Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Who cares? I was going with the 360 version anyway.

Maybe people who won't be getting that version? I only have a PS3 I don't really have much of a reason to get an Xbox 360 outside of a few games.

Wait guys. From the looks of things, there WON'T be third party characters on other platforms. Look at the box-art on this page (it cycles).

Only the 360 ver is different from the old art.

So? Maybe they haven't revealed the other exclusive characters yet. I'm not expecting them to reveal all the other exclusive characters at once.

Though if there aren't any exclusive characters for the other platforms......

FFFFUUUU.jpg

Things just can't go right these days, can they?

First that document was leaked, which led to massive speculation around this subject. People specifically guessed that any 360 version exclusive content would be Banjo and Kazooie.

Second, that WIP box-art was uploaded to the artists public website. That was a mighty shame because it pretty much let the cat out of the bag. While SUMO have tried to say that it was only place-holder, we kinda knew. PR talk can only beat around the bush gently.

Now this. While the official announcement may be just around the corner, there's been no such thing.

You've got to feel sorry for the guys that have tried so hard to cover all of this up.

EDIT: @ Black Spy: Very true, so fingers crossed. It doesn't matter greatly though.

Edited by Blue Blood

And thus the console exclusive content wars continue. PS3 got Joker in Batman Arkham Asylum, 360 gets additional episodes for Grand Theft Auto 4, PS3 gets additional junk for all its games ported from the 360 months after they were released on the 360, etc. So if the 360 version ends up being the only one with an exclusive character it's no surprise.

Edited by Yong

Black BG and normal logo boxarts are back:

Whoops.

EDIT: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Shadzter!

Edited by Blue Blood

SR_360_Pack_front_lrg.jpg

Banjo and Kazooie 100% confirmed boyz, straight from SEGA's site.

Holy what the WHAT

That's insane, the amount of space they're taking up.

When Sonic and Snake were plugged into Brawl, they didn't even MAKE the cover. I had no idea Banjo and Kazooie were THAT BIG of a draw. (I loved Nuts & Bolts, but wow, man.)

things are getting weird oO

Anyway having Banjo and Kazooie in the Box Art isn't a good choice in my opinion. Every 3rd party char should be in the back. Dropping Tails is not good, just because of the plane wich he's driving, that gives more variety at the game first look

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

Holy what the WHAT

That's insane, the amount of space they're taking up.

When Sonic and Snake were plugged into Brawl, they didn't even MAKE the cover. I had no idea Banjo and Kazooie were THAT BIG of a draw. (I loved Nuts & Bolts, but wow, man.)

Brawl seems to be the only exception. When Namco plugs third party characters into Soul Calibur game, they got about a good third of the box art space.

Tails fucking sucks. Ever since his voice changed to that newish voice actor, I just hated him. Banjo-Kazooie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tails.

That is a fact. The boxart proves it.

To be this good takes AGES, amirite?

Quite funny that reversing it makes "To be this bad takes SEGA".

I'm a box art nazi, I always want the best. However, while B&K are intrusive, I am happy that they are (a)not Mario and (B) possibly the only version to have exclusive characters.

They just better not replace a Sega character in the roster.

Tails fucking sucks. Ever since his voice changed to that newish voice actor, I just hated him. Banjo-Kazooie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tails.

That is a fact. The boxart proves it.

nyd1xj.jpg

Quite funny that reversing it makes "To be this bad takes SEGA".

I find more irony in the use of this quote from the context of the "Needlemouse" topic in which it was used. Irony is best served with a side of wit, eh wat? Pip pip.

699740-monocle_large.jpg

Brawl seems to be the only exception. When Namco plugs third party characters into Soul Calibur game, they got about a good third of the box art space.

Good point. I forgot about Link being right up there on the cover of SC-whichever-one-that-was. II?

Still, man, that's pretty crazy to give them title billing like that in the logo. It's almost at parody-level

the saddest thing is that we may have only 20 chars. I'm very disappointed about this. If this is gonna be true I want at least 6 DLC chars

the final roster would be

Ulala

Gilius

Ristar

*a Female one* (Arle maybe)

Axel (Crazy Taxi)

NiGHTS ( if he isn't DLC, then Vyse)

DLC

NiGHTS/Vyse

Vectorman

Toejam & Earl

Tyris Flare

(wishes)

Reala

Blaze the cat

Hehe, so I was right with the Banjo thing. The PS3 Version will have Jak & Dexter as exclusive characters, the PS3 packshot is not final though.

True, but they didn't put "Soul Calibur II featuring LINK from THE LEGEND OF ZELDA!" on the cover of SCII's boxart.

So we now have : "Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Banjo-Kazooie" if you're going by the boxart rather than the official title.

MOAR LETTERS PLEASE

If theres only going to be non sega characters on one version, I cannot hold back how disapointed I am at that. I was certain that at some point we'd been told that all versions would be getting at least one non sega character/console specific character in the roster. If that really was the case and I didn't dream it, no doubt we'll get some scripted reply. Be along the lines of budget or rights or some other PR spin which hides the real reason. Heck, if I had imagined it, I bet we'll still get some PR spin about why only one version got a non sega character

But then again, if that really is the official boxart for the 360 version, I'm quite frankly shocked that they've given so much cover space to a non sega character for what is a sega game. In fact, when you take into consideration the position of that character and the new title of the game, it almost takes all the focus away from the main franchise character.

If thats the real box art, I would really hope we get some kind of explanation for this, because it's brought up a lot more questions than answers.

P.S. If it does turn out that the 360 version is getting an extra character, will the other versions be sold at a reduced RRP since they've now got lower development costs? Or will they get 70's trouser mode to make up for it?