Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Wouldn't mind a Streets of Rage DLC pack. Just imagine it a SOR themed course, music and as for a racer you could play as Axel and Adam in a police car. Would be awesome.

Maybe not Ecco himself but after playing through the underwater tubes of Ocean Ruin, I could see something like that being expanded for a trippy Ecco-themed track.

Stop there.

You can't possibly think I'm suggesting he drive a car. He'd have to use some sort of Atlantean technology. Perhaps he could hover in some sort of orb of water, like the Hanging Waters themselves. Sumo could come up with something imaginative and cool to make him a racer.

Thanks for being obnoxious, by the way.

Maybe not Ecco himself but after playing through the underwater tubes of Ocean Ruin, I could see something like that being expanded for a trippy Ecco-themed track.

Like I said, "Hanging Waters" would be a cool place to look for making a track.

Ecco is highly underrated and underused. I think he and his environments should be taken into consideration for the next SEGA All-stars/Superstar game.

He did say a few days ago that he's played the new DLC and it's awesome, so if this is just the unlock key, or as I call it "The achievement/trophy whores key" chances are that we'll get the first main DLC next week.

S0L has said that the PS3 patch is just waiting for Sony approval before it goes live, that usually takes anywhere upto 3 weeks depending on the popularity of the game, this was around a week ago, so if it's not this week that we get the prep DLC patch, then it's got to be next week if you want to put money on it.

Actually that post dates back to February 26th, I just quoted it a few days ago to remind someone of what he said.

You'll hear more about DLC very soon. I don't want to steal SEGA's thunder on this. But you'll be seeing some sooner than you expect - and it's AWESOME. I've just played it :)

---

S0L

---

Since it was playable back then I imagine it won't be long now until it's available.

So today I brought my PS3 and Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing with me to my school's lounge so my friends could play it. They thought it was amazing.

They couldn't believe that so many different Sega characters were crammed into the roster. One of them immediately recognized Alex Kidd and Opa-Opa and started going on about how he had adored Alex Kidd and Fantasy Zone back on the Sega Master System. Beat and Ulala were also really popular with the Dreamcast diehards.

Hell, I think I might have sold a few copies for ya, S0L.

[sarcasm]ARGH! Optional DLC that is not taking the place of upcoming DLC? WTF SEGA!? First Sonia, then Bentley and now THIS!!?? Sega is losing it![/sarcasm]

Dudes need to CHILL over this and that and the other thing.

Edited by Doctor Eggman

Don't care about this pack. Still waiting for (hopefully) Ristar and Metal Sonic.

Also I started my file over, only took a couple days to get those achievements anyway.

[sarcasm]ARGH! Optional DLC that is not taking the place of upcoming DLC? WTF SEGA!? First Sonia, then Bentley and now THIS!!?? Sega is losing it![/sarcasm]

Dudes need to CHILL over this and that and the other thing.

You should see the SEGA forums ASR board, so many threads all about this DLC pack where all the members are acting like this is the only DLC being released and that SEGA are forcing them to buy it. :lol: Huge drama over nothing.

Yeah well anyone who's complaining better make sure they're willing to unlock everything again should anything "unfortunate" happen to their game save.

Unless you're some obsessive compulsive idiot who has to own every piece of DLC for a given game, this unlock pack doesn't hurt anyone. If you're lazy and don't mind parting away with $5 then that's your own business.

Yeah well anyone who's complaining better make sure they're willing to unlock everything again should anything "unfortunate" happen to their game save.

Unless you're some obsessive compulsive idiot who has to own every piece of DLC for a given game, this unlock pack doesn't hurt anyone. If you're lazy and don't mind parting away with $5 then that's your own business.

So, if you're obsessive compulsive, you're an idiot? Brilliant.

• Bad Quality Post 1

You WANTED to be offended, didn't you :|

More reassurance that the real DLC is coming soon in a post by S0L at the SEGA forums in responce to a comment there -

Sega is a complete joke

Official

LOL, why thanks for your vote of confidence :P

We discussed this long and hard with SEGA. Yes I know it's quite easy to unlock all those characters and tracks with time, but you know, sometimes people don't have time!

This isn't of course the *nice* DLC we've been working on, in fact I think when that hits release (not too far from now...) you'll all be presently surprised.

Take it on face value. This might not be of interest to you, but it is to some people. If you don't want to use it, then don't. Simple as that.

But I warn you now, you might change your minds about DLC when you see what we've been really cooking :P

---

S0L

---

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=320403

Why would people not have time to unlock stuff?

To unlock stuff.. you play the game. If you don't have the time to play the game.. then why did you buy it?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 5

Now, now...

We're not forcing you to buy it! If you prefer to work your way through the game, then do so. Not everyone has free time though. If you want to get this DLC to get at the playable content, then the option is yours!

I'm not saying I agree with it or not, but this is after all an option of player choice.

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 4

There's absolutely no reason to complain about it, yet people still feel the need to do so.

Why?

Why would people not have time to unlock stuff?

To unlock stuff.. you play the game. If you don't have the time to play the game.. then why did you buy it?

I see it quite useful, oh why do I see it useful......well if your hard-drive decides to remove all memory for no reason and you lose all you saves,DLC,profiles and profile pictures and you cant be bothered to unlock it all over again this kind of DLC helps that sort of thing when your saves are gone (I pretty much based this post on what happened to me a year ago)

Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 2

S0L, can you say wether the DLC you're working on is being created from the large amount of feedback and suggestions from the community or decided by you guys and/or SEGA? Are any of the many suggestions(I know you wouldn't be able to say who or what) being implemented? I understand if you can't comment on that.

I would like to know if the "awesome" DLC would require Sega Miles, I mean, I download the file, and I have to unlock it by buying the item in the Sega Shop...

That would be dumb (sorta), but at least would give the players some reason to spend the excess of Sega Miles they have been accumulating since they got the game and unlocked everything (that would also mean TEH HARDCORZ would get the new stuff first, since they are the ones wich probably have more Miles)...

Also, Gumball eyes mode for DLC

Edited by imarafan

Guys... we all know what it's going to be... 1970's trousers mode!

Well... I have a feeling that it won't be a character pack, well there might be a character or two in it, but from S0L's hints, I think it's more to do with a mode or some kind of thing for the present cast list to do, there might be the odd one or two new characters if it's a bulk pack... But my money is on a mode... possibly trouser influenced...

Nooooo We need 1990's tracksuit mode instead of 1970's trousers mode S0L XD

2978223322_6a0aea1a1a.jpg

Edited by Crash

I hope you don't mind me asking but... HOW WOULD YOU SEE 1970S TROUSERS ON A PERSON WHO IS IN A CAR? I know there are taunt animations, but still...

BTW I'd like to see Big in a 1990s tracksuit.

I hope you don't mind me asking but... HOW WOULD YOU SEE 1970S TROUSERS ON A PERSON WHO IS IN A CAR? I know there are taunt animations, but still...

Bah! See the link in my signature! All the cars would be decorated too!

You WANTED to be offended, didn't you :|

I'm not offended at all. I just thought it was a magnificently stupid thing to say.