Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Again, i'm not answering where the sources came from if it could even in the slightest chance get them fired. It is a very dangerous situation to be in and as much as i would like to answer questions like these please understand for the sake of the parties involved i can not.

All i can say is that the sources themselves have been reliable just like when JoD was in production.

So you say you don't want to risk your source's job by naming it or hinting it BUT you go on several places claiming that you have a source who told you about NiGHTS non-playable in the game. Don't you think it's kinda risky ?

I once had a source about Sonic Heroes, who talked about it a bit before its announcement, he showed me (and some others) the CG arts and some screens before they got released on the net. He asked us to stay silent about it but just one person revealed a very few details on a few boards and as a result, our source was almost fired by request of Sega. I find the situations similars.

So like, if you got a tip that said "Ristar isn't in this game, but if you make enough fuss before release, theres a good chance he could make it in DLC", you'd not be ok with that ?

You'd be more happy to wait until the game was released to find out he wasn't in, at which point it would be too late.

Dude, just stop it now. It won't end like this. It's getting a bit tiring. I'm not against talking about NiGHTs being in or not, but the whole "If X wasn't in, wouldn't you do the same?" is getting annoying.

Edit: I sound like an ass, but I'm just saying that it won't end like this :).

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

So like, if you got a tip that said "Ristar isn't in this game, but if you make enough fuss before release, theres a good chance he could make it in DLC", you'd not be ok with that ?

You'd be more happy to wait until the game was released to find out he wasn't in, at which point it would be too late.

^Bingo. ToeJam & Earl fans were lucky to actually be told out-right that ToeJam & Earl weren't going to be in the game due to licensing issues.

Edited by NinMicroSega

Firstly, I wouldn't fight for Ristar as I *gasp!* don't care about Ristar being in the game. Secondly, I trust Sumo and Sega to make good decisions on the game. Hell, we didn't even petition for Ryo Hazuki and yet there he is in the game. Thirdly, these leaks came from seeing the finalized character roster, so efforts to get characters in would come down to DLC which I personally would rather not participate in. If the character is not on the disc, I don't want to spend even more money to download what wasn't intended to be there. If the DLC is a pre-order exclusive, I may be swayed to buy from the retailer offering the character I enjoy the most.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well lets say, for the point of argument, Robotnik was the character in question, would you care then?

Nah, I love Eggers, but wouldn't be hurt if he wasn't a racer. I'd be certain he'd be a part of the track if not included. Imagine Eggman in a Sonic 1-style wrecking ball equipped Egg-Mobile, that would be an awesome track hazard for the Green Hill/Seaside Hill level. Having said that, I didn't doubt Eggman's inclusion as he had been in Tennis and, unlike NiGHTS, is perfectly suited for a vehicle.

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well lets say, for the point of argument, Robotnik was the character in question, would you care then?

Apparently he wouldn't. He'd be all like "Nah, Dr. Robotnik Eggman is an obvious addition! He's just an unlockable character. I don't believe my source."

unlike NiGHTS, is perfectly suited for a vehicle.

That's news to me. Care to explain?

What'd I say? -_-:P

Thats because Eggman builds machines and stuff. NiGHTs usually flys or transforms. ^^

Edit: Ok , why the fuck was I negatively rated this time?!

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 3

Apparently he wouldn't. He'd be all like "Nah, Dr. Robotnik Eggman is an obvious addition! He's just an unlockable character. I don't believe my source."

Are you serious? Nearly every Eggman appearance has had the Doctor in a vehicle. THe man is made to be a driver. Remember the first Sonic 2 boss battle? Hell, Eggman could have been in any form of vehicle, be in hover, winged or wheeled.

NiGHTS however is prone to flying on his own, which would make him the only character not in a vehicle of any kind and rendering him rather small on the track.

Dude, you asked why Eggman was perfectly suited for a vehicle! WTF?! Eggman is also better suited than Sonic, I never said he isn't.

Edited by MarcelloF

Maybe I should have cut off the rest of what Barry put in that quote. I was only referring to this part:

"unlike NiGHTS"

and then I should have already mentioned how Sonic is in the game driving a freaking vehicle instead of running.

EDIT: Sorry, I just woke up.

Edited by NinMicroSega

Oh for fucks sake, don't turn this into a Sonic running discussion. Sonic was in the game running or not. Sumo has said that they tried to implement running and it didn't work. NiGHTS, however, was never a certain addition. NiGHTS fans have just become so spoiled with years of cameos that they have come to assume he is a must for every character roster. Like I've said before, I think lack of NiGHTS is a good thing. Teaches the fanbase a bit of much needed humility.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh for fucks sake, don't turn this into a Sonic running discussion. Sonic was in the game running or not. Sumo has said that they tried to implement running and it didn't work. NiGHTS, however, was never a certain addition. NiGHTS fans have just become so spoiled with years of cameos that they have come to assume he is a must for every character roster. Like I've said before, I think lack of NiGHTS is a good thing. Teaches the fanbase a bit of much needed humility.

The same should be done for Ness and Lucas in the next Smash Bros., too. I mean, the Mother/Earthbound fanbase needs to be taught a bit of much needed humility as well.

Sonic usually runs. Your point?

But he drove cars before (Sonic Drift 1&2...)

Are we really arguing about one character in a videogame anyway? That's silly.

I want a campaign to bring Ecco the Dolphin in the game!! And Blaze the cat ! How about Vyze and that Crazy Taxi hero?!

That makes me think... Are we going to have some kind of "Dreamcast cast"? Ulala, Beat, Ryo, Amigo, HotD, even the Sonic characters appeared on the DC (Sonic, Tails, Knux, Amy, Shadow, Big)...

Marcello: gave you a positive point so you're now at 0 ;)

Are we really arguing about one character in a videogame anyway? That's silly.

I'm not going to lie. With this NiGHTS campaign, other fanbases benefit from it. It will make downloadable content a sure-thing, thus bringing ToeJam & Earl with it. It's a win-win situation for me.

Edited by NinMicroSega

I said "unlike NiGHTS" because he doesn't have a history of being in vehicles. The same could be said for Beat, a character that I love. I admit, I'm still iffy on Beat in a car, but at least he's a walking talking humanoid that is completely capable of driving a Tokyo Drift-like car.

I'm not going to lie. With this NiGHTS campaign, other fanbases benefit from it. It will make downloadable content a sure-thing, thus bringing ToeJam & Earl with it. It's a win-win situation for me.

Or, SEGA/SUMO will just ignore it. :P The argument doesn't interest them at all. The campaign, maybe/probably, but you think they are going to read this a give a damn? :P

Oh for fucks sake, don't turn this into a Sonic running discussion. Sonic was in the game running or not. Sumo has said that they tried to implement running and it didn't work. NiGHTS, however, was never a certain addition.

^How do you know they didn't have NiGHTS as a rocket early on in the game's stages?

I said "unlike NiGHTS" because he doesn't have a history of being in vehicles. The same could be said for Beat, a character that I love. I admit, I'm still iffy on Beat in a car, but at least he's a walking talking humanoid that is completely capable of driving a Tokyo Drift-like car.

^Okay, it's "news to me" that a humanoid being (which NiGHTS is) is incapable of driving.

Or, SEGA/SUMO will just ignore it. :P The argument doesn't interest them at all. The campaign, maybe/probably, but you think they are going to read this a give a damn? :P

^SEGA has shown interest in downloadable content. What makes you think they won't do it? All other companies like to nickel-and-dime us; SEGA would be stupid not to join in on the "fun."

Edited by NinMicroSega

^How do you know they didn't have NiGHTS as a rocket early on in the game's stages?

^Okay, it's "news to me" that a humanoid being (which NiGHTS is) is incapable of driving.

Read the bold. He didn't say NiGHTS can't drive a car, just that Eggman has a history of driving vehicles.

Edit: I said nothing about no DLC. I said this argument here doesn't interest them.

Edited by MarcelloF

Don't see why most of you are all against pushing for NiGHTS as DLC, S0L says to keep pushing, because there is nothing wrong with pushing for a character. but he can't confirm or deny NiGHTS presence due to NDA

http://www.nightsintodreams.com/forum//index.php?s=&showtopic=3620&view=findpost&p=81932

Hello,

I've been keeping an eye on your campaign for NiGHTS, and whilst I simply cannot talk about NiGHTS status in the game (as we're not to confirm or deny anything!) what I have to say is what an amazing fanbase you are.

We've had all manner of emails at Sumo, we get some great ones, some strange ones and some downright shouty ones!

But the ones I've enjoyed the most have been the ones from NiGHTS fans. You're always polite, enthusiastic and most of all, dedicated!

Should you all be making noise to make sure NiGHTS appears? As above, I can't answer that for you, that would be a confirmation or denial we're not allowed to do

What I would say is I don't feel there is any harm in showing your support for any character. What have you to lose? If that character is already in the game, then you're home free. If they're not, it could make a difference.

Anyway - back to the grind

---

S0L

---

Marcellof, Barry's argument is

I admit, I'm still iffy on Beat in a car, but at least he's a walking talking humanoid that is completely capable of driving a Tokyo Drift-like car.

Last I checked, NiGHTS is also a walking, talking humanoid. When has a "walking, talking humanoid" with arms, hands, legs, and feet been unable to drive a vehicle?