Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

I want to pre order it but I'm trying to save up money for TCG stuff. .-.

I swear if Watch_Dogs being cancelled on the Wii U turns out to be true I don't think I'll ever buy a Ubisoft game again. Because honestly, this is the one game I'm willing to play on Wii U instead of PS3 or Xbox360.

I want to pre order it but I'm trying to save up money for TCG stuff. .-.

I swear if Watch_Dogs being cancelled on the Wii U turns out to be true I don't think I'll ever buy a Ubisoft game again. Because honestly, this is the one game I'm willing to play on Wii U instead of PS3 or Xbox360.

That's a bit extreme don't you think? You can't blame them if they are going to cancel it. Have you looked at the Assassin's Creed Wii U sales? I even bet the preorders for Watch_Dogs Wii U before the GameStop Italy removal was quite low! You can be angry at Ubisoft, but you should be more angry at Nintendo for this whole mess. Until Nintendo straightens everything out with this console, 3rd parties will stay away or be skeptical.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a bit extreme don't you think? You can't blame them if they are going to cancel it. Have you looked at the Assassin's Creed Wii U sales? I even bet the preorders for Watch_Dogs Wii U before the GameStop Italy removal was quite low! You can be angry at Ubisoft, but you should be more angry at Nintendo for this whole mess. Until Nintendo straightens everything out with this console, 3rd parties will stay away or be skeptical.

Yeahhh maybe I went a bit OTT there. ^^; it just frustrates me that a third party game I was going to buy for the Wii U day one is now on the edge of possibly being cancelled. I can always get Watch_Dogs on PS3, maybe at a later date. I will be very disappointed in Ubisoft if they do this though.

• Thumbs Up 2

... Am I allowed to actually be disappointed if they actually go through with cancelling the Wii U version? To be frank, I couldn't give less of a damn about how sensible such a decision would be from their perspective; all I'd care about is that I'd essentially be deprived of a chance to actually own the game for myself, and that wouldn't sit well with me at all.

Well yeah, no one said you can't be disappointed or angry. You have every right to be. I mean, I sorta know how that feels when a game you want isn't in the end coming to the console you own. I was just saying look at the bigger picture into why Ubisoft could be canceling the Wii U version. And from a business perspective, it's not a ridiculous idea canceling it.

Maybe their Watch Dogs related servers have been hacked by Abstergo Entertainment.

I always said that it was a risky partnership.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did they abandon the "Watch Dogs" trademark or the "Watch_Dogs" trademark? If they abandoned the first one and not the second one there's pretty much no reason to worry. 

Did they abandon the "Watch Dogs" trademark or the "Watch_Dogs" trademark? If they abandoned the first one and not the second one there's pretty much no reason to worry. 

It could be something to do with this, but as I have no idea how to actually search the Trademark website, I can't confirm that.

People on GAF are saying there is no trademark for "Watch_Dogs" though.

There's a pic on NeoGAF. They seem to have abandoned Watch Dogs and not Watch_Dogs.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=762701

I could still be something, but it's very unlikely to be a cancellation. At most a name change.

Supposedly the trademark was all along "Watch Dogs" and not "Watch_Dogs", the official website says the trademark is "Watch Dogs" too, and I don't think there is a trademark titled "Watch_Dogs"

Good news, the game is totally ok.

Weird news; http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=221644

“On February 1, 2014, Ubisoft Entertainment received an email from TEAS@uspto.gov notifying Ubisoft Entertainment that a Request for Express Abandonment had been filed in connection with Application Serial No. 85642398. The Request for Express Abandonment purports to be signed by the Chief Executive Officer of Ubisoft Entertainment, Yves Guillemot,” Ubisoft wrote.

“Mr. Guillemot, however, did not sign the Request for Express Abandonment, nor did Ubisoft Entertainment file the Request for Express Abandonment. The Request for Express Abandonment is fraudulent and was not filed by Ubisoft Entertainment or its representative.”

Holy crap! Why would someone do that? That's crazy weird.

• Thumbs Up 1

i dont get it

Basically, the trademark was supposedly removed by request from the CEO of Ubisoft, but the CEO of Ubisoft never made such a request.

Which means a fraud was somehow able to use the CEO's name to have the trademark officially abandoned, pulling off something that probably is really not easy to do, and is probably ultimately quite pointless! Who the hell did this and why? It's really bizarre.

• Thumbs Up 6

Because they're trolling? I figured it had to be something around those lines if a fraud was doing all this. Either that or sabotage...

At this point I think that we will not hear anything about the game until E3...seriously, what's taking them so long to release a new trailer or something mellow.png

At this point I think that we will not hear anything about the game until E3...seriously, what's taking them so long to release a new trailer or something :mellow:

They want to make the game as awesome as possible and that's all that matters

Wii U version of Watch Dogs will be coming out at a later date than the other versions.

Just announced at Ubi conference call.

Well that's a bit of a kick in the teeth, but... hey, at least it's not cancelled, I guess!

Hopefully they'll take the extra time to really polish up the Wii U version and take advantage of what the GamePad could bring to the game. If it's just a delayed carbon copy port of the 360/PS3 versions, there hardly seems to be any point in pushing it back.