Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

Then they can continue to be the laughing stock of the industry as their competitors make several times as much money year after year. Business is no place for indignant pride and arrogance, especially when you're in last place.

Beggars can't be choosers.

They're up against a company that has infinite money and another one that continues to burn money as its ship is sinking. I think you overestimate exactly how much Nintendo can do in the face of Sony and Microsoft. True, Sony doesn't actually pay for exclusives (they just bent over backwards this time due to being too arrogant with PS3), but Microsoft can never be out bought ever. The most Nintendo CAN do is make their system more dev friendly, and buy exclusives from SMALLER 3rd parties (see: the ones no one seems to want. Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors, etc.). Even it remains to be seen if making their next console x86 will actually do anything for them.

Edit: And I swear to God, you better not suggest that they should pay for multiplat ports.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's like I said. I fear that without getting paid heavily in advance, more often than not, third parties are going to thrive on the blame game, stand, yell and point when their Wii U installments sell the least because, surprise, surprise, the Wii U version sucks. Heck, it's gotten to the point where people actually thought the Wii U was weaker than the PS3 and 360, all because of how lame the Wii U ports were.

Power of the console be damned this time.

I just want some full-fledged effort, rather than a half-backed partridge served on a dead tree. Seriously, if you're going to give little, don't expect a whole lot of sales. Actually WORK with the Wii U, then maybe you'll have some credibility to bad-mouth it then.

Alas, like with Sonic 06, it seems a lot of these third parties aren't willing to give it the 'ol 110%. Shame too. I hate this vicious cycle.

At this point....it is just best to ignore 3rd party Wii U stuff all together; they obviously don't give a dam about the system and Nintendo doesn't care to make their system easier for 3rd party's to put their games on, so why should we care?

That is the main thing that just irritates me to no end, I love Nintendo and the great games they make, the large amount of great IP they have and (now apparently) Nintendo's systems are the Blue Burs home....but I just can't get a Wii U when I know there are going to be the Bioshock's or the Tomb Raders coming to every other system but not mine. That forced me to get a Wii (as Generations wasn't coming to the system) and I'm dam sure that same thing wont make me buy a Wii U AND a PS4.

I don't know, I want some games as DKC TF and Sonic Boom look amazing but I really don't want to pay 300 bucks just to play a handful of exclusives when I could put that toward a system that will have mostly all the games I'd be interested in :(. If 3rd party game were to land on Wii U and Nintendo systems in general, I would be more conferrable getting a Wii U but with that not being the case....its just really annoying :(

At this point....it is just best to ignore 3rd party Wii U stuff all together; they obviously don't give a dam about the system and Nintendo doesn't care to make their system easier for 3rd party's to put their games on, so why should we care?

Because Kingdom Hearts 3wub.png  (god I'm shamelessblush.png !!!!) dammit!! I don't have enough incentive, let alone the money to get a PS4! 

It's like I said. I fear that without getting paid heavily in advance, more often than not, third parties are going to thrive on the blame game, stand, yell and point when their Wii U installments sell the least because, surprise, surprise, the Wii U version sucks. Heck, it's gotten to the point where people actually thought the Wii U was weaker than the PS3 and 360, all because of how lame the Wii U ports were.

Power of the console be damned this time.

I just want some full-fledged effort, rather than a half-backed partridge served on a dead tree. Seriously, if you're going to give little, don't expect a whole lot of sales. Actually WORK with the Wii U, then maybe you'll have some credibility to bad-mouth it then.

Alas, like with Sonic 06, it seems a lot of these third parties aren't willing to give it the 'ol 110%. Shame too. I hate this vicious cycle.

Developers gravitate towards consoles with audiences. The Wii U hardly has an audience. It's that simple. We know what the deal is. No need to overcomplicate it or have this argument again. They don't have to pay for anything. They just have to make the console appealing. The ports suck because the companies don't want to pour money into something that wont sell. Hell, most Nintendo fans blow even the good third party titles off anyway when they actually show up so I don't know why everyone gets pissy when this happens.

If publishers had some grand bias against Nintendo, the 3DS wouldn't be raining games. :U 

• Thumbs Up 2

If publishers had some grand bias against Nintendo, the 3DS wouldn't be raining games. :U 

It's not necessarily Nintendo, but the Wii U they're biasing against. And honestly, for the handheld market, 3DS is the way for businesses to go, lest' Sony get their Vita act together and/or Ouya takes off.

Because Kingdom Hearts 3wub.png  (god I'm shamelessblush.png !!!!) dammit!! I don't have enough incentive to get a PS4 yet! 

I'm with you there man :(. But its not to Wii U due to it coming to the X1, the system that hand NONE of the past KH games on it and its audience has no idea whats going to happen in the game or got the HD remakes.....god dam it Square angry.png.

It's not necessarily Nintendo, but the Wii U they're biasing against. And honestly, for the handheld market, 3DS is the way for businesses to go, lest' Sony get their Vita act together and/or Ouya takes off.

There is no bias. There's just stuff that makes money and stuff that doesn't. The sooner you understand that the clearer this situation becomes.

I'm with you there man sad.png. But its not to Wii U due to it coming to the X1, the system that hand NONE of the past KH games on it and its audience has no idea whats going to happen in the game or got the HD remakes.....god dam it Square angry.png.

Even worse is the fact that not too long after that announcement, an indie company actually revealed the Wii U COULD run DirectX11. So yeah, Square Enix couldn't even utter a non-bullshit reason to leave their Nintendo fanbase out in the cold for one of their most longly awaited games. See, that's the kind of corporate BS that's wearing away my nerves with the videogame industry. The lack of effort is infuriating.

There is no bias. There's just stuff that makes money and stuff that doesn't. The sooner you understand that the clearer this situation becomes.

If the Wii U versions didn't constantly get unfairly sodomized, delayed neutered, handicapped, etc, and gimped, I'd be inclined to agree. Unfortunately the present situation signals that I can't.sad.png

If the Wii U versions didn't constantly get unfairly sodomized, neutered, handicapped, and gimped, I'd be inclined to agree. Unfortunately the present situation signals that I can't.:(

Would you put your all towards something that's likely not going to pay off in the slightest? Who would?

Would you put your all towards something that's likely not going to pay off in the slightest? Who would?

Not putting your all into something pretty much guarantees it to underperform at best and fail heavily at worst as Sonic 06 can be a testament to.

And regardless, it's dickish to the people who purchase the console expecting fair treatment, to purposefully gimp their version of the game.

Not putting your all into something pretty much guarantees it to underperform at best and fail heavily at worst as Sonic 06 can be a testament to.

You DO realize good third party ports and original games are tanking too, right?

How the fuck is '06 even remotely comparable to this case?

- Its failures were attributed to flaws at a conceptual level and no amount of effort would have changed that beyond a complete redo

- its failures were in no way limited to a specific console, much less one technically and/or demographically inferior to its current competitors at the time

- it still sold a million anyway despite its critical lambasting based on brand power alone, whereas Watch_Dogs is its own first installment

Are we just picking any old random crap games out of a hat as if they have any relation at all to a single port of an anticipated game on a platform that no two ways about it is performing desperately below expectations? I fucking love the WiiU and even I have to admit that much.

• Thumbs Up 1

You DO realize good third party ports and original games are tanking too, right?

Shame they tend to be overshadowed by the bad, but yes I acknowledge that not all third parties are gimping/screwing the Wii U and its versions. The problem is that damage tends to get done when the majority jump on the bandwagon for the vicious cycle.

Shame they tend to be overshadowed by the bad, but yes I acknowledge that not all third parties are gimping/screwing the Wii U and its versions. The problem is that damage tends to get done when the majority jump on the bandwagon for the vicious cycle.

Well then Nintendo needs to do their fucking part and sell the Wii U. This ain't gonna change unless they do. NOTHING about this changes until they do. You know it. I know it. No matter who they decide to blame, everyone knows it. Can we finally cut this crap out and just talk about things we actually enjoy talking about until this changes? Please? Does every thread about the Wii U need to be brought back to THIS?

Fair point that Nintendo does need to do something of a better job at selling the Wii U. But that's still no excuse for Third Parties to still birth their Wii U titles and waste effort, then putting on a surprised actor face whenever, shock of all shocks, the Wii U audience won't settle for half-baked goods. That goes for everyone.

A lot of people are saying this is actually a cover up for a cancellation. What they're going to do is pull it out of the radar, and then cancel it. This will minimize publicity and reaction from fans.

A lot of people are saying this is actually a cover up for a cancellation. What they're going to do is pull it out of the radar, and then cancel it. This will minimize publicity and reaction from fans.

despite the massive preorder jump, well thats odd

Ubisoft continues to make dumb decisions.

I wish they would put their effort into focusing on Wii U exclusive "small" games that don't have overinflated budgets. Then at least we'll get some effort put in with utilization of the Wii U gamepad.

They already messed up Watch Dogs. They revealed it too early and a lot of people lost their hype. It's really not that exciting anymore. Now they're deciding to wait several more months to release the Wii U version. At this point, who's going to care? I wouldn't be surprised if the hyped up discussion of Wii U Gamepad integration doesn't make it in. While the other versions will be $30 by the time the Wii U version gets released, Ubisoft is insuring that no one buys it.

Sigh.

Seriously, they really need to focus their resources on something else. Make something unique and low budget.

• Thumbs Up 3

Developers gravitate towards consoles with audiences. The Wii U hardly has an audience. It's that simple. We know what the deal is. No need to overcomplicate it or have this argument again. They don't have to pay for anything. They just have to make the console appealing. The ports suck because the companies don't want to pour money into something that wont sell. Hell, most Nintendo fans blow even the good third party titles off anyway when they actually show up so I don't know why everyone gets pissy when this happens.

To be fair, Western support for 3DS is very VERY shit.

Handhelds in general aren't treated all too great by western developers, though. Home consoles are simply more popular here, while it's the opposite in Japan.

Seriously, they really need to focus their resources on something else. Make something unique and low budget.

Well, they're making Child of Light and Valiant Hearts.

How did the Wii u version of assassins creed 3 take advantage of the system besides "oh look a continent map"

How did the Wii u version of assassins creed 3 take advantage of the system besides "oh look a continent map"

It didn't. Map. Always a horse whistle button. Off-TV. As far as I remember.

It didn't. Map. Always a horse whistle button. Off-TV. As far as I remember.

Replace the horse whistle button with a horn and that's what Mario Kart 8 uses the gamepad for. It's not like Nintendo isn't having trouble integrating the gamepad into their games. Tropical Freeze shows a blank screen outside of Off-TV play. Even if Nintendo was finding better uses for the gamepad, Ubisoft has pretty much given up on the WiiU so if Watch Dogs actually comes out on the system I don't expect anything more than a map.

Replace the horse whistle button with a horn and that's what Mario Kart 8 uses the gamepad for. It's not like Nintendo isn't having trouble integrating the gamepad into their games. Tropical Freeze shows a blank screen outside of Off-TV play. Even if Nintendo was finding better uses for the gamepad, Ubisoft has pretty much given up on the WiiU so if Watch Dogs actually comes out on the system I don't expect anything more than a map.

Despite the fact that  watch dog would be perfect for the gamepad, for all the various devices and hacking segments