, its not like we're dealing with 06 Sonic, his legs can't take up that much room. On top of that, what it lacks in length, it makes up for with width. With that kinda lateral space, a proper mechanic *cough*Tails*cough* could rig up almost any set-up.

There's not enough room for a transverse set up either. Keep in mind you have to keep it mind the front wheel wells need to be bigger than the rears to give enough room for them to turn.

but then again, you guys wont get it cause they're For Only Real Drivers :P

According to JD Power, Porsche won the latest performance and design category. No surprise there

How hard is it to accept that Ford represents the Finest On Reliability & Durability

According to consumer reports, Ford is the best American brand when it comes to reliability. This wasn't exactly the case a bit over ten years ago.

The biggest thing I'm concerned about is people loosing their jobs.

Oh, don't worry. I wouldn't have pushed the campaign to this length without seeing if my sources were ok about what i was going to do. As i've said countless times, i have treated this campaign with respect for every party involved. Which is why Tristan can get his own sources to tell them "DiGi's right, NiGHTS isn't playable!" because i'm not going to grass-up where i got my info from.

From what I gather, Sumo gave a certain someone the roster

Also, i just want to make this quickly known here. I have not seen the roster at all. My only concern is for NiGHTS and it was on the basis of NiGHTS i went looking for information. Anything i have been informed about only revolved around that single character and nothing else about the rest of game.

Sorry to bring us back to this again, i just wanted to address these things real quick so we don't go down the wrong pathway in regards to those points :)

But you do have sources inside of Sega or Sumo?

Again, i'm not answering where the sources came from if it could even in the slightest chance get them fired. It is a very dangerous situation to be in and as much as i would like to answer questions like these please understand for the sake of the parties involved i can not.

All i can say is that the sources themselves have been reliable just like when JoD was in production.

Edited by DiGi Valentine

I think what is pissing a lot of people off is that some of those for the campaign have this "be grateful DiGi did this for you or shut the hell up" when many of us either just don't give a crap or don't want to praise people who leak inside information.

• Thumbs Up 1

or don't want to praise people who leak inside information.

So like, if you got a tip that said "Ristar isn't in this game, but if you make enough fuss before release, theres a good chance he could make it in DLC", you'd not be ok with that ?

You'd be more happy to wait until the game was released to find out he wasn't in, at which point it would be too late.