Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/watch_dogs/news/watch_dogs_delayed_on_wii_u.html

"We made the difficult decision to further delay the release of Watch Dogs on Wii U to focus the team's resources where they could have the broadest possible benefit for both our customers and Ubisoft".

I'm not going to lie, this sounds like a stealth cancellation.

Aaaaand there goes my interest in Watch Dogs. Sorry Ubisoft, but I'm not going to bother getting your game at what will most likely be god damn Fall to buy your game while everyone else is able to play it on other consoles just fine. Erugh.

• Thumbs Up 5

They said the same about Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Basically what I was thinking as well.

It seems to me like they quietly stopped focusing on the Wii U version a while back, if the Wii U does well further towards its release, they'll finish it and release it later than the other versions. If the Wii U disappoints Ubi even further, it'll be quietly dropped completely and cancelled later on like Aliens was.

Ah well :/

Not yet at least.

Let me cling on to what little hope there is left :P

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Wii U does get shelved further down the line, but in a way I'd rather they just announced they were cancelling it now and be done with rather than dragging it out and just leading to more disappointment later on. As SuperLink says, they're probably just waiting to see if the Wii U has a sudden change of fortune over the next few months - if yes, they'll take a punt and release that version, if not, then they've not wasted time and resources on a sinking ship.

Basically what I was thinking as well. It seems to me like they quietly stopped focusing on the Wii U version a while back, if the Wii U does well further towards its release, they'll finish it and release it later than the other versions. If the Wii U disappoints Ubi even further, it'll be quietly dropped completely and cancelled later on like Aliens was. Ah well :/

But wasn't aliens shit though? After the stunt ubisoft pulled with Rayman I don't they can do that again

Basically what I was thinking as well.

It seems to me like they quietly stopped focusing on the Wii U version a while back, if the Wii U does well further towards its release, they'll finish it and release it later than the other versions. If the Wii U disappoints Ubi even further, it'll be quietly dropped completely and cancelled later on like Aliens was.

Ah well :/

In the case of CM, it didn't help that the game was critically thrashed.

Yeah Aliens being shit definitely didn't help, but I think the lack of release had more to do with Wii U's lack of performance, especially since Aliens sold pretty amazingly all things considered.

Even if it doesn't cancelled, it's been left in an even worse position than before.

People who have a Wii U may have gotten this version due to the GamePad before, but now I doubt many will wait.

Well, that's a big kick in the balls for Wii-U owners. Fucking Ubisoft........

I would say maybe they're having trouble to get the game to work on a lower powered console, but the thing is the 360 and PS3 versions aren't delayed at all, so that's not a logical reason. Maybe the gamepad is proving troublesome? 

Either way I'm not personally affected since I'm getting the PS4 version but it's still worrying. 

Well, that's a big kick in the balls for Wii-U owners. Fucking Ubisoft........

I would say maybe they're having trouble to get the game to work on a lower powered console, but the thing is the 360 and PS3 versions aren't delayed at all, so that's not a logical reason. Maybe the gamepad is proving troublesome? 

Either way I'm not personally affected since I'm getting the PS4 version but it's still worrying. 

It's not the power that's the issue, but just that it's foreign architecture that isn't worth the porting process when it'll likely only account for about 3% of total sales at most (both Assassins Creed games and Splinter Cell were roughly 1% on Wii U).

It's not the power that's the issue, but just that it's foreign architecture that isn't worth the porting process when it'll likely only account for about 3% of total sales at most (both Assassins Creed games and Splinter Cell were roughly 1% on Wii U).

I thought the architecture was comparable to that of the PS3 or 360? Like the Wii-U had higher something but lower another thing or something. You were discussing this at one point. 

The thing with Colonial Marines. 

If you read the old topic about it, it seems that the Wii U version was actually finished, only it needed a little more QA testing due to the gamepad mini games. 

I thought the architecture was comparable to that of the PS3 or 360? Like the Wii-U had higher something but lower another thing or something. You were discussing this at one point. 

It has a better GPU but a much worse CPU. It's not any worse than the PS3 or anything, it just doesn't have the install base to make the port worth it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd wager it's nothing to do with Wii U's power at all, and everything to do with sales.

No matter how easy a console is to dev for, it's still going to make a dent in a company's wallet.

Watch Dogs isn't being delayed for PS360 because Ubi are rightfully confident it'll sell on those systems, a port to Wii U from those might be relatively cheap, but if they dipped development for it a while ago they could save money by dropping it completely rather than potentially never breaking even on the Wii U port.

Sad, but probably true.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd wager it's nothing to do with Wii U's power at all, and everything to do with sales.

No matter how easy a console is to dev for, it's still going to make a dent in a company's wallet.

Watch Dogs isn't being delayed for PS360 because Ubi are rightfully confident it'll sell on those systems, a port to Wii U from those might be relatively cheap, but if they dipped development for it a while ago they could save money by dropping it completely rather than potentially never breaking even on the Wii U port.

Sad, but probably true.

Pretty much. They want the Wii U to get a higher install base first before releasing the game for it.

In other words, Ubisoft wants to focus on the other platforms that Watch Dogs is coming out on because they have little to no faith in the Wii U version selling. Thanks Ubisoft for screwing your Nintendo customers once again.

After the whole Rayman Legends fiasco I thought they should have known better on not trying to piss Wii U customers and looks like they haven't learned their lesson. It's like they're not even trying with Wii U and then they complain about horrid sales. It's inevitable with what they keep going. It's like they want to lose support just so they have a reason to ditch the Wii U without going back on their word.

And just after reading this article from Destructoid, Ubisoft better know what they are doing with Watch Dogs overall. If the game doesn't meet sales expectations, delaying (or even worse) cancelling the Wii U version won't make things any better.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh GTFO Ubisoft! I swear to God these guys are almost my most hated game developer right next to EA. Well, here's hoping the Wii U actually sells and they fucking change their mind. Cos I'm still getting the Wii U version, even when the other versions come out first! The only thing that would stop me from playing that version is if doesn't utilise the Gamepad in a unique and cool way.

And I bet after Watch Dogs eventually comes out on Wii U, they will complain about sales numbers again!

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn it, Ubisoft! They delay the game and now delay it again for Wii U not long after I've gone and put £5 down on a pre-order at GAME. My local GAME stores were planning a midnight launch for its original release date and likely will do it again for the new release date, but not for a separate Wii U release, so now I won't be able to take part. That was one of the reasons I pre-ordered in store. 

That statement doesn't give me any hope that the Wii U version will be anything special at all, regardless of what the Game Pad could do for the game. 

Ubisoft was pretty much the only major publisher to give half a shit about the system in the first place.

Can we not do this every time a third party publisher shockingly seems wary about the Wii U?

• Thumbs Up 8

Ubisoft was pretty much the only major publisher to give half a shit about the system in the first place.

Can we not do this every time a third party publisher shockingly seems wary about the Wii U?

When people stop complaining about Bayonetta 2 :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Ubisoft was pretty much the only major publisher to give half a shit about the system in the first place. Can we not do this every time a third party publisher shockingly seems wary about the Wii U?
But Sega.... Anyway I'm not surprised at all. This doesn't effect me because I'll be getting the PS4 version but until Nintendo sorts this console out, we will be seeing a lot of this in the future. Brace yourselves. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk