Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I'd certainly guess that the PS3 and 360 versions will sport the same features, with the only real differences being DLC potentially. Wii version on the other hand I'm not so sure about. Wii Speak is probably a no though cause it's a terrible voice chat peripheral that nobody gives a damn about.

I'd certainly guess that the PS3 and 360 versions will sport the same features, with the only real differences being DLC potentially. Wii version on the other hand I'm not so sure about. Wii Speak is probably a no though cause it's a terrible voice chat peripheral that nobody gives a damn about.

Yeah, I don't expect Wii Speak and I expect PS3 and PC will have all the same features as Xbox 360.

I'm a little confused about the sound for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.

Xbox 360 is listed as In-game Dolby Digital and PS3 Dolby 5.1

Also curious about the HD specifications too.

PS3 is listed as 720p and Xbox 360 version doesn't list anything on the official Xbox site but in most cases the Xbox 360 version of a multi-platform game always can do up to 1080p compared to PS3 versions 720p. This was the case with SEGA Superstars Tennis, so i was hoping for full 1080p on PS3 this time.

Hopefully DLC makes IGN's eyes get all bright-eyed. The more fanservice there is in this, the better it will be. We want this game to get good reviews.

Don't get too exicted, great TSS newsman. I think they're just trying to set up dissapointed to those who read the final review, which may be the exact opposite of this preview. They go positive with this preview, but knowing how they are towards Sonic, I bet that they're doing this as a way to "bring" shock later to many people when they read the final review, which will be a bad one with a low score.

Just thought I'd share this prediction.

This.

Unless the name of the game starts with Sonic Rush, IGN will play this "it could be good" game and then completely trash the final review. I am less familiar from IGN UK, but I have to imagine that they are in the same boat. Generalization FTW.

I wonder if we'll be seeing things other than characters as DLC, like items or stages.

IGN never hated sonic, they have been right from the start

You obviously haven't read their Sonic Unleashed 360 review before they edited it.

Originally when it came out it had a lot of typos, lots of ranting, and the final score was like this:

5.0 Presentation

The daytime levels look great, but the other two-thirds suffer considerable framerate issues.

6.5 Graphics

The daytime levels look great, but the other two-thirds suffer considerable framerate issues.

6.0 Sound

5.0 Gameplay

The daytime levels aren't without fault, but are a lot of fun. Unfortunately, the rest of the game is horrendous.

4.0 Lasting Appeal

I am not kidding you. That is really what it said before they edited it a day later.

• Thumbs Up 2

For Sonic himself this means that only the most iconic of assets make the cut. There's a glorious run through oceanic ruins that riffs on a stage from Sonic Heroes – arguably the last decent Sonic game on homebound hardware – featuring the rolling greens and epic blues that first made us fall in love the series in the early nineties. It's full of dips and banks that get to the very core of what the Sonic experience should be about.

Wtf is "homebound hardware"?

You obviously haven't read their Sonic Unleashed 360 review before they edited it.

Originally when it came out it had a lot of typos, lots of ranting, and the final score was like this:

5.0 Presentation

6.5 Graphics

6.0 Sound

5.0 Gameplay

The daytime levels aren't without fault, but are a lot of fun. Unfortunately, the rest of the game is horrendous.

4.0 Lasting Appeal

I am not kidding you. That is really what it said before they edited it a day later.

oww yea thx for reminding me lol. Yea occasionaly there are some that hate sonic but besides this case i mostly agreed with them. except for rush adventure. I think that scored too high

Whatthe.pngWhatthe2.png

I totally forgot I took a screenshot of these.

But anywho, it really doesn't matter what gets said about this game from IGN or any other reviewer because I don't listen to them anyway. I expect around a 7 or 8 with the claim that it doesn't do things as well as Mario Kart and also fails at having too many Sonic characters.

But anywho, it really doesn't matter what gets said about this game from IGN or any other reviewer because I don't listen to them anyway. I expect around a 7 or 8 with the claim that it doesn't do things as well as Mario Kart and also fails at having too many Sonic characters.

Are you trying to say it doesn't matter who is wrong and who is riiiiiight!

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice preview up on IGN for anyone interested :)

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1055331p1.html

Come on AAUK - you should be pointing this stuff out on your blog :P

---

S0L

---

Aw, cut him some slack. I'm sure Kev's doing plenty of SEGA related stuff- and it's right on top of Christmas now too. XD

As for the preview, awesome! It does seem IGN usually don't give much of a toss with Sonic related things, so this is great. I'm looking forward to this christmassy announcement, it should be up by the weekend right? I remember the Brawl blog updating with Sonic stuff on Christmas day, I wonder if anyone else here was actually sad enough to check that on the 25th... XD

SR_360_Pack_front_lrg.jpg

Banjo and Kazooie 100% confirmed boyz, straight from SEGA's site.

LOL HUH

Well, this confirms console-exclusive characters. Let the mass-speculation on the PS3, Wii, DS, and PC exclusives begin!

CLIPPIT FOR PC. YOU KNOW YOU WANT HIM.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seriously? Wow.

Kind of odd they'd give them a huge billing right on the front of the box. Maybe they thought it would sell better that way.

I love how they just ripped Tails right off the box to put Banjo and Kazooie there.

I'm excited if only for the possibility of console exclusive characters on other platforms. For the sake of being fair, you know?

• Thumbs Up 2

I go off the net for an hour to watch a DVD after being on the net all day long watching their sites and they go and update on the hour that I randomly decide to leave the net :angry:

Oh well *goes to make news post*

Sucks only Xbox 360 is getting exclusive characters though. Maybe Sumo Digital couldn't reach a deal or maybe they couldn't reach a deal in time and will be bringing a DLC exclusive character for the PS3 version/possibly PC version(of which we've seen no box art since U.S. is download only) at least.

Who cares? I was going with the 360 version anyway.

360 version for me. Then the DS version at some point. Wii when the price has come down/pre-owned. PC version whenever I get bugged enough to buy it. Damn. Money. =(