Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I want proof. I had enough of this useless campaign. You're fooling us without giving any proofs. why are you so scared to give us them? you're not working for SEGA, right? someone told you this? TELL US before trying to convince anyone

Edited by BlueHedgehog92
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Guys, I have already gotten into trouble over this, so you would too. It's best to NOT ask for sources in this situation. Take his word for it. Besides, he knew of Journey of Dreams way before anyone else. Isn't that proof enough?

I want proof. I had enough of this useless campaign. You're fooling us without giving any proofs. why are you so scared to give us them? you're not working for SEGA, right? someone told you this? TELL US before trying to convince anyone

It's called "Sensitive info" that possibly only a few people at SEGA know, and it could possibly get that whole group of people fired since no one would admit to it. It's best some things stay silent.

If you support NiGHTS as a character and want to be playable in the game, then send in an e-mail.

If you don't, then just stop bringing it up and talk about other stuff related to SEGA All-Stars Racing.

• Thumbs Up 1

You guys are being stupid. Really. He doesn't need to do anything, it's not the biggest deal, he's not in, you can either whine and demand proof or just try something or do nothing.

You guys don't get how trust works between parties on this, he found out something, he tries to let us know, and this is the very reason why we don't get info like this often because of backlash like this. You don't need to believe or care, but don't go pouncing on him saying we need anything, we really don't. You guys say like he can just come out and tell you when there's far more legal problems with it than that.

Edited by Dusk the Crypt Keeper

Okay, this is about as much as I can take. I don't post much, but I had to say that while I also wish NiGHTS could be in this game, and I've never played a NiGHTS game before, and actually supported the campaign, but I draw the line at the bet that you'll burn all your NiGHTS merchandise if he is in. Is this really that big a dealthat you'll burn up all your hard earned NiGHTS stuff and videotape it? Clearly, that other guy isn't really going to burn his socks. And if he is, is it really worth it to bet tons of merchandise for a dying franchrise for socks? Thats a sucker bet.

Now I'm gonna be nice about this, do you have any proof at all that NiGHTS isn't in? They haven't even said anything about Ulala either, and she's one of the franchises who was in every Sega Superstars game. We found out about Ulala through a leak. They probably are just keeping it secret, or NiGHTS is unlockable, who knows?

You guys don't get how trust works between parties on this, he found out something, he tries to let us know, and this is the very reason why we don't get info like this often because of backlash like this

Same thing happened with the Brawl Roster. A lot of people leaked faked ones, and then someone on NeoGAF posted one, which later on turned out to be real. That caused a lot of mayhem, accusations, flaming topics, and so forth.

This always seems to happen. Because of this, I don't think people should leak information at all. We should just learn to be patient and wait for official news.

• Thumbs Up 2

this situation is stupid. NO ONE AT SEGA should give away any kind of info about a game. And they cearly didn't do this. I've already sent email for asking about NiGHTS, but I don't belive this bunch of people. I repeat: TELL US everything you know. If someone broke the law, it is right for him to be fired

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

We should just learn to be patient and wait for official news.

Then it would be too late for NiGHTS as DLC. Best to start the campaign now than to wait for it to be all over.

Okay, this is about as much as I can take. I don't post much, but I had to say that while I also wish NiGHTS could be in this game, and I've never played a NiGHTS game before, and actually supported the campaign, but I draw the line at the bet that you'll burn all your NiGHTS merchandise if he is in. Is this really that big a dealthat you'll burn up all your hard earned NiGHTS stuff and videotape it? Clearly, that other guy isn't really going to burn his socks. And if he is, is it really worth it to bet tons of merchandise for a dying franchrise for socks? Thats a sucker bet.

Now I'm gonna be nice about this, do you have any proof at all that NiGHTS isn't in? They haven't even said anything about Ulala either, and she's one of the franchises who was in every Sega Superstars game. We found out about Ulala through a leak. They probably are just keeping it secret, or NiGHTS is unlockable, who knows?

It's not actually a bet, it's a falsebet, in other words he already knows the outcome and has known the outcome this whole time, and him making the bet is because he already knows he can't loose because he knows what is going to happen and makes the bet to let us know how certain he is that he is that NiGHTS isn't in.

He cannot tell us the source of his knowledge, that's breaking trust and something I like to call "The Code", also quite possibly making them loose their job, but you can either believe or not believe, but DiGi is certain and hasn't given us any reason over the years to deny him.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone broke the law, it is right for him to be fired

NDA isn't a law. It's something you sign when you work for a corporation. It's to prevent leaks that could damage a company's reputation, let its competitor get ahead, etcetera.

Edited by NinMicroSega

in other words he already knows the outcome and has known the outcome this whole time, and him making the bet is because he already knows he can't loose because he knows what is going to happen

Sounds like me with every bet. XD I never bet unless I'm certain I'm going to win. And yes, by all means the campaign should start now. I'm just saying that I would prefer it if all this source thing stopped, and people just pre-emptively made banners and petitions. (I mean, they rarely make too much of a difference anyway XD)

Ok, if you don't care about NiGHTS or this campaign then shut the hell up, it doesn't affect you in any way and moaning about it is going to nothing. The truth is the heads of the NiGHTS community (the NiGHTS equivelants of Dreadknux) KNOW that NiGHTS is not in the game (anyone who knew of JoD 6 months before the press is a BELIEVABLE SOURCE), through DLC the possiblity to see NiGHTS is there and the community are simply asking you for a mere minute of your time to try and raise the chances of the character their entire community is based around making it into this game. They can't give a source because unlike you inconsiderate bastards they actually give a shit about the people who were kind enough to put their jobs on the line to try and give this community a chance to make SEGA realise people want NiGHTS in this game. Just remember that you people complaining are also BEGGING for a leak of information on Needlemouse, hypocrisy at its finest my friends. Either support their campaign or shutup.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

• Sonic News

More like a couple of seconds...all you have to do is copy and paste a pre-written message. It's simple, it's easy, and everyone should do it.

DiGi IS the proof. He IS the source. He is about as reliable as you can get. If he says NiGHTS isn't playable, he isn't. If you don't care, fine, that's great. You don't need to be a jerk or call for people to be fired. This message is going out for all of those who DO care.

I don't like all the drama being placed around this. One of the primary reasons I didn't put this in SSN: it isn't really news worthy enough. We aren't a tabloid like...other Sonic news sites. But regardless, I think everyone NiGHTS and SEGA fan here needs to send that e-mail. Your not only asking for NiGHTS, your asking for DLC. A few thousand e-mails won't make a game com out, but you can BET YOUR BOTTOM it'll help something much cheaper like DLC get done.

Oh, by the way, TSSZ joins the skeptics:

http://www.tssznews.com/2009/11/19/division-over-nightss-rumored-asr-shutout/

Oddly enough, supporting part of their argument with articles that turned out to be...well, wrong. :(

f you don't care about NiGHTS or this campaign then shut the hell up, it doesn't affect you in any way and moaning about it is going to nothing.

I don't care about the campaign and I agree that I should really say much of anything, but..

I do feel the need to say all this drama is pretty fucking retarded and everyone needs to chill out.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 2

I still can't see how anyone who has an interest in this game (well, the ones who aren't just interested in the Sonic aspect at least) couldn't be bother by NiGHTS' lack of an appearance. NiGHTS is to SEGA what Zelda is to Nintendo, fair enough we went ages without a sequel but Yuji Naka himself said that besides a graphical update the game COULD NOT be improved. Even Miyamoto said that if there was one game he wished he had created it would be NiGHTS. Ignoring the lackluster sequel, to leave a franchise with such a legacy as NiGHTS out of game that even a one-shot character with no legacy such as Billy Hatcher can make it into is nothing short of an insult to SEGA fans.

I still can't see how anyone who has an interest in this game (well, the ones who aren't just interested in the Sonic aspect at least) couldn't be bother by NiGHTS' lack of an appearance. NiGHTS is to SEGA what Zelda is to Nintendo, fair enough we went ages without a sequel but Yuji Naka himself said that besides a graphical update the game COULD NOT be improved. Even Miyamoto said that if there was one game he wished he had created it would be NiGHTS. Ignoring the lackluster sequel, to leave a franchise with such a legacy as NiGHTS out of game that even a one-shot character with no legacy such as Billy Hatcher can make it into is nothing short of an insult to SEGA fans.

Saying NiGHTS is like SEGA's Zelda will upset a lot of SEGA fans. Luckily most of them don't post here =P SEGA makes so many different games that everyone has different opinions of what is best.

It kiiiiiiinda bothers me and it's unfortunate that he most likely won't be in the game (Still looking at the potential success of this 'campaign', DLC, etc), but it doesn't bother me enough to yell at other people for being skeptical of the news that he isn't. If they don't believe it, let them find out on their own. Say your piece and go. Don't fill this topic with stupid bickering.

Also, your NiGHTS/Zelda comparison makes no sense.

It's unfair to say "if you don't care about NiGHTS or this campaign then shut the hell up".

This is a discussion board for a reason. If somebody thinks this whole NiGHTS thing is something that is being blown way too far out of proportion by fans who should be thankful that NiGHTS has had all the attention over the past 15 years to begin with, then they have the right to say that.

• Thumbs Up 4

Here's a question for you supporters.

If this was known by the campaign heads months ago, why didn't you speak up then??

Because if you had, you may have had a fighting shot of NiGHTS getting programmer in. I reported a few days back that the ASR roster had been finalized; that was part of an E-mail SNAFU.

Instead, you stayed silent and are now banking on a DLC hope when DLC in of itself hasn't been outright confirmed?! Really?

That's where this starts to not make a lot of sense.

-T

Saying NiGHTS is like SEGA's Zelda will upset a lot of SEGA fans.

I wasn't comparing the gameplay styles xD. I see it like this: Mario is the face of Nintendo but OoT is still heralded as their greatest achievement.
SEGA makes so many different games that everyone has different opinions of what is best.

True, but you don't get Miyamoto wishing he had created Space Channel 5 lmao.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a question for you supporters.

If this was known by the campaign heads months ago, why didn't you speak up then??

Because if you had, you may have had a fighting shot of NiGHTS getting programmer in. I reported a few days back that the ASR roster had been finalized; that was part of an E-mail SNAFU.

Instead, you stayed silent and are now banking on a DLC hope when DLC in of itself hasn't been outright confirmed?! Really?

That's where this starts to not make a lot of sense.

-T

We knew a month or so ago, but only from one source. And that info was about the final roster. However, it was not enough to be 100% and say outright, risking crediblity, but enough to start dropping hints, and to start up a little campaign.

As that grew bigger, in the last week, 3 more sources have spoken to us confirming what the first source has told us. All of these sources are 100% legit and not some new bloke going with the crowd.

That's why we only flat out said he wasn't playable in tonights broadcast.

Edited by Jof

I wasn't comparing the gameplay styles xD. I see it like this: Mario is the face of Nintendo but OoT is still heralded as their greatest achievement.

True, but you don't get Miyamoto wishing he had created Space Channel 5 lmao.

Lol, you think they care about Miyamoto? =P They hate his guts

anways, just click here to see what I mean.

http://seganerds.thekartel.com/go/thread/view/87386/21854093/DiGi_Valentine_Confirms_NiGHTS_Absence_from_SASAR_Threatens_to_Burn_Entire_Merch_Collection

Lol, you think they care about Miyamoto? =P They hate his guts

Well, to have someone who at the time of NiGHTS' release was SEGA's greatest rival say the game was so good he wished he had created it is nothing short of an honour imo. He could have just as easily said 'lol its shit cos its sega' xD

• Thumbs Up 1