Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Did he? I never played the Riders series, but aren't there only boards there? I guess that would be kinda cool.

Well, NiGHTS rode a whole assortment of vehicles in the Riders series and looked fine doing so.

Whoops. Forgot about that. Yeah, so, in your faces. NiGHTS actually rode/drove a vehicle before Beat. Barry's argument nullified.

Did he? I never played the Riders series, but aren't there only boards there? I guess that would be kinda cool.

Nah, there are boards, skates and bikes in the original and glider-type things were added in the sequel. NiGHTS is even apparantly more adept with vehicles than Ulala considering she can't use bikes for NO REASON.

Marcellof, Barry's argument is

Last I checked, NiGHTS is also a walking, talking humanoid. When has a "walking, talking humanoid" with arms, hands, legs, and feet been unable to drive a vehicle?

To be honest I don't think thats how he meant it, but I'll wait to see his response.

Nah, there are boards, skates and bikes in the original and glider-type things were added in the sequel. NiGHTS is even apparantly more adept with vehicles than Ulala considering she can't use bikes for NO REASON.

Ah, cool, thanks.

Edit: I keep forgetting to say thanks Adamis :)

Edited by MarcelloF

My argument is not nullified. I didn't say NiGHTS is completely incapable of being in a vehicle. I said that NiGHTS does not have a history of driving emphasis on DRIVING vehicles. I equate DRIVING with a wheeled vehicle. Piloting, however, is within NiGHTS ability. Piloting applies to water and air based craft. You don't say "look at that guy driving the plane!". Beat has never driven before SASAR, however he skated on wheels and now is driving on wheels. Not a perfect transition like Ryo/Alex/Shadow on bikes a la previous games, but still its a plausible thing for Beat to do.

Were NiGHTS to be in the game, I'd (and I'm sure many fans) would prefer him flying or hovering in some sort of craft.

Ulala has not yet been confirmed, nor has it been said that she is on a bike. She has, however, done this many times in the games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABTTXhfvxLw

Edited by Doctor Eggman

Dunno. Ask them.

No, i was just wondering where this heated debate came from all of sudden, i wasn't blaming anybody.

But, hey. You guys continue your conversations. Don't mind me, i'm just slidin' through.

Edited by DiGi Valentine

Ulala has not yet been confirmed, nor has it been said that she is on a bike. She has, however, done this many times in the games:

I think Professor J was still talking about Sonic Riders :). Or I did I understand something wrong? Again, I've never played Riders/2

Oh come on NinMicroSega, you're a part of the discussion/argument as well. The core argument began when I stated that I wouldn't fight for DLC as I prefer to have the original character roster. It is a shame that NiGHTS isn't in it, but I don't care to campaign for him as DLC. Prof-J then asked if I'd push for DLC if it meant Eggman being playable, were he to not be on the roster. I said I wouldn't as Eggman would still have a place somewhere in the game.

NinMicroSega then used his catch-phrase "That's news to me. Care to explain?" in a reply to my statement that Eggman is more suited to a vehicle than NiGHTS, which is true.

Then NinMicroSega brought Sonic into it saying he "usually runs. Your point?". I then said that Sonic is beside the point, as he would be in the game either way. This snowballed into you assuming that I was saying NiGHTS is incapable of being in a vehicle, which I only half said. NiGHTS is not suited to a wheeled driving vehicle, but rather a flying vehicle.

I then stated that Beat is on an even level with NiGHTS in regards to never being in a vehicle, and I said that Beat is at least suited for a driving vehicle, again backing up my point that NiGHTS could pilot a vehicle if he wanted.

After a bit of back and forth and my reply, you made a reversal and said that you were never the one arguing and that I was simply wrong, when in fact I never was wrng because I wasn't trying to be "right" in the sense that NiGHTS can not be in any vehicle. He clearly has in the past and he clearly could be doing so, but he is not.

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 3

Reposting something I wrote on my own site...

DiGi…if you are so confident of your information…E-Mail me something…ANYTHING primary source related to corroborate your information. You can do it through my News Tips system, and I hear you have up to four sources, so any combination of up to those 4 will do just fine. You have my personal assurance that names, positions, etc. will be kept confidential.

I am not interested in ruining people’s lives. I am, however, interested in getting the story right. If you can give me something to affirm your cause, I will *immediately* retract Thursday's story.

A lot of people on this board would kill for the opportunity to embarrass me and what I write. If you have all these corroborating sources, you have a prime chance. Better not waste it. If you do, believe me, you'll have folks doubting you all the way to February.

-T

Reposting something I wrote on my own site...

DiGi…if you are so confident of your information…E-Mail me something…ANYTHING primary source related to corroborate your information. You can do it through my News Tips system, and I hear you have up to four sources, so any combination of up to those 4 will do just fine. You have my personal assurance that names, positions, etc. will be kept confidential.

I am not interested in ruining people’s lives. I am, however, interested in getting the story right. If you can give me something to affirm your cause, I will *immediately* retract Thursday's story.

A lot of people on this board would kill for the opportunity to embarrass me and what I write. If you have all these corroborating sources, you have a prime chance. Better not waste it. If you do, believe me, you'll have folks doubting you all the way to February.

-T

Nice commercial -__- . DiGi answered to this on your site. And the argument isn't really about this anymore.

Oh, an I loved the explanation Eggman XD.

Edited by MarcelloF

Hehe, this whole thing reminds me of the proposed but canceled seventh issue of the NiGHTS into Dreams Archie comic. A Nightopean civil war.

Oh, don't worry. I wouldn't have pushed the campaign to this length without seeing if my sources were ok about what i was going to do. As i've said countless times, i have treated this campaign with respect for every party involved. Which is why Tristan can get his own sources to tell them "DiGi's right, NiGHTS isn't playable!" because i'm not going to grass-up where i got my info from.

Fair enough mate. But I do kinda agree with a couple of other posters here when I say that your sources might be fine with it, but the big guys at SEGA might not be if they ever found out much about it. I'm glad my theory was wrong though, otherwise we might not have seen DLC all together.

I do find this whole situation kind of funny though, do you think the Mario fanbase causes this much of a ruckas when a new Mario Kart game is released? XD IMO, they have terrible character choices in Mario Kart usually.

I know what he wrote on my site. If he wants to be that way, that's fine, but it does nothing to add to the legitimacy of the campaign beyond it, for the moment, being a boy who cried wolf.

This campaign--and especially the way it's being marketed--is well deserving of criticism.

-T

• Thumbs Up 1

Mario Kart fans actually have the reverse of our problem, too few characters to fill a large roster so they complain when Waluigi, babies and skeletons fill up roster spots.

I know what he wrote on my site. If he wants to be that way, that's fine, but it does nothing to add to the legitimacy of the campaign beyond it, for the moment, being a boy who cried wolf.

This campaign--and especially the way it's being marketed--is well deserving of criticism.

-T

No. The boy who cried wolf kept lieing untill noone believed him when he told the truth. DiGi from what I have heard has told true things like Journey of Dreams before. So,no.

And, not to be mean, you too deserve some criticism.

Eh, you know what? I don't want to start anything -_-.

Edited by MarcelloF

Mario Kart fans actually have the reverse of our problem, too few characters to fill a large roster so they complain when Waluigi, babies and skeletons fill up roster spots.

waluigitime.jpg

I actually like Waluigi, he's a pretty hilarious character to play as. XD The main thing I'm still hoping for with SASAR is the Avatar support I mentioned to them at Summer of Sonic. The 360 version would be brilliant if you're able to control your avatar like you can the Mii's in MK:Wii.

Waluigi reminds me of Dick Dastardly which is a very good thing. Wacky Races for Dreamcast rules.

My hopes for SASAR is one of these to be revealed: Crazy Taxi racer and or track, The Hornet, the OutRun car. Thats pretty much it. The rest I'm already excited for. Lest we not forget Sonic R tunes are in. :D

Waluigi reminds me of Dick Dastardly which is a very good thing. Wacky Races for Dreamcast rules.

My hopes for SASAR is one of these to be revealed: Crazy Taxi racer and or track, The Hornet, the OutRun car. Thats pretty much it. The rest I'm already excited for. Lest we not forget Sonic R tunes are in. :D

When it comes to Outrun, I'm kind of worried that Sega might not have been willing to get the Ferrari license. In interesting tidbit about Outrun that I'd like to share, though: The car is a convertible Ferrari Testarossa... Something that Ferrari never manufactured. To my knowledge, there were two convertible Ferrari Testarossas, one of which was built by a random coach builder and the other by Ferrari to see if a convertible version was viable. Of the two, only one was Red. There were other convertible versions of later models, but only a pair of the type seen in Outrun. More have cropped up since, but it does mean that at one point, there are a single car that could point to and say "That's THE car from Outrun"

• Thumbs Up 1

Was Ferrari in OutRun Online Arcade? If so, then perhaps it will be in SASAR. If not, I guess a similar but different car would do.

When asked what type of vehicle he drives, Segata responded slyly with "Don't you mean what kind of vehicle drives me?"