Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I'm starting to hope NiGHTS isn't in the game. The whole campaign for him is getting annoying.

That's kinda spiteful, don't you think? This whole "campaign" is positively stupid, but ouch. I'm not gonna hope for this or that in a video game just to upset people.

That's kinda spiteful, don't you think? This whole "campaign" is positively stupid, but ouch. I'm not gonna hope for this or that in a video game just to upset people.

Okay, I was kidding. In fact I'm positive NiGHTS will be in the game in some capacity. It's just the fact that Sumo is being barraged with requests to do something they've already done is silly. Who wouldn't make a Sega racing game and not include a NiGHTS course? Hell, they have to hold off on some surprises.

Space Channel 5 has been mentioned twice in official articles and interviews, yet has yet to be seen. There still is much to be revealed.

Edited by Doctor Eggman

What sort of developer who stays in touch with the fanbase is going to come along and say, "You guys are all a bunch of fucking retards. Piss off.", eh? I don't have the slightest idea as to what any devs truly think about the Sonic and NiGHTS fanbases, but I just wanted to point that out.

I'll not join in this campaign because it's just the fans be fans as usual. Things are being blown out of proportion when little is actually known. If anything more is known then you either say so or plenty of people are just going to get ticked off. Clearly you're a more credible bunch than "ultimatesonicandshadowfan97" on Youtube, but there's a limit on everything.

EDIT: Tried to come off as less on a ass.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I will reiterate that personally I am all for original NiGHTS in SASAR or nothing. Please no Journey into Dreams designs...

Nah, he wouldn't have come through our forum otherwise if he didn't mean it. S0L's a busy guy. He wouldn't waste time on a community saying stuff like that if it was just for 'the hell of it'. Why, if we irritated him i'm pretty sure we'd get a different kinda response, to be honest. And this campaign right now is not aimed at Sumo anyway. We passed that months ago.

Does S0L come around here at all, actually?

I will reiterate that personally I am all for original NiGHTS in SASAR or nothing. Please no Journey into Dreams designs...

Disagreement. JoD NiGHTS, with the few changes to design looks vastly better to NiD NiGHTS. There's plenty to say about voices though...

EDIT: I would doubt that he comes about here. Some people value their lives.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

If anything more is known then you either say so or shut up.

Watch for the live broadcast tomorrow ...or furthermore watch a recording of it. Edited by DiGi Valentine

NiGHTS restyle in JoD is way better than the original, except for the gloves, absolutely horrid. bare hands were a lot more original.

Anyway Steve's happy post confirm NiGHTS presence as playable to me. This campaign is becoming way usless. I love NiGHTS, he's my third favourite SEGA character after Sonic and Ryo Hazuky, and I appreciate your love for him too; a love that brought you to create this big capaign.

Now I'm more conviced that I'm going to use together, for the firs time, my 3 favourite characters in the same game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I still think, however, that we will be seeing classic NiGHTS. Why?

Tennis: JSR/JGR Beat

NJOD NiGHTS

Racing: JSRF Beat

NID NiGHTS

Is it Jet Set Radio Future Beat? I couldn't really tell from the shots we've seen. If so that's lame. The original Jet Set Radio look for Beat stomps the Future design into the dust.

Yeah, it's the JSRF Beat. The new radio logo is on the hood. I love booth versions of Beat, however I really think that the cel shading MAKES the character, and never was a fan of the plain 3D look applied to Beat in Tennis. Loses a bit of the edge.

Sonic___SEGA_All-Stars_Racing-PS3Screenshots18484SASASR_3.jpg

Beat I still think gets some edge, even if not completely cellshaded.

EDIT: ...Thought it would lower. Point is, I still think he retains himself unshaded even.

Edited by Dusk the Crypt Keeper

Disagreement. JoD NiGHTS, with the few changes to design looks vastly better to NiD NiGHTS. There's plenty to say about voices though...

nights3.gifnights_art_flute2.jpg

NiGHTS's new design raeped the color scheme and got rid of one of my favorite features - that collar thing. The old design is somehow simultaneously more exaggerated and more subtle. The bright red collar also attracts the eye too much, with the old design, your eye follows it much more smoothly. And one interesting thing about NiGHTS: I didn't even realize NiGHTS had a waist coat on until I saw the revise design with it's garish color scheme.

Edited by Phos

NiGHTS's new design raeped the color scheme and got rid of one of my favorite features - that collar thing. The old design is somehow simultaneously more exaggerated and more subtle. The bright red collar also attracts the eye too much, with the old design, your eye follows it much more smoothly. And one interesting thing about NiGHTS: I didn't even realize NiGHTS had a waist coat on until I saw the revise design with it's garish color scheme.

Thank you!! My thoughts exactly. The new collar is too bright to fit with the rest of the costume, drawing the eye as you've said. Also, I do really miss the old collar, it was one of my favorite things to draw on NiGHTS. His classic color scheme can be broken down into four colors: purple, pink, flesh and yellow. Just like Sonic (blue, red, flesh, yellow) it keeps things simple. I equate the NJID design with the SA2 Sonic with all the power ups. Too many colors and unnecessary accessories.

Plus the classic brings with it memories of the Saturn, and who doesn't love the Saturn? :D

That, and new NiGHTS' face is too round and the eyes are waaay too feminene, at least classic NiGHTS looked ambiguous which was the whole point. I don't even know why NiGHTS WAS redesigned, fair enough Sonic was because Adventure was a whole new direction but JoD wasn't. They kept Amigo's design the same ffs.

I find it funny that classic NiGHTS fans use the terms it or he while new JID fans refer to NiGHTS as it or she.

I prefer the simple dialog too. "Aptiva!" and "What-the!?" were classic.

I like NiGHTS new design; maybe the could've exaggerated the collar cuff more, but all in all I like all the detail they have put in. That being said I never actually played or got into classic NiGHTS, so I may not have the rose-tinted glasses, but the pure cool design of NiGHTS is what drew me to want to play NiGHTS on the wii...then I realised it was shit.

I like the charcater though, he/she/it's adrongynous self feels very much like a Sonic character and I could see it feel right at home in a Sonic game, in fact I never understood why they didn't just use NiGHTS and it's cast for Sonic Shuffle; for as far as I can remember they both had fairly similiar ideas.

Anyway, arguing NiGHTS design seems as futile as arguing Sonic's change in design. They wanted to update the character, make it more modern, more appealing - 'tis the way of the world unfortunately.

Ah-ha! NiGHTS was in Shuffle as Christmas replacement for Lumina. I'm sure you knew that, but I had to point it out ;)

I imagined Shuffle as a Sonic/NiGHTS crossover in the sense that Maginary World is in essence the Nightopia of imagination. Sort of the in between for the waking world and the dream world. Lumina is a type of Nightmaren, maybe an Imagimaren. Void was a sort of anti-Nightmaren. NiGHTS cameos as he has access to that world.

Ah-ha! NiGHTS was in Shuffle as Christmas replacement for Lumina. I'm sure you knew that, but I had to point it out ;)

I imagined Shuffle as a Sonic/NiGHTS crossover in the sense that Maginary World is in essence the Nightopia of imagination. Sort of the in between for the waking world and the dream world. Lumina is a type of Nightmaren, maybe an Imagimaren. Void was a sort of anti-Nightmaren. NiGHTS cameos as he has access to that world.

Ah interesting, I did not know that actually! I knew there was a christmas version of NiGHTS and it had something to do with Sonic, but I thought it was from Sonic jam or some other that era thingy I wasn't too familiar on. Quite interesting :o

Ah interesting, I did not know that actually! I knew there was a christmas version of NiGHTS and it had something to do with Sonic, but I thought it was from Sonic jam or some other that era thingy I wasn't too familiar on. Quite interesting :o

Theres also a version of NiD called Christmas NiGHTS where you can play through Spring Valley as Sonic in the appropriately titled 'Sonic into Dreams' xD

Don't forget that NiGHTS was made taller. And I like the old design better for all the reasons Phos said. But I don't really mind the new gloves.

And here's a video of "Sonic into Dreams" if anyone's interested....

You also get to see Robotnik-Claus towards the end!