Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

Maybe Sonic does have dense bones? He can slam into walls while boosting, and while he is stopped in his tracks, he doesn't seem all that hurt. He doesn't even lose rings. And then is the fact he can fall from high places and land pretty safely.

It would also possibly explain why he sinks like a stone, swimming inability also considered.

On dA one time, I drew a picture of a chibi version of Blaze holding a flower(in charcoal), and some guy named BlackCeiling said,

I think this might be the person you're referring to.

He used to stalk me and a bunch of my friends' dA pages.What a little creep.

Another one of mine is when people think simply fixing the glitches/technical bugs in Sonic 2006 will make it a good game, and automatically fix its problems. There are many other major flaws/problems in the game, and for it to be even be considered DECENT, it would have to be built from the ground up.

2. The fact SEGA refuse to give NiGHTS a default gender, i know he/she is genderless so they can bond with male/female hosts but NiGHTS has a girlish look so i always took it as a She, but i still get called out by fans calling it a HE.

• Thumbs Up 1

Character fan art where they're super fat, pregnant, ate somebody or are leashed being tickled in the feet.

It makes me want to cry really...

• Thumbs Up 5

My new pet peeve is when slowdown occurs when I am in the middle of precise platforming

Edited by Mr.Snarf

Another one of mine is when people think simply fixing the glitches/technical bugs in Sonic 2006 will make it a good game, and automatically fix its problems. There are many other major flaws/problems in the game, and for it to be even be considered DECENT, it would have to be built from the ground up.

This, but also that if the game wasn't so unfinished, there would be a few decent parts. I see parts of 06 such as Crisis City, or the running around dodging searchlights figuring out where to go in White Acropolis, or the Radical Train level where you've gotta keep up, or the quiet before the storm Aquatic Base, and go "you know what, this would be awesome if the game was not only finished, but the level design was better". As Sonic though. Shadow and Silver's levels are more on the blandly bad side, mostly just killing enemies (though Silver's gameplay was almost fun until the glitches and really repetitive and shit level design).

It's the concepts in the levels that are clearly there but not used well enough that bugs me. Stuff like story and the load times and the hub worlds are just inexcusably bad, but the glimmers of hope that happen once every 3 levels are just... almost there, you know?

Edited by Semi-colon e

the fact you still lose a life when restarting a stage. i mean yeah it stops people pausing the game and restarting before a death, but for perfectionists like myself i can restart a stage like, 10-20 times a pop to get a flawless run down.

• Thumbs Up 4

When people say "there hasn't been a good Sonic game since the Genesis/SA2" and when you point out to them that Colors, Generations, and even the DS/Advance games had good reviews, they cover their ears and go "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LALALALA!"

Anyone who uses the phrase "True Sonic Fans."

Look, to those who consider themselves more true Sonic fans than anyone else:

I DON'T BLOODY CARE HOW MUCH OF A TRUE SONIC FAN YOU ARE.

You are just another fan to me, and that means you are not better than anyone else. CAPICE?

Edited by Enigmatus

Anyone who uses the phrase "True Sonic Fans."

Anyone who uses the phrase "True -insert anything here- Fans" is more like it. Sonic's more retarded fanbase is guilty of this, but they're not the only ones. This is just pure, basic "I can't come up with any other argument" stupidity.

• Thumbs Up 5

When people say "there hasn't been a good Sonic game since the Genesis/SA2" and when you point out to them that Colors, Generations, and even the DS/Advance games had good reviews, they cover their ears and go "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LALALALA!"

There's rarely if ever been a period where every Sonic game on the market has received disastrous reception, and yet these same critical outlets that gave nice scores to the Advance and Rush games, Chronicles, and even the oft-hated Secret Rings don't ever recognize this. It's a kind of blatant ignorance and silly pandering that's symptomatic of the terrible nature of gaming journalism as a whole.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe the fact that Sonic Team does not know how to make a great game longer than six hours.

Better yet, the fact that they pad the game by adding all sorts of sad mechanics, like fishing or Red Rings.

Better yet, the fact that Red Rings exist to extend gameplay to get cheap rewards that should be in an artbook.

Better yet, the fact that there were no artbooks of any era released for the 20th anniversary.

Ughhh, I really love the Sonic franchise, but should there be this many pet peeves? D8<<<<<<

Edited by Lennox

The fact that Red Rings even exist to extend gameplay for cheap-ass rewards that should be in an art book.

Better yet, the fact that there were no artbooks of any era released for the 20th anniversary.

I'd rather unlock art in a game than have to buy it separately. I'm not made of rupees coins rings money over here.

Edited by HyperMetalWario

I find the concept sketches and paintings far more rewarding than Super Sonic.

Although frankly, I'd rather Red Rings go towards unlocking a final level to play in than any of these.

• Thumbs Up 3

There WAS...but it wasn't very big and was really more of a stock art collection than anything.

But technically...

What do you want from them (me)? Oh, I don't like this game, but I'm going to value this other person's opinion over my own experiences?

It was years ago, but it still annoys me when I watch old videos of SA2 on Gamespot, they say Rogue instead of Rouge and call Shadow a "purple hedgehog." Wait what? Purple?! The reporters must've been colourblind or something! -__-

Then again, maybe it's like Sonic 06 where IGN said Silver was cream coloured (??).

The Sonic fanbase is, in my opinion, way too divided. There are classic and modern era lovers, but they fight all the time.

Me, I like both eras, even though I have some gripes with most Sonic Game Gear games and some modern era titles (Heroes, Unleashed, '06, and Black Knight are garbage). Maybe the re-release of Sonic Adventure 2 will mean a ceasefire. Maybe, but probably not.

What do you want from them (me)? Oh, I don't like this game, but I'm going to value this other person's opinion over my own experiences?

To acknowledge that the series is actually recovering instead of wanting the series to die for your own selfish wants.

Edited by Slash

To acknowledge that the series is actually recovering instead of wanting the series to die for your own selfish wants.

In the eyes of many, sure, the series is recovering and getting better and making sales. that's a good thing. But there still are obviously a few that can believe that to them, Sonic is still not good. They can think that the series is not recovering just as others can think it is recovering.

I wonder what would happen if I applied the same dismissive approach and logic to common critical and public reception with ShtH and Sonic 06 in their respective topics....

Actually, I don't wonder. I know I would get textually eviscerated by the majority of participants in those topics with paragraphs upon paragraphs about how I'm crazy and also obligated to recognize that my personal opinion is basically wrong, e.g. the ever popular "just because you say it's good doesn't mean it is". This is one common statement that annoys me with its presence in debate, because it's basically just a more lucid form of "Well, that's just like, your opinion man."

"I guess you never played Colors then"

You're gonna see that statement a lot if you say there hasn't been a good Sonic game since x.

Series die what? I don't really understand what you're accusing me of.